Verified:

Neil30 Game profile

Jul 18th 2014, 6:59:01

So the commie indys that sell all their stuff, grab as low as they can, and then jump back up?
I know, they can only attack one time, but this is an easy way to get land so MANY people do it......
You cant AB or nuke them, and as commie indies they will be bigger at this stage in the game.

Im confused as to what a good way to stop this is?

I know the spirit of this game is war, but since GDI is supposed to help out the little guys but just gets thelm farmed by every lame commie indy in the game and lose a ton of land, what is the solution???

lol

BlackMantis Game profile

Jul 18th 2014, 8:42:30

Possible solution would be to disable the restriction that prevents a country from attacking a larger country, provided that the larger country has attacked them in the past.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 18th 2014, 8:57:10

Originally posted by Neil30:

I know the spirit of this game is war, but since GDI is supposed to help out the little guys but just gets thelm farmed by every lame commie indy in the game and lose a ton of land, what is the solution???

I know this reply is going to sound lame, but there are also plenty of non-Commies in the top that aren't getting farmed by lame commies. If your economy is weak, you will get farmed by everyone, not just Commies. The trick is not to get farmed in the first place, by always staying above at least half of the Rank 1's NW, and checking your SCORES and making sure you don't look land fat.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 18th 2014, 16:20:08

Personally, I would look at that situation as you must be relatively land fat or have a low networth to land ratio, which makes you an attractive target. If you cant' take a single landgrab then you are doing something wrong. Even if they can landgrab you and pump up their networth putting themselves out of your reach, you should still be able to recover and build up to get closer and eventually be able to retaliate. Paying attention to their cycle can also help as you might be able to intercept them at their low point and retaliate then.. As long as they only attack you once, there isn't much you can do, the other option would be to taunt them into making the mistake of attaching you twice whereupon they open themselves up for attack.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

blid

EE Patron

Jul 18th 2014, 16:31:19

The networth restriction on attacks has nothing to do with GDI. It's a humanitarian rule that applies to everyone, GDI or not.

Also, the OP is a bit backward, saying they can only attack one time, and then complaining. Look, if they only attacked one time, you wouldn't be able to do anything even if they WERE in humanitarian range. The real complaint, if you want to make one, would have to be about countries farming smaller players and jumping out of range.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

LATC Game profile

Jul 18th 2014, 18:01:18

Tech early - it allows you to have more production on less land and make you less of a land grab target. It'll also help you grow faster once you start getting land.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2014, 1:16:16

Originally posted by LATC:
Tech early - it allows you to have more production on less land and make you less of a land grab target. It'll also help you grow faster once you start getting land.

This is an excellent point. Having tech works wonders when you have less land than your competitors.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

SethMosrite Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 1:24:00

Pump spies, keep an eye on their cycle and start stealing cash/bushels.

Daveth Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 5:52:33

spies for realz

Marshal Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 11:16:25

steal if you want to break gdi.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Neil30 Game profile

Jul 21st 2014, 16:46:24

Actually its pure BS, this new GDI, there are ONLY humantarians, so top countries join GDI and bottemfeed with no 50 percent restrictions AND smaller countries cant missle or AB retal, obviously this was created by netters.....

Anyways, I know no one will care, but I came back after several years, and I will leave the game after this set specifically because GDI is so poorly designed, or rather designed specifically to protect bottem feeding netters with no tanks or SDI....

LATC Game profile

Jul 21st 2014, 17:55:55

Without humanitarians/GDI I'd just farm a bottom country to the ground and buy 100k tanks instead of doing 1 bottom feed and moving on - that way he can't retal me. Trust me, it's worse if GDI wasn't in place.

Assassin Game profile

Jul 21st 2014, 18:25:17

latc's right. i end up hitting about 100 countries, once each, every set. with no gdi, i'd farm the hell out of 3-4 targets every single day.

crest23 Game profile

Jul 21st 2014, 18:35:49

Neil, play the tourney server. There's no GDI there, so you can retal whomever. I must warn you though, because there is no GDI, you will probably get farmed really really badly. But, hey, at least you can retal how you choose.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 21st 2014, 18:50:20

if no humanitarians or gdi then 10m country could farm ~50k nw country until it has no land anymore and then move on next, of course attacker's gains wouldn't be high but military losses wouldn't be high either. let's say defender would have 800 acres and if attacker would declare war he/she would get at least 20 acres per attack so only ~40 attacks would be needed to landkill that low nw country, even better if finds some 100k-200k nw country with 1k-3k acres, attacker's gains would be quite good after 5 attacks and no need to fear about getting retalled except with missiles but smart player diffuses any missiles before or after farming.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2014, 19:20:12

Originally posted by crest23:
Neil, play the tourney server. There's no GDI there, so you can retal whomever. I must warn you though, because there is no GDI, you will probably get farmed really really badly. But, hey, at least you can retal how you choose.
Yeah, this is good advice. If you don't want restrictions play tourney. There's a "declare war" function there btw, if you find you can't hit someone back try that. That jumps humanitarians from 2x your size to 8x I believe.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 21st 2014, 20:25:51

1/12 elsewhere than tourny where its 1/8 says wiki (of course qz's changes might have changed that on solo servers).

FUXX0R3D Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 23:34:10

Pretty gay that countries in GDI can hit countries 1/4 of their NW.

UpTheIrons Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 23:35:57

Originally posted by FUXX0R3D:
Pretty gay that countries in GDI can hit countries 1/4 of their NW.

Try hitting back, you'll get a crap ton of land

Serpentor Game profile

Jul 31st 2014, 2:14:59

If you're 1/4 the size of the top countries, you have to expect to be hit though. Either its stockpiling or not being run very efficiently. Xin is right when he says to stay at least over half the top countries NW. When you're at that size you are capable of retaling and none of the top countries will willingly lose land in the exchange.

If your stocking, stock less and get your net higher, if not then get some quality advise on your strat.
The EEVIL Empire

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 31st 2014, 3:46:18

You should see how I used to farm countries on Alliance server - I will literally hit the same country 5-8 times and just buy some tanks and troops, since the GDI there is different. (GDI on clan servers restricts attack range to 1/2x-2x, rather than prevent special attacks.)

It's weird that a lot of new players think GDI is bad for them, but counter-intuitively, it is actually better off for them.

h2orich Game profile

Jul 31st 2014, 4:46:30

If you hit the same country 5-8 times, you get bad gains, you wouldnt do that in Primary considering the low turn count on the server.
I think GDI sucks for new players, they do not have retalling capability and that is why there are lesser and lesser players in each set. But this is how a game works, the strong gets stronger and if the weak dont have the determination to improve, they will just leave.

crest23 Game profile

Jul 31st 2014, 4:57:06

You guys are confusing what GDI does.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 31st 2014, 7:35:33

5-8 times is an over exaggeration lol. :/
More like 3-4 times.

Neil30 Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 6:39:32

I didn't know how GDI had changed when I joined this set, messed up all my plans, the old days GDI could only hit 1/2 of the size and if you werent in GDI then I could do whatever attacks I wanted.
I run a tank/spy/missile heavy country, but it doesnt do anything.

I could easily run a commie indy in GDI, no tanks/troops and only a decent SPAL, just stay in the top and farm the bottem.

I cant see any defense against this besides stocking and going all jetter and taking retals.

The problem is, of course, that EVERYONE sees how easy this talentless piece of fluff strat is so you get 30 commies bottem feeding the rest of the server and no one else can grow.

Bring back the old gdi, this is just set up for talentless pieces of fluff. a freaking commie with no tanks/sdi/fluffy spy ratio could win primary...... that would be LOLZ if it werent so stupid.

h2orich Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 7:10:56

Originally posted by crest23:
You guys are confusing what GDI does.

Topic says GDI bottomfeeders, but what the OP meant was the humanitarian range in this server.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 9:03:29

Funnily enough, the humanitarians range on this server is one of the most restrictive and newbie friendly ones. It only allows attacks 1/4x - 4x. Express has it at a factor of 12x, Tourney at 8x.

GDI reduces the attack range to 1/2x - 2x ONLY ON CLAN SERVERS.

GDI on SOLO servers (Primary and Express) has been changed a few years back to be anti-suicider, and does not reduce attack range. When in GDI, you cannot do special attacks or harmful spy ops (except steal bushels/money) on another country unless that country has attacked you at least TWICE that reset. The reverse also applies, other players cannot use special attacks on you unless you have attacked that country 2 or more times.

