Feb 5th 2015, 0:10:50

Grow up, you infant: http://i.imgur.com/sG7eczg.png
FREEEEEDOM!!!

hawkeyee Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 0:19:06

Are tehy from ZAP?
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

TAN Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 0:22:17

Yeah.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

braden Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 0:44:01

but i thought tan and his pdm was past suiciders, as they are the honourable or respectable alliance that we all fail to be :(

TAN Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 0:45:38

I think it's the same guy from iMag that suicided on us without provocation (literally, no one hit him). Maybe someone from iMag could give me that person's IP address (via pm)?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 1:04:49

this sucks.

braden Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 1:53:07

my attempt at sarcasm above was.. poorly lame.. as i thought lcn and pdm had the same guy hitting us .. now it may occur to me that it might not be.. either way, suiciding is lame !

En4cer Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 2:01:50

LaF just got 361 applications from him. Would u mind doing something else for ur fluffs n giggles please.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2015, 2:08:29

Someone's got time in their lives...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2015, 2:42:21

Originally posted by En4cer:
LaF just got 361 applications from him. Would u mind doing something else for ur fluffs n giggles please.

Get to work en4!

archaic Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 4:47:41

This, to me, is the kind of abuse that the mods should look into. I think vacation time is perhaps due.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Riddler Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 12:40:25

oh this explains a lot we got 182 apps from him we thought it was an old member Zap coming back

archaic Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 12:45:33

He was #622, 627, 633, 641, 646 - I am not sure which of the suicider countries he was prior to that. As I said on B&S

Originally posted by archaic:

I want to make something very clear also, I am not against suiciding per-say, it can be one of the few tools the small and oppressed have to influence potential oppressors, or as a means of making a political statement. However, there is a difference between suiciding an alliance that you feel has oppressed you, and being a serial abuser that seeks only to harm and diminish the play experience of others.

There is no place in the game for somebody like this. Numbers are low enough without this aggravation.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 13:53:50

Technically he IS playing the game. If he was in fact doing something wrong, than he would have been banned. You mean to tell me that this guy was never farmed throughout the set? Than you all want to post on these forum threads talking about how the game cannot afford to have a player who does these things. But you were all doing the same crap to him when you were farming him. Your a bunch of hypocrites.
Do as I say, not as I do.

archaic Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 14:05:24

Zap (?) has made over 300 false applications to numerous alliance, he is indiscriminately suiciding several tags that have not hit him, and he refuses to negotiate or discuss his reasoning.

Believe me, TAN and I have both suicided alliances in this game, so we know we are pots pointing at the kettle. But we both did it for reasons that were clearly spelled out to our targets. A terrorist that never makes demands or claims responsibility is just doing it to watch fluff burn. Real life mods tend to pretty freely use the ban hammer with those guys.

This is the difference between Yasser Arafat and Tim McVay.

Well, I have strayed perilously close to violating Godwins Law AND I just started a sentence with the word 'but', so I am done with this topic. See ya next set ZAP.

Bombay Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 14:51:37

Same suicider got me right in the middle of switching/destocking. How he knew exactly when I was doing it is beyond me, cost me about 40m NW.

Trife Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 15:41:58

suiciding might be part of the game, don't ban the asshole for that

making 300+ apps to multiple alliances is not part of the game, ban him for that :)

BladeEWG Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 16:29:11

I have no love lost on suiciders
Off with their heads!!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2015, 17:42:14

Griefing is a fatal flaw in this game. Its far too easy to ruin someone's game experience.

mrford Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 17:43:40

it is a part of just about every game in existence though. however unfortunate.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2015, 17:45:29

You cant grief in CoC...

mrford Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 17:47:09

never played that game, but somehow i doubt the validity of your statement. every game has its trolls.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2015, 17:47:29

I would argue this is one of the few games you can invest hundreds of hours in, over a set, and have that all ruined in 1 minute...

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2015, 17:48:28

Originally posted by mrford:
never played that game, but somehow i doubt the validity of your statement. every game has its trolls.

Glad you admitted ignorance then proceed to tell me im wrong lol! Love you ford.

mrford Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 17:49:47

im not supporting suicides, im simply saying that they exist in just about every game due to human nature.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 17:50:10

Originally posted by Requiem:

Glad you admitted ignorance then proceed to tell me im wrong lol! Love you ford.

https://www.google.com/...F-8#q=how+to+troll+in+coc

google
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2015, 19:54:30

Trolling is not the same as griefing that im talking about here. You cannot destroy someone's entire village to the point they lose it all like here.

Google is powerful but not always the best way to find info...

TAN Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 20:04:22

mrford, i know you LOVE teh fluff, but - and you'll only ever here this once and never again - Req is right.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 20:07:58

poor little TAN. show me where the suicider touched you
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 20:10:08

i hate suiciders too, but what exactly is your solution other than complaining?

you want mods to delete all suiciders and roll the server back every time it happens?

you want to start banning all suiciders in a game with less than 600 players?

im curious as to the solution here. it is pretty hard to combat human nature of assholes.

and if you want to look on the flip side. bottom feeding creates suiciders, maybe not all of them, but some. so who's responsibility is that? should the admins kill the monsters you help create?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

TAN Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 20:42:02

show me where the suicider touched you

He's been hitting my alliance for weeks now. Not sure what you mean?

And I'm not complaining about the existence of suiciders. I don't know where you got that from. I'm saying that spamming our application system with hundreds of apps is just infantile. Suicide all you want, but don't be a fluff about the functioning of an alliance.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2015, 21:22:29

The solution is to give the griefer less power than they currently have. Many of the games changes have given a certain level of advantages to a untagged griefer. I don't need to get into the minutiae here but there are things that can be done to negitate the efforts of griefers.

If you haven't noticed I use the word griefer as opposed to sucider. There is a slight but significant distinction between the two. A griefer is someoen who plays with the sole purpose of ruining other's enjoyment, i.e. the Grinch who stole Christmas. A sucider is someone who is trying to prove a point on a mission etc...

You passively aggressively support griefers with your nonsensical logic "There is nothing we can do so nothing should be done" mentality.

En4cer Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 0:08:35

Bombay are u saying u lost 10 bil in a grab?

Furious999 Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 1:07:59

Spamming applications is childish and naff.

Damaging other countries for the sake of it is a way to enjoy the game - not my way but equally as valid.

archaic Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 2:47:49

you want mods to delete all suiciders and roll the server back every time it happens?

you want to start banning all suiciders in a game with less than 600 players?

im curious as to the solution here. it is pretty hard to combat human nature of assholes.

and if you want to look on the flip side. bottom feeding creates suiciders, maybe not all of them, but some. so who's responsibility is that? should the admins kill the monsters you help create?

OK, actually I am back in the thread briefly to address this. There are countless online gaming communities where abusive or disruptive players can and are IP banned either for a short period of time, or if the offense is serious enough permanently. I'm not saying this clown needs a permanent IP ban, but a set long vacation perhaps.

Perhaps as an easier solution, the restart formulas could be recalibrated so that after the 2nd or 3rd restart, a returning country had to start from scratch again. I'm not sure what the solution is, but this guy made at least 6 countries that did nothing but diminish the playing experience for numerous other players for no benefit to his in-game country. In any other online game platform that comes to mind, there are mechanisms in place to deal with that.

I don't net, I kill fluff so I don't really care. A lot of my clan mates do however net and they got whacked. Even worse, suiciders drove at least one genuine new player off of our team and I assume out of the game. I like my clan mates and I really like seeing new names in the game, so perhaps its time to revisit the permissive attitude towards this behavior.

mrford Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 3:13:47

so now you want to punish those who are determined in war (restarting multiple times) because you want to weaken suiciders?

my point here is it will be extremely hard to selectively punish just the suiciders without in addition taking away from everyone else's gameplay experience. now im not saying nothing should be done, but some changes in this game have been hasty as fluff stop gap measures and i do not wish to see many more of those
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Furious999 Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 3:53:32

You say that this guy did nothing for the playing experience of those he attacked. Not so, he formed a part of the game environment which they were trying to navigate. If there were not other people playing each with their own quirks and different approaches to the game it would become old very quickly.

You say his suiciding did nothing for his country. Not so, he ran the country so as to inflict damage. OK his country did not attain a high networth but that was not his aim nor need it be.

You say a new player left after being exposed to the suicider's play. Well this game is not for that person. They can look for a different game where they don't get attacked.

A part of the problem is that Alliance has moved towards a co-operative style of play where people keep expenses to a minimum and gain land by trading not by grabbing. If they maintained the sort of defence which was considered sensible before this style evolved it would be a great deal harder for a suicider to do significant damage. OK that is not what people do and the low expenses style is here to stay (perhaps). But when a netter elects that low expenses approach they know the risk they take. To claim that there is some moral wrongdoing involved in attacking with the range of attacks which the game provides is a mistake.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2015, 3:55:05

Just because something is hard doesn't mean it isn't worth doing or in the least trying to do.

Just a thought.

mrford Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 3:57:26

Originally posted by Requiem:
Just because something is hard doesn't mean it isn't worth doing or in the least trying to do.

Just a thought.

if this is directed at me where did i say nothing should be done? i said hasty measures shouldnt be implemented.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 23:03:06

Originally posted by Furious999:

A part of the problem is that Alliance has moved towards a co-operative style of play where people keep expenses to a minimum and gain land by trading not by grabbing. If they maintained the sort of defence which was considered sensible before this style evolved it would be a great deal harder for a suicider to do significant damage. OK that is not what people do and the low expenses style is here to stay (perhaps). But when a netter elects that low expenses approach they know the risk they take. To claim that there is some moral wrongdoing involved in attacking with the range of attacks which the game provides is a mistake.

PLUS ONE

Raging Budda Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 23:28:05

another +1 to Furious. It is your own prerogative to run low defense countries for trading purproses, lots to be gained from that. But don't get your knickers in a bunch if suicider(s) discover(s) that and exploits it. I myself have had a bit of fun with ruining netting sets (though not by suiciding, I fully intended my country to survive). Bottom line is that with high risk comes high reward, but don't pretend to be suprised about suicdiers, they have been a constant in the 15 years i have played this game.
Your base is mine!

TAN Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 5:36:41

I'm actually okay with the suiciding - it's been a part of the game since the beginning. If the "griefing" was that big of a deal then no one would keep playing the game.

But the children who exploit the game (TC, Hanlong) or make fake accounts to spy (RD) or run bots to win (RD) or submit spam to the app system (ZAP)...it's just pathetic. Infantile.

It's just a game, guys.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Marshal Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 13:14:33

fatty has habit to do fluffty things like this but unlikely that it was him.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2015, 15:05:05

Originally posted by TAN:
If the "griefing" was that big of a deal then no one would keep playing the game.

There have been a lot of people leave the game. There are still a few hundred hard core people left but beyond that it is getting pretty sparse. Was it all because of griefing? No one can know that but I still think it's a problem.

For me I refuse to play a game where I can lose all my time and energy to some griefer in the matter of seconds. I'm probably not the only person with that opinion.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2015, 15:05:21

double post!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2015, 15:36:08

Here is an interesting graph. Interpret it as you wish:

http://i.imgur.com/HEwNdjC.jpg?1

I should prob add: its the number of players at the end of each set. Funny to see the huge dips from wars ha! With that taken out we've been on a decline for a while. It could be for any number of reason. But whatever the reason if they don't want to game to die someone needs to figure it out!

Edited By: Requiem on Feb 7th 2015, 15:44:27
See Original Post

mrford Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 15:43:49

label the axis you heathen
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2015, 15:45:42

Ford, funny you say that. I'm on a new computer and don't have excel yet and did this on open office. Suffice it to say it's not as user friendly and I'm lazy. LAR

I'm sure you can figure out what the label should be, you're smart!

mrford Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 15:48:27

i think this is your jelly bean supply over time?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2015, 15:52:57

That is a good guess because, incidentally, I have gained a few lbs so my supply would definitely be going down!