Verified:

spunkybd Game profile

Aug 14th 2014, 20:09:27

What affect do they have on gameplay?

This is my first time playing, and FFA it is since i have no friends.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 14th 2014, 20:26:25

http://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Clan

if you are new to game i suggest you to join on some established tag like tko, panlv or icd and learn the game.

http://wiki.earthempires.com/...ances#Free_For_All_Server
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 14th 2014, 21:06:25

Raging Budda Game profile

Aug 14th 2014, 22:20:43

nice on Prime.

but what Marshal said is right, get your feet wet in one of those alliances, learnin how to build countries in FFA, then come over to CC where I we can teach how to you use your country building skills to produce really good war countries.
Your base is mine!

Xninja Game profile

Aug 15th 2014, 0:07:05

Or join the legion of hated peeps with me in Lords of Chaos :)
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

Little Joker Game profile

Aug 15th 2014, 4:16:05

Just play Solo not many people here make hits so you should be okay.

Desperado Game profile

Aug 15th 2014, 5:43:54

Originally posted by Little Joker:
Just play Solo not many people here make hits so you should be okay.

make yourself a tag first, bear in mind though that there would still be some people out there that would still hit you on occasion, and if you hit them first, there are a lot of people out there that will just bludgeon you to death, because they seem to be afraid of getting new blood in here and would rather have afew extra acres one set, than to have new people coming in

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Link Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 5:35:49

your gonna wanna get tag protection.. so join a decent tag
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Twain Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 13:17:25

To actually answer the question: the "free for all" part simply refers to being able to run multiple countries. Alliance and Free For All are the servers that feature clans/alliances.

You could certainly survive without a clan, but most new players are far better served joining a new clan for two main reasons: 1) your clanmates can teach you strategy on how to best build your countries to succeed, and 2) your clanmates can teach you the "unwritten" rules that exist within the game.

The unwritten rules are generally ones that prevent too much bullying in the game, so they actually can help out new players, but if you don't know them, you'll probably break one of them and someone might kill off your country as retribution.

If you're new to the game, I'd suggest playing back to back sets with different clans, first a netgaining clan to best learn how to build a country, then switching over to a war clan. Then you'll have seen the two main aspects of this game and you'll have at least the basic skills needed to do whatever you want with your countries.

PapaSmurf Game profile

Aug 17th 2014, 15:29:03

LINK sighting

TroyTiger Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 22:31:54

PapaSmurf sighting :-P

Raging Budda Game profile

Aug 18th 2014, 23:42:06

I agree with Twain on the unwritten rule part, it takes a bit of team to learn what is acceptable, what isn't, and how to take advantage of the huge grey area inbetween without getting burned. There are still quite a few of us long time vets playing that don't mind teaching new players. We need new players to learn the game in order to keep this server going, and that realiazation is now shared by many people.
Your base is mine!

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2014, 0:47:19

Very much so!! Ffa is the bestest server!!!

Jen Game profile

Aug 19th 2014, 2:31:44

I had a hard start of it even after creating my own tag, for my string. If you want to really learn how to play, put it out there, and ask for help. Join an established group, and make friends.
I'm still trying to learn, my 4th set now, and this is my first time with an established group and I recommend it very much.
I've had to work a lot of over time this past week, and haven't been as active, but when I'm on, I'm in. :)
Meet some folks and join someone. Anyone to get started. :)
Good luck to you.

Donny Game profile

Aug 19th 2014, 11:36:11

make sure you tag up or you will NOT make it .
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

Link Game profile

Aug 19th 2014, 11:48:39

Originally posted by PapaSmurf:
LINK sighting

/me humps papa
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN