Verified:

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 23rd 2014, 4:02:31

Does anyone here have a garmin nuvi 200 series gps. Soviet and I are going to Colorado next week to get what I left behind 2.5 years ago, visit my friends, and pick up my son to bring to Georgia. Soviet wants to go a different direction than what the Nuvi is going to navigate for us. Is there a way to adjust the nuvi to the route you want? Or will I have to enter each point...which is a pain in the butt.
I am beginning to think we may just have to use the googlemaps on our androids.

So yeah .... if anyone has one of these and tell if this is feasible...that would be awesome.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Boltar Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 4:04:34

take route 66 west.. then find signs for colorado

braden Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 4:12:59

from georgia to colorodo i think you go west and up in miles from sea level, but i'd ask bolts to be certain

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 23rd 2014, 4:19:56

JERKS

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

elvesrus

May 23rd 2014, 4:21:11

i40 works better than 66
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

braden Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 4:26:31

i enjoyed sixty one, myself, but when i learned pot and jewish men by the name of zimmermen it turns out i enjoyed sixty one even better the second time.

braden Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 4:27:25

he mentions while overlooking the rude name calling of representatives of the game :(

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 23rd 2014, 4:36:31

Originally posted by braden:
he mentions while overlooking the rude name calling of representatives of the game :(

Don't forget what I told you on irc braden ;)
Be afraid, very afraid.

mrford Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 6:32:04

you dont have a smart phone?

google maps is your god.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2014, 10:29:39

Don't try to get across NB with google maps, you'll end up on the Renous highway from Plaster Rock. There are bears!

ninong Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 11:21:22

you don't have to go there just to smoke pot
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

bstrong86 Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 11:54:08

Originally posted by Boltar:
take route 66 west.. then find signs for colorado

I support the 66 route :)

Lots of touristy things to do and see along the way.

Come across on 66 east through Illinois and see a big, red weiner that Paul.bunyon. is holding in atlanta, illinois( where i live) everyday people stop and take pictures with it
The Death Knights

XI

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

May 23rd 2014, 12:46:47

Every modern GPS has an "alternate routes" option somewhere in there menus. They also have options to turn off highways, toll roads, or to take the shortest way or fastest way possible.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 23rd 2014, 13:23:16

Originally posted by mrford:

google maps is your god.
Originally posted by galleri:

I am beginning to think we may just have to use the googlemaps on our androids.

It was in my original post ;) Now I know you don't read.

Trife Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 14:14:36

Originally posted by mrford:

google maps is your god.

this

Originally posted by ninong:
you don't have to go there just to smoke pot

and that

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2014, 14:28:55

Is that for your car?

Use your smart phone with this free app (so you dont need a data connection like you do with google):

http://www.navmii.com/gpsnavigation

With this app you download the map data before you go that way all you need is a GPS signal and not a data connection like you do with google maps i.e. you can use it offline.

You're welcome.

Kid Game profile

May 24th 2014, 0:40:41

Google map is the safe bet. It does come with offline map. you just have to save the map before you use it.

I tried navigon but the map isnt as up to date as google.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 24th 2014, 2:38:46

Eh we decided to go the way the gps is gonna direct us.
Thanks all.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2014, 2:50:33

I used to have a laptop based GPS system manufactured by "Delorme" it worked great. You could program your route on the fly, and it would respond to verbal questions about the route, such as "Where am I?", "Are we there yet?" and such.

It also made a trip log that saved me from a speeding ticket in Virginia once. Damned cop miscalculated the times in my log and figured I was speeding the entire trip I was on, when I showed up in court to contest the ticket, I brought along my laptop and showed the judge, the exact route, dates and times that were stamped by the program on it. And also the log where the cop had failed to master his calculator/watch combination thus generating the false ticket.

That was a cool thing to have happen, the Judge was blown away by the detailed log of the trip, which perfectly matched my log, and included the speed of advance as part of the data stream for the logged trip.

I don't know if they are still in business, but it was a lot cheaper than those units like Garvin puts out, and it included additional features you can turn on, such as interesting tourist thingies on the way, decent restaurant reviews so you can plan your meal stops, and a few others that I can't recall right now.

Delorme Mapping was the manufacturer of the unit. It was dirt cheap from what I recall when I bought it. I paid like 35 bucks for the whole kit at Microcenter.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

[IX]Mobster

May 27th 2014, 12:19:26

Use the app called WAZE. You can re-route I think, AND other people who use the app will mark the map where cops are sitting and where there are traffic jams. It has definitely got me out of speeding tickets. Great app, must have for any smartphone. You can also see other people using WAZE on your GPS map when you are driving. Great app.

Atryn Game profile

May 27th 2014, 12:29:26

WAZE is owned by Google as well. ;) So still, In Google We Trust...

"In June 2013 Google bought Waze for $966M, adding a social data aspect to its mapping business. In June 2013 the United States Federal Trade Commission started considering whether Google's purchase of Waze might violate competition law—Waze was one of very few competitors in the mobile mapping sector. As of August 2013 no decision had been made. The UK Office of Fair Trading and the Israel Antitrust Authority are also investigating."

The above brought to you by Wikipedia (not (yet) owned by Google).

ninong Game profile

May 27th 2014, 14:34:59

i used my android phone for a 1200 mile (total) drive over the weekend, works great even reroutes you through construction areas
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 27th 2014, 14:48:56

BTW I didnt know we could download offline maps for google maps...

Nice!

Too bad you cant find a route somewhere and just download that route? Or can you?

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

May 27th 2014, 14:54:58

on Android ... MapFactor Navigator Free (download the extra maps!) for offline maps :)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================