Verified:

Riddler Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 11:56:28

A friend of mine was at teh bar the other night and the security came up to him at the end of the night and said, "I need to take your drink sir, it's after 2 a.m. My friend replied(with full new jack and coke in hand) "Oh that's ok I already drank all the alchohol out of this one it's just coke left now" to which the security guard answered " oh, ok, thanks have a nice night"

wow....These are not the droids you are looking for.....

xXx360xN0xSc0pExNu

Nov 17th 2014, 13:49:23

mad tight dope story brah

arthog Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 13:53:41

mmmmm jacks

Trife Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 14:38:43

of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most

Ruthie

Nov 17th 2014, 15:44:34

I thought you had to buy them by 2am, not drink them by then.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

ddog Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 16:59:11

Pro tip: Find a Bar, go there every weekend for 6 months, tip the bartender 10 bucks every drink, talk to security frequently. Before you know it you will be getting out of this world deals, free drinks will flow liked never before and security will be throwing out anyone that looks at you wrong...even if its only in your head.

juice Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 17:46:57

Originally posted by ddog:
Pro tip: Find a Bar, go there every weekend for 6 months, tip the bartender 10 bucks every drink, talk to security frequently. Before you know it you will be getting out of this world deals, free drinks will flow liked never before and security will be throwing out anyone that looks at you wrong...even if its only in your head.

for that kind of money, just buy a bar.

ddog Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 19:18:29

You cant buy a bar for 5 grand.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 17th 2014, 20:01:05

What is the allure of bars for regular drinking after the age of 25 anyway?

I consider it to be a more expensive, dirtier, louder, more crowded place to drink/watch sports compared to going to my (or someone else's) comfy, comfy house. Plus I need to get to + from the bar which is more annoying than getting to/from someone's house safely.

Then when you do go it makes the night seem more special because you're out doing things rather than just another regular night out.

And I say this having gone to bars at least 2 times per week from the ages of 18-24 :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

trumper Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 21:23:45

Originally posted by Pang:

I consider it to be a more expensive, dirtier, louder, more crowded place to drink/watch sports compared to going to my (or someone else's) comfy, comfy house. Plus I need to get to + from the bar which is more annoying than getting to/from someone's house safely.

Then when you do go it makes the night seem more special because you're out doing things rather than just another regular night out.

And I say this having gone to bars at least 2 times per week from the ages of 18-24 :p

In the over 30 crowd, the biggest reason I like bars is that I have absolutely zero to do with the planning, cleaning, or preparation of the damn place. I love having friends over for poker, to watch a big game, etc. I do not enjoy the pre-and-post cleaning, buying beer for the masses, and/or related things like grilling, buying the cigars, etc.

Of course, I also avoid the loud and rowdy bars except on rare work trips with colleagues when we're on the last night somewhere.

Trife Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 21:25:01

bars are good if you're trying to collect STDs like you would pokemons

Riddler Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 22:56:12

Ruthie in Oklahoma they close down the bar at 2 and ask you to leave, however you cannot take drinks outside with you.

major Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 23:21:54

in GA you can never take drinks outside with you

ddog Game profile

Nov 17th 2014, 23:56:42

24 here, the appeal is still strong ;)

mrford Game profile

Nov 18th 2014, 0:14:43

Club? No thanks

Bar? fluff yeah. As long as you got good wings and solid beers on tap. I got a couple local joints I frequent for games and weekly wing specials.

It is also nice to have a couple hours respite from the kids and work. Cold beer and wings make it that much sweeter.

I dont close places out anymore though. I feel old as fluff but I'm rarely out past midnight. Unless it is a special occasion or some fluff.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2014, 0:24:03

Then when you do go it makes the night seem more special because you're out doing thiings rather than just another regular night out.

Good God, the end is near!!!, agreed 100% :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2014, 1:13:26

From about 1982 to 2000 I was a sales rep in some very large territories, travelling around, living in motels. It was fun to go to the local bars to meet people and play pool, and have a few shots. Its a lifelong habit.

ssewellusmc

Nov 18th 2014, 1:18:35

Originally posted by Riddler:
Ruthie in Oklahoma they close down the bar at 2 and ask you to leave, however you cannot take drinks outside with you.

They also serve subpar pissed water they market as beer...

Riddler Game profile

Nov 18th 2014, 3:12:44

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:

Hence the jack and coke

Trife Game profile

Nov 18th 2014, 3:18:41

ssewell's more of a zima man

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2014, 5:34:59

Ddog are you by chance a bartender? Or least work in That industry? Lol 10$ tip/ drink is insane! Specially on 2$ beer night!!

And mr.ford has it down with wing night!!!

-Tirol

Nov 18th 2014, 11:18:49

I have to side with Pang as well heh. Not to mention if you stay out of the bars, going back into one after hiatus is a much better experience and an excuse for your friends to let their hair down a bit.

Penguine Game profile

Nov 18th 2014, 11:50:37

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:

That's pretty much every bar in Oklahoma.

#100thPost

Edited By: Penguine on Nov 18th 2014, 11:53:47. Reason: Because I'm awesome.
See Original Post

bstrong86 Game profile

Nov 18th 2014, 13:48:46

I quit drinking for about a year. Basically the span that my wife found out she was preggers and to the time after adalynn was born when she was ready to drink. The bars serve their purpose.

See fluffty chicks doing fluffty things that you normally dont see any where else.

An occasional fight, usually of the fall down drunken variety.

Pool

Darts

The occasional pot luck sundays around here

We try to to go out with other couples. So its like we are more grown or some fluff but i think we are all jist trying to relive days gone by. We do the occasional kegger everycother month or so. Which ends with a tapped keg amd a trip to the bar anyways and a poker night. But a solid night out costs us about 2-300$. Which is no joke and not sure how i end upbdoing it.. we plan our nights out according to me completing a bigger job sowe have the extra cash to blow. I do however feel like complete fluff after closing a bar down for about 72hrs anymore. Getting older sucks!

Hoqever my favorite nights are themed nights. Such as halloween. Went to the best halloween party ive ever been to a few weeks ago.
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Nov 18th 2014, 13:50:06

Wow slu.tty showed up as flullty lawls
The Death Knights

XI

Atryn Game profile

Nov 18th 2014, 14:28:16

Originally posted by bstrong86:
I quit drinking for about a year. Basically the span that my wife found out she was preggers and to the time after adalynn was born when she was ready to drink. The bars serve their purpose.

Wow, you let your daughter start drinking early!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2014, 15:02:56

Must be British. My Mum was leaving me on the balcony every day for a while when I was 3 months old (Toronto in Feb) and giving me my daily constitutional.. G&T

Karnage XZ

Nov 18th 2014, 22:39:22

Originally posted by mrford:
Club? No thanks

Bar? fluff yeah. As long as you got good wings and solid beers on tap. I got a couple local joints I frequent for games and weekly wing specials.

It is also nice to have a couple hours respite from the kids and work. Cold beer and wings make it that much sweeter.

I dont close places out anymore though. I feel old as fluff but I'm rarely out past midnight. Unless it is a special occasion or some fluff.

You need to make some wings in that smoker of yours. What kind of meat smoker do you have again?
Do as I say, not as I do.

mrford Game profile

Nov 18th 2014, 22:41:06

It is a masterbuilt 30 inch. Nothing special.

I have made some wings, and they are dope, but something is to be said for good bar wings. The lack of need for prep and cleanup come to mind! Lol
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Karnage XZ

Nov 18th 2014, 22:47:33

Is it electric or wood?
Do as I say, not as I do.

mrford Game profile

Nov 18th 2014, 23:29:01

Electric. I have a wood smoker but it is a lot of effort to maintain a steady temp.

The electric smoker still takes wood chips and chunks and has a water pan and all that good fluff.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Nov 18th 2014, 23:52:19

Swagger of a Chupacabra

Riddler Game profile

Nov 19th 2014, 0:27:37

electric smokers are for lazy pansy asses :P although I'd love to have one haha

mrford Game profile

Nov 19th 2014, 0:31:58

like i said. temperature regulation.

when you are smoking something for 12+ hours, a wood fired smoker is a pain in the ass.

i have seen a lot of food ruined by a tard adding too much wood and catching the drip pan on fire or something similar.

it is like the gas or charcoal debate for grilling. ofc charcoal is better, but gas is extremely convenient and piratical.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dissident Game profile

Nov 19th 2014, 2:17:54

pubs win over clubs.

ddog Game profile

Nov 19th 2014, 8:28:01

Originally posted by jjterrico:
Ddog are you by chance a bartender? Or least work in That industry? Lol 10$ tip/ drink is insane! Specially on 2$ beer night!!

Nope, just have money to burn I guess.

tellarion Game profile

Nov 19th 2014, 16:12:56

Originally posted by major:
in GA you can never take drinks outside with you

In Japan, it's legal everywhere :) I see old dudes drinking beer on the train almost every day, haha. There's nothing better than grabbing cheap beers at a convenience store and walking to the park or down the street. Definitely one of the better parts of Japan!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2014, 17:41:22

I love sake :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Nov 19th 2014, 20:38:46

dude... if i wanted to buy you a drink, i would have done it before last call... get your hands off my booze before i bounce your head off the bar.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.