Verified:

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 2:22:13

i think you need a lot more volunteers to help make changes to the game, that way you can really go somewhere with it. cuz often the reason for not updating certain parts of the game is because qzjul has no time, then wouldn't it make sense to have more people on the team to make things happen?

General Earl Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 16:19:46

finding trustworthy people with serious motivation is more the problem. I'm sure lots of people *could* help, then again, they could fubar the game as well.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 15th 2014, 19:05:59

have some hierachy and reward system for it.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 16th 2014, 15:08:37

Yes, volunteer for the AI Dev stuff :)
Finally did the signature thing.

crest23 Game profile

Apr 16th 2014, 15:47:49

Xin!
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2014, 15:56:46

Let's set up a kickstarter to pay Xin to make a badass EE app for mobile devices
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 16th 2014, 16:05:43

That would actually be a WIN. Xin would enjoy it, kickstarter will probably sort all our pennies and make it useful for this game. And we'll have a free dev.

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 16th 2014, 16:20:14

It wouldn't actually be free because someone (backers) are paying.

I have looked at Kickstarter before and there are a couple of issues for companies/individuals that want to start a project and does not belong to 1 of the 5 countries that Kickstarter supports. Essentially, you need to get someone else with 1 of those 5 citizenships to start the project, and he is the guy that all the money will go to should a project succeed (and you have to trust that guy won't run away with it).

Then there is taxes to bring the money across from that country to your country. And then there is the 10% Kickstarter cut, and then backer rewards. And a portion of the pledges are with invalid credit cards and/or are bogus. It's pretty painful to do a KS project. For any typical KS project, the actual amount of money that goes into a project is usually only about 50%-60% of the amount displayed on the project.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 16th 2014, 16:32:21

We have a donate button...

http://www.earthempires.com/contact

Maybe we should make it more prominent heh
Finally did the signature thing.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Apr 16th 2014, 17:52:47

There should be a set up where code changes are made to then be submitted for review by pang/qzjul. Once approved, then they can push them live and merge the code bases. But then, the code would need to be open for people to read, which I believe the devs do not want.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance