Verified:

timmie Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 12:59:18

I played f farmer, only got 20k acres with mostly all farms and max tech doing 210 pt. I had 2m tech pointe and 5m troops, 2.3m jetw, 19m turrets and 1.8m tanks amd atill only 25m nw. and doing about 3.5m negative income per turn. I could just cash and buy military and tech to pass 30m but eventually just doing that ill eventually have to much negative income to cash.

how do guys with less land and up with 100m nw?

even if i had 40k acres, and doing 430k bpt di i just buy military and tech and cash to end of aet and make 50m nw?

Marshal Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 15:43:04

get business and residential techs too and get military tech maxed alongside of agricultural and if you don't need to spend money then stock produced bushels on public market on high price (some 3 digit price) instead putting them on sale at current price and near end of set you start selling your stocks (public or private depending of price) and buying military until you have 0 money and bushels left.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 12:17:25

I'll quickly summarize the "netting game". The problem you are facing is, you are doing (1), but not doing (2) and (3). Doing (1) perfectly is part of becoming a better player, you will find that strong players get ahead and stay ahead during (1).

Stage 1: Country growth
The goal here is to grow your country's size, and economy.

Stage 2: Stocking
Once your country is large enough, you will reach a point where growing larger is counter-productive. So from this point on, all you do is hit the CASH (or TECH if techer) button and keep all the goods you produce in food form. (i.e sell your products, buy food, store food on market). This is called stocking.

Stage 3: Destocking
Near the end of the reset, you sell all your food in stages, and buy massive amounts of military with the money from selling the stockpile of food you amassed. Different strategies will sell food differently, some sell to public market, some sell to private market. Different strategies also buy all that military differently, some buy from public market, some buy from private market, or a mixture of both.

Q: Why do we stock?
We stock because military upkeep is expensive. If we were to just hit the CASH button, and use the earnings that day to buy military, military upkeep will overwhelm us quickly. So we keep our Networth low, and stock food. Only in the last 2 days of the reset, then we dump all that food, and jump in NW. This minimizes the amount of turns we spend in high upkeep.

Q: Why do we stock food?
We stock food because there is a limit of 2b cash that you can hold on hand. If you hold more than 2b cash, the portion of cash above 2b will "decay" at the rate of 0.1% per turn. For example, if you have 5.2b cash on hand, 0.1% of 3.2b will decay every turn, that is, you will lose 3.2m cash every turn for no good reason. This cash decay is called CORRUPTION.
To avoid corruption, we buy bushels and keep our cash just below 2b. All food on hand also decay (at the same 0.1% rate), to avoid this, we store the bushels on the public market at an "unsellable price" such as $200 dollars. Food that is on the market or en-route the market does not decay.

Q: When do we start stocking?
You start stocking when the costs of gaining new land exceeds what you expect to get back from that extra land's production over the remainder of the reset. Yes, this means doing some math, and knowing the production formulas. See http://www.earthempires.com/...estion-32278?t=1405158323 for details.

timmie Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 9:58:29

I think ive got a grasp of That. But in the last 2 days wont the price of military bounce so high because everyone is trying to destock?

i guess i don't know how the top TPA player had more than 100m nw a few days ago. He had less land then i, and yet i couldn't get past 25m nw at the same time in the set. I have heaps of military, and about 2m tech points but i couldn't buy much more military as you put it the expense would be far too high. IM already losing almost half my profit per turn in military expense.

anyways how would his nw be made up? Ataround 20k acres and 120mnw? Wouldn't he have to have like 80m military units?

nobody could afford that unless you were like a 40k farmer with max agri tech right? To pay the upkeep.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 14:34:23

you buy from private until its empty and then log off.

once you start restocking you don't spend turns (unless you sell military on public).

that tpa player had stocked bushels and with money gotten from those he/she started buying military.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 15:14:13

Originally posted by timmie:
I think ive got a grasp of That. But in the last 2 days wont the price of military bounce so high because everyone is trying to destock?

Correct. That's why for a lot of people, they destock mostly from private market. This usually takes about the last 2 days. Techers tend to destock BEFORE this rise in military prices, due to them having a far longer stocking time.

i guess i don't know how the top TPA player had more than 100m nw a few days ago. He had less land then i, and yet i couldn't get past 25m nw at the same time in the set. I have heaps of military, and about 2m tech points but i couldn't buy much more military as you put it the expense would be far too high. IM already losing almost half my profit per turn in military expense.

Your cash per turn income should be very positive during Stage 2. Stage 2 can last about 10 days for farmers/indies/cashers, and about 20-25 days for techers (for a 60 day reset). Scale accordingly for your server's reset length. During stocking phase, you literally just hit cash button every turn, and store food on the market. Techers tech obviously.

For example, if you are a farmer, you should have at least 235% agri and 172% res/bus techs, as well as 84% mil tech while stocking.

anyways how would his nw be made up? Ataround 20k acres and 120mnw? Wouldn't he have to have like 80m military units?

nobody could afford that unless you were like a 40k farmer with max agri tech right? To pay the upkeep.

You'll be surprised. The stocking phase is where you have to manage your risks vs reward. You can stock at very low defenses and have low upkeep, but you also have to assess the risks of being retalled by players you grabbed and have enough to deter that.

And yes, 120m NW is easily way over 80m units, the majority of which is only bought in the last 2 days of a 60 day reset.

KingJTh33 Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 21:24:30

:-?

dougbawks Game profile

Aug 11th 2014, 20:59:18

Learning how to stock is key to a good finish

Cokesplash Game profile

Sep 4th 2014, 8:18:20

great