Verified:

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 7th 2014, 23:27:46

http://www.target.com/...7#prodSlot=medium_1_1&;term=fishing

anyway, I am a novice at fishing and I wanted to know what you all thought about this.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Cornfed

Aug 7th 2014, 23:38:36

If you're going in shallow lake or river, or at least staying in the shallow parts it's decent. I actually have that and use it on a 10ft inflatable. Works well, will tell bottom, depth, and if fish are around and how deep.

If you're out somewhere that's over 100ft deep it shuts off. Keep that in mind.

This is the newer model of it which works down to over 300 feet
http://www.amazon.com/.../dp/B00HTXPBV4/ref=sr_1_1

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 7th 2014, 23:51:17

Red X has to use technology to fish

mrford would disapprove

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Cornfed

Aug 8th 2014, 2:38:53

If I could fit more technology on my trunk boat, I would.

Trife Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 2:40:16

real men use TNT to fish

Oceana Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 4:10:51

Worm works best

mrford Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 4:37:19

i use a fish finder when im open ocean, but cant say i have ever used one when lake, river, or pond fishing.

its whatever floats your boat. when im fishing my goal is usually to drink some beer and relax. dont really care if i catch anything. if you are fishing for sport then every advantage you can get is acceptable imo.

as for that particular fish finder, i have no experience with the type, much less the brand. sorry. but imo you get what you pay for in fish finders.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

braden Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 6:01:05

thats how i like to fish. throw metal into the water for six hours, get hammered drunk and forget what i did all day. oh yea, nothing.

i love fishing.

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2014, 12:09:09

live bait works best

shiners, chubs even suckers

just don't buy your bait at the pet store

Suicidal Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 12:38:28

I catch fish with a rod, not a fish finder

bstrong86 Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 15:13:49

Depends on what im fishing for.

Catfish no fish finder. Stink bait, livers for channel and blues and live bait for flatheads

Crappie could use finder, jigs or.minnows

Bass could use finder jigs or wax worms or spinners i suppose

Blue gill, nah just a tiny hook attached to.some extra line. I use them for flatheads.

Thats about the extant of what i fish for.

Catfishing is my fluff though. I hit ponds and lakes earlier on in the fishing year. All stink bait. If fishing at night i use bluegill for the big fights.

There is an inbetween time for fishing ponds/lakes and creeks/rivers. Cat fish spawn differentl then all other game fish and randonly throughout the year depending on water temps. Usually mid june to.mid july, i dnt fish to much for this reason.

But end of.july till winter, im in the creeks fishing 'holes' water levels go down, so the fish bunker down in the deeper water. I use strictly stink bait and liver in these holes.

I catch probably an average of 15 channels and blues in a span of 3 hrs of fishing. Once u have fished out a spot, u have to.move to next hole.
The Death Knights

XI

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 15:25:46

^^ why you fishing poor lil blue gill :(

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 15:30:48

That's pretty neat, let me know if that actually works before I go out and buy one.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Buch Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 16:16:38

Lowrance HDS is the way to go......

Makolyte Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 16:26:51

Originally posted by Trife:
real men use TNT to fish

Came here for this, leaving with a bucket full of blown up fish.

--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior
--------------------------------------------

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2014, 17:38:11

Fish finders are for the weak!!!! Snag yourself a minnow and throw a bobber on your line then cast out and enjoy a beer while the minnow 'swims" around and gets you the big one!!

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 20:17:57

I have a humming bird mounted on my Jonboat and the Carolina skiff, use it randomly, if i dont catch fish or bites ill turn on the finder. ....but like ford said, its more so to relax and drink beer. Sometimes you get to bring home the occasional alligator: )
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Buch Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 21:17:29

Need them to locate structure that the walleyes are on or you will be driving around aimlessly.. But if you live down south you don't all the lakes are there is mud holes with whisker fish they have structure like a bowl ;p

zygotic Game profile

Aug 9th 2014, 20:36:28

Fish finders are cheating

braden Game profile

Aug 10th 2014, 0:31:10

people fish for different purposes. if i fished and caught eleven fish (and killed six of them, mind you, trying to take the bait out of their fluffing mouth) i'd have a far less enjoyable time than if i caught one, it lived, and i walked away hammered drunk,

if you don't enjoy the wasting of time doing nothing but floating on water, then fish finders are worthwhile, not cheating. i prefer not to catch anything, just give me the time spent not thinking. it's like enjoying long distance running over short track.. it's what you enjoy, is all.

that said, ford told me a while back of him fishing off the coast of, i forget if it was georgia or s. carolina or maybe northern florida? either way, the way he explained his day sounded like heaven. open ocean, i think it was like.. i don't remember, marlin or tuna or some big fluffing fish he was going for :P

mrford Game profile

Aug 10th 2014, 20:58:33

I have fished off both carolina coasts, georgia, and southern florida. I like it down here for the relatively shallow waters and warm weather. I might catch the fish I'm fishing for half my trips out. Don't really care.

I do like some good bass hunting in a lake or some trout river fishing. Have only been Chinook fishing once but it was fun. But yeah, open ocean fishing is my favorite. Hours of boredom followed by a massive fight that could last hours itself.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford