Verified:

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2014, 5:36:52

Originally posted by GodHead Dibs:
Originally posted by Getafix:
I think Germany just finished paying reps on WW1
meh, i think it took Philly 5 years after they tore down Veteran's Stadium to finally finish paying to build it. how's that union labor math work?

dang, i recognized a poorly spelled word after I posted, but before the spell checker caught it. hmmm, guess i blink faster than the spell checker.

'Germany makes final payment for WWI reparations' By JPOST.COM STAFF
LAST UPDATED: 09/29/2010 12:44

Final $94 million payment coincides with 20th anniversary of German reunification, according to 'Der Spiegel' report.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 16th 2014, 5:42:54

GUYS! PLEASE DON'T FIGHT! I HATE IT WHEN YOU FIGHT! IT MAKES ME SAD.

AND BESIDES, ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS ARE ABOUT TO BE SOLVED. I HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT OF SOUL SEARCHING AND DEEP THINKING. FINALLY, I CAME UP WITH A SOLUTION THAT WILL MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY! IT WILL TAKE A LOT OF CHANGES TO THE GAME THOUGH. QZ IS GOING TO BE VERY BUSY AFTER HE READS MY AWESOME IDEA, BUT ITS WORTH IT! WE'RE GOING TO CREATE AN ATMOSPHERE WHERE NETGAINING IS ENTERTAINING, MEANINGFUL, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY SAFE! THERE ARE SEVERAL STEPS!

STEP 1) WE NEED TO GET RID OF MILITARY. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT OFFENSIVE MILITARY ONLY HURTS PEOPLE. THAT'S NOT GOOD TO HURT PEOPLE, AND IT MAKES THEM SAD. AND SINCE DEFENSIVE MILITARY IS ONLY NECESSARY TO PROTECT FROM OFFENSIVE MILITARY, WE DON'T NEED THAT EITHER!

STEP 2) WE NEED TO GET RID OF "DECLARE WAR". IT IS UNNECESSARY WITH NO MILITARY. INSTEAD, IT WILL BE REPLACED WITH "DECLARE YOUR LOVE". WHEN YOU DECLARE YOUR LOVE, YOUR ADVANCES BECOME TEN PERCENT MORE PERSUASIVE.

STEP 3) THIS ONE IS COMPLICATED, BUT WE NEED TO REWORK ALL THE "ATTACK TYPES" (HEREAFTER REFERRED TO AS INTERACTION TYPES)

INSTEAD OF STANDARD STRIKE, THERE WILL BE "HOLD HANDS". THIS GETS YOU 2 LOVE POINTS, WHICH IS PRETTY GREAT I'M SURE YOU AGREE.

"BUT SAM, EVERYBODY ONLY HAS TWO HANDS! IF THERE IS AN ODD NUMBER OF PLAYERS, WON'T SOMEBODY BE LEFT OUT AND SAD?"

THAT'S A VERY GOOD QUESTION AND I'M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR ASKING IT. BUT DON'T BE SAD. THERE ARE MORE INTERACTION TYPES. ENOUGH FOR EVERYBODY!

INSTEAD OF PLANNED STRIKE, "SEND A MIX TAPE".. BECAUSE THAT TAKES A LOT OF PLANNING. THIS ONE IS THE GREATEST, BECAUSE YOU CAN REALLY DO IT IN REAL LIFE AND MAKE A FELLOW PLAYER REALLY HAPPY. IT TAKES A LOT OF TIME TO MAKE A MIX TAPE THOUGH. PROBLY ABOUT 20 HOURS OR SO.

WE'RE GOING TO CHANGE GUERILLA STRIKE, BUT WE DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE IT BY MUCH. MAKE IT A GORILLAGRAM! EVERYBODY LIKES GORILLAS. ESPECIALLY THAT LADY THAT WENT TO LIVE IN THE WOODS WITH THEM FOR LIKE A YEAR. THAT WAS PRETTY GREAT, WASN'T IT?

INSTEAD OF SENDING A BOMBING RUN, YOU CAN SEND A LOVE NOTE.. THIS PART IS REALLY COOL TOO, BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE RESET, EVERYBODY GETS TO SEE WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE WROTE, AND THEN WE'LL ALL VOTE ON WHO MADE THE BEST NOTE. ITS A SECRET VOTE THOUGH, SO NOBODY GETS TO SEE THE RESULTS.

"WELL THEN WHAT'S THE POINT OF THE VOTING?"

