Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Dragon Game profile

Jun 21st 2014, 21:44:12

Well when all 3 or 4 remaining Alliance-only players have their perfect world and perfect server, they can do what they want. I just wish that TPTB would have the nuts to tell the non-Alliance player base that they really don't give a rat's ass about the other servers and that if they don't like these Alliance-Based changes, they can just suck it.

The abject lack of Administration response to this thread tells all of us on the FFA Server everything we need to know. There's been no "we're reviewing the situation", no "we are looking for ways to separate the servers in terms of programming", no "maybe what's best for Alliance is not best for the game overall", and not even "deal with it or quit cause we say so".

RaTS FYA Game profile

Jun 22nd 2014, 0:05:55

Yeah they really do need to stop making changes in places were it wasn't asked for
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 22nd 2014, 7:02:08

My lack of response to this and other threads recently has more to do with the fine bicycling weather and the long days =D I just logged into 126(120) =( 17 hours of daylight today! Sun set at 10:08 PM :)

I'll address this thread & stuff soon; I'd hoped to adjust FFA with martian quickly as the resets happened, but then it got bumped back and back... anyway, I will get to it; all next week looks like pretty fluffty weather =( thunderstorms...
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 22nd 2014, 11:57:03

qz should move to finland, then he could say bye bye to bicycling weather.

past 2 days weather: +5-10 celsius degrees, rain and hails.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Dragon Game profile

Jun 22nd 2014, 16:57:02

Originally posted by qzjul:
My lack of response to this and other threads recently has more to do with the fine bicycling weather and the long days =D I just logged into 126(120) =( 17 hours of daylight today! Sun set at 10:08 PM :)

I'll address this thread & stuff soon; I'd hoped to adjust FFA with martian quickly as the resets happened, but then it got bumped back and back... anyway, I will get to it; all next week looks like pretty fluffty weather =( thunderstorms...

Hey! At least we heard from you. Thanks for showing up.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jun 22nd 2014, 17:15:32

yw :P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

Bigwiggle Game profile

Jun 26th 2014, 14:46:08

I don't see anything to the contrary, so I'm assuming this is still active as initially laid out for FFA. Anyone have any interesting land trading feedback?
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 26th 2014, 23:55:04

at this point changes will probably be for *next* set =(

But we'll see when the weather is crappy and I'm not working ;)
Finally did the signature thing.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 27th 2014, 0:01:06

Most of tko has stopped any real serious netting for this reset, a lot of us have just gone the all x route
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

mrford Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 0:28:08

i have already missed a large number of turns due to not really feeling like keeping up with the set to set major changes. you all are changing so much fluff it is almost like homework to fluffin keep up

a lot of people play this game because it is easy, and familiar. bastardizing it because a few people yell louder about things they dont like than people that keep quiet because they are satisfied is stupid, and a good way to kill the game faster imo.

take that for what you will.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

llaar Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 14:09:05

I have no clue what to do besides explore build buy some tech and logout currently... changes can be good and keep things lively. changes that suppress ingame interaction are terrible

Xninja Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 14:19:21

FFA needs to bring forth the mighty 80% land rape!

Country A)

NW 1,000,000
Land 10,000

Country B)

NW 100,000
Land 1,000

Country B hits Country A with max military strategy, as Tyranny in a PS, Country B gains 8,000 land. Weeeee, death to land trading scum!!!

Who needs ghost acres when you can rape!

Edited By: Xninja on Jun 27th 2014, 14:22:05
See Original Post
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

llaar Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 14:28:31

I just made a lot of suggestions here:
http://www.earthempires.com/...hanges-32078?t=1403879186

i like the first suggestion in there the best. make people hit each other or they face penalty. all-x shouldn't be encouraged!

Bigwiggle Game profile

Jun 27th 2014, 15:59:50

"- Reasoning for this change: Makes land trading slightly more expensive, cracks down on obvious abuse; should boost military kept on hand, thus reducing suiciders; may boost troop market slightly."

I don't see it. All jetter is still the way to go for me, so military is boosted but not defense. The logistics of keeping equal amounts of troops and then breaking those amounts is a pain, don't have the time. Maybe as I get up above 20k a combination of troops and jets will be the only feasible way to continue. PS is completely out of the question now. These limitations set by amount of military attacking are applied after military strat correct? So if I don't have the military to max my ghost acres then strat tech is useless?

Don't think this is needed in FFA. The limitations set last year keep land trading in check to a point, as do all the war clans and suiciders on the server
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Twiz Game profile

Jun 28th 2014, 20:00:55

Originally posted by Warster:
Most of tko has stopped any real serious netting for this reset, a lot of us have just gone the all x route

I was geared for a netting set, but because of the changes I don't even want to login to the server and have lost tons of turns. I am also all ex now lol

Dragon Game profile

Jun 28th 2014, 20:38:38

Originally posted by llaar:
I just made a lot of suggestions here:
http://www.earthempires.com/...hanges-32078?t=1403879186

i like the first suggestion in there the best. make people hit each other or they face penalty. all-x shouldn't be encouraged!

Are you kidding me? It's already a server where 1200 or so players in 8 major clans or so NOW can't effectively land trade, Ghost Acres are set on reset-long DR's, and you have to have a bazillion god damn jets to GET GA's, and you want to PENALIZE players for going All-Ex?

Are they fluffing retarded or just joking?!?!?

Edited By: Dragon on Jun 29th 2014, 17:08:18

Marshal Game profile

Jun 28th 2014, 21:45:23

*bets 100k bushels on both*
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

RaTS FYA Game profile

Jun 29th 2014, 12:29:29

qzjul = failed
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 1st 2014, 18:48:12

;-) who nets anyways
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD