Verified:

Alin Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 8:11:47

Yea i am playing that for a while and willing to war ( even give away the FS ) for it.

discuss!

TDA101 Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 9:36:12

Did u quad tap Croatia?

Alin Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 10:42:16

yea i pretty much did - and will do that to everybody else who slow-play deliberately and retals 100 land hits for 1000++.

TDA101 Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 11:04:46

My rule is this basically for the games.

What ever is official is official.

If theres no written rules about your retal rules then no one needs to follow them.

If you are trying to net as efficiently as possible and want that win, you'll take any actions that logically help you win.

People take massive hits all the time, fluff happens, it's more than likely that the turns u've used from all the land is going to have benefited you more than the money required to retal you.

http://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/507/42

CX won last set and got hit for 2.3/3.6.

Even if you don't like his 1000 hit (which wasnt even that bad considering he's a tyranny) what do u expect a fair retal to be?

You hit him for 100 acres, even if he immediately took his retal blasting all his turns and wasting them he'd have gotten you for around 800ish anyways!.

In my personal experience, if you grow fast enough, I probably won't retal because it's just too costly, not everyone thinks rationally, but if you are a person who does rather than doesn't, you'll come out on top pretty much everytime. If that person does take their retal at least you know they won't finish well.

Would you rather have everyone immediately retal guaranteeing that you never place well or maybe 1/20+ hits gets retalled?

Might as well move to Alliance then if you want these types of rules.

Edited By: TDA101 on Oct 20th 2013, 11:20:44
See Original Post

Alin Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 11:13:47

unfortunately i came from alliance ;P

Your post is logic. However, few apply that logic.

TDA101 Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 11:28:05

I find Alliance to be pushing human limits to gang up on other people whilst getting away with as much as possible.

Alin Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 11:51:31

yea i know. But the powerful ones make the rules for themself.In alliance all of them just made Langrab policy. This is not me trying to force my policy. However, out of 30-40 grabs that i make at the start of the reset, there will always be slow-players who wait 200 land grabs on them with the pure purpose to retal @ over 1k. Well, in the near future, i wanna net here with a country name that won`t accept that anymore.

Don`t know if i can achive that - but i`ll fight for it.

Edited By: Alin on Oct 20th 2013, 13:30:57
See Original Post

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 13:45:26

Bottom feedin for a 100 acres isa risk you take.
The Death Knights

XI

blid

EE Patron

Oct 20th 2013, 14:11:28

You were right to pound down CROATIA. that guy enforces retal windows on everyone else, doesn't follow them himself
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 20th 2013, 14:12:40

im curious why ingle and h2o have fluffed with ebert for two resets in a row now and they let russianroulette go
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

SuperFly Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 14:57:12

I slow play a lot. I will retal for big acres once it is affordable for me to buy tech and build up. I have done it to ebert and others multiple times before. I also play with the same damn country name every round so if you don't want me to F you don't bottom feed me when you see me at $1mill NW and 9k land :)

You could ROR me as you have done waayyyyyyyyyyyy back in the day but seeing how I will have a ton of turns on hand I will whoop your ass 12 times out of 10 as I have done to you and 2 of your allies when we had a nice 3 vs. 1 :P

Also thanks for not replying to me when u asked for a deff allly and I offered myself up. You hurt my countries feeling u jerk :(

Alin Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 15:00:07

i did not notice your post. can you point it to me ...

SuperFly Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 15:31:56

Originally posted by Alin:
i did not notice your post. can you point it to me ...

http://forums.earthempires.com/...p;p=1380864758&z=back

10th post down bro, before you retired we allied a few times

Alin Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 16:04:44

please notice my buttom line. I was referring to blid and you after the end of reset.

P.S: and crest too ... i just completly forgot about that thread and allied some n00bs.

I know we use to ally up.

Edited By: Alin on Oct 20th 2013, 16:07:05
See Original Post

gambit Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 19:20:39

its the risk you take for grabbing from the start

there is no way you can stop people from waiting to take their retal... you can only hope that they dont bother retalling
Natural Born Killer

h2orich Game profile

Oct 21st 2013, 8:46:49

Originally posted by blid:
im curious why ingle and h2o have fluffed with ebert for two resets in a row now and they let russianroulette go

Russianroulette is never worth to hit. always too land thin. and he cant net, so I dont get any satisfaction hitting him at all. I was planning to RoR ebert last set, but I thought I would be nice. I should start sending retal messages all the way like 50 sets back where ebert hit me. lol. that should keep me busy for a while.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2013, 11:40:19

well yeah he's not a good grab but i thought you said he couldn't use that nmae again and stuff.

Alin Game profile

Oct 21st 2013, 12:10:37

imagine that CROATIA told me the same thing blid - i actually loled when reading that message.

I am usually the one who tells people that :)

h2orich Game profile

Oct 21st 2013, 13:24:19

well now I have to refrain myself from grabbing and getting fat so I can hit and drop land.

ingle Game profile

Oct 22nd 2013, 4:32:46

Originally posted by blid:

Ebert has grabbed me many times in the past first so I'm just paying him back. If I were to grab RussianRoulette, it wouldn't be worth it since he has too little land. Plus, Russianroulette never finishes top 10.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 22nd 2013, 5:22:04

well of course, however i saw you guys (well, h2o specifically) saying that RR would be attacked for the next dozen rounds until he changed his name and instead not a single hit

Originally posted by h2orich:
I will grab deathandabove and russian roulette every set till they change their country name.

right, deathfromabove. Typo. change your def ally for the next 10 sets or so.

wheres RussianRoulette?

Edited By: blid on Oct 22nd 2013, 5:24:40
See Original Post

h2orich Game profile

Oct 22nd 2013, 7:38:58

He didnt play for 1 set(after like 30 consecutive sets) or he changed his country name. But this set I've dedicated my country name to his. :P

Reminder to self: Stay land thin

Hammer Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 17:46:35

Originally posted by SuperFly:
I slow play a lot. I will retal for big acres once it is affordable for me to buy tech and build up.

Same here...and as someone said a week or two ago, I retal when it is convenient for me. Anyone who grabs a country early and sees they haven't played many turns, is asking for retal.

I once hit Vic (not knowing it was Vic until I was posted on the noob vs pro thread lol) and he hit me back, as he should have. I saw his turns, but couldn't resist the land opportunity before me and took the risk anyway thinking it may be a noob. In the end, I looked like the noob.