Verified:

DruncK Game profile

Apr 12th 2015, 1:34:47

Why isn't there one? Throw it on Google play and this place would be on fire. Kind of like going to mars for us earthlings, we're all gonna kill each other if we don't find new life. I know how awesome you guys are at keeping this going but why not make some money while you're at it?

DruncK Game profile

Apr 12th 2015, 1:38:56

I'm guessing it involves translating the game into whatever coding they require?

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Apr 12th 2015, 1:53:13

expenses, marketing, lack of development time, and probably lack of motivation at this point.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Raging Budda Game profile

Apr 12th 2015, 2:28:52

I am pretty sure QZ and company are barely breaking even just on server time and maitenence. Devleoping an ap espeically on multiple platforms would requre time they probably don't have.

Minor miracle we have this game as it is now.

That being said, in these days, I don't disagree with you about an ap being helpful. That being said, it is though to attract people to a text-based game with a very steep learning cruve.
Your base is mine!

DruncK Game profile

Apr 12th 2015, 3:24:52

Set up a fundraiser account you'd be surprised. Include country simulator with app to help learning curve. There isn't any other Civilization simulator like earth and this site is a glimmer of hope. Create a back story and let the untapped potential help continue it!

DruncK Game profile

Apr 12th 2015, 3:25:59

Also I definitely understand the miracle of being able to play this game going on 17 years after I was introduced.

Apr 12th 2015, 3:50:30

Your base is mine!

Desperado Game profile

Apr 12th 2015, 4:08:54

actually rb, i don't think they would have to do very much, its all already there in the mobile version of the website pretty much

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Apr 12th 2015, 5:11:52

Originally posted by Desperado:
actually rb, i don't think they would have to do very much, its all already there in the mobile version of the website pretty much

I really don't know. All I know is that the game admins and devs do a great job and they have a bunch on their plate in game and in RL.
Your base is mine!

Marshal Game profile

Apr 12th 2015, 11:36:59

if android users would get app then ios users would want too and making apps for ios requires hefty sum.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DruncK Game profile

Apr 12th 2015, 15:15:40

Fundraiser

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2015, 17:47:04

Originally posted by DruncK:
Fundraiser

Despy to do camshows for donations ! :D
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

SithBob Game profile

Apr 14th 2015, 11:09:20

Originally posted by Marshal:
if android users would get app then ios users would want too and making apps for ios requires hefty sum.

Well depends, I am co-owner of a company which makes IOS apps and really, since it is text-based, you can just open the mobile site in the app, remove the navigation bars, add a nice menu, maybe a little help-section, have someone take a look at the design and you're all set (a couple of days work if you keep it simple and if you have to build it from scratch).
I think the main issue would be how to attract people to play it, there are about 10k apps added to the App-store each day, many of which are easy to play.

B.t.w. it doesnt have to be a native-app (so an app which is written in Android and 1 in IOS), there are scripting languages which work on both IOS and Android, and for a text-based game that will work just fine.

I do not have the time to make such an app any time soon, but I could help by making some wireframes if people do decide to give it a try..

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 22nd 2015, 15:33:37

We've always wanted to somehow make an html5 tutorial or something to get people in more easily before opening it to an ap or fb or anything....
Finally did the signature thing.

DruncK Game profile

Apr 22nd 2015, 21:38:13

n00bie server! You pick your 500k NW startup with 50 bpt, 10 million bucks and some defense. No attacks until 1mil NW.

DruncK Game profile

Apr 22nd 2015, 21:38:54

1 entry/account with month long server

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2015, 2:02:35

No Facebook!!!

SithBob Game profile

Apr 28th 2015, 8:35:39

whats wrong with fb? ';)

Desperado Game profile

Apr 28th 2015, 10:12:40

Originally posted by SithBob:
whats wrong with fb? ';)

just start with the creator and go from there

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Marshal Game profile

Apr 28th 2015, 15:35:28

and with facepalm we would get huge multieproblem into our hands. doubt we want next gen resdogs.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....