Verified:

farmer Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 0:49:26

mrford Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 3:20:53

while i think kust bush is an asshole, and im not a kyle fan, it really sucks what happened to kyle. i knew he was in trouble as soon as he got out of his car.

i hope his foot aint fluffed up too bad. surgery isnt a good sign. it is a farce that daytona recently spend 400mill upgrading the track and there arnt SAFER barriers on every wall. what a fluffing joke. hitting a concrete wall at 85mph isnt going to feel good regardless of the car safety devices.

my boy denny hamlin got fubared hitting a random non SAFER barrier wall a couple years ago. it is a joke and the money needs to be put down to fix the problem.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Forgotten

Feb 22nd 2015, 8:55:07

NASCAR is just making left turns, if you can't do it, you don't deserve to be a professional driver.

/flies away
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 22nd 2015, 9:27:31

Merica!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

mrford Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 9:43:14

Originally posted by Forgotten:
NASCAR is just making left turns, if you can't do it, you don't deserve to be a professional driver.

/flies away

Soccer is just kicking a ball into a net more than the other guys and fake falling down. Hockey the same but with a puck. Baseball is just hitting a ball and catching it. Basketball is just putting a ball through a hoop.

Are we just going to sit here and oversimplify complex sports like a simple minded idiot or are we going to contribute to the topic of cpnversation?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 22nd 2015, 9:47:15

I haven't watched a NASCAR race since Dale's tragic end, I would love to attend one someday, multiple people have told me it's a lot of fun :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 9:51:09

SAFER barriers and Hans devices are safety technologies that were implemented because of his death.

He died because his head wasn't restrained and it literally internally detached from his spine in the force of hitting a concrete wall throwing his head forward. Look at drivers today and their head can't move because it is so well restrained and padded. It is rare that a driver gets hurt in even the violent wrecks today. Shame it happened to Kyle before the first big boy race of the year. With the new chase format nascar has to excuse missing races on a case by case basis like with Tony last year.

Edited By: mrford on Feb 22nd 2015, 9:54:17
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Suni Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 11:51:55

Not a Kyle fan, not a Kurt fan, but both of these guys should be racing this weekend. What happened to Kyle should have never happened with all of the technology available to track owners and designers in this age, and NASCAR should be totally embarassed with themselves for not enforcing the requirements for safer barriers at all tracks on all exposed walls.

That being said, GO JR!!!!

mrford Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 11:55:39

watching Kyle's wife immediately after the wreck was heartbreaking. she was in full panic mode running towards the infield care center till a FOX camera man stopped her and told her he got out of the car under his own power. She mouthed "thank you" and resumed running towards the care center.

has to be hard to watch a wreck like that when your loved one is in the car.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 12:02:06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBLnKkWgQw

Kyle Bush is in the Black #54 that heads straight for the concrete wall on the left hand side of the screen in the first camera angle. It might not look like much, but he hit that wall head on at ~85mph.

Most walls at NASCAR tracks have SAFER barrier (Steel and Foam Energy Reduction (SAFER) Barrier) technology installed, which are steel box beams braced by foam inserts softening the concrete wall

http://upload.wikimedia.org/...SaferBarrierTalladega.jpg

might not look like much but it drastically reduces the energy transferred to the driver of a car in an accident. the steel gives, reinforced concrete does not. unfortunately some inner walls at some tracks dont have the barriers because they arnt hit as often and it is expensive to install and maintain.

Edited By: mrford on Feb 22nd 2015, 12:04:43
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Suicidal Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 13:33:30

That will teach Kyle to drive a Toyota!

juice Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 14:08:50

son of a fluff.

Both these guys should be driving is every race they are able to. Both are great drivers.

Guess I'll be watching Jimmy and Carl for a while now, as yes, I am Kyle fan.

farmer Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 14:36:00

I don't really understand the reasoning behind suspending a driver or athlete over something that happens off the field.Just saying when was the last time a line worker got fired for slapping around his wife/gf. If they have a problem with anger get them some help don't fire them or suspend them.

mrford Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 14:59:23

um, look at the NFL.

You enter an employment contract, and you are expected to conduct yourself a certain way when you represent NASCAR. throwing your ex into the side of an RV with enough force for court action violated that employment contract.

Not to mention this is a pattern of behavior from Kurt. he is an asshole.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

juice Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 18:26:17

What I don't like is that he was found guilty based on "he said/she said".

I'm certainly not condoning it, if he did it, but the Family court judge David Jones issued a report on his findings and concluded that there was “preponderance of evidence” that Busch committed an “act of domestic violence.”

What was this "preponderance of evidence"? Was there an actual witness? Was there at least someone who saw his girlfriend right after the incident who testified that they saw the bruises or marks, or whatever? Was there a series of "incidences" that led up to this to show he has a history of this behavior?

I don't know the full story, so I have to trust that the court investigated his past, along with this specific incident to find enough evidence to say he is guilty.

Originally posted by farmer:
I don't really understand the reasoning behind suspending a driver or athlete over something that happens off the field.Just saying when was the last time a line worker got fired for slapping around his wife/gf. If they have a problem with anger get them some help don't fire them or suspend them.

farmer, I do agree with you, however, a normal line worker doesn't represent a company in the public eye. Famous people, who are made famous because they are part of a professional sport, do represent that sport. So, that sport management has the right to take that person out of the public eye.

I do like that NASCAR waited until he was found guilty before they acted. Although, he shouldn't be suspended indefinitely. He should be made to make some public reparations, like anger management classes, give some public appearances at anti-domestic abuse rallies, that sort of thing, along with a short suspension until these other things are completed.

mrford Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 18:34:20

You need to actually read up on a story before making such a long post. It is silly that you dont.

Kurt is undergoing a psychological evaluation and further actions, including anger management, will be suggested after the eval.

As for kyle, he is done for a while. Compound fracture on one leg, and a broke foot on the other. Poor guy. I don't dislike him, I just think his fans are jackasses. Kinda like the Philadelphia Eagles. Although I have seen him intentionally wreck an already damaged car just to get out of a race he has no chance of winning. This was a while ago, but that was childish and immature. He got skills, but like his brother he has some attitude problems at times. He has mellowed a lot recently, maybe his wife has finally straightened him out.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Thunder Game profile

Feb 22nd 2015, 23:59:19

Yeah...not a Kyle Bush fan either, but it does suck what happened. Go 48 and 24 :)
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Trife Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 1:59:19

Originally posted by juice:

What was this "preponderance of evidence"?

it's similar to the totality of circumstances

braden Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 2:44:51

keselowski is a tool.. even i can drive a car without blowing the engine, and my car doesn't exist let alone cost six million dollars

fluffing good for nothing bum

mrford Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 2:47:12

wasnt the only penske motor that blew. had to think logano was fluffting his pants the last 25 laps.

thought my boy hamlin had a good chance then JJ decided to suck a fluff on the restart and it was all over.

on a related note, where the fugg did JR come from in the last 5 laps.... made up for that bad getting stuck in the middle mistake.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 2:53:35

i had boywer finish seven i think and ragan at seventeen i think other than that i fluff the bed this week for fantasy nascar :(

i had chosen kyle and brad for my "A" drivers, and as you're well aware, kyle didn't race so i was stuck with keselowski

braden Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 2:55:05

i was seriously considering jr for one of my A drivers but i chose against it

mrford Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 3:08:52

i hate JR nation, but i wouldnt mind seeing the guy have a good season for once. he aint been fluff since he left DEI, and really, there he was only dominant in restrictor plate races.

dude has some big shoes to fill, and is worth like 300mill already. his mind isnt as focused as some of the other drivers imo.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 3:28:46

im a relatively new nascar fan. maybe five or six years. my best friends old man is a huuge fan, his pops taught him back in the seventies, but when i came in all i ever remember is jr being in ine heck of a drought. like years since his last wjn, drought- so all i could ever figure was everybody loved him because his pops had a less than quiet passing.

then i learned the sport and i understand far better how fluffing easy it is not to win and how difficult it is to win.

