EE Patron

Apr 8th 2014, 4:03:22

Edited By: Jayr on Oct 8th 2020, 21:48:13
wasn't me...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2014, 4:43:29

More than you?, impressive!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

oddy Game profile

Apr 8th 2014, 17:15:55

game C? cool... im in B :)

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2014, 21:47:26

Edited By: Jayr on Oct 8th 2020, 21:47:51
wasn't me...

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 2:59:15

it's always fun to brag about being at the bottom of the food chain. let's see you in Game A.

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 3:00:37

damn.. i just started too, the last time i played tourney before my return was 1998. maybe if i get Alzheimer's, i'll be able to suck as much as you.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2014, 3:27:35

Edited By: Jayr on Oct 8th 2020, 21:45:54
wasn't me...

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 4:01:07

Two sets ago, I thought there was no way that I would make the cut and get into Game A, but I made myself finish what I started.
Last set, I thought there was no way that I would make the cut and stay in Game A, but I made myself finish what I started.
And here I am in Game A again.

I'm not very good. How am I still here? I have to assume its because nobody takes this server seriously.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2014, 4:42:24

Edited By: Jayr on Oct 8th 2020, 21:45:31
wasn't me...

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 16:24:12

i checked the news on #38, you're right. he's newbier than you.

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 16:25:14

you dont need to band together to get t10 in Game A, however Game A people in tourney are still pretty newbish compared to people on other servers. It's a protected environment.

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 9th 2014, 16:26:04

Originally posted by Jayr:
Originally posted by hsifreta:
damn.. i just started too, the last time i played tourney before my return was 1998. maybe if i get Alzheimer's, i'll be able to suck as much as you.
LMAO GET OFF MY NUTS YOU LITTLE HATER!!!

oh im not a hater, i'm a fan. its people like you that brings randomness and entertainment to this boring game.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2014, 16:30:32

Originally posted by Jayr:
Originally posted by Viceroy:
Two sets ago, I thought there was no way that I would make the cut and get into Game A, but I made myself finish what I started.
Last set, I thought there was no way that I would make the cut and stay in Game A, but I made myself finish what I started.
And here I am in Game A again.

I'm not very good. How am I still here? I have to assume its because nobody takes this server seriously.

Only the people that constantly band together and win T10 in Game A every set take it seriously...lmao

Originally posted by hsifreta:
you dont need to band together to get t10 in Game A, however Game A people in tourney are still pretty newbish compared to people on other servers. It's a protected environment.

these are both incorrect posts. the people that win game A like me, ingle, viva, etc win on other servers... i guess when you get to the bottom of the top ten, you can have some weaker players, since theres only like 30 or so in the game total, but the players on the top are the same.

and tourney is the LEAST protected environment (no tags, no "GDI") so i don't know what you're talking about. and the people at the top do not "band together," i dont even know what that means. everyone good just looks for bad people to farm, because it's so easy to be retaled and there's very few people you can grab.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2014, 22:16:08

Tournament is the most interesting server for a lot of reasons. The best reason is that you have full access to all your weapons and its always one on one, so its very easy to get into a war and you need all the game skills to do well at that. Staying out of a war involves the use of threat, so missiles, tanks and effective ingame messaging and intimidation are all important skills. In Tournament A the loser or both players in a war may well end up being relegated so you have to be prepared to take big risks. You can't hide behind GDI and DR is a minor factor so you have to run a good country to survive. Also, the market is very interesting since its quite small and a single player can sometimes do buyouts. I've bought out the oil market a few times and won all three Tournament games doing that. The 6X bonuses add a big boost and make the game very interesting too.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2014, 1:10:26

the new DR change actually will really protect people from being farmed in tourney. I used to hit someone 5x, and then when the 24hr mark hit and the DR was faded, attack 5 times again. Can't do that now. Scores in tourney will never be as high again, probably.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2014, 2:29:16

Declaring war on a small player and farming them 5 times is despicable in my opinion. You deserve to be missiled for the entire set if you do that.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2014, 2:34:08

I don't know about despicable because first, it's just a game, and second, it's "Tourney Game A," the creme de la creme, the stomping grounds of the badass pros. (Maybe not really, but you have to place well in a previous game to get promoted there, and if you fail you get demoted. It makes sense for it to be a hard place to survive.) If you get farmed you can drop back down to game B/C where you might more belong.

But yes, the person farming someone like that does deserve a face full of missiles, I fully agree. I'd recommend anyone in Tourney being farmed get warfare tech for just that reason. It doesn't always happen though. All the highest scores ever were posted by farming people. All of them.

You won with 30m net. People have posted over 40m.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2014, 2:52:35

I've always disliked the bottomfeeding that goes on so blatantly when there is GDI in place. I used to respond to a bottomfeeder when I was slow in starting like a repcasher usually is by lobbing a missile. Try farming me and you will get a retal of some sort everytime if I can. I remember doing a late retal on oldman in Express after the gdi changed the game into a bottomfeeding slaughter. The sense of righteous indignation and whining that went on because I had "ruined" his $30m set was unutterably pathetic.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2014, 2:56:43

Well, that doesn't seem to be a direct response to what I said, but it is funny that 30m was seen as some magic marker at that time, hehe. oldman never mastered Express.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2014, 8:30:47

I think it was a direct response, people have been getting high scores for a few years by farming/ bottomfeeding. I have recently joined the feeding frenzy in Express but now people are more able to retal and that's good.

Anyways, my highest score in Tournament came by playing rep casher and controlling the oil market for a few weeks selling at over $400. I would rather not play at all than have to declare war on some noob and farm them to win. I'd feel like an American dropping bombs on rice paddies and little villages and calling the women and children that I slaughter collateral damage in the war on terror, or communism, or European Imperialism, or whatever.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2014, 11:47:36

I don't feel any guilt farming noobs in tourney game A. It's supposed to be for the best of the best. It's supposed to be cutthroat.

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2014, 12:13:10

like I said in a previous post it is clear that in Game A the countries in the top 10 (atleast last set) one after the other use the exact same pre-emptive declare war tactic, then demo spy ops, then diffuse my entire stockpile of several dozen missiles [I was most furious about this], and then proceed to landgrab me.

in my opinion as I have stated previously it seemed to be in a co-ordinated fashion.

as the person above stated the same people seem to win set after set. obviously they aren't targeting each other. they are targeting everyone else, like me.

but thank you for basically explaining how you guys have a non aggression alliance with each other so its ok to farm everyone else. I would say that is a clear violation of the rules of the game. They don't even have to plan it as they just 'know' not to target each other.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2014, 14:14:48

huh?

People declare war because it's the only way to attack people less than half their size.
They defuse the missiles so they don't get hit by them. Whoever defused them probably didn't even know there would be any before they declared war, but now that they've declared war they don't want to get shot up full of missiles.
They pick you because your net is low and your land is high

Avoiding attacking people who CAN hit back is not "a non aggression alliance."

This is all basic common sense playing, it's not coordination

Edited By: blid on Apr 10th 2014, 14:17:00
See Original Post

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 6:18:40

naturally you missed the point, but i cbb to correct and argue. =P