Verified:

ZIP Game profile

Jul 9th 2013, 14:11:52

how come the ffa server has to be an exact copy of alliance... just with 16 countries? Surly you can see both servers may have different "issues" that may need game mechanics to solve and in doing so messes the other
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 9th 2013, 23:29:42

Qz doesn't see it that way, I tried to tell them , they didn't want to listen
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Stryke Game profile

Jul 10th 2013, 1:47:44

I am not a fan of this either, if anything it's going to drastically depreciate Dictatorship as a viable government for some strategies as the ghost acre bonus is what helps countries to effectively make the use of their land and/or technology so that they'd stand a better chance at finishing with a good rank. Adding in the exponential building costs that kick in after you've surpassed 30,000 acres makes it even more painful to try and build an effective farmer, or any other strategy that requires production of large amounts of resources.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

ZIP Game profile

Jul 10th 2013, 12:35:43

my point is mostly when alliance gets a change... why does FFa have to change too?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 10th 2013, 14:24:43

Originally posted by ZIP:
my point is mostly when alliance gets a change... why does FFa have to change too?

because the admins see ffa as just alliance with 16 countries per person, which you and i both know is incorrect.

land trading wasnt a big deal in ffa as most landtrading alliances tho they didnt like grabs they accepted them generally and the grabber made out with a profit and so did the landtrading alliance if they retaled correctly.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

blid

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2013, 14:54:12

They should change the solo servers back as well
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Serpentor Game profile

Jul 10th 2013, 17:29:08

Yup.
The EEVIL Empire

Scorba Game profile

Jul 10th 2013, 18:29:48

A lot of their changes screw over most alliance players too so good luck getting things fixed.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 10th 2013, 19:46:34

-insert response detailing the distinct differences between servers-
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Marshal Game profile

Jul 10th 2013, 20:54:31

ffa: 16 countries allowed, no daily bonusturns if 12/18 hrs away.

1a: only 1 country allowed, daily bonusturns if away 12/18 hrs.

same turnrate, same length.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 11th 2013, 3:21:09

Our plans are to eventually separate the changes by server more, but we currently don't have as clean a framework for doing so as we would need for many of these things.
Finally did the signature thing.

Stryke Game profile

Jul 11th 2013, 6:00:20

Well, considering I had just embraced Dictatorship Farmer as a strategy and did remarkably well with it last set, I had *high* hopes of being able to surpass my previous land and TNW this set.

By day 30-35 last set my total land 863k acres completely built, now I am at day 38 and I only have 1/3 of my land built because the cost to build has depleted the everliving hell out of the cash I'd get from selling bushels, by the time I get my land built, I'll have maybe ten days left in the set to stockpile and with that short a period of time, my networths aren't going to be impressive at all.

So, with that said, this set has proven to me that playing Dictatorship at any point in the future as a netgaining strategy has been completely neutralized, because of the fact that I haven't been able to achieve the same amount of acres as previously, resulting in my not being able to produce the bushels needed so I could sell them to buy the techs to make the most of what I do have for land, factor in the building costs and it's made it slower than hell to build let alone perform as a netgaining strategy.

a.k.a. NightShade
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 11th 2013, 16:08:53

Basically Stryke, the building cost change affected everyone that has large countries, so everyone's country sizes are going to be that much smaller this reset.

I would say that instead of gaining more land, you should have made sure all your land is built up before land-trading for more land. Since only 1/3 of your land is built, your best strategy at this point is to drop half of that empty land to reduce your building cost of the other half by more than 60%-70%.

Edit: In case you're not getting my point, I'll say it plainly: You did not adjust to game changes. With the new construction formula, any rainbow or empty acres must always be built/converted before gaining new acres, or you are just hurting yourself exponentially (compounded) for each new acre gained for each old acre that wasn't converted/built.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Jul 11th 2013, 16:33:48
See Original Post

Stryke Game profile

Jul 11th 2013, 21:48:41

Okay, got it. Of course I didn't adjust to the new changes, as I was playing the strategy I'd learned when I started playing Dictatorship Farmer. Now it seems that everything that has worked for me previously is ineffective, and if anything has marginalized some strategies that require large amounts of land to be successful at getting a country anywhere near the top 10-200

a.k.a. NightShade

ZIP Game profile

Jul 11th 2013, 22:25:31

thanks qz for responding to this

ZIP Game profile

Jul 15th 2013, 2:32:16

I will say the start ups are nice

Stryke Game profile

Jul 15th 2013, 8:40:50

Thats about the gist of it too...

a.k.a. NightShade

kemo Game profile

Jul 17th 2013, 16:16:43

were the building costs and lower acreage limits tested seperately? cause i really think adding them in at once is a ball breaker. im certainly not a real netter so feel free to know my math is as useful as a 1 legged man in an ass kicking contest
all praised to ra

Stryke Game profile

Jul 19th 2013, 12:20:15

I'd imagine they weren't. This was done more to punish land-trading in Alliance Server. Unfortunately, since it couldn't be applied specifically to one server, it had to be applied on all of them.

As such... the only way to effectively acquire the same kind of land as before, you're going to need to invest 100% of your bonus points into the Building Costs bonus, and max out your Military Strategy techs...

Now, if everyone wanted to protest the changes enough to get the attention of the Game Admins, just don't play Dictatorship. If given enough of a decline in players *not* playing with that government, it may be enough of an incentive to roll the changes back.

Considering the previous change to Dictatorship lasted for almost three years, a lot of people have gotten used to it (myself included). And now that it's been changed again, with added changes making the government with the slowest build rate in the game that much more difficult to build it's land, it's made me want to either go back to playing Theo Cashers, or try a Theo Farmer (I know!...), putting every bonus point into the Building Costs bonus, maxing out Agriculture, Business, Residential, Military, Mil. Strategy and Weapons techs just to see if it would be better off than playing Dictatorship Farmer.

a.k.a. NightShade

Stryke Game profile

Oct 2nd 2013, 6:50:17

Bumping this after yet another mediocre set these changes have brought.

I am going to quit playing Dictatorship from now on in protest, I have played amended strategies as a means of trying to make the best out of a bad situation, but regardless of such, my networths have been parked at or around the $30-40 million networth range when I previously had countries in the $101-157 million networth range.

Dictatorship Farmer has been effectively marginalized as an effective netgaining strategy.

a.k.a. NightShade

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 2nd 2013, 10:23:39

it hasn't, there is nothing wrong with the normal dict farmer strat
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Oct 2nd 2013, 14:34:16

considering you can easily get 100m+ nw as an all-x farmer (at least in alliance ...), one has to ask whether the problem is with the game, or with your playing.
i don't think dict farmer's been nerfed nearly as hard as you think it has.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 2nd 2013, 16:35:50

He just refuses to accept change and adapt like the other top players are.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:44:48

You'll note it's slowly diverging now =/

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 3rd 2013, 22:58:36

Yeah but only to suit killing, if u go ahead with making ghost acres expensive to get, all you are doing is making buyouts and aiding the only ways to get top ten in ffa
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Mr Emerald

Oct 4th 2013, 10:31:41

Which is funny, because that is what is frowned on in Alliance....
We are not the same, I am martian!
you are all retarded in the eyes of fluff
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER TEDDY BEAR!!!

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 11:23:39

So only change alliance. We wannt ffa left alone. The people have spoken
The Death Knights

XI

ZIP Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 11:24:28

you are fluffing up what makes ffa different and so much more fun...

you make these changes for alliance all the time... why are we the red headed step child?

oh and stryke it is you, not the game changes

AndrewMose Game profile

Oct 5th 2013, 19:58:13

I too would like landtrading in FFA to return to the way it was. I dont mind the dictatorship change as much as the reduction in overall ghost acres an increase in build costs. The only reason to net in FFA instead of other servers is to land trade, with the changes of the past 6 months, FFA netting isnt as differentiated from other servers. I agree with most of the other FFAers on this board.

In saying that I do like the challenge of adjusting strategy from set to set.

Mr Emerald

Oct 12th 2013, 21:57:21

Basically what we all want is for you to change it back to the changes just after llaars multi million acre country. It was just a slight nerf which was I believe slight ghost acre DRs.

Do that, and fix the ffa control and we are golden. You will have a happy ffa member base :)
We are not the same, I am martian!
you are all retarded in the eyes of fluff
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER TEDDY BEAR!!!

m0bzta Game profile

Oct 15th 2013, 17:22:47

then Nerf all other servers into one like you want it to be

that way maybe you can have clan pop up
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 15th 2013, 18:09:07

I'm looking at doing something for DR, which I can make server-by-server for sure; and we can always make it so DR isn't a big deal on FFA....

ZIP Game profile

Oct 19th 2013, 0:22:28

C;c set dr would be a start

Stryke Game profile

Oct 22nd 2013, 6:07:52

I just quit playing Dictatorship Farmer altogether. Only thing I'll use Dictatorship for is warring in Alliance server. I dumped Bonus Points into Building Costs last set and it affected next to nothing for me even with having 400 construction sites in each country.

During the past two sets, I spent more of the cash I could have been saving building my land than stockpiling it, or buying tech and producing more bushels so that when it came time to stockpile I had a fraction of what I was aiming for... which considering when when having a 72.2k acre country producing 963k bushels a turn before the changes, I'm flabbergasted at how a 73.4k acre country produces 746k bushels with maybe 5% tech difference. This set I decided to try Fascist Farmer, and just said fluff Dictatorship altogether.

a.k.a. NightShade

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 22nd 2013, 7:27:55

stryke thats a load of fluff

Tax Revenue:
Expenses:
Net Change: $10,492,504
$767,822
$+9,724,682 Food Produced:
Food Consumed:
Net Change: 927,665 bushels
30,570 bushels
+897,095 bushels

that is what a 74k land Dict farmer makes

so a decently built dict farmer makes roughly 1.12mil food a turn once u spend the money to buy more food to stock
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332