i still dont like him, but i can certainly respect him (and from what i can tell he enjoys the fans as much as they enjoy him)

mrford Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 3:49:18

well, he got 18 wins in 9 years, then had a falling out with his step mom and went to hendrick. he had 2 wins in 7 years. it wasnt the cars, ole JJ was winning rings like they were free, and the other hendrick drivers through the time were Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, and Kyle Bush, and kasey kane.. All finishing well. that leads up to last year where he snagged 4 wins. twice what he had in the previous 7.

not to mention in the saturday series he hs a past champion, with 7 wins in 98 and 6 wins in 99. the only 2 years he has raced a full season in that series. since he had 9 wins in only 57 races. 2 while sporting his dad's #3, one at daytona, was an intense finish to watch and was cool to see all the fans with the 3 signs up.

anyways, im rambling. the dude has the talent, but it has been a while since he was as focused as i think he needs to be in suck a competitive series like Sprint has become.

Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 3:54:03

http://youtu.be/EcfBvX4HFBs?t=1m53s

the wrangler #3 tribute win. if you have a few mins i think it is a good watch. same track his pops died at little more than 9 years prior. also highlights how akward race coverage gets with long wait times and interviews with drivers immediately after a long ass race.

he won the daytona 500 last year as well i believe.

Edited By: mrford on Feb 23rd 2015, 4:03:30
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 4:13:04

those were a great deal of impressive drivers for nationwide.. logano in '10 must have been like eleven years old, fluff

mrford Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 4:15:27

well, the big boys usually race in the big nationwide races like daytona, talladega, charlotte, and a couple others. they arnt eligible for the championship anymore, only full time nationwide (xfinity series now, i know wtf) are eligible.

i think mark martin won 7 of the 14 races he entered in the nationwide series one yer way back. he was a beast there back in the day. kyle bush actually broke his series win total a couple years back. damn jerk.

Edited By: mrford on Feb 23rd 2015, 4:17:59
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Hawkster Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 16:10:03

My mom is a huge JR fan. TBH, I dont keep up with nascar much anymore like I used too. I do know JR has talent and has capability to win and he had the team to do it with. Why he doesnt / didnt I dont really know as I said I dont keep up with the sport. BUT, I hear my mom talk about it all the time, and hearing it from her perspective I always tell her that JR is good but chokes, whether due to the pressure he is trying to live up to or w/e. Anyway I have no clue how much truth is in that, but it is certainly fun telling my mom that :p

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 23rd 2015, 21:09:04

That crash did look pretty bad. I am surprised there wasn't some kind of shock absorber on that wall. Had there been one the shock to his body would have been greatly reduced.

There really is no excuse for something like that at a nascar event. They have plenty of money to outfit their tracks with it.

Trife Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 21:31:19

my favorite nascar driver is d!ck trickle

Edited By: Trife on Feb 23rd 2015, 22:17:49

Vic Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 21:35:15

didn't open this thread until I saw trife as last poster. and his post did not disappoint

Trife Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 22:17:31

my favorite baseball player, you ask?

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/.../Baseball/99/99-66TFr.jpg

mrford Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 22:25:43

your jokes are forced

3/10

do better
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 22:36:28

Originally posted by mrford:
your jokes are forced

i should probably use more KY, i wouldn't need to force them as much if i did

p.s. bream was out, fluff you :P

mrford Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 22:37:08

when life gives you lemons, fluff it in the ass and give it lemon-AIDS
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 22:38:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC7HwPh6Es

come on, everybody, we got quiltin' to do !

Suicidal Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 12:45:58

FORD = First-On-Race-Day suck it Toyota!!

vern Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 13:46:33

black eye on Daytona speedway

they are doing a 400m upgrade to the seats and leave unprotected cement walls, even after Harvick hit the same wall last year, its all about money, and the France family wants it all

mrford Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 16:08:16

Originally posted by Suicidal:
FORD = First-On-Race-Day suck it Toyota!!

Is that why both blown motors were fords?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ninong Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 16:23:22

ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2015, 5:16:24

The race, that's what I call this one, It was one as a 3 fan that I just had to watch only months after Dale's final race and boy was this one memorable....

http://youtu.be/YKr4w8gHGhM
(•_•)

Atryn Game profile

Feb 25th 2015, 16:00:43

Where is Hneftafl?