ANOTHER GREAT QUESTION! YOU ARE REALLY FANTASTIC! BUT IF WE SHOWED THE RESULTS, THEN SOME PEOPLE WOULDN'T DO AS GOOD AS OTHERS. THAT WOULD PROBLY MAKE THEM SAD. BESIDES, THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF THE VOTING. YOU VOTE SO YOU CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT SAYING SOMETHING NICE ABOUT SOMEBODY.

INSTEAD OF ARTILLERY BARRAGE, "SNUGGLE". THIS ONE CAN ALSO BE DONE WITH AS MUCH PEOPLE AS YOU WANT, SO THERE'S UNLIMITED POINTS.

THE POINTS REALLY DON'T MATTER THOUGH, BECAUSE (STEP 4) WE'RE GOING TO GET RID OF THE SCORES LIST. WHEN THERE'S A SCORES LIST, SOME PEOPLE LOSE.. LOSING MAKES PEOPLE SAD. AND BESIDES, NOBODY HERE IS ANY WORSE THAN ANYBODY ELSE. WE'RE ALL JUST DIFFERENTLY GIFTED, I'M SURE YOU ALL AGREE.

I ALSO THINK THE RESETS PROBLY SHOULDN'T END, BECAUSE THAT PUTS A LOT OF PRESSURE ON PEOPLE.

I KNOW THIS WAS REALLY A LOT TO READ, BUT I HOPE YOU ALL READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH, BECAUSE I REALLY WANT YOU ALL TO READ THIS LINE AND KNOW THAT I THINK YOU ARE ALL JUST THE GREATEST.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY VERY MUCH,

SAM

Sov Game profile

May 16th 2014, 6:06:34

+1 to Sam

BILL_DANGER Game profile

May 16th 2014, 6:06:51

WE LOVE YOU TOO SAM!

*APPLIES A GOLD STAR AND A SMILEY FACE TO SAM'S POST*

HA!
BILL

Edited By: BILL_DANGER on May 16th 2014, 6:09:56
See Original Post

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 16th 2014, 6:15:19

THANKS GUYS! I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT. WHEN WE SUPPORT EACH OTHER, ITS SO MUCH BETTER THAN FIGHTING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTzGMEfbnAw

I WANT TO DEDICATE THIS SONG TO BOTH OF YOU.. NO, ALL OF YOU. GOSH, I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW IT FEELS LIKE MY HEART IS GONNA BUST.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

May 16th 2014, 6:18:13

AS YOU ALL (EVEN THE DUMBEST OF YOU, WHICH IS MOST) SHOULD KNOW, WE IN THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! WILL OCCASIONALLY DROP THE LETTERS OF POWER WHEN WE ARE VERY VERY SERIOUS. THAT SAID...

SAM, dude, next time I am at your place I am gonna fluffing throat-punch you.

HA!
BILL

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2014, 6:21:00

Originally posted by BILL_DANGER:
AS YOU ALL (EVEN THE DUMBEST OF YOU, WHICH IS MOST) SHOULD KNOW, WE IN THE MIGHTY CLAN (DANGER)! WILL OCCASIONALLY DROP THE LETTERS OF POWER WHEN WE ARE VERY VERY SERIOUS. THAT SAID...

SAM, dude, next time I am at your place I am gonna fluffing throat-punch you.

HA!
BILL

LOL!!!!!! wow hahahaha
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 16th 2014, 6:34:30

BILL, I HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYING... AND I UNDERSTAND. THAT'S NOT A VERY NICE THING TO SAY THOUGH. BUT I'M NOT MAD AT YOU. I THINK MAYBE YOU ARE JUST MAD CUZ PEOPLE DON'T SAY NICE THINGS ENOUGH TO YOU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl5vi9ir49g

HERE, I'M DEDICATING ANOTHER SONG TO YOU THAT I HOPE WILL MAKE YOU NOT BE SO MAD. I THINK THIS SONG IS NICE.

EDIT: I'M ALREADY TWO SONGS INTO MY MIX TAPE! THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

May 16th 2014, 6:38:30

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:
BILL, I HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYING... AND I UNDERSTAND. THAT'S NOT A VERY NICE THING TO SAY THOUGH. BUT I'M NOT MAD AT YOU. I THINK MAYBE YOU ARE JUST MAD CUZ PEOPLE DON'T SAY NICE THINGS ENOUGH TO YOU.

