Verified:

Neil30 Game profile

Nov 6th 2014, 8:14:33

make it so lower ranked people can hit back against bottem feeders in GDI and ill come back, im too lazy to be aother high ranked no talent gdi bottem feeder :P

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 6th 2014, 21:03:22

Agreed
The EEVIL Empire

VicRattlehead Game profile

Nov 6th 2014, 22:33:35

Yes, the GDI rules are problematic.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2014, 22:40:51

And yet look at what happened to SkyKing last set for not joining. Too many idiots out there, without GDI your 2-month investment can go down the drain

Ofc this is what I always propose...

if you have been grabbed once by a GDI country, you may:
a) do 5 special attacks or
b) send 1 missile

this way, carrying a lot of nukes and warfare tech or going all tanks can still scare people away from grabbing you, but you're not able to just ruin any random person's round entirely because of a single tap or for no reason at all. Plus this would keep GDI countries from running around with 0 tanks and bs like that. Might make SDI tech actually start selling?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2014, 22:43:36

Also it would be amusing to see how people react to eating a nuke or 5 ABs. Would they try to "teach that little punk a lesson" with a beatdown or a farming operation? Or would they just move on? would be fun to observe
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Nov 6th 2014, 23:04:53

Originally posted by blid:
And yet look at what happened to SkyKing last set for not joining. Too many idiots out there, without GDI your 2-month investment can go down the drain

Ofc this is what I always propose...

if you have been grabbed once by a GDI country, you may:
a) do 5 special attacks or
b) send 1 missile

this way, carrying a lot of nukes and warfare tech or going all tanks can still scare people away from grabbing you, but you're not able to just ruin any random person's round entirely because of a single tap or for no reason at all. Plus this would keep GDI countries from running around with 0 tanks and bs like that. Might make SDI tech actually start selling?

That might be a much better compromise than what I had in mind - GDI protects from random suicides, but only one attack "breaks" it. I would think missiles should just be lumped in with special attacks though, choose your targets carefully!

h2orich Game profile

Nov 7th 2014, 0:50:05

blid, we will be eating 1 missile for every LG we do, you bottom feed for 400 acres and get NMed for 1000. you like that? it's not hard to produce 1 missile.

Nov 7th 2014, 1:50:46

Carry Sdi man. Why should they have no recourse?

eManny Game profile

Nov 7th 2014, 3:12:01

Well not necessarily h2o, most of the guys that the top dudes grab get hit like 20 times. So not everyone will eat a missile.

But I do agree that it would be too excessive, still, so I don't think it's feasible.

crest23 Game profile

Nov 7th 2014, 4:51:05

Farming would ensue. Just like in Tourney.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2014, 13:48:39

If they get chippy and send a missile at you, they've broken GDI. You can disable any other missiles they have and farm the snot out of them. Most of these guys wouldn't hit back anyway, and if they wanted to, wouldn't have enough missiles for everyone, and cruise missiles don't do jack and chems would be worth the trade imo. Or get SDI!

To argue the other side for a second though...
Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
Carry Sdi man. Why should they have no recourse?
Because they're bad? They do have recourse, it's called a retal, and it will take 10x as much as they lost.

Nov 7th 2014, 22:04:22

They are not always "bad." Last set in tourney I was double tapped oop and had an early war, when I was double tapped later it was because I was lower in the score list not because I was "bad." (and yes, I warred again).

alexsiki Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 6:11:58

I like the old system where you can cause big problems to larger countries. If you happen to big a big country then be careful who you bottom feed on

h2orich Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 8:07:16

Originally posted by alexsiki:
I like the old system where you can cause big problems to larger countries. If you happen to big a big country then be careful who you bottom feed on

I'll be those countries that are to be careful of every set.

Neil30 Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 9:34:25

I actually like the limited retal idea :P
the big countries are never careful these days lol, no tanks or sdi lolz

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2014, 16:55:22

You can neil. Private message me and I'll team up with you and teach you how.

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 16th 2014, 17:46:47

I still think the small countries should be allowed to hit back with whatever. Big guys should have to be careful and defend what they got with more tanks, troops, sdi, etc. This adds an additional element of chance along with a heightened level of skill, timing, and planning to break out and away from the general population and reduce chances of combat.

Otherwise you can just plug your info into your spreadsheets and follow your computers advise on a turn for turn formula to win. A game of who wrote the better spreadsheets. Booooring!!
The EEVIL Empire

Nov 16th 2014, 19:17:04

Originally posted by Serpentor:
I still think the small countries should be allowed to hit back with whatever. Big guys should have to be careful and defend what they got with more tanks, troops, sdi, etc. This adds an additional element of chance along with a heightened level of skill, timing, and planning to break out and away from the general population and reduce chances of combat.

Otherwise you can just plug your info into your spreadsheets and follow your computers advise on a turn for turn formula to win. A game of who wrote the better spreadsheets. Booooring!!

It's like I thought it but you said it. It must be telepathy.

SkyKing Game profile

Nov 16th 2014, 19:52:48

Didn't you used to be able to spit on big guys if you were little and not in GDI?

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 16th 2014, 22:14:43

Yup, in the old days. It really was an achievement to get through a set and place a t 10 in the old earth 1B. You had to have the skill, which was the easy part, then you had to have the better target selection, timing, tact, negotiation skills, manipulation skills, Etc.

So many wars, so many missiles flying, so many in game negotiations, so many suiciders, so many good times....
The EEVIL Empire

SkyKing Game profile

Nov 16th 2014, 22:27:23

I would always get taken out moving up on solo servers. A group of guys would just mark you for no reason and then GS you into the dirt.

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 17:39:45

My mistake was jumping to the top too early most of the time and then getting missiled. Lol
The EEVIL Empire

UpTheIrons Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 17:47:45

I like the idea of GDI as an option, but being able to only retal GDI countries with a SS/PS for non-GDI countries is frustrating.

I think it would make sense if GDI countries had the rules, as they exist now, for other countries in GDI.

Non-GDI could only hit GDI countries with SS/PS, unless a GDI country SS/PS'd them first. Then let them have at it. GDI countries would have to stick to grabbing other GDI countries to enjoy the benefit of not getting retal'd with a special attack.

As it stands now, non-GDI countries have to defend both against suicides and regular LG's and have enough jets to hit back. This can be a lot to manage when your opponent is just focused on jets and turrets.

The presence of missiles and tanks has no deterrent effect to GDI countries who only plan on grabbing once. Kind of a waste for such a powerful aspect of the game. Also makes SDI useless for those who do not break GDI.