Verified:

Boltar Game profile

Jul 10th 2014, 7:26:29

restarts should get a % of missiles they died with on hand, just like every other damn resource they get back when they die, even those on the market

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 11th 2014, 17:29:20

Should they though?

Perhaps.

Thoughts?
Finally did the signature thing.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jul 11th 2014, 18:01:47

Yes, they should.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

mrford Game profile

Jul 11th 2014, 18:03:37

real pros dont die anyways.

pro tip, dont die
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Marshal Game profile

Jul 11th 2014, 18:30:51

fordy is pro?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Boltar Game profile

Jul 12th 2014, 5:40:41

well, if ur FS'ed at any given time.. and die in said FS. no quite able to attempt to wall

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2014, 20:46:43

Or suiciders get you when your working or asleep :"( would be nice to get a % of missiles back!!

You do get a % of EVERYTHING else back so why not missiles?

bstrong86 Game profile

Jul 22nd 2014, 23:53:51

Missiles are a high demand, high reward item...shouldnt be that easy to 'get' them back
The Death Knights

XI

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 23rd 2014, 0:32:33

Dirty roofer gone bananas!!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Boltar Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 4:09:08

Originally posted by bstrong86:
Missiles are a high demand, high reward item...shouldnt be that easy to 'get' them back

so is several hundreds of millions of cash and bushels.. but u get a % of them back..

juice Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 13:15:53

i agree with boltar on this one. if you're giving back other resources, why not missiles too?

If the enemy took the time, after all my people are done, to go through my country and destroy ALL the missiles, surely they would have eaten all the food and destroyed all the jets too.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 13:53:03

you can't do harmful spyops against dead country.

getting missiles back would get problematic if player has only few missiles unless there would be rounding up that if player would gegt x.5 or higher amount of missiles back it would be rounded upwards like 2.5 to 3 etc and x.4 or under wpuld be rounded downwards.

juice Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 15:56:31

Originally posted by Marshal:

getting missiles back would get problematic if player has only few missiles unless there would be rounding up that if player would gegt x.5 or higher amount of missiles back it would be rounded upwards like 2.5 to 3 etc and x.4 or under wpuld be rounded downwards.

I said nothing of harmful spy ops against a dead country. i was speaking in terms of a RL situation. If my enemy attacked me to the point of killing everyone in my country, thus my country is dead, then they took the time to locate and destroy all of my missiles, then they would have also eaten all of my food and destroyed all my jets too.

If I am able to come back, then that would mean that i was able to escape my enemy and hide out somewhere. then, after they left my lands, I was able to recover some of my resources (any food they didn't eat or burn, any jets they didn't destroy, any missiles they didn't find).

I have no problem with the missiles being rounded to figure out how many were retained. in fact, I think everything should have some random factor to it. Its not smart to think that every jet will destroy 10 civs in the end on a BR. The jets should kill a random number of civs, say from 5 to 15. So, it's not good to say that a country died with 10 missiles, so they should get back 3. Instead it should be that they get back a random number of missiles from 1-5.

I prefer a little randomness. maybe over the course of thousands of BRs when all those countries are under 200 pop, the jets did kill an average of 10 civs per BR, but each and every single BR would show a different amount between 5 and 15 to show that people don't hide from jets in exact groups of 10.

Boltar Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 16:26:10

Unless it changed. U could steal from dead countries. And think of this. Another argument of mine. Why should a restart come back with all of its defense bonus

Marshal Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 18:54:18

we can't steal from dead countries in ee like we could in earth2025.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 24th 2014, 0:57:58

Originally posted by Marshal:

Yes you can.....you just fail them all...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Boltar Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 6:25:19

Lol I may not be dragon and a war guru. But I've done it enough to know a thing or 2

Atryn Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 17:21:25

"13,068 civilians emerge from the wreckage of your country. They are carrying with them 2 nuclear missiles, 3 chemical missiles..."

Aw hell, it is already so unrealistic anyway. ;)

juice Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 18:21:22

Atryn,

More like, you have crawled out of the hole you were hiding in and reconnected with 13,068 civilians. You have found that you still have possession of xxx bushels, jets, tanks, turrets, troops, blah, blah, 2 NMs, and 3 CMs.

(basically, it doesn't mean people are carrying the missiles on their backs, but you know where they are and still have access to them.)

Marshal Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 19:04:05

lowest troops i have had after making restart has been ~100 and lowest turrets has ben 4 and before killrun i have had 25-200k.