HERE, I'M DEDICATING ANOTHER SONG TO YOU THAT I HOPE WILL MAKE YOU NOT BE SO MAD. I THINK THIS SONG IS NICE.

EDIT: I'M ALREADY TWO SONGS INTO MY MIX TAPE! THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ELnDPmI8w

I AIN'T MAD ATCHA. BUT I'M STILL GONNA THROAT-PUNCH YOU!

SolidSnake Game profile

May 16th 2014, 7:03:21

Originally posted by tellarion:
Ok :) people sometimes don't like trading with us because we're really good at retalling. If you would like to donate your land to me, I would be happy to oblige you :)

Let's do it. I give give you 30 days notice I'm going to farm you senseless and still be 100% confident you have no one good enough to retal me. That's the skill disparity between real top tier and the clowns that think they're good because they can get 300mnw land trading these days.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

May 16th 2014, 8:09:12

Originally posted by The Cloaked:

It's basically a giant tree hugging circle jerk.

This made me happy!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

iScode Game profile

May 16th 2014, 8:27:42

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
Land trading sucks, everyone doing it sucks, it's boring as fluff, skillless as fluff, and the game would be a better place if ghost acres were completely removed from the game again. The concept that grabbing pacts are any different to agreed trades is preposterous as most of the alliances with such pacts still make prior contact before hits are exchanged, and when they don't it's common courtesy to make sure gains will be even. fluff even gains, make your own country big and strong and make the other persons small and weak. It's a war game, people need to grow a pair.

More land /= more fun
More nw /= more fun

More competition = more fun.

100% agree
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

bstrong86 Game profile

May 16th 2014, 11:25:27

Ok :) people sometimes don't like trading with us because we're really good at retalling. If you would like to donate your land to me, I would be happy to oblige you :)

Let's do it. I give give you 30 days notice I'm going to farm you senseless and still be 100% confident you have no one good enough to retal me. That's the skill disparity between real top tier and the clowns that think they're good because they can get 300mnw land trading these days.

Well, seeing how the set ends in 20ish days... that be fun to watch a couple startups duke it out
The Death Knights

XI

tellarion Game profile

May 16th 2014, 14:50:13

Lol SS, I bet #27 was just as confident as you when he pulled his stunt a few days ago.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

May 16th 2014, 15:00:50

Cant remember if I have called you a dirty tree hugger yet this thread, so...
Dirty tree huggers!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Atryn Game profile

May 16th 2014, 15:45:23

INSTEAD OF PLANNED STRIKE, "SEND A MIX TAPE".. BECAUSE THAT TAKES A LOT OF PLANNING. THIS ONE IS THE GREATEST, BECAUSE YOU CAN REALLY DO IT IN REAL LIFE AND MAKE A FELLOW PLAYER REALLY HAPPY. IT TAKES A LOT OF TIME TO MAKE A MIX TAPE THOUGH. PROBLY ABOUT 20 HOURS OR SO.

LOL... That's awesome.

iScode Game profile

May 16th 2014, 21:03:55

Lol SS, I bet #27 was just as confident as you when he pulled his stunt a few days ago.

I hate WB :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

braden Game profile

May 17th 2014, 3:27:21

Originally posted by BILL_DANGER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ELnDPmI8w

I AIN'T MAD ATCHA. BUT I'M STILL GONNA THROAT-PUNCH YOU!

1) 2PAC IS LIKE RETARDED GOOD
2) BILL, IF YOU EVER WANT TO BE, I DON'T KNOW?, FRIENDS OVER CHRISTOPHER GEORGE BEING A GIRL, THEN I OFFER YOU THIS AS THE RESPONSE TO, CHANGE? fluff, I GUESS CHANGE IS GOOD FOR ALL OF US: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ-wstbaTzM
3), and for fun, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkJA6SYwa94
4) in reference there within, some may suggest revenge does taste better than..

braden Game profile

May 17th 2014, 3:32:05

ALSO FOR BILL, GRAHAM NASH IS LIKE, WELL, THE SECOND BEST CSN&Y MEMBER, AND WELL, I DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY OF THE HOLLIES TOO, TOO WELL, BUT I'D ARGUE OVER ALAN CLARKE HE'S THE BEST FROM THERE/

Hayashizaki Game profile

May 17th 2014, 4:13:18

So I've heard from a lot of individuals on their position. But do none of the clans take an official stance?

