Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2014, 19:38:37

Killed due to their ignorance, ban all flights from the countries affected by Ebola virus now!!!!!!!

Let me paint this picture...

What's to stop dozens of terrorists from going to the sources of Ebola virus, purposely contracting the virus then each of them going to a different major US city and start spreading the virus?

Ya, simple, cheap and with catastrophic consequences for us....

Our flufftarded president needs to wake the fluff up!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

VicRattlehead Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 19:42:01

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2014, 19:57:27

You think it's funny?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 20:43:55

what stops terrorists to travel to europe 1st and from there buy ticket to yankeeland? nothing and they wouldn't be coming from ebola-countries either so they wouldn't get stopped with your idea.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2014, 20:49:53

As soon as US does it, Europe will follow suit, Egypt and South Africa are doing it now. They are smart.
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 20:53:27

Ebola sucks, but it hasn't really ever been up against first world medicine and medical infrastructure. Most of the symptoms that the victims in Africa are dying from are fairly easily treatable here in the US and the CDC has full on contingency plans. There was a missionary from my home town, was one of the first 2 Americans to contract it. She was flown home on a special plane and treated by the CDC in ATL. She is perfectly fine now and is giving local and national news interviews.

It has been kind of a joke "if you want to cure ebola, infect an american" but part of that sentiment is true. In the past he threat has been very low, fairly rare, and outbreaks easily contained. If the US had to ramp up its operation I'm fairly confident in its capabilities, atleast against ebola.

Ebola would be one of the worst choices for biological weapons imo. Only transfered through direct contact with someone who is showing symptoms.

Edited By: mrford on Oct 3rd 2014, 20:57:57
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Marshal Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 20:58:55

there is (supposedly) cure against ebola but its still under testing (no idea if its upto animal testing).

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2014, 20:59:55

Originally posted by mrford:
Ebola sucks, but it hasn't really ever been up against first world medacine. Most of the symptoms that the victims in Africa are dying from are fairly easily treatable here in the US and the CDC has full on contingency plans. There was a missionary from my home town, wad ok need of the first 2 Americans to contract it. She is perfectly fine now and is giving local and national news interviews. It ihas been kind of a joke "if you want to cure ebila, infect an american" but part of that sentiment is true. The threat has been very low and outbreaks easily contaimed. If the US had to ramp up its operation I'm fairly confident in its capabilities, atleast against ebola.

Ebola would be one of the worst choices for biological weapons imo. Only transfered through direct contact with someone who is showing symptoms.

I don't trust government anymore, they say they are ready with contingency plans, but are they in a full scale attack to every major city?, I pray they are!
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 21:02:06

It has been used successfully in animal and I believe in a handful of human cases but I have no news on success rates.

The problem is there is no long term tests with this drug. If you start administering it in large numbers, and down the road some ungodly side effect comes to pass, we'll that is a problem and massive liability.

Edited By: mrford on Oct 3rd 2014, 21:12:51
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 21:04:50

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Ebola sucks, but it hasn't really ever been up against first world medacine. Most of the symptoms that the victims in Africa are dying from are fairly easily treatable here in the US and the CDC has full on contingency plans. There was a missionary from my home town, wad ok need of the first 2 Americans to contract it. She is perfectly fine now and is giving local and national news interviews. It ihas been kind of a joke "if you want to cure ebila, infect an american" but part of that sentiment is true. The threat has been very low and outbreaks easily contaimed. If the US had to ramp up its operation I'm fairly confident in its capabilities, atleast against ebola.

I don't trust government anymore, they say they are ready with contingency plans, but are they in a full scale attack to every major city?, I pray they are!

I don't think ebola works the way you think it does. It is something like 50% fatal in third world countries. It has a really slow transfer method, and a short contagious window, only once symptoms start to show.

I'm not saying it couldn't be bad, but it isn't going to bring about the apocalypse
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2014, 21:16:19

Imagine this by the thousands in every major city...

http://m.bbc.com/.../world-us-canada-29462431

That's chaotic situation...
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 21:23:09

My point stands. Less than 4,000 have died in third world countries without a shadow of our infastructure.

There are far more effective terrorist weapons. If you spend all day worrying about what could happen, you will never leave your house.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

elvesrus

Oct 3rd 2014, 21:43:58

It has been used successfully in animal and I believe in a handful of human cases but I have no news on success rates.

The problem is there is no long term tests with this drug. If you start administering it in large numbers, and down the road some ungodly side effect comes to pass, we'll that is a problem and massive liability.

pretty sure it was 5/7 for the humans and 22/22 monkey survival rate
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Riddler Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 21:58:32

unless you are touching bodily fluids from an ebola victim you're not really gonna catch it too easily

VicRattlehead Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 22:04:54

There has been a third strain identified that appears to have been passed on through the air. It is at present vanishingly rare.

mrford Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 22:06:14

Third strain? There are 5 known strains, only 4 in humans. The fifth is primate only.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 22:09:45

There are fears that if it keeps jumping from human to human it could mutate, but I havnt heard of any confirmed reports of that.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 22:17:36

Originally posted by elvesrus:

pretty sure it was 5/7 for the humans and 22/22 monkey survival rate

i thought africans were dying all over the place?

what? too soon?

major Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 22:47:24

remember the movie " i am legend"......

mrford Game profile

Oct 3rd 2014, 22:51:15

100% different disease and transmission method.

That's like saying getting hit in the face by a stuffed animal, and sledge hammer, are similar. Technically, sure. In reality? One is much much worse.

You can't compare rabid zombies to body fluid transmission lol.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2014, 22:58:57

lmao
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

BlueCow

Oct 4th 2014, 0:14:56

I remember reading a book about ebola and one of the airborne strains they found didn't effect people only monkeys
Slagpit
Mar 31st 2024, 15:13:02

If you sincerely believe that the game admins are lying to you then you should obviously quit the game.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 4th 2014, 0:27:22

Daz Game profile

Oct 4th 2014, 0:31:07

Required physical contact transmission isn't as bad over there, where there are villages and dirt roads and 1 in 1k people owns something with an engine, as opposed to a major city hub.

If someone were to intentionally try spreading it, the results Could be quite terrible. Figure 30-48 hours of limited mobility with flu like symptoms. While noone likes being coughed on, for the most part people are tolerant of those who are sick near them.

And last time I checked, there are ZERO viruses/viral infections we can treat/cure/kill. You treat the symptoms and let the body fight it out. That we can do substantially better then anywhere in Africa. With that being said, if youre insides start to turn into a bloody soup, there's no treatment for that.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 4th 2014, 0:56:45

Originally posted by Daz:
Required physical contact transmission isn't as bad over there, where there are villages and dirt roads and 1 in 1k people owns something with an engine, as opposed to a major city hub.

If someone were to intentionally try spreading it, the results Could be quite terrible. Figure 30-48 hours of limited mobility with flu like symptoms. While noone likes being coughed on, for the most part people are tolerant of those who are sick near them.

And last time I checked, there are ZERO viruses/viral infections we can treat/cure/kill. You treat the symptoms and let the body fight it out. That we can do substantially better then anywhere in Africa. With that being said, if youre insides start to turn into a bloody soup, there's no treatment for that.

Yes, what bothers me is that the government doesn't seem to believe or is ignoring the fact that this virus is got great potential of evolving to air borne status as time goes by and is spreading faster than it is being eradicated.
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Oct 4th 2014, 1:02:24

"great potential"

you are fear mongering right now and not even speaking truths. what do you want the government to do? what are your proposed solutions?

as for Africa not having travel, that is far outweighed by quality of medical care, and customs regarding their dead. their communities tend to be much more close knit as well. a cultural phenomenon that prevents them from following quarantine protocols limiting infection from terminally ill or those who are already dead. comparing the situations is all but impossible really.

if you want to talk about terrorists using an infections disease to kill americans and cause panic, ebola is far from optimal. you are freaking out because it is on the news cycle. ebola outbreaks happen every couple years. granted never this big, but still.

Edited By: mrford on Oct 4th 2014, 1:09:07
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Daz Game profile

Oct 4th 2014, 1:18:59

Unless youre suggesting wiping out all life in those parts of Africa, and I mean ALL life, not just the people... we can't eradicate the virus. We dont know the carrier/start/patient Zero/Host of the virus. It's "assumed" an animal bite/scratch, but still widely unknown.

Stop letting the govt/newsies fearmonger you. The day a US president fails to respond to a WMD deployed against the population of the US is the day a USSS agent shoots him in the back of the head for treason.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 4th 2014, 1:24:18

Well fordy, God forbid I'm on to something and you are correct in our response protocols if it did play out...
(•_•)

major Game profile

Oct 4th 2014, 14:50:24

my point was missed about the "i am legend" movie... i was talking about the reasons the zombies came to be. it was the result of a new vaccine that was thought to be a cure for cancer....

tellarion Game profile

Oct 4th 2014, 16:12:51

Koh, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on measles, tuberculosis, malaria and the Central African Republic.

Trife Game profile

Oct 4th 2014, 19:12:38

Fear monger much, koh?

Youre alot more likely to be killed while driving, where is the outrage. Also, since all of,our citizenry is armed, we can defend ourselves against ebola. Guns solve everything duh.

Im gonna wager that the ebola "outbreak" is the rallying battle cry du jour on foxnews.. Haha

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Oct 5th 2014, 2:14:20

KoH ....my friend, i expected this from cerberus, not you!
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Nuketon Game profile

Oct 5th 2014, 3:33:05

Oh no! Weren't we warned of this in some movie from 1997? Outbreak right?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 5th 2014, 5:08:57

you're way more likely to be killed by the gun you own than ebola.

plus a bunch of scientists in Winnipeg apparently made a vaccine/treatment for ebola or something because the were bored and there was nothing else to do in Winnipeg.

Edited By: Pang on Oct 5th 2014, 5:11:46
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

iccyh Game profile

Oct 5th 2014, 7:57:50

How can you seriously be worried about this? What a joke.

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Oct 5th 2014, 15:13:07

hope that crazy little ebola bug likes to drink and dance. i'z getting a bit bored with watching the bedbugs do their silly drunken Snoopy dance everytime they bite me.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 5th 2014, 18:27:12

LOL. I love you all :-D
(•_•)

Heston Game profile

Oct 5th 2014, 18:38:28

Dear koh

Joe Biden explains how Ebola is like ISIS
http://www.cnn.com/...den-ebola-isis/index.html

Lol.

❤Heston
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Trife Game profile

Oct 5th 2014, 21:29:19

Originally posted by tellarion:
Koh, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on measles, tuberculosis, malaria and the Central African Republic.

it's funny that tella's question hasn't been responded to. funny, but not unsurprising in the least.

i still kinda believe that heston/cerberus/koh are all the same individual, but depending on what personality is showing depends on what nickname he or she posts under

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 5th 2014, 21:37:11

So here's a thought about the terrorists...
If they were to contract the virus, bring it to the usa, where I'm possitive they have facilities set up for disease testing and what have you, then hybrid the ebola virus with polio or bird flu or even aids for that matter...who knows what kind of set up the healthcare system has set up for a random hybrid virus that potentially spreads through touch, blood, saliva, air, etc...could turn out almost like the resident evil story line...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 5th 2014, 23:57:21

Originally posted by Trife:

it's funny that tella's question hasn't been responded to. funny, but not unsurprising in the least.

i still kinda believe that heston/cerberus/koh are all the same individual, but depending on what personality is showing depends on what nickname he or she posts under

No thoughts whatsoever...
(•_•)

Heston Game profile

Oct 6th 2014, 1:41:03

To respond to tella, those are all diseases you get a vaccination for before you come to America from central africa, which is a fluffhole .

Trife will be a bit more original as soon as he is up to speed with what Hillary would want him to say.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

blid

EE Patron

Oct 6th 2014, 2:32:42

im not as sold on there being a cure/vaccine proven yet but uh i dont think there's much chance of an epidemic here in the US just because of the way it's transmitted...
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 6th 2014, 2:45:52

Originally posted by Heston:
Dear koh

Joe Biden explains how Ebola is like ISIS
http://www.cnn.com/...den-ebola-isis/index.html

Lol.

❤Heston

Delicious LOL
(•_•)

Garry Owen Game profile

Oct 6th 2014, 2:46:09

How come no one in any position of authority has ever watched Resident Evil? Or even The Omega Man ?

Bonus post. :)

tellarion Game profile

Oct 6th 2014, 13:10:19

Originally posted by Heston:

To respond to tella, those are all diseases you get a vaccination for before you come to America from central africa, which is a fluffhole .

Trife will be a bit more original as soon as he is up to speed with what Hillary would want him to say.

You get two points for connecting the dots :)

But seriously, I think KoH is trolling at this point. If so, then my post doesn't matter. If he's not, I think he should tell me how scared he is of those other diseases I mentioned.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 6th 2014, 15:19:34

/facepalm
Why would anyone be scared of diseases that there's a vaccine for?
(•_•)

tellarion Game profile

Oct 6th 2014, 15:22:33

Koh, are you seriously worried about an Ebola outbreak in the US? Or terrorists 'weaponizing' it? If you are, then I'll delve into the relevance of my post. If you're just trolling, please please let me know so I don't waste my time :D

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Oct 6th 2014, 15:28:59

there's something like 200 better choices for a weaponized disease :P

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 6th 2014, 15:32:10

No, I'm just cautious and wondering why not avoid issues and do what South Africa and Egypt already did, simple.
(•_•)