Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2014, 17:47:01

Originally posted by Getafix:
tellarion, in his post that I quoted, puts down conspiracy theorists. I happen to be a prime conspiracy theorist because I created a whole thread about the $21 oil in Bugs and Suggestions and had discusssions with qzjul and others. Even afaik, in his last post on these boards, acknowledged the existence of the $21 oil.

It developed that the $21 oil was being put on the market by a player, and Ebert honourably confessed to the scam.

Without conspiracy theorists such abuse would never be discovered.

The fact is that tellarion has no access to the market data that could incriminate or exonerate an accused market cheat. Only if a situation is escalated to top admin level will market data be accessed, and then not by tellarion, but by admins. This has only happened once that I know of, and it was my conspiracy theories, research using IRC, and reporting of my suspicions that led to the investigation by iZarcon.

So when tellarion says don't submit examples of suspected market cheating without proof, he is blowing smoke and treating us all like morons. Because no-one can prove market cheating without the actual market data unless the cheat owns up. All we can do as players, and as tellarion, is look at patterns and see that cheating is probably going on and should be investigated.
yeah tellarion's post was really bad because it was just outright inaccurate and painted people looking at suspicious things in the market as "conspiracy theorists." yet the $20 oil scandal that you caught was real. h2o having his lackey buy several billion dollars of his food (when he ran his aibophobia country) was real. the cx lae thing, the one round was mrford sure, but in the all-x 30m set the cheating was real and possibly others too. ebert and h2o actually were deleted for their violations.

"In the past, there has never been intentional market fluffery" -tellarion
i dont know how he could say that. extreme whitewashing or temporary amnesia? two people were deleted for it, one of them 7 times.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2014, 17:49:28

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:
Both the Sanks and chowder heads teams and farm systems are in shambles. I love it.
yankees just refuse to go away. yeah they're probably out of it this year but tanaka + pineda has the future of their pitching staff looking pretty good. they'll be back next year im afriad "=[
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2014, 17:51:39

Thanks mrford, I agree with the distinction you make between the insane conspiracies of the likes of gregg and my own reasoned detective work :) But in using the the term "conspiracy theorist" I was quoting the term used by tellarion. It is a negative term with associations of insanity and paranoia.

That certainly isn't the case with me! Absolutely not! And I am sure that really there is no AI program correlating all of my online activities, banking and telephone calls either.

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 18:02:35

that is where the theorists go wrong. just because the government CAN do all that fluff, doesnt mean it does. unless you give them a reason to.

it would cost too much money and too much man power to monitor the lives of every american.

i also think the connotation of "conspiracy theories" is rooted in the word "conspiracy." to me this means a group of people working together, insinuating a grand scheme, generally alluded to governments. i understand this isnt the definition of the word, but it is the common perception imo.

Edited By: mrford on Sep 6th 2014, 18:05:17
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ssewellusmc

Sep 6th 2014, 18:13:40

Tanaka will spend half of every year on the DL.

CX LaE Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 18:15:23

Some $7k+ Ag tech sold! OMG! Conspiracy!
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 18:19:58

it was me

im running that rep casher with max agri tech for efficiency strat

i predict a t150 finish

Edited By: mrford on Sep 6th 2014, 18:22:33
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Viceroy Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 18:22:50

Originally posted by mrford:
it would cost too much money and too much man power to monitor the lives of every american.

Well, sure, if you assume the monitoring is active or near real-time...
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 18:24:44

that would be the definition of monitoring, and not reviewing data, wouldnt it? and even going back over and reviewing all the data, would be too difficult. just because some info is in a database, doesnt mean it will be used, or even viewed. there has to be a query, or a reason for review.

it is like if someone takes a picture, and you are in the background. do you really think the person that took the picture cares? you wernt the focus. but if you do something stupid, that picture can be used.

personally i think the surveillance programs do more good than harm. for now.

Edited By: mrford on Sep 6th 2014, 18:27:07
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Viceroy Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 18:30:07

What about Snowden's allegations that NSA employees are involved in the hacked celebrity photo trading scandal?

If it is queryable, then it will be queried.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 18:33:01

lol

so when a photo surfaced with a dominos employee spitting on a pizza, dominos gave that order

Edited By: mrford on Sep 6th 2014, 18:51:56
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 18:39:13

Originally posted by Viceroy:
If it is queryable, then it will be queried.

i hope you understand how silly that statement right there is.

i have a gun, i could shoot anyone i see in the face. i dont. the ability to do something doesnt equate to intention or even inevitability of that action.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 18:51:18

also, you would be a conspiracy theorist. one with a hyper capable view of the government. trust me, the government is just as fluffed up and disorganized as any fortune 500 company. they make mistakes like anyone else. they dont have a plan for everything. but they also dont care what the average american is doing. that would be companies that care about that. be more concerned about google and other commerce companies gathering your personal info and habits. not the government.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Viceroy Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 19:10:24

Everything you just said in that last post is fact. It is also why I am fearful of both the government and corporations.

