Verified:

archaic Game profile

Apr 10th 2014, 19:33:53

Originally posted by blid:
still mad that other people will make more in proportion to what you make. still stupid. who cares if other people start making close to what the $16/hr guy makes? really? does that hurt the $16/hr guy in any way?

how can you say it does? inflation? inflation has nothing to do with minimum wage bro. so? the typical argument against minimum wage, just to help you out, is that it'd increase unemployment. not that i agree with it, but which has nothing to do with your nonsense arguments, you know?

I like how I said that part about being mad that somebody might make half as much as me, except that I never said that. What I said was that compensation should be commensurate with value and doubling minimum wage will DEvalue middle income wages.

As for the 'mad' part, the only thing I am mad about is that our educational system is apparently turning out kids that don't understand the very simplest economic principles. If you don't think inflation has anything to do with the minimum wage , then this is going to be a very hard argument to have using words and stuff.

I was going to go on explaining about how any monetary system is zero sum and artificially increasing the value of unskilled labor has to lead to an equivalent subtraction of value somewhere else. If you double the minimum wage to $15 and DON'T also increase the wages of diesel mechanics, nurses, and hydrogeologists - then you are in effect devaluing the wages of the skilled workers. If on the other hand you increase the value of all labor equally (which the market will ultimately do) then you have essentially accomplished nothing but increasing inflation.

Or anyway, thats what I would say if I thought you could grasp it.

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov