Verified:

juice Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 15:39:08

bottomfeeding is usually when you farm a country that cannot possibly retal you (also, if they are in a clan, that clan cannot retal you either).

topfeeding is usually when you landgrab someone that has so much land, that when they retal you 1:1, they cannot get back anywhere near as much land as you took from them.

Anything in between is dangerous and usually not worth the grab.

Those are your three choices for landgrabbing and they all suck.

bottomfeeding can result in suiciders, makes people hate the game and quit, makes people hate your clan, usually costs more than it's worth to perform.

topfeeding has been reduced by the stupid Land:Land retal pacts that most clans use now, which means lower countries almost cannot ever catch up to the higher countries.

I think, to stimulate landgrabbing, ghost acres exist. But this is dumb too. How on earth do you magically make acres appear when an attack is made? Now you have people agreeing to mutual terms to landgrab each other, as it ends up benefiting both countries. However, "great minds" have decided that if you do this with people inside your clan, then it's a bad thing (I personally don't see the difference, because, if you do it, you do it, and if you don't, than you don't.) maybe we should create two clans, pact as friends, and landtrade with each other, so the "great minds" will find it acceptable.

The game should be designed so that all landgrabbing hurts the victim, but (to keep the game interesting), encourages the attacker to grab from those closest in size to themself for the most gains.

Maybe make it so that you cannot do a PS or SS without sending tanks and/or troops, as jets simply cannot lay claim to land. The jets could destroy the enemy on the land allowing the troops and tanks to move in and capture the land easier, thereby allowing the attacker to claim more land, but jets alone should not be able to capture land. Also, determine the amount of land captured by the amount of troops and tanks sent. surely a single troop could not capture 100 acres of land. This could make it harder for topfeeding to occur.

I know, this gets a bit complicated, but it makes sense. If I have 1mil jets, 250k troops, and 20k tanks and I attack you. you have 1mil turrets, 100k troops and 10k tanks. I have the gov, allies, tech, etc to break you. I have 7k acres and you have 20k acres.

currently, I send all jets on a PS and I capture some amount of land from you (i dunno the exact amount, but say 3k acres).

let's change this to my idea above. Let's say that it takes 1 tank, or 5 troops to capture 1 acre of land (these may need to be adjusted). If I sent 0 troops and 0 tanks, i capture 0 land. If I sent 10k tanks, i won't capture 10k acres. i would get the max amount for that specific grab, which I supposed would be the 3k that i would have gotten under the current rules.

Another reason why jets shouldn't be able to capture land...jets have no defense in this game. If an army attacks the land that the jets just took, the jets cannot prevent them from taking it. The jets must patrol the skies and wait until the troops, tanks, and turrets arrive to defend the land. Sending troops and tanks with the jets allows a realistic view of how warfare should work.

Anyway, i know this idea won't be implemented. My point here is more on the idea that too many people cry about being topfed or bottomfed. Really, stop the crying and play the game. If you get hit, take your retal, learn from your mistake and don't allow your country to be hit again.

Trife Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 16:07:44

Tl ; Dr

Nah seriously, oh look it's this type of thread again

Also this should be on the b and s board

juice Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 16:23:29

It's not a real suggestion because I know it's not something that will ever get implemented.

It's more a thread to tell people to quit their crying about being topfed or bottomfed and to just play the game.

Makolyte Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 16:31:14

These changes sound cool. Making the game more realistic. But this is not a realistic game to begin with. How the hell can you have millions of jets parked in, let's say, 30k acres, all being able to take off at the exact same time? You'd have to have harrier jets stacked vertically. Then to send 1 million jets to attack all at once you'd need to have a miraculous coordination system, probably some sort of supercomputer with thousands upon thousands of people. Oh yeah, i find it hard to believe a country with 100% farms would have the training to pull this off. And what? You have 1 million jets and like 250k civilians? Where do the pilots come from?
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior

Makolyte Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 16:33:07

And biggest unrealistic thing of all, which you already mentioned, is ANY big change getting implemented. We're talking about a game that's been around for like 20 years with no major changes. HAHA
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior

Gongshow09 Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 16:43:13

too much reading......Spam that attack button WAR!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 23rd 2014, 16:44:02

Wall of text didn't read.

tellarion Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 16:47:40

4th option: grabbing with 80% l:l retals, as has been standard for years and years. Some people still make it out better off than the others, but without all the butthurt feelings.

5th option: Landtrading. Similar to the 4th, but a bit more formalized. And even within this there are 2 further subtypes: Open and Closed lists. Closed lists require people to message and agree to the hit first, Open lists do not.

MArs47 Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 16:50:42

Originally posted by juice:
How on earth do you magically make acres appear when an attack is made? Now you have people agreeing to mutual terms to landgrab each other, as it ends up benefiting both countries. However, "great minds" have decided that if you do this with people inside your clan, then it's a bad thing (I personally don't see the difference, because, if you do it, you do it, and if you don't, than you don't.)

Agreed. And to caveat on Makolyte's post...SPAL. You have 55 spies in every acre. Plus 2000 people per acre...oh, and they all live in one big happy industrial factory.

And you want to make this game more realistic...HA!
#DKnights

juice Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 17:17:48

lmao...now we're getting somewhere. I love it.

Again, this wasn't about making changes to the game, it was about pointing out that people cry too much over being grabbed in a war game where grabbing is supposed to be part of growing.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Jul 23rd 2014, 18:40:29

Everyone should run all explore!
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

FailDiegoFail Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 5:04:49

all L:L retal rules should be abolished fluff em

En4cer Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 5:31:08

Bonus

iTarl Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 12:34:58

eye agree

Atryn Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 14:56:13

Just remove ghost acres.

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 24th 2014, 15:13:17

Originally posted by FailDiegoFail:

This would be the ideal way to go about it..

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 24th 2014, 21:28:39

Some people like it on the bottom
And some people like it on top.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 21:48:02

and Gallery likes to be in the middle.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Trife Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 21:52:29

It's more a thread to tell people to quit their crying about being topfed or bottomfed and to just play the gam

Like I said, not another one of these threads again...

bstrong86 Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 21:53:59

Annnd some just like to put it in there bottoms..

>.>
The Death Knights

XI

DStone Rocks Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 23:24:44

topfeeding ftw

bonus

Jul 25th 2014, 15:38:00

Originally posted by DStone Rocks:
topfeeding ftw

bonus

Waiting for your application

Rage.myclanhosting.com

OrderofBleh Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 22:49:08

i do love how a 250k population country can have millions and millions of millitary units lol... thats always made me giggle.

I always thought of all units as droids of some sort.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 22:56:59

Originally posted by OrderofBleh:
i do love how a 250k population country can have millions and millions of millitary units lol... thats always made me giggle.

I always thought of all units as droids of some sort.

money can buy etc.

that's why we have only 100 troops in beginning.

Schilling Game profile

Jul 26th 2014, 21:28:55

In general, I like the idea (even though you aren't serious). It would force more of a balance in forces, and the logic is solid. I wouldn't make it impossible to take land with jets only, but make it about 25% of max (as calculated after NW ratio and mil strat tech, etc) and 0 buildings to be gained. E.g. if after closing NW with the target and having maxed out mil strat tech I calc that I can capture 1000A. I send all jets, the max I can get is 250A. If I mix in a certain amount of troops and tanks I get closer to max.

That's complicated to code but there is an easier solution: just disallow PS and SS if you aren't sending in troops and tanks as well. To ensure people don't just send one troop and one tank you can check the entered number against a value, say, 50% of total jets on the strike?

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jul 26th 2014, 22:35:18

Originally posted by FailDiegoFail:

Fight for it. The standard was set by the winners.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

zerozerozero Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 3:17:36

or just do it like on the team server. L:KILL

Marshal Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 14:43:08

Originally posted by zerozerozero:
or just do it like on the team server. L:KILL

and that would lead to server war and nobody wants that.

Herbs Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 15:11:47

People who can't net say no land land. But in all honesty anyone who is good can retal anyone at any time on any amount of Defense. So your point of having enough d to hold it will never work because anyone can hit anyone. It's our pacts that set us apart in alliance server.

I outran a retal once a couple sets ago I'm sure against rage but I had to jump to 47m net in the first couple weeks of the game. Holding 2 bid d allies and barely held it to show you can jump a retal but it's very difficult. Especially when they declare war and give that extra 10%

Jul 27th 2014, 16:58:09

idk, I imagine if anyone's good at netting they'd want no L:L either because if they make an optimized grab on someone who sucks, that sucky person can hit back multiple times if theres a L:L rule, negating any skill advantage. Why that should happen I dont know. Also about outrunning retals, I didnt mean some people are unbreakable, but why would anyone buy 10m jets to make a grab when theres targets at 3m? Its just about making it not worth it to be grabbed, not making it impossible to be grabbed.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jul 28th 2014, 13:06:12

Dirty Tree Huggers
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 28th 2014, 18:32:28

other option:

put the bots in and simulate the old meta of

retal outracers
midfeeders
bottomfeeders
explorers
farm clans
untagged multies
untagged bots
untagged new players who dont know what they are doing

type of pyramid we used to have, with enough basically free farmland available that new players will be able to grow and everyone feels they achieve something rather than something closer to limited server where people were actually farmed to death for land because it was better than exploring

makes it much easier to balance landtrading bottomfeeding and midfeeding without needing to keep pure exploring competitive late game