But at least with corporations, they only want to take my money...

Edited By: Viceroy on Sep 6th 2014, 19:15:01
See Original Post

Viceroy Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 19:13:14

Also, to be perfectly honest, I'm more afraid of foreign governments gathering my personal info and habits, but that is neither here nor there.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2014, 19:22:07

Originally posted by Viceroy:
What about Snowden's allegations that NSA employees are involved in the hacked celebrity photo trading scandal?
Are you sure Snowden actually said anything like this

Viceroy Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 19:24:45

Unclear, though I thought I saw it somewhere. He definitely said this though: http://www.businessinsider.com/...ew-on-naked-photos-2014-7 and really, what's the difference?

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 19:25:36

if you frequent the same sites as some of the other conspiracy theorists i know, you arnt exactly reading unbiased fact sheets.

edit: that link basically says the NSA has humans working for it. you would act in the same manner, if you say otherwise, you are a liar.

Edited By: mrford on Sep 6th 2014, 19:29:19
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Viceroy Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 19:26:46

That may be true, but as a holder of a security clearance myself, links like this are of great interest to me: http://www.pbs.org/...yees-security-clearances/

ssewellusmc

Sep 6th 2014, 19:29:11

Generally not wise to advertise clearances.

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 19:32:14

so, you would rather the government not monitor the people it entrusts with its secrets?

would you be offended of a company enacted the same policy?

i dont think you understand what "monitor" means. it doesnt mean someone is sitting there watching you on a screen 24/7. there is probably a program scanning electronic data for key words, and if a flag is raised, then a further investigation is ordered. seems pretty reasonable to me.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mdevol Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 19:32:22

Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

ssewellusmc

Sep 6th 2014, 19:34:41

And secret clearances were granted to everyone without felony murder or rape.... they have a good reason to worry at this point.

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 19:36:27

lol

there are many explanations for any given event, conspiracy theorists generally tend to jump to the extreme side because they enter a situation with preexisting bias. that is the difference. they are looking for facts to support their views, not the truth.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

deezyboy Game profile

Sep 6th 2014, 23:16:31

>makes thread about conspiracys
>turns out theres some earth illuminati shadowy figured above tella in the chain of command
>government agents pop up

welp i'm out
*tips tinfoil*

Alin Game profile

Sep 7th 2014, 11:20:51

Originally posted by blid:
if youre not an orioles fan youre a fan of the wrong team.

The most funny part of all this is that i am a fan of NY Yankees and Red Sox. I know - how is that even possible ?

Well i am into baseball for like 4-5 years. I learned the game basically from 0 - all i knew before, was there are bats in the game, similar to the one i carry in my car and a ball like in tennis, excepts it is white. And Babe Ruth.

Than i learned the game, usually when i have a lot of time on hand in weekends i study the pitchers and the outfielders and bet on what i believe to be the best line up. In 4 years of betting i have around 20k profit out of baseball ( i am a general gambler and i do bet baseball, football(soccer) and tennis but never mix them up ). Tried hockey to for a period - but failed miserably and left that sport aside.

So Yankees and Sox fan like is said. :). Well i know what being rivals means - i used to follow my football ( soccer ) team hundred of kilometers when playing away in my youth. But Sox and Yankees brought me half of those baseball winnings. Up until last and current year - when they look weaker than before. But i laid back a little the last 12 months and didn`t played on them that much. Both Sox and Yankees had extraordinary pitchers seasons ago - now their pitchers are a joke ( with few exceptions ).

On the opposite side - there are the Cubs. I fluffing hate the Cubs, one of the weakest teams there. Still they fluff up with my betting since ever. Including this week performance when they beat MIL 3 times in a row - and i lost on every single day. + they fluffed me, on a superb combo of mine of 1700 USD in June, odds of 85 ( all baseball ) with 20 USD as stake, and they mop the floor with Washington. I will never forget that loosing bet. An shortly in july i loose another 800 usd because the beat the Sox ( 3 times in row away ).

So ... Go Yankees go Sox ( if that is even possible :P ). fluff Cubs.

P.S: i am also starting to like Orioles - might switch if they match my wining scheme hehe

Edited By: Alin on Sep 7th 2014, 11:31:21

blid

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2014, 18:15:14

Hehe well you're not a true fan of the Yankees and Red Sox, so it makes sense. You're just a gambler that likes the teams that make you money :D~

Alin Game profile

Sep 7th 2014, 18:21:37

nope - i am a fan now. Money made me like them but when i do not bet i still want them to win, and cheer for.

The derbies however - leave me in fog and i am not sure who to cheer for.

NAC1772 Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 16:01:24

bonus

butt

Sep 8th 2014, 16:55:40

bonus