Neil30 Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 13:44:59

Its not to discourage suiciders, are you crazy? Its so that talents pieces of fluff like 119 or 83 can go through the set with NO FREAKING TANKS OR TROOPS and nothing happens......

GDI was set up to help smaller counties, I feel like im living in a bizzaro world here since it now has been changed to help the biggest countries bottemfeed with impunity.

Im just going to wreck someones set then self delete, you guy win, but whoever made this change to GDI is 1) freaking stupid and 2) encouraging lame players while 3) killing this game.

LATC Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 13:50:34

Originally posted by Neil30:
I didn't know how GDI had changed when I joined this set, messed up all my plans, the old days GDI could only hit 1/2 of the size and if you werent in GDI then I could do whatever attacks I wanted.
I run a tank/spy/missile heavy country, but it doesnt do anything.

I could easily run a commie indy in GDI, no tanks/troops and only a decent SPAL, just stay in the top and farm the bottem.

I cant see any defense against this besides stocking and going all jetter and taking retals.

The problem is, of course, that EVERYONE sees how easy this talentless piece of fluff strat is so you get 30 commies bottem feeding the rest of the server and no one else can grow.

Bring back the old gdi, this is just set up for talentless pieces of fluff. a freaking commie with no tanks/sdi/fluffy spy ratio could win primary...... that would be LOLZ if it werent so stupid.

And yet commie has only won once in the last 14 resets. If it's so talentless, why do only certain people make top 20 consistently?

Also what's the diff between a newb going all jets to do retals vs all tanks just to mess up someone's set for fun? I'd think that was even less talentless.

I do agree GDI needs to be reworked (not humanitarians). But you know why this server is dying? Because you can't coordinate, not even in-game, which takes out all social aspects within the game. "But you can talk about anything in in-game messaging, isn't that social?" No, because why would I talk to a random dude about how my day is going, I'm going to be talking about things in the game that illicit an emotional response, which is getting back at a guy who hurt me and my ally. It's the reason why I stuck around for so long in the original E2025, because I could team up with people for revenge and then we'd re-ally next game, etc etc etc until we joined alliance server together. NEWFLASH, people like social interactions...no wonder why social media sites are so popular =O.

Edited By: LATC on Aug 1st 2014, 13:52:56

blid

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2014, 13:53:52

You really can talk about anything though, you just can't coordinate attacks. But you can give advice about the game, talk strategy, etc...

LATC Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 13:56:38

Well what I'm saying is, two newbs are not gonna talk strategy because it's like the blind leading the deaf, instead they'll talk revenge.

llamky Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 22:10:16

don't understand GDI in this.. im getting smashed by 10m+ people atleast twice a day with no way to retal. Stuck at the same networth for ages as I can't gain land lol.

FUXX0R3D Game profile

Aug 2nd 2014, 14:41:21

I've been getting the same thing llamky. Started late so I was behind, and now it's just a full on gangbang farmfest with no way to retaliate. Seems to me that it doesn't matter if you're in GDI or not, or if your target is in GDI or not. They can hit you whatever the circumstances.

I just tried it out on Express as well. I'm in the GDI, and I can grab targets 1/10th my NW, even if they are in GDI as well.

I've been away from Earth for several years, can anyone explain these changes to me?

blid

EE Patron

Aug 2nd 2014, 14:50:50

Different servers have different "humanitarian" restrictions.

In Primary, you can't attack a country more than 4x your size or less than 1/4. In Express, the humanitarian restrictions come into play at 12x and 1/12.

In neither case is GDI a factor in the humanitarian range. In Tournament, GDI is a factor in humanitarian range to some degree (everyone is automatically in GDI with a 2x and 1/2 restriction, but you can declare war to change it to 8x and 1/8).

In Primary and Express, GDI simply presents "negative" actions (missiles, other special attacks, certain harmful spy ops) against countries that haven't hit you more than once.

FUXX0R3D Game profile

Aug 2nd 2014, 15:21:23

Oh I see. That's quite a major change from back in the day. So that's how the top commies in GDI can single tap everyone 1/4 their NW and be untouchable in the process. How dull.

Viceroy Game profile

Aug 3rd 2014, 5:07:50

An interesting new dynamic this version of GDI introduced to the game is the strategy surrounding the late retal.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.