Verified:

Kingme Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 21:33:59

... why are you hitting human players for mediocre acreage when you can hit a bot for the same with 0 risk.

Enjoy getting retal'd for double the acreage *facepalm*

Trump

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2016, 21:36:40

Hitting all bots is so boring and safe but I admit they make the best targets so thats where my attacks go.

Crackhead Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2016, 21:38:41

I enjoy hitting mediocre human players for excellent acreage

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 21:41:11

There are more than enough bots that also play turns frequently to hit them and grow quite well. Hitting a human player for 2-3k in 1 grab 'seems' good, but when they retal you and take most, all, or even more than all of it back, what did you really gain? You could hit 4-5 bots for the same land and have no threat of retal....All the wasted military, the expense in building, and the opportunity cost that you Would have been able to keep all of that land with 0 threat of retal if you just thought about this beforehand and weren't noob...

The main thing you end up doing is inhibiting your and your attackee's own networths by having to spend money to rebuild the same land all over again and inhibiting your own growths.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 21:42:06

Originally posted by Trump:
Hitting all bots is so boring and safe but I admit they make the best targets so thats where my attacks go.

Do you really enjoy hitting someone for 2k land just to have it retalled away? I don't understand that point or how that's fun exactly.

Let's make EE Express fun again

Trump

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2016, 21:44:21

I enjoy trying to find people that Im better than and who cant hit me back, but knowing that if theyre good enough or focus on it they just might pop me! That is a nice risk reward balance. Attacking bots is all reward and no risk - boring!!! but Ill take it since thats where the land usually is anyway.

Kingme Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 21:47:52

I enjoy trying to find people that Im better than and who cant hit me back, but knowing that if theyre good enough or focus on it they just might pop me! That is a nice risk reward balance. Attacking bots is all reward and no risk - boring!!! but Ill take it since thats where the land usually is anyway.

I hope you're not the guy that his been popped with 2 retals for silly grabs on humans for a loss of 350+ acres even with ghosts acres.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 21:50:11

Well, I can understand this reasoning more for other servers...but with express it's simply just too easy to retal.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 12th 2016, 21:53:56

Some men just want to watch the world burn

Kingme Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 21:54:43

LOL

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 21:54:52

Originally posted by Primeval:
Some men just want to watch the world burn

Then they will burn with it

Trump

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2016, 21:55:18

Originally posted by ssj4goku17:

Well, I can understand this reasoning more for other servers...but with express it's simply just too easy to retal.

Gee I wonder how anyone ever did it without bots! But somehow they did!!

Kingme Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 21:55:27

For some reason Fight Club came to mind...

"I felt like destroying something beautiful."

Trump

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2016, 21:56:03

Originally posted by Kingme:

I hope you're not the guy that his been popped with 2 retals for silly grabs on humans for a loss of 350+ acres even with ghosts acres.

Why would I be this guy. That doesnt sound like what I am talking about. You mean #21, he didnt even use a PS for his top feeds lol.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 21:59:04

Gee I wonder how anyone ever did it without bots! But somehow they did!!

You miss the point entirely...the old world was a world without bots and you had no choice. Now that you do have a choice, it's much smarter and more beneficial for your country to go for unretalable land than to just lose it all in a matter of hours..

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 22:00:05

I mean, Trump, if for some reason you get wood seeing ##### has invaded your lands!, then by all means go for it. That's fun, right?

Trump

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2016, 22:00:23

I don't think I miss the point. Whats the first thing I said in this thread lol. The very first reply in here

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 22:01:18

I took this, "Gee I wonder how anyone ever did it without bots! But somehow they did!!" as an excuse for such actions. Maybe you were just pulling that out of your ass for a general comment. If so, I apologize.

Trump

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2016, 22:09:50

I was saying that the time before bots was fine and more interesting. Everyone didnt just flail around in a constant sea of retals. But now I nmostly just attack bots because it is smarter. Doesnt mean its not boring and safe. A war game turning into farmville. Too many players have quit and now we need bots for land. Sad!

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 22:16:49

Well this isn't just a war game. If you think that I think you're missing a whole more to this game. It's much more dynamic than just warring. A big part of the game I think is to obtain the highest net. That challenge in itself is fun. There are so many aspects to this game that contribute to networth and engaging other EE'ers in a mental battle to see who can obtain the highest net is also fun. Generally people who suck at this part of the game enjoy warring instead.

Also, back in the day there weren't bots and there wasn't an express server. As you said there were also more people, so more targets. In today's game in EXPRESS specifically, retals are too easy. Blow through 300 turns in a day and concentrate on all jets and weapons, not hard.

A couple reasons people have quit are because of pain in the ass suiciders/malicious people who only destroy people's countries for no reason(warring as you put it), or because they just get overfarmed(especially as newbies).

Edited By: ssj4goku17 on Aug 12th 2016, 22:19:08

Trump

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2016, 22:25:11

Theres way fewer players in Express than before so thats why they put in the bots. It's for the best but its a step down from when there were no bots and more players. There were always over 150 players despite being 0 bots. You might like having only to grab bots and 0% chance of being retaled but thats just cowardly netting instead of real mans netting. Real man scouts out targets to find the right one and makes his hit and escapes without being retaled... despite the possibility - because it is a human on the other end!!

Edited By: Trump on Aug 12th 2016, 22:27:16
See Original Post

qwerasdf Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 22:38:09

How do I know where the bots are?

Trump

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2016, 22:39:24

They all have retard loser names like Darkmoon Silverwolf Glimmerpixie and they never join GDI and just get beaten on by everyone without reacting

Kingme Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 23:02:27

They all have retard loser names like Darkmoon Silverwolf Glimmerpixie and they never join GDI and just get beaten on by everyone without reacting

That's pretty accurate.

Kingme Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 23:03:34

Why would I be this guy. That doesnt sound like what I am talking about. You mean #21, he didnt even use a PS for his top feeds lol.

Also accurate.

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 23:08:33

I go by cost per acre if a bot yield 60 acre for nothing because its in 20+ DR it's not a viable target as the net gain from those acre is less then 1 turn of teching, So ill throw 250 k jet ps and lose 18,000 for 500 acre instead then stay smaller then the person I hit store up turns then outgrow everyone I hit, out of the 20 or more maybe at most 3 will retal and half of them will bounce so 1.5/20 for retal rate as a rough estimate.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 23:51:29

Theres way fewer players in Express than before so thats why they put in the bots. It's for the best but its a step down from when there were no bots and more players. There were always over 150 players despite being 0 bots. You might like having only to grab bots and 0% chance of being retaled but thats just cowardly netting instead of real mans netting. Real man scouts out targets to find the right one and makes his hit and escapes without being retaled... despite the possibility - because it is a human on the other end!!

Yea? How often does it work for you? It doesn't usually, that's why you hit bots too. Express is too easy to retal, it's not about being a 'coward' lol. It's about understanding the server. It's stupid to hit someone for 1k land just to turn around have them take 2k 2 days later. If you want to be 'manly' and get retaled for big losses, then you go ahead and be 'manly'. Trump probably also thinks it's unmanly to use a car jack to replace a flat. Either use your head to prop up your car or start walkin', woman.

Edited By: ssj4goku17 on Aug 12th 2016, 23:55:44

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 12th 2016, 23:55:07

Originally posted by qwerasdf:
How do I know where the bots are?

Few things...if you're newb you can generally get an idea by checking news and seeing them be farmed without retalling(most humans would go ape with this kind of abuse).

Also, bots are programmed to be around 240 CS...you'll start to recognize this if you look for it. It may be a few CS's under if they've been hit.

Bots have a high Turns Used because they run frequently on express. Bots don't sit on 300 turns...that's someone playing lazy, playing a late start, or waiting for some doofus to landgrab them for low land so they can retal later for more(ol' bait trick, and trump loves to fish :D)

Bots don't get tech outside of business/residential/military/their strat tech. So if you see things like weapons, warfare, etc. it's a clue they're not a bot.

Trump

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2016, 0:16:31

Yea? How often does it work for you? It doesn't usually, that's why you hit bots too. Express is too easy to retal, it's not about being a 'coward' lol. It's about understanding the server. It's stupid to hit someone for 1k land just to turn around have them take 2k 2 days later. If you want to be 'manly' and get retaled for big losses, then you go ahead and be 'manly'. Trump probably also thinks it's unmanly to use a car jack to replace a flat. Either use your head to prop up your car or start walkin', woman.

I want to have to actually play against live people instead of just turning on the land faucet and having some land flow into my country okay? You keep acting like its impossible to attack humans without getting hit back on this server and again I wonder what you are talking about. Yes it is possible for them to hit back but back when there were more players we used to grab humans all the time and get away with it.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 0:28:11

No it's not impossible, I said that. I just said it's too easy to retal in this server and so Most of the time a simple land exchange is hurtful for both countries. I can't help but wonder...If I attack a real player and it makes me worse off, why would I do it?? I'd scratch 'possible' for 'highly likely/too easy'

There are many aspects to this game. The netting part is complex as well, and many have fun battling for that. Maybe you're the kinda kid who likes playing rock 'em sock 'em robots where you just mash buttons and beat the sheet out of your opponent, whereas I prefer a mental battle, like chess.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 0:29:06

At the end of the set if you see yourself in 20th, look up. You just lost to 'live' people, and I'm saying someone's net would be higher without such reckless practices

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2016, 0:36:31

I agree with goku. While it is necessary to gain land fast to do well on this server. The least risk is from bots. I am not really fond of getting into knock down drag out fights over a little land with real players. Yes you can get land quicker by grabbing from players. But it is also very costly in the end.
Just shut up and have another beer

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 13th 2016, 0:40:26

In all seriousness, if you're ending up even or ahead on acres on the retal, I don't see the point in being so frustrated over the matter.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 0:50:55

In all seriousness, if you're ending up even or ahead on acres on the retal, I don't see the point in being so frustrated over the matter.

