Verified:

Doogs Game profile

Jul 9th 2015, 21:21:36

Did David Suzuki and Al gore have all the oilers shut down or what?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2015, 22:09:40

The oil market is small- so the price is going to be high. I'd say 1 oil could easily supply the entire server the entire set.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2015, 22:10:57

Besides- someone is obviously passing off oil again this set.

Jul 8, 08:00 Jul 8, 12:00 $30 $30 $30.00 16,512
Jul 8, 12:00 Jul 8, 16:00 $30 $30 $30.00 10,900
Jul 8, 20:00 Jul 9, 00:00 $40 $150 $63.97 57,694
Jul 9, 00:00 Jul 9, 04:00 $150 $150 $150.00 13,125
Jul 9, 04:00 Jul 9, 08:00 $40 $40 $40.00 99,670
Jul 9, 08:00 Jul 9, 12:00 $40 $200 $110.91 80,821
Jul 9, 12:00 Jul 9, 16:00 $149 $149 $149.00 166,153
Jul 9, 16:00 Jul 9, 20:00 $40 $300 $135.03 232,786
Jul 9, 20:00 Jul 10, 00:00 $40 $300 $138.67 166,934

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2015, 22:21:14

I know for a fact it's a person selling it at $40 because bots do not buy/sell oil.

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 0:31:30

Eat a fluff celphi... I will sell my oil at any price I want!

Who is this Celphi lady?

En Route: 49,870 Oil Barrels on sale for $17 each (Arrive in 16.6 mins)

Doogs Game profile

Jul 10th 2015, 0:31:39

weird

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2015, 0:46:11

lol. very.

if you're going to put up cheap oil- at least put up more than 50k.

id1028s

Jul 10th 2015, 1:31:34

Who controls the asking price of public market items? Thats just some random thing the server controls right? Or are they from real standing orders?

The way to control people pretending to be trolls running multis while really funneling cheap oil and other goods to their main account with the public market is to create a more stable price discovery mechanism on the public market. Some there needs to be something like a market maker that is the middle man who buys everything and sells everything in the middle. I prevents people from clearing out the market and exposing ridiculous orders like 17 oil.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2015, 1:40:40

There's already something like that in place., but the floor prices are too low. They're Earth2025 original floor prices.

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 1:48:17

Originally posted by Celphi:
There's already something like that in place., but the floor prices are too low. They're Earth2025 original floor prices.

En Route: 181,582 Oil Barrels on sale for $17 each (Arrive in 37.5 mins)

Tomorrow... I plan on selling 5m oil for $17

id1028s

Jul 10th 2015, 2:00:19

No, but the asking price on market items are always changing in price. Who is setting that number?

In the real world like the stock market or commodities market in open continuous trading, the asking price is set by real buyers. In the absence of real buyers at any particular point in time, people take the middle man role called market makers. They are both the buyer and the seller of goods. Basically their involvement leads to less sudden price changes and smooths the price transition based on supply/demand. In the past they were human, and nowadays they are mostly bots.

Anyway, my point is I don't think there is such a role here. Again I don't know how this game works. Who sets the number for the "asking price" on the market screen? This number always changes. I don't know if this is a purely random number generated by the server and they are the buyer of all of that good at that price, or if they are from real standing orders from the countries in that set.

The point is there is no 'standard' price for anything. Anything can be priced from $0 to infinity. It is the job of the market with buyers and sellers to decide the price of any good in a free economy. This is called price discovery.

But here, its different. Because the market is so thin, people use it as a method to cheat and funnel cheap goods to themselves. So that cheap oil for example, they buy up the expensive stuff to expose the cheap stuff and they buy all the cheap stuff.

To stop this, you just need someone to step in as the middle man. The market maker. There is no such role here like that I don't think. I suppose people can play 'market maker' as part of their gaming strategy. But that is again depending on how the asking price mechanism in this game works. Whether they are from real orders or some fake thing the server puts up.

Edited By: id1028s on Jul 10th 2015, 2:04:42

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 2:02:39

Originally posted by id1028s:
No, but the asking price on market items are always changing in price. Who is setting that number?

In the real world like the stock market or commodities market in open continuous trading, the asking price is set by real buyers. In the absence of real buyers, people take the middle man role called market makers. In the past they were human, and nowadays they are mostly bots.

Anyway, my point is I don't think there is such a role here. Again I don't know how this game works. Who sets the number for the "asking price" on the market screen? This number always changes. I don't know if this is a purely random number generated by the server and they are the buyer of all of that good at that price, or if they are from real standing orders from the countries in that set.

The point is there is no 'standard' price for anything. Anything can be priced from $0 to infinity. It is the job of the market with buyers and sellers to decide the price of any good in a free economy. This is called price discovery.

But here, its different. Because the market is so think, people use it as a method to cheat and funnel cheap goods to themselves. So that cheap oil for example, they buy up the expensive stuff to expose the cheap stuff and they buy all the cheap stuff.

To stop this, you just need someone to step in as the middle man. The market maker. There is no such role here like that I don't think. I suppose people can play 'market maker' as part of their gaming strategy. But that is again depending on how the asking price mechanism in this game works. Whether they are from real orders or some fake thing the server puts up.

Should probably stop talking before ford trolls you to death.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2015, 2:05:33

Cool. I take it you're country #120? ;)

mrford Game profile

Jul 10th 2015, 2:06:02

that post had so much bullfluff in it it trolled itself.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2015, 2:06:42

Why 17? You know you can sell lower right?

id1028s

Jul 10th 2015, 2:08:38

How many actual humans play this game? I bet there must be an inflation factor due to some members clearly running at least one or more multis. And nobody is banning them. Clearly this 17 oil guy is a multi by a regular here.

lol

Jul 10th 2015, 2:10:18

how can anyone be so tarded and assume so much?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2015, 2:10:35

Nah- he's not a multi. Just a wanna be troll.

lol

Jul 10th 2015, 2:11:16

oh, and the asking price are standing orders, set by other players. re: the orders tab on the market page

dont know if the bots use SOs, but i highly doubt it.

tards gon tard yo

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2015, 2:12:41

Bots do not set SOs.

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 2:12:56

The female brain at its finest...

Or...

Captain Mother fluffin Obvious

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 2:15:01

Why 17? You know you can sell lower right?

The dollar amount that makes you squeel the most...

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2015, 2:19:52

:-)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2015, 2:20:46

Trolls are so predictable. If only you knew, haha.

id1028s

Jul 10th 2015, 2:23:51

Nah- he's not a multi. Just a wanna be troll.
You're a multi if you run more than one account in this game, according to the rules. Unless you can generate multiple forum IDs from the same main account.

Anyway, since the asking price is from a SO from countries in the set, then maybe bots should take advantage of it too.

lol

Jul 10th 2015, 2:24:56

it is like you are addicted to being wrong

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2015, 2:25:54

You can id1028. Look at top of your bar next to 'Inbox' and click the arrow next to your name. It's titled '+ new handle'.

id1028s

Jul 10th 2015, 2:34:18

You can id1028. Look at top of your bar next to 'Inbox' and click the arrow next to your name. It's titled '+ new handle'.
Oh. Scripts are off so never see that feature. Yep. Classic trolls. If they have something to say they should just use their normal account to say it.

lol

Jul 10th 2015, 2:37:31

and miss the opportunity to watch you fluff all that verbal diarrhea you call an idea? no way!

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 2:37:31

Oh. Scripts are off so never see that feature. Yep. Classic trolls. If they have something to say they should just use their normal account to say it.

We are the middle men...

lol

Jul 10th 2015, 2:37:42

HA! SAME TIME! i won though. u mah bish. my $17 bish!

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 2:42:00

Originally posted by lol:
HA! SAME TIME! i won though. u mah bish. my $17 bish!

Are you God? The market maker?

id1028s

Jul 10th 2015, 2:44:58

boo hoo

mrfard

Jul 10th 2015, 2:46:07

I'm so angry at the expensive oil. I'm angry at trolls. I'm just angry. I'm angry fard.

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 2:47:23

In the real world like the stock market or commodities market in open continuous trading, the asking price is set by real buyers. In the absence of real buyers at any particular point in time, people take the middle man role called market makers.

I am angry at the stupidity...

Don't know how game works...

But everyone is a multi!

mrfard

Jul 10th 2015, 2:48:19

I'm raging! I need to beat something! rawwr. sell me cheap oil now bich!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2015, 2:51:12

lol

mrfard

Jul 10th 2015, 2:51:16

Originally posted by 17 Dollar Oil:

In the real world like the stock market or commodities market in open continuous trading, the asking price is set by real buyers. In the absence of real buyers at any particular point in time, people take the middle man role called market makers.

But everyone is a multi!
I'm angry. So I make angry replies to my own aliases. I talk to myself! I wanna beat something! Sell me cheap oil now! rawr!

mrfard

Jul 10th 2015, 2:52:48

lol
Do you know who I am? I'm the mrfard, bich!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEYViV8p-Ow

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 2:54:53

Originally posted by mrfard:

But everyone is a multi!
I'm angry. So I make angry replies to my own aliases. I talk to myself! I wanna beat something! Sell me cheap oil now! rawr!

Not even close kid... time to go sell really cheap oil again

mrfard

Jul 10th 2015, 2:55:57

But everyone is a multi!

Oh yeah? But I'm still angry though!

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 2:58:11

But everyone is a multi!

I'd be angry too if I didn't know the market maker...

mrfard

Jul 10th 2015, 2:59:14

But everyone is a multi!

angry enough to beat something?

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 3:02:46

But everyone is a multi!

No... just angry ebough to sell 17 Dollar Oil and watch the fools of express demand that the identity of the conspiritors be named...

Also...

The market makers are a multi...

mrfard

Jul 10th 2015, 3:04:59

But everyone is a multi!

No... just angry ebough to sell 17 Dollar Oil and watch the fools of express demand that the identity of the conspiritors be named...

Also...

oh yes that makes me SOOO ANGRY! smack and slap. rawr

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 3:06:02

But everyone is a multi!

Also...

oh yes that makes me SOOO ANGRY! smack and slap. rawr

Y u no good troll?

Tissue Vendor

Jul 10th 2015, 3:10:00

boo hoo

Need me?

mrford Game profile

Jul 10th 2015, 3:24:36

lol, how long did it take for this guy, once found out that you can post under alter nicks, to do what he said people shouldn't do?

classic.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

17 Dollar Oil

Jul 10th 2015, 3:27:43

Multi... delete him

mrfard

Jul 10th 2015, 3:29:46

Originally posted by mrford:
lol, how long did it take for this guy, once found out that you can post under alter nicks, to do what he said people shouldn't do?

classic.
because I'm an angry hypocrite!

The difference here is its intended to be obvious in this case whereas those other nicks are still hiding.

OOHHH thinking about it makes meh ANGREHH!! slap punch kick wack! rawr!