Verified:

giants1223 Game profile

Oct 10th 2013, 5:20:06

Can we talk about why there is a push to get rid of offensive alliances? Also I still don't get how you can get rid of O allies and not D allies?

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 10th 2013, 5:34:06

O allies allow an undisputed advantage if abused (by carefully revolving your playtime around PSing only if you have at least 1 ally with jets home).

A Fleeting Dream (#32) had a massive advantage until the recent missiles.

I don't care so much if a non-top 20 player abuses it, but it is a serious problem for the top 20, and compromises on the integrity of the top finishing countries.

giants1223 Game profile

Oct 10th 2013, 6:39:15

I'm still confused? sorry Im a noob. Maybe I'm confusing strategy for something else.

TDA101 Game profile

Oct 10th 2013, 7:06:47

Defensive Allies are balanced because both parties benefit 24/7.

Offensive Allies are nearly 99% one sided because one party PS's his army away thus putting them unavailable to be aided.

The most optimal Offensive Allies are the ones where you use them and don't let them use yours, trying to organize " fair" usage for everyone is co-ordination and is forbidden.

The "Best" offensive allies arn't the ones that are at the top, top people attack as much as possible making offensive allies worthless, it is those that hardly attack but still build up massive armies essentially make you a leech.

giants1223 Game profile

Oct 10th 2013, 9:01:12

Couldn't an easy fix be that for a PS those those units used are unavailable to you but still available to your ally? Also I understand but "trying to organize " fair" usage for everyone is co-ordination and is forbidden." that just sounds ridiculous lol.I still don't understand the math of how it would work if offensive alliances were gone and defensive allies were kept. I've asked alot of questions about alliances/benefits/coordination and alot of responses have to do with this being a solo server. Under that logic I say lets just get rid of alliances all together. Under the idea that this is a solo server which I have come to agree with then lets play it as one and get rid over alliances all together.

giants1223 Game profile

Oct 10th 2013, 9:04:41

Also I say this with 99% seriousness, Xinhuan can you just write a book on this game already. I would buy it and it would save me the time of posting on here about every little thing and looking like a complete and total noob.

eManny Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 0:33:12

Offensive allies can offset the balance of the game. One example is getting 3 Offensive allies to make a stretch retal with a PS.

Other examples have already been mentioned. You can get people to 'play for you' by running jet heavy countries that never send their jets out, basically just sitting there for you to use.

The honor system doesn't work very well because this is a text game where people play anonymously, and therefore abuses can happen.

As to answer your question, D allies are fine because a planned strike provides 50% bonus, arguably the same thing as having two equally defended defensive allies as you.

But I think that what some people are getting at is removing all allies (including DA / IA) and nerfing PS's.

There is a pretty big advantage to have top allies as opposed to not having, and at the end of the day this is supposed to be a solo server :)

eManny Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 0:50:53

You asked for math, well there it is:
Assume that the attacker and defender:

- Have same government
- Have same weapons tech
- Defender has two defensive allies contributing a total of 50% bonus to defense.
- Attacker has no offensive allies but opts to attack with a planned strike providing 50% bonus.

The defender has:
1,000,000 Turrets

The attacker has:
1,100,000 Jets

The attacker sends 1,100,000 Jets worth 1,100,000 * 1.5 = 1,650,000 Jets. The defender has 1,000,000 * 1.5 = 1,500,000 worth of turrets.

Attacker wins, without any offensive allies. Fair!

blid

EE Patron

Oct 12th 2013, 1:19:25

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
O allies allow an undisputed advantage if abused (by carefully revolving your playtime around PSing only if you have at least 1 ally with jets home).

I don't care so much if a non-top 20 player abuses it, but it is a serious problem for the top 20, and compromises on the integrity of the top finishing countries.
You guys keep going on about qwertyh, he wasn't getting nearly as much an advantage as you think he was. And on top of that, he didn't even know the 1.5 bonus was after the ally's jets were added in.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

oldman Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 1:21:54

blid - did you even spy on him to confirm that he didnt have much advantage?

I did, and I was shocked to see his status page. I'm not going to share what his stats was before all the hits on him here though, PM me if you want to find out. You said it yourself, he doesn't even know how off allies work, yet he managed to amass such a fantastic looking country -_-

Mr Azure

Oct 12th 2013, 3:57:22

the main problem with O allies is you can have 3 vs 2 defense allies, and you also get a 50% bonus from PS making attacking overpowered. plus its easy for people to have 3 friends run all jetters and double your attack strength.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 9:05:29

Originally posted by blid:
Originally posted by Xinhuan:

You guys keep going on about qwertyh, he wasn't getting nearly as much an advantage as you think he was. And on top of that, he didn't even know the 1.5 bonus was after the ally's jets were added in.

And do you know how much jets and oil you can save a day just from having O allies? It's easily worth about 50k tech points a day. Feel free to ask oldman just how much tech points he had. It's easily over double over any other country in the top 10 at that time.

And the fact that he didn't know the 1.5 bonus was after the ally's jets were added in just shows the true extent of the problem - that he could have saved even more jets, bought even more tech, and gotten ahead even further.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 10:06:37

Let's say at that time, each PS takes about 1.5m jets. At bottomfeeding 1/4 humanitarians range, each attack loses 16% of the sent forces (8% * sqrt(4/1)). That's 240k jets and 60k oil.

If your allies doubled you, that is 120k jets and 30k oil saved. Multiply this by 5 for 5 PSes, you saved 600k jets and 150k oil. Jets around $150 then, and oil about $200. That's $120m dollars saved. Which can buy about 40k tech points at $2700.

This puts a country in an upward spiral where more production tech allows your country to produce more units to sell for more money to buy even more tech.

My point is that an early "small" advantage snowballs to a big one.

andyxxx Game profile

Oct 16th 2013, 3:46:57

Get rid of all allies....and turns

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Oct 18th 2013, 0:35:11

Originally posted by andyxxx:
Get rid of all allies....and turns

Bug and suggestions board ;)
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash