Verified:

MartyB Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 19:46:55

Scenario- I am a "casher", top 25 majority of the round. Problem is I seem to peak too early. I have this problem in another area too...

I understand the idea is to "stock" up at the end of a set to finish.

Question- As a "casher" what is the most cost-effective way to bulk up your networth at the end to finish well (top 10)?

I've played 5 rounds so far.

Thanks guys-

blid

EE Patron

Feb 16th 2014, 20:12:49

You can be near the top for most of the set but actually have less income than other people, so that's one of the first things I'd think about. Like: Do you have really good tech levels in bus and res? Do you have enough land, relative to upkeep expenses, to be making a good income? Once you can answer yes to those questions then the stocking stuff comes into play.

Basically you don't want to spend all your money til toward the end of the round, because having more military and a higher net will also mean higher expenses, making your future turns less profitable. So you stock. If your stock is under $2b it's not so hard, you just cash and hold the cash on hand. Then you buy the most net efficient options available (sometimes public market, sometimes troops/tanks on private market, depending on market prices and your military tech).

If you're starting to have over $2b then you have other things to worry about. After $2b, the money you hold starts slightly being lost, because of a "corruption" penalty. You can still run profitable turns but this means you might want to start buying up food to lower your cash on hand (doesn't add any upkeep expense) that you then store on the market (so it doesn't decay) and sell toward the end of the set, when you're ready to "destock."
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

TDA101 Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 20:35:53

Sometimes it is better on Express to tank the losses of corruption due to the volatile nature of the market in Express and the need to destock faster to catch the cheaper goods rather waiting for food to sell.

MartyB Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 20:41:22

Thanks blid.

My tech levels for Bus/Res is 173 percent, Military 85 percent.

My "cashing" is roughly 8.3M/turn.

braden Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 21:34:04

i would get the techs up to 175+ of nornal, i myself am at 178.

what blid and tda said is correct- though for tda caveat i would suggest if bushels can be purchased at 42 or less then bushels stored at a sellable.price (could be forty to sixty, depending on the set) you lose less money through corruption or loss of income ( if you buy off yiur private as youre about to go over 2b) if youre forced to sell at 35 off private

blid

EE Patron

Feb 16th 2014, 21:39:51

LOL someone just put like 35m bushels for sale at $33. I wish that had been there when I needed to stock, that would have bumped my nw up by a few million.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 16th 2014, 21:43:45

That allows a rep with $35 private sell to literally stock at no cost. I'd already jumped to $26m net though so it was too late for me. I bought and purged it all anyway at no profit, just to prevent some dem from getting a free $100m.

braden Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 21:43:54

i have 61mil up at 56 i think it was. bought at.. um.. 41 if i recall

Alin Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 21:52:33

i don`t think food will get above 45.

braden Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 22:10:09

no, i'm thinking it likely won't go much above 40 at this stage, unless farmers start pulling back any of their stocks.

i'll be happy to sell for anything over 35 even :( still i reckon i will have lost less through corruption, and certainly considerably less through having purchased a half billion military at a time, cashed back to two, bought half a billion, cashed back to two, etc, etc

though i trust blids math far better than my own guess on whether corruption would have indeed been more costly than bushels.. but that i leave to him :P

Alin Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 23:52:14

precise earth math is not my strong point either. Altought i was a math olympic in an early stage my school carrier.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 17th 2014, 0:02:45

Originally posted by MartyB:
Thanks blid.

My tech levels for Bus/Res is 173 percent, Military 85 percent.

My "cashing" is roughly 8.3M/turn.

Sounds like you have a pretty solid understanding of the game with those levels, esp for it only being your 5th set so far. Experience should help you improve. One final piece of advice is to use turns efficiently. Don't just blow through them without considering whether you need to and whether it's the best use of the turn. If you can hit your land goal 200 turns earlier, you'll have a higher finish. Oh yeah, and you can sell off your tech at the end for $1000 (game buys it automatically). If you've already taken all your turns, you don't need it so much and you can usually increase your net by 1m or so by buying military with the money.

Edited By: blid on Feb 17th 2014, 0:04:46
See Original Post

MartyB Game profile

Feb 17th 2014, 18:45:05

Thanks.

The only reason I've done well so far has been by following the forums!

AverageJay Game profile

Feb 24th 2014, 20:20:38

Sorry in advance, I realize this thread is a week old but didn't think it was worth making a new one.

blid, you mentioned that the game buys tech automatically at $1,000. Is it as simple as putting $1,000 in as the sale price and it is purchased, or does the tech stay on the market for a certain amount of time before that occurs?

I appreciate any clarity you can offer. I'm new, obviously, and this is the sort of thing I never would have found out about without browsing the forums.

Thanks!

blid

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2014, 20:25:42

Instant purchase as soon as it hits the market. You still have to wait for it to get there, though.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 24th 2014, 21:13:56

It's 500 on other servers.

If you sell lower than 1000 game auto buys at whatever price you set.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

h2orich Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 2:31:40

sell your tech for 7-8k at the end of set, that will put you top 10 if you take a gamble and win

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2014, 3:38:30

Thats right H2O. And just trust that noone is actually taking the time to watch the market, and if they do, just bullfluff your way out of it.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2014, 15:06:21

Yes, "gamble." Heh selling your tech for $1600 or something instead of using the autobuy would be a gamble, selling your tech for the prices we've seen lately is just putting your hand out asking for a donation