Verified:

elvesrus

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:33:54

These attacks have been more of a mental health issue than anything else. Did anyone think of that before screaming "BAN ALL THE GUNS"?
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Trife Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:38:01

yeah, but we can't ban republicans, elves

BA-ZING!

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:39:15

Gun related deaths in the US per year - ~33,000

Alcohol related deaths in the US per year - ~88,000

TAKE ALL THE GUNS!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

elvesrus

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:39:43

thanks obama (thought I was getting this in after trife)

also something like 2/3 of gun related deaths are suicides

Trife Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:41:33

Originally posted by mrford:
Gun related deaths in the US per year - ~33,000

Alcohol related deaths in the US per year - ~88,000

TAKE ALL THE GUNS!

if those people who died in a alcohol related death had a firearm, they'd be able to defend themselves from the alcohol by shooting it

pew pew pew

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:43:05

shoot it right in the face hole
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Ruthie

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:44:52

I was a bit surprised to see the Confederate flag still flying proudly in Charleston on government property.

wtf

~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

elvesrus

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:45:36

It's SC state law apparently

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:46:23

probably because the last time they made a concession to move it to across the street from the capitol building a few years ago, they made it so they had to have a super majority of the state legislature in order to change the rules again.

that is a pain in the ass to get for anything, much less moving a flag. The flag means different things for different people, and isnt something you are going to get people to agree on easily.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BladeEWG Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 19:01:03

did you eve read what i said? Shooting is a hobby. It isnt "just for protection" if it was then i would only have 2 guns at most.

it is a hobby, just like fishing, or golf. SHooting is fun, cleaning the guns is theraputic, and it is a community of avid shooters that is just like any other hobby community. Stop seeing this in black and white. Guns have more uses than protection.

and the 2nd amendment part isnt an opinion. stop playing the victim here. no one is going to have pity on you. you have displayed little more than ignorance in this thread as commented on my people other than myself. I mean, an M-15!

You keep asking for solutions, but solutions to what? Violent people will be violent. Taking the guns away wont stop violence, it will just shift it. The vast majority of gun violence is with illegal weapons anyways. There are already laws in place to limit who can buy a gun. now if we could just get people to follow and enforce those lows instead of making new ones that have no hope of making any real difference.

Nope ford
And usually I don't read what you say past your second post.
Usually that's when you start with the insults and calling people ignorant. So why would I waste time reading past that?
If you want to talk like a grown up, then I'm happy to continue a discussion with you.

Since I don't know guns, all I remembered was he bought it at Cabellas and said something about a m15 Maybe it was this? Armalite M15A2 Rifle in 5.56mm Kinda looks like the picture. What's the difference really it's a semi auto assault rifle right?
And for being a hobby? Is that why people want the conceal carry? So they can wear their guns to the " range"?
Your right, I could very well be a victim . But not by my own doing.
All I need is to run into a nut with a gun trying and instant victim .
The logic tho would be for me to also get and carry a gun right? Least then I might have a chance?
Violent people will be violent I agree with you there. But why make it easier for them?

Great plan there.

Frybert Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 19:12:14

elvesrus

Jun 22nd 2015, 19:16:52

Originally posted by BladeEWG:
did you eve read what i said? Shooting is a hobby. It isnt "just for protection" if it was then i would only have 2 guns at most.

it is a hobby, just like fishing, or golf. SHooting is fun, cleaning the guns is theraputic, and it is a community of avid shooters that is just like any other hobby community. Stop seeing this in black and white. Guns have more uses than protection.

and the 2nd amendment part isnt an opinion. stop playing the victim here. no one is going to have pity on you. you have displayed little more than ignorance in this thread as commented on my people other than myself. I mean, an M-15!

You keep asking for solutions, but solutions to what? Violent people will be violent. Taking the guns away wont stop violence, it will just shift it. The vast majority of gun violence is with illegal weapons anyways. There are already laws in place to limit who can buy a gun. now if we could just get people to follow and enforce those lows instead of making new ones that have no hope of making any real difference.

Nope ford
And usually I don't read what you say past your second post.
Usually that's when you start with the insults and calling people ignorant. So why would I waste time reading past that?
If you want to talk like a grown up, then I'm happy to continue a discussion with you.

Since I don't know guns, all I remembered was he bought it at Cabellas and said something about a m15 Maybe it was this? Armalite M15A2 Rifle in 5.56mm Kinda looks like the picture. What's the difference really it's a semi auto assault rifle right?
And for being a hobby? Is that why people want the conceal carry? So they can wear their guns to the " range"?
Your right, I could very well be a victim . But not by my own doing.
All I need is to run into a nut with a gun trying and instant victim .
The logic tho would be for me to also get and carry a gun right? Least then I might have a chance?
Violent people will be violent I agree with you there. But why make it easier for them?

Great plan there.

And without a gun they can just stab you casually passing you on the sidewalk

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 22nd 2015, 19:20:17

Ban knives too!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BladeEWG Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 19:33:44

I'd much rather take my chances on a knife, or a stick, or a rock than a gun

elvesrus

Jun 22nd 2015, 19:39:27

hell, they could just have a nice mix of household chemicals and play jihadi

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 22nd 2015, 19:42:14

Nail guns are fun too!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Frybert Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 19:48:44

Originally posted by elvesrus:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_candy

On that note, is anyone else here into Amateur rocketry?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 22nd 2015, 20:18:05

Originally posted by Frybert:
Originally posted by elvesrus:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_candy

On that note, is anyone else here into Amateur rocketry?

Depends, will it make my 510 go faster?
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 21:15:44

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Ban knives too!!!

forks. and spoons, too. some people use spoons for heroin. drug paraphernalia is against the law. oh, and ideas have killed more people than guns have- we'll need to ban thinking, to boot.

elvesrus

Jun 22nd 2015, 21:24:33

Originally posted by braden:
we'll need to ban thinking, to boot.

Pretty sure they've been trying for the whole of human history.

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 21:30:24

who is this they you speak of?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 22nd 2015, 21:32:33

THEY, THEY THEY!
(•_•)

elvesrus

Jun 22nd 2015, 21:33:32

Pick just about any government you want through history for "they"

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 21:34:05

oh, THEY. elves should have just fluffing said that to begin with. he thinks its funny to obfuscate things needlessly. hes playing games.

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 21:34:36

what is this history you speak of?

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 21:37:25

lol blade, your chances of running into a nut with a legal gun on the street is pretty low. people that commit crimes with guns registered to themselves are pretty bag criminals to start with. You still seem to not get it.

how many times have you been in the situation you seem to be using as your motive for banning guns? you wanting to infringe on others rights just because you dont like it is pretty sad. you are speaking in weird hypotheticals and talking about situations that just dont exist or wouldnt be any different with a knife than a gun. dont sit there and tell me you would fightback more vs a knife than a gun, i have been both stabbed and shot and they both suck pretty hard. maybe you should get a bit better educated on the reality of gun ownership and crime statistics before you decide to have such a strong position. or dont. you have the right to free speech just like i have the right to bear arms.

i mean do you like to fish? some fish species are being overfished, so lets ban fishing period! it isnt like poachers exist. that is how silly you sound to me right now. there are so many other solutions that you dont seem to see. heck, im not even sure what your point or goal even specifically is. do you want to ban all guns? just concealed carry permits?

do you know that in some states you need a conceal carry just to have a gun in your car that isnt sitting out in the open? like if you want to transport them to the range loaded in the trunk or in the glovebox. In other states, it is illegal to open carry a gun, so you HAVE to conceal carry. you can get a ticket in these states if someone sees your gun or even if it imprints through your shirt accidentally. do you think criminals with guns follow these laws? You are attacking specific aspects of something you have admitted to not fully understanding. there is a word for that, a word you dont seem to like too much.

there are numerous gun laws already in place regarding the sale of guns. there are a bunch of background checks and restrictions on who can buy what guns. the problem is nothing is consistent nationwide, and the only national dont sell list is if you are a felon, and sometimes that doesn't even work if you move one state over. instead of going after legit gun owners who shoot like you fish, why dont you focus your efforts towards the enforcing and normalization of keeping the guns out of criminals and psychos hands.

I know why, because that isnt what you are reading on the news. we are the easy target instead of focusing on mental health and limiting the illegal gun trade. lets go after the legit owners so we can feel like we did something!

and jesus your posts are hard as heck to read. why do you randomly press enter! stop.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 21:45:31

you dont know if somebody is snorkelling.. ive been on the banning hooks thrown into water train for a loong time now. the pure evil in this world. :(

Symbolic Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 22:21:19

I agree with mr ford. We need to focus on the real problems. Illegal gun trade and help the metal illness. I also think that people under the age of 18 shouldn't be able too register or use guns at all in till they are fully trained on the weapon at hand.

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 22:23:54

acute lead poisoning?

Frybert Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 22:24:56

Register? No. Use? Yes, under parental supervision.

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 22:31:21

i had my first .22 when i was 8.

but my dad made sure i knew how to take apart, clean, and put back together the weapon and knew how it worked before i was even let near live rounds.

where i have lived you arnt allowed to purchase a firearm below the age of 18, and you arnt allowed to purchase a pistol under the age of 21. When i purchased my first pistol, i had to go downtown and apply for a pistol purchase permit with the sherrif's office, and 3 days later i was granted one. I had to go back downtown to pick it up, then take the notarized sheet of paper to my gun retailer and present it at the time of purchase. This is all now avoided by having a Conceal Carry permit as that acts as a permanent purchase permit. I had to go through 2 days training to get that. So Blade's view of a conceal carry permit is obviously naive as it has many uses, but whatever.

it isnt as easy to get a pistol legally as some people seem to think in my experience.

Edited By: mrford on Jun 22nd 2015, 22:37:02
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 22:40:10

i dont know about ya'll, but fords anecdotal evidence is good enough for me.

Symbolic Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 22:43:10

Before you even think of buying a gun in Canada, you gotta take a 2 day course on rifle safety, after that you can purchases rifles and ammo. If you want a handgun you have too take a 2 day course on restricted fire arms that you can only take too the range. When you want too take said gun too the range you have too contact you're local police office and tell them you are taking it from and going where.

but people still get shot everyday from illegal guns everyday here, so that seems not too be working too, but it dose dull a lot of the stupid incidents from happening.

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 22:46:14

easy fix: ban travelling between canada and america!
how many people die in toronto because guns are brought from the states?
close the border. except for the indolent immigrants- closing our border and social wrlfare to them wpuld be racist, which we cant allow.

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 22:48:48

yeah, illegal guns commit the majority of crimes. there is a vast market for black market guns.

mass shootings recently have used legal guns, but IMO were more indicative of mental health failures than gun control. at least 2 recently due to parental negligence like sandy hook and charelston.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

elvesrus

Jun 22nd 2015, 22:49:45

Do you really want to be connected to detroit these days anyway?

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 22:54:43

outright ban the great lakes. empty them, sell the water to china, and pave the fluff over them. how many people in toronto need to die before the us is our mexico?
next americans will be crossing the border and cutting our lawns. brown folk. am i right?

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 22:56:58

americans that want to go to canada are broken anways. you can keep them!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 23:02:54

id take a broken american over a broke mooslim..

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 23:04:23

what about barack hussein obama?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

elvesrus

Jun 22nd 2015, 23:09:43

he needs to go back to his motherland

Symbolic Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 23:15:04

You guys watch too much fox news :P

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 23:15:29

is kenya a mooslim nation?

kansas seems to be more and more every day.

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 23:15:55

greta is gold, son.

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 23:17:21

id van her susteren, any day and twice on wednesdays, son.

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 23:22:43

dey tok er jerbs!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

elvesrus

Jun 22nd 2015, 23:26:37

O'Reily is usually good for a laugh

braden Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 23:35:44

when he lets gutfeld sit in for him, mayhap.

elvesrus

Jun 22nd 2015, 23:46:51

honestly my political type news comes from TYT

braden Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 0:25:15

i don't accept news from mooslims. which is why i don't watch fahreed zakaria, anybody from turkey, regardless of their age, anderson cooper, or josh earnest.

(and yes, i may be a racist but god damn am i ever a clever one?)