Verified:

clintonista Game profile

Apr 4th 2016, 14:08:38

Originally posted by Warster:
how is saying 80% jets and 20% turrets even against the rules???
it doesn't show how many turrets or jets that person actually has
the rule is only in place to stop real spy op info appearing on the forum

anyone who wishes to hit that target still needs to spy them.

That post told people that #11, a country with 17K acres, had relatively very little defense.
That is real spy information, very real, very relevant, very actionable.
As a result of that information, #11 became a target of predators who otherwise might not have spied him.
If I read in the forum that a 17k acre country has no turrets, I will spy on him pronto.
I hope you now understand that.
The requirement is not that the post contain exact information but that it will cause a reasonable predator to take action. It would not be acceptable to say #11 has about 200k turrets, when his exact number is 199k, would it?

While it is true that the predator must use a spy op to get the exact numbers, the real spy op info from the post resulted in harm.
If he had done that to me, no way in the world does he win the reset, none.
Mountain Yeti is much more gracious than I am.

[quote poster=Warster; 39316; 740038)
Instead of fluffing about it why didn't you contact a staff member to look into it ???
We don't spend all day every day reading these forums, if you want that you can pay me $25 an hour [/quote]

As I said, as Urge said, as all have said, what happened that set to #11 is none of my business.
I did not know that xninja would ride that post to victory and even if I had known I probably would have stood mute.
I did not object during the game or in the post game celebration.

I objected only as we shifted focus to the next reset, and the future resets.
I can only hope that you now understand that posting, "hey #11 is a prime target", is unacceptable and will prevent it going forward.

Just so the netters can understand the problem, they would not like it much if I posted
"Hurry, hurry, hurry, #11 has $1.6B cash on hand".
When #11 subsequently got hit five times, they might blame me.
Some might say that it did not violate the rules because he probably would have gotten hit anyway and the amount of cash was actually only $1.58B so the $1.6B figure was not exact.
Plus a predator would need to use a spy op to verify so it is ok.

Can we not go down this road?