Flamey Game profile

May 17th 2014, 6:07:50

For the last 2 years SoF has strongly opposed organised landtrading. We believe it's against the spirit of competition, essentially making this game Sim City. We had policies against it for a long time, which along with changes in the game mechanics helped contain it. Instead we had non-organised grabbing with neutrals and unpacted alliances. However, overtime our political enemies were able to obtain the support if pro-landtrading alliances, and used this to outnumber us and gangbang us for two sets.

Now we just don't care about it. If netters want to do it, they can... we'll just continue to refrain from netting.

DJBeif Game profile

May 17th 2014, 15:53:42

Yes, cause that's apparently how the pros do it? Anyone can run a commie indy or a techer that doesn't stock and be big enough to outrun some retals, that's just like WB did...All you'd do is make techers blow their stock early to retal you, and burn relations with other alliances.

The "real top tier"...hahaha, sure.

tellarion Game profile

May 18th 2014, 13:58:09

Originally posted by Flamey:
For the last 2 years SoF has strongly opposed organised landtrading. We believe it's against the spirit of competition, essentially making this game Sim City. We had policies against it for a long time, which along with changes in the game mechanics helped contain it. Instead we had non-organised grabbing with neutrals and unpacted alliances. However, overtime our political enemies were able to obtain the support if pro-landtrading alliances, and used this to outnumber us and gangbang us for two sets.

Now we just don't care about it. If netters want to do it, they can... we'll just continue to refrain from netting.

That's a very interesting way to skew the past two years...

Hayashizaki Game profile

May 19th 2014, 6:23:33

How do you see it, Tellarion?

tellarion Game profile

May 19th 2014, 7:06:12

Sof's stance on landtrading had little to nothing to do with the wars of the past few years, and didn't contribute to sof's current position. So I'm not sure why flamey is bothering to bring that up...

SolidSnake Game profile

May 19th 2014, 9:42:49

Originally posted by DJBeif:

Yes, cause that's apparently how the pros do it? Anyone can run a commie indy or a techer that doesn't stock and be big enough to outrun some retals, that's just like WB did...All you'd do is make techers blow their stock early to retal you, and burn relations with other alliances.

The "real top tier"...hahaha, sure.

*sighs*
1: Who are you? (as in, do you have another display name you go by?)
2: Do you believe you're proficient enough as a netgainer to even enter into this discussion? (yes/no)
3: Have you ever learnt how to netgain? (yes/no)
4: If yes, where did you learn? (Self taught, possible. Taught by retards, also possible.)
5: Was it evo? I'm betting it was evo. If I'm right you should go back to questions two and three, change your responses to no and skip questions 4 and 5.

Edited By: SolidSnake on May 19th 2014, 9:45:33
See Original Post

zerozerozero Game profile

May 19th 2014, 12:59:42

1st time I traded land this set and while I can say that it's 'easy', I must also say that I learned a lot about attacking and making sure every hit counts.

I was planning to landtrade this set but those plans changed when TPA went to war. :p Luckily for me someone attacked me, and what do you know, a trade partner! :p

I'm not sure what the difference will be if there are bots. I'm pretty sure it will pretty much be the same. What do bots do? what will be their clan? If they are untaggeds, how do you make sure that they will be able to go to a high landlevel when tagged people are continuously attacking them?

IAN_DANGER

May 19th 2014, 14:15:57

GUYS! PLEASE DON'T FIGHT! I HATE IT WHEN YOU FIGHT! IT MAKES ME SAD.

AND BESIDES, ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS ARE ABOUT TO BE SOLVED. I HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT OF SOUL SEARCHING AND DEEP THINKING. FINALLY, I CAME UP WITH A SOLUTION THAT WILL MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY! IT WILL TAKE A LOT OF CHANGES TO THE GAME THOUGH. QZ IS GOING TO BE VERY BUSY AFTER HE READS MY AWESOME IDEA, BUT ITS WORTH IT! WE'RE GOING TO CREATE AN ATMOSPHERE WHERE NETGAINING IS ENTERTAINING, MEANINGFUL, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY SAFE! THERE ARE SEVERAL STEPS!

STEP 1) WE NEED TO GET RID OF MILITARY. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT OFFENSIVE MILITARY ONLY HURTS PEOPLE. THAT'S NOT GOOD TO HURT PEOPLE, AND IT MAKES THEM SAD. AND SINCE DEFENSIVE MILITARY IS ONLY NECESSARY TO PROTECT FROM OFFENSIVE MILITARY, WE DON'T NEED THAT EITHER!

