Verified:

Raging Budda Game profile

May 20th 2014, 0:32:50

You purchased 1 Spy, for $10,598.
Your base is mine!

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2014, 1:22:56

i dont even know if im going to transfer stock this set, and i dont think that tech was mine. some doucher started ruining my transfers a week or more ago, so i changed techs, and that one started getting blocked and outrageous orders

its whatever. they can have their fun. i might just go ANW, havnt invested much money into my transfer techs yet. if they were smart, they would of waited another week or 2 till i had 12mill, and THEN started blocking me.

good thing there isnt an intelligence requirement to play this game, or i might of really been fluffed, lol.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2014, 1:25:48

oh, and whoever is doing spy, im doing to block the dogfluff out of you for the rest of the set, just for fun

cant wait.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Twain Game profile

May 20th 2014, 1:40:31

That's just good netting. I've done tech transfers to get a few of my higher ranking countries as well (not nearly the size of what you've pulled off, but still a few big'uns), and I remember wasting a lot of money buying other peoples' expensive tech because people were blocking me, but that's just what you have to take a risk with when relying on market manipulation for your networth.

I remember I always tried to start big and then drop my price. I started off pricing around 9k and was only around 6500 or so by my last transfers, just because I knew people were going to try to block me.

Dunno how you've gone about doing it, but it's just another check within the game. Just like people grabbing fatty land-traders for 10k acres.

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2014, 1:45:40

blockers arnt nearly as important as the SOs

someone has SOs up for like 2001 for every tech that is realistic for transfer, and its a deep SO, not just a false SO with a deeper cheaper SO below it like i usually do

i wouldnt be able to transfer my tech back to my main, meaning i would have to buy all my tech at market prices throughout the rest of the set

trust me twain, i understand tech transfers, im just too lazy to really work around people being above average level fluffs this set. ive already gotten my t10s and my W. i dont have the same motivation.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

May 20th 2014, 1:45:42

Was just an educated guess, Ford has profited off spy tech buyouts in previous sets.

I hope whoever had the $9999 spy tech enjoyed the market news.
Your base is mine!

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2014, 1:49:24

i also got suicided for like 45K+ acres this set mid land trading, it kinda killed my momentum and dedication to this set.

who knows, i have 16 demos with a LOT of stock. i might do some funky things to the market like i usually do when i play express.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

May 20th 2014, 1:55:01

I don't have any doubts you understand transfers better than I do. As I said, you've pulled them off for far bigger countries than I have.

Your first response just seemed like it was on the edge of becoming an angry rant about how blocking was a BS move. If I've misinterpreted, then my comments clearly are a bit out of context. It was meant to be a "it sucks, but it happens" kind of response.

To some degree, if you're doing it simply for the purpose of fluffing other people over, it is a fluff move. But at the same time, I usually put up small blocks of tech at high prices just on the chance that I might profit a bit from other people's transfers. But that's so I can use that to netgain, so it's not just a pure attempt to block other people.

Regardless, go for ANW. It's fun to try to accumulate as many t100s as possible in the same set, and clearly with the way PAN packed it in with the llaar incident, there's gonna be a little extra room in the t100 this set.

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2014, 2:01:41

i run into blockers every set. i usually get around it by styoring stock, and doing like 4-5 buyouts in a row in short succession. gives them less time to put a blocker up

however, there is a difference between a blocker, and someone transferring the same tech as you. pretty sure everyone knows i transfer spy tech, as evident by this thread, and i dont know who would willingly transfer the same tech as someone else if a high NW is your goal, so what is the other conclusion?

the other problem i ran into, and its compounding said situation, is i didnt run a tech phase this set, as every set i run a tech phase, i end up way behind in land. well this set i am pretty solid on land, but i didnt tech my transfer tech inhouse, and am having to buy it. i only got about 2mill points before i discovered someone else had the same idea as me, so i switched tech, and the same happened with that tech a day or so later. i dont know who it is, and dont really care. ill find some other way to make the end of this set fun.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

May 20th 2014, 2:06:05

interesting.

I generally only do an early tech phase when I'm worried I'll have to war. I hate being behind all the big stockers in land. Of course, on the other side of things, it's kind of nice to be thinner than all the big fatties, so there's an added bonus for the tech phase, I guess.

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2014, 2:17:10

well, last set i believe i had over 12mill points of spy tech on my main when the hard buyouts started. it enabled me to buy 3mill+ points at $9000 each tome, reducing the number of buyouts needed, and reducing the number of blockers. and since i got most of that 12mill from my farms, it was cheap.

i know i teched 600K points per country before converting, then sold it to my main at the lowest possible SO. i got pretty lucky and only lost a few of those transfers. some people dont really understand the difference in a tech transfer, and a tech buyout. i do both in a round robin for the last few weeks of the set usually.

anyway, i got about a week to come up with a plan for the end of the set.

Edited By: mrford on May 20th 2014, 2:20:01
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

May 20th 2014, 2:23:16

That's how I scored my first t10. I was pretty proud of myself because I thought of doing that immediately when I saw when standing orders were introduced. I forget for sure, but I think it was actually Spy tech I used that set too.

As I said though, I didn't have nearly the level of success you had, and top scores weren't as hard to get then. I just looked back, and the set I did a bunch of tech transfers and buyouts I finished 10th with only 371M.

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2014, 2:28:26

well, i will admit that transfers and buyouts are a LOT easier now since the player pool is so small. and even smaller the pool of legit netters, which i dont really consider myself to be a part of. hell, i dont even know if 5 people a set go all out for a main anymore.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

May 20th 2014, 3:38:48

Helps that PAN is out of equation this set.
Your base is mine!

Crippler ICD Game profile

May 20th 2014, 8:37:22

U lost 12 mil in transfers last set.. I know this because I caught them.. I was nice enough not to fluff block ya last set though.

See this cute thing comes around because now you are the one being a cutie pie!
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2014, 8:40:54

i only had 12 mill, how did i lose all of it?

also, i didnt start this thread in an attention whoring manner like you did

come on crippy. you are much smarter than this.

Edited By: mrford on May 20th 2014, 8:43:49
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 20th 2014, 9:46:21

Freaking market manipulation crying and whining. Jesus, what's wrong with you Ford?

All you got to fluff about is someone else is selling tech on the market? Woe is you, Oh, Woe is you.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2014, 10:03:18

i would be insulted if you could even comprehend half what twain and i were talking about

but no, the best you can do is make a 3mill NW 10K acre country, because i have bought jars of mayo smarter than you.

all i have to complain about? what can someone netting complain about other than suiciders and the market?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

May 20th 2014, 12:23:33

Besides, fluffing about things is what we do on FFAT. Sure, it can be annoying at times, but ford hasn't gone overboard here, and he didn't even originate the thread.

People at war fluff about the tactics of the side beating them.
People netgaining fluff about people grabbing their fatties and people blocking transfers/buyouts.

Unless you're actually trying to screw people over or make threats because of these things, what harm does a little fluffing do?

llaar Game profile

May 20th 2014, 15:13:12

weaksauce

it looks like you need me to show you how to really net fordy

;)

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2014, 17:33:00

fluff llaar, in the 8 years we played together you never taught me to net because I was too busy making fluff dead. I feel left behind.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

May 20th 2014, 17:40:47

oye...theard started has a half-joke, half-good natured poke at ford.
Your base is mine!

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 20th 2014, 23:31:54

All I see is ford crying left and right about his pathetic second rate buyout attempts
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

May 21st 2014, 0:15:56

sorry 4 mil, i got confused with this set :P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

mrford Game profile

May 21st 2014, 2:40:56

Originally posted by RaTS FYA:
All I see is ford crying left and right about his pathetic second rate buyout attempts

Do it better then. Till then you are just hating on someone that has done something you havnt. And that is pretty sad.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 21st 2014, 3:02:56

What have you done that I haven't?
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

ssewellusmc

May 21st 2014, 3:07:31

Originally posted by RaTS FYA:
What have you done that I haven't?

Had 93 children?

mrford Game profile

May 21st 2014, 3:11:42

put up a 1.4bill NW country with the new game mechanics?

didnt say you couldnt, but you havnt. and till then, you are just a hater, drinkin that hateraide.

its cool, everyone has a niche.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 21st 2014, 3:32:46

The new game mechanics make it even easier to do it, standing orders, bonus's control panel functionality. Your a joke if you think getting a 1.4 bil net country is hard to do.

TroyTiger Game profile

May 21st 2014, 3:36:38

How about a 2 Bil country? ;-P

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 21st 2014, 3:40:49

Easily doable also, it would take something 2.5 bil or more to really impress me at all

mrford Game profile

May 21st 2014, 3:44:54

then do it.

oh wait, you just like to hate, i almost forgot. the all mighty rats! best at everything.

if you dissagree, he will threaten to kill you with a baseball bat.

BUT I WAS YOUNG!!!!!1111

a character trait is a character trait.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

May 21st 2014, 3:47:16

sorry, i gave you too much credit, best at everything except seeing a massive gangbang coming and taking it gracefully.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

May 21st 2014, 15:21:52

U guys are comparing apples to oranges ford waste his and at some times cc's pennies to put up a top 5ish while rats builds 16 solid countries.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

May 21st 2014, 16:58:21

This went in a different direction than I expected, though I shouldn't be suprrised.
Your base is mine!

May 21st 2014, 17:36:31

Competition is competition whether its warring or netting lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

Dragon Game profile

May 21st 2014, 18:52:15

Every time a player finds or uses a "trick" and goes to that well too often, someone(s) else will counter it. Transferring cash/goods via Tech/Weapons/Goods buyouts is a sound netting strategy just as focused land trading is.

That said, it should be no surprise when a player or players take some of that "easy land" or goods or tech "off the top" because they're paying attention and have their OWN strategy to exploit someone else's move.

It's a cost of doing business. Once more than a couple people are sitting all over SO transfers, it's time to adapt and adjust. The frustrating part is that it's not blatantly obvious who just "farmed" your SO structure like it is seeing land farming in your news.

Desperado Game profile

May 21st 2014, 18:59:09

give it time, im sure you netter will whine and cry and make it so you see who bought what from you in your news

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

May 21st 2014, 19:03:30

if you're really bored and have an api key you could take market feed information and extrapolate who bought what with nw changes.

Dragon Game profile

May 21st 2014, 19:07:24

Originally posted by Azz Kikr:
if you're really bored and have an api key you could take market feed information and extrapolate who bought what with nw changes.

Yeah, you could. Or you could just take a minute every day and keep track of the NW of the top 5 of every "major clan". I'm never that bored. Besides, someone comes here and brags/cries about it.

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 17:55:49

There is a channel on the scourge.se irc servers where you can track networth changes, just mix that with the market channel, and you can easily tell who is buying or sell what

May 22nd 2014, 21:38:11

buy, buy, buy!
Your base is mine!