Verified:

Demi Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 14:13:07

I think there should be a change made to private market costs for bushels. To help control the market and keep inventories moving. Bushels are extreme over priced on private market. They should be more like around 55-70. That way the market can't get ridiculous with bushel prices. That is how the military prices are controlled. No one will sell troops for 200 since private market is 120s. There is no other option for people to get bushels so it stalls the game. I am an all-x farmer and I say this....

mrford Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 14:41:12

quit your fluffin

bushel market has regulated itself for 18 years at that price, and because of one bad set you wanna change the world. shortsighted. you all think bottomfeeding is killing the game, incorrect

people fluffing about minor problems causing the admins to make wtf changes is what is killing the game. stop fluffing and deal with it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Nekked Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 14:59:49

bah

Gongshow09 Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 15:34:15

higher food prices

locket Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 16:42:20

I oddly agree with asshole Ford lol. These prices are no different than when land traders were not popular awhile back. They fluctuate based on what strats are being played and these are in no way unfair. If it was 70 I'd maybe agree. Fifty? Nope. I don't mind lowering private price but it still better be a fair bit higher than this sets price.

Demi Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 16:58:42

Mr Ford should learn to read since I was referencing bushel prices in the PRIVATE market only. There is no logic to $300 a bushel on private market.

This is how you run new players out of the game. Luckily I played this game years ago when it first started as Earth 2025 so I just like the game. There are ways to have economically sound discussions in the forums without trying to just be a bully.

I am benefitting from high market prices since I am a farmer. But inventories change hands so much more slowly. I want to see a more balanced game that moves more smoothly rather than a billion and a half bushels sitting on the market for 24 hours and no one making a move. Think about for more than 5 seconds and let's chat.

mrford Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 17:22:48

i read and fully understood your post. my point remains.

this isnt a problem. the bushel market is the most fluid market there is, and if you think that there is no movement over 24 hours than you arnt looking close enough.

you want to manually regulate bushel prices eleminating one of farmers strengths, because of one set in 20. you want to take away that one set that all farmers dream of, because you think it isnt fair. you want to water down all strats so they are all pretty much the same and you can flip a coin on which one to play.

sorry, i dont. im tired of all these changes just for the sake of changing things. they are breaking the game. stop breaking the game. you alliance server cry babies are fluffing up every other server because the admins make sweeping changes. your idea isnt perticullarly dumber than some of the other flufffests recently, but it goes along with the same principal of fluffing about fluff that doesnt really matter.

Edited By: mrford on Jul 19th 2014, 17:26:58
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2014, 19:31:09

Originally posted by Gongshow09:
higher food prices

!!!!!!

Symac

Jul 19th 2014, 19:49:01

50 is high bushel price to you? o_O
It's where it should be right now.

locket Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 20:53:02

Drive players from the game? Look at prices from 2-3 years ago and compare to now. They were like this every set. Deal with it. $300 is dumb but the mkt price now is fair.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 21:02:13

i've seen only once public market bushels being higher priced than priv market bushels and that was on last hrs of set and alliance now gone had done buyouts.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrford Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 21:07:13

We paid 350-500 for oil for the better part of a week. Don't think anyone made a thread demanding oil be put on the PM like it has on solo servers.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Marshal Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 21:27:45

nope since warmongers have bought oil in advance and restarts can make their own oil and origs have enuf money to buy oil they need.

nor any1 whines (much) when military prices are high.

when techprices are high some whine about those.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrford Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 23:24:49

I really wish marshal wouldn't post on serious threads with his parrot effect and worthless facts.

That isn't how oil in a month long war works dumbass.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

major Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 23:45:15

Demi Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 0:27:13

Bushel prices don't drive people away from the game. People in forums who can't discuss anything without their argument being 'deal with it', 'idiot' or 'quit whining' it's a legit thing to talk about. Last time I check this game should be trying to attract more people since it's basically a small community of players where it used to be a large and known game a decade ago. You should encourage people to talk about the in-game economy. You get a better game and new players learn the subtleties of the market and things like that.

That is the focus of this thread. The military is regulated that way and it keeps public vs private market prices competitive.

No one has been able to defend private market bushel price. Someone justify private market prices of $300 for bushels.

Oil is on the private market in another server and helps keep the market from being ridiculous.

Military prices can't get too high or people go to private market so the game moves on more smoothly.

End of set market prices aren't really part of this. But again this thread is about PRIVATE MARKET BUSHELS PRICES.

bstrong86 Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 0:40:37

We are we discussing this?

Evem if they cut the PM price to 150..are you going to buy the 50$ or the 150$? Silly thing to be worried about.
The Death Knights

XI

zerozerozero Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 1:00:02

we should just double what the farmers are producing. that way bushel price would go down to the 20s and military tech prices would go up.. :p

but really, bushels are being regulated.. that means they can't go over 300.. is it our fault that farmers sell for 1/5 of true price? :p

Demi Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 1:52:10

bstrong I was suggesting an even greater price cut.
zerozerozero: that is a great suggestion. Maybe the farmers should go the other way and hit the market at 250 at the beginning of the game and run with it. That is a great comment

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 6:35:16

Originally posted by mrford:
quit your fluffin

bushel market has regulated itself for 18 years at that price, and because of one bad set you wanna change the world. shortsighted. you all think bottomfeeding is killing the game, incorrect

people fluffing about minor problems causing the admins to make wtf changes is what is killing the game. stop fluffing and deal with it.

I hate to say this but I agree 100% with mrford on this!
I really don't think this is AT topic, more of a B&S topic.
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 21st 2014, 21:13:04

I almost think we should raise PM prices of other goods... hmmmm lol ;)
Finally did the signature thing.

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 22nd 2014, 3:23:48

I like how crusty old vets are fluffing about people fluffing, further perpetuating the fluffing cycle.

Seriously, with so many threads being locked randomly, how did this one escape?

Comparing food to military prices on the private market always seemed odd to me. Compare the private market buying prices to the private market selling prices - food has a much larger difference. Personally, I have no issues with where the market is (and as such, I'm more than fine with leaving well enough alone), but why it like that? I would love to hear the logic and justification behind the current levels.

Further, I recognize it rarely impacts the game in its current form, but what I wonder is how often it does play a role in the game? How often are bushels bought out on the public market? I've personally fallen victim to it on Express once at the end of the set and have heard tell of it at other times, and Tournament... well, it's the Tournament Server. Traversing the market there is like walking in water up to your ankle and is amongst the reasons I no longer play on what used to be my favorite solo server. I digress.

If asking these questions means a lot of mean spirited fuddy-duddies curse my name, then maybe I'm playing the wrong game... Sorry for hoping to make the game better for everyone.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.