STEP 2) WE NEED TO GET RID OF "DECLARE WAR". IT IS UNNECESSARY WITH NO MILITARY. INSTEAD, IT WILL BE REPLACED WITH "DECLARE YOUR LOVE". WHEN YOU DECLARE YOUR LOVE, YOUR ADVANCES BECOME TEN PERCENT MORE PERSUASIVE.

STEP 3) THIS ONE IS COMPLICATED, BUT WE NEED TO REWORK ALL THE "ATTACK TYPES" (HEREAFTER REFERRED TO AS INTERACTION TYPES)

INSTEAD OF STANDARD STRIKE, THERE WILL BE "HOLD HANDS". THIS GETS YOU 2 LOVE POINTS, WHICH IS PRETTY GREAT I'M SURE YOU AGREE.

"BUT SAM, EVERYBODY ONLY HAS TWO HANDS! IF THERE IS AN ODD NUMBER OF PLAYERS, WON'T SOMEBODY BE LEFT OUT AND SAD?"

THAT'S A VERY GOOD QUESTION AND I'M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR ASKING IT. BUT DON'T BE SAD. THERE ARE MORE INTERACTION TYPES. ENOUGH FOR EVERYBODY!

WE'RE GOING TO CHANGE GUERILLA STRIKE, BUT WE DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE IT BY MUCH. MAKE IT A GORILLAGRAM! EVERYBODY LIKES GORILLAS. ESPECIALLY THAT LADY THAT WENT TO LIVE IN THE WOODS WITH THEM FOR LIKE A YEAR. THAT WAS PRETTY GREAT, WASN'T IT?

INSTEAD OF SENDING A BOMBING RUN, YOU CAN SEND A LOVE NOTE.. THIS PART IS REALLY COOL TOO, BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE RESET, EVERYBODY GETS TO SEE WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE WROTE, AND THEN WE'LL ALL VOTE ON WHO MADE THE BEST NOTE. ITS A SECRET VOTE THOUGH, SO NOBODY GETS TO SEE THE RESULTS.

"WELL THEN WHAT'S THE POINT OF THE VOTING?"

ANOTHER GREAT QUESTION! YOU ARE REALLY FANTASTIC! BUT IF WE SHOWED THE RESULTS, THEN SOME PEOPLE WOULDN'T DO AS GOOD AS OTHERS. THAT WOULD PROBLY MAKE THEM SAD. BESIDES, THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF THE VOTING. YOU VOTE SO YOU CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT SAYING SOMETHING NICE ABOUT SOMEBODY.

INSTEAD OF ARTILLERY BARRAGE, "SNUGGLE". THIS ONE CAN ALSO BE DONE WITH AS MUCH PEOPLE AS YOU WANT, SO THERE'S UNLIMITED POINTS.

THE POINTS REALLY DON'T MATTER THOUGH, BECAUSE (STEP 4) WE'RE GOING TO GET RID OF THE SCORES LIST. WHEN THERE'S A SCORES LIST, SOME PEOPLE LOSE.. LOSING MAKES PEOPLE SAD. AND BESIDES, NOBODY HERE IS ANY WORSE THAN ANYBODY ELSE. WE'RE ALL JUST DIFFERENTLY GIFTED, I'M SURE YOU ALL AGREE.

I ALSO THINK THE RESETS PROBABLY SHOULDN'T END, BECAUSE THAT PUTS A LOT OF PRESSURE ON PEOPLE.

I KNOW THIS WAS REALLY A LOT TO READ, BUT I HOPE YOU ALL READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH, BECAUSE I REALLY WANT YOU ALL TO READ THIS LINE AND KNOW THAT I THINK YOU ARE ALL JUST THE GREATEST.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY VERY MUCH,

SAM

I AM LOVE

IAN_DANGER
THE SHY QUIET ONE
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

DJBeif Game profile

May 19th 2014, 14:17:37

1. Read to the left, it says "DJ Beif".
2. Makes no sense since you don't have to be a "proficient" netgainer to talk about trading as it's just another way to net.
3. Of course.
4. Un4given.
5. Already answered it wasn't.

So anyway, I've indulged you in your childish quiz...back to the discussion. It seems your only detractor is that you want it to go back to people only having a leg up if they can camp DR or bully other alliances. There's a difference between competitive and cutthroat, and when there aren't tens of thousands of countries, bots or not, the game can't be cutthroat if you still want to have people playing it.