It's a big matter, actually. Ending up even is not only stupid, but costly. You lost military for 2 hits, uselessly. You had to pay to rebuild land all over again(can be $100 mil or more depending on the hit), uselessly. The land lost was not there to produce for turns played before getting it back and up. And having to retain what you already had prevents further growth.

I've gone through the calcs, land trading results in less net most of the time. Personally I've calculated a loss of millions for overall net due to factors above. Going through all that negative cost to end up with a few hundred acres is bad for Both countries. So forget that it's annoying, when it's bad for everyone why do it!?

If you can end up with 1-2k profit and it's beneficial for you mathematically for you without getting raged on for a top feed, more power to you. However...I'd still argue you'd be better off taking 1-2k from bots and not being hunted for best results and dealing with the hit and losses.

Scott Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 0:52:43

If you hit ssj4, it is all worth it. The nerd rage from this guy I classic. You not be disappointed!

Hammer Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 0:57:59

....... Real man scouts out targets to find the right one and makes his hit and escapes without being retaled... despite the possibility - because it is a human on the other end!!

Be extremely careful with your scouting because those who you think cannot retal will chase you down just to do it.

Yes it is possible for them to hit back but back when there were more players we used to grab humans all the time and get away with it.

When we had 150 human players, we also had allies. You did not hit someone and get away with it unless you were scraping the bottom. If you are scraping the bottom, you may as well hit bots.

We lost so many people that the game dynamics changed, which is why we now have bots. If a person wants to fight it out, that's what they will get when they hit the wrong person. Also, when we had 150 people, 100 of them were asking questions of those ranked above them week after week and trying to learn to play better. Today, that large percentage are multies and/or are now just here to screw up the game for other players with no intentions of learning how to play.

I made several posts predicting the decline of this server if allies were removed when those debates were occurring. My basis for this prediction was the mentorship that allies provided, and also the making of new friends through the alliances which lead to people coming back each week. Game play was competitive and back then you rarely saw a $30mil score.

It is much different now and is really up to each individual who is playing to help either grow the game, by helping those who wish to learn, or finish killing the server by being d1ckheads week after week.

@Trump..not calling you a d1ckhead; speaking to the People Please 2.0 that led to Kingme's post.

Edited By: Hammer on Aug 13th 2016, 1:03:27

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 0:59:41

Originally posted by Scott:
If you hit ssj4, it is all worth it. The nerd rage from this guy I classic. You not be disappointed!

I find your typing to be classic. And since when have you known to even interact with me? I don't even know a "Scott"

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 13th 2016, 1:04:53

It's a big matter, actually. Ending up even is not only stupid, but costly.

Then it's not even. I stopped reading there.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:09:03

'Even' in the sense of land no gain/loss of land after attacks, but surely you knew that, or else you should have kept reading to the obviously applicable 'stupid' part for you. If you're going to be an idiot or a jerk don't even bother posting. Let's hope you don't start reading again.

Trump

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2016, 1:09:45

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:
I agree with goku. While it is necessary to gain land fast to do well on this server. The least risk is from bots. I am not really fond of getting into knock down drag out fights over a little land with real players. Yes you can get land quicker by grabbing from players. But it is also very costly in the end.

You agree with me too then because I agree attacking bots is the easiest way to get land which I have said many times now. YEs, thats just how it is now. But I am ALSO saying it is boring playing in a sandbox by yourself and thats all goku wants to do because hes fearful of ever attacking a live player and getting hit back and cucked!

Fine theres bots now, enjoy the sandbox, but back in the old days we attacked humans and we lived with the chance of a retal because that was the only choice unless you wanted to explore all the way. And even then because there were no bots you could get hit!

Now I am hearing from Hammer that if you were making safe grabs you were bottom feeding and may as well be hitting bots and also from the coward goku that if you attack live players you will always get retaled because thats so easy on this server. Well which is it boys? The truth is that it is both, you would generally bottom feed but sometimes someone would suprise you and get you. And that was the beauty of it!! And playing with real humans. Ahh the old days. Before everyone was coddled with bots and eating soy lol!!

Edited By: Trump on Aug 13th 2016, 1:14:14

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 13th 2016, 1:14:56

'Even' in the sense of land no gain/loss of land after attacks, but surely you knew that, or else you should have kept reading to the obviously applicable 'stupid' part for you. If you're going to be an idiot or a jerk don't even bother posting. Let's hope you don't start reading again.

I think you're misunderstanding fundamental game purpose and mechanics.

I'd venture to say you've been burned a few times lately by people that are playing the game better than you, given the unnecessarily high frustration on the topic and how quickly you were to become insulting to an apathetic reply by someone else.

Regardless, enjoy your public fit.

Edited By: Primeval on Aug 13th 2016, 1:17:08

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:15:41

Where did all this rage come from, Trump? Whoever said anything about fear? I simply said it's stupid to reduce your own potential networth by attacking a good live player who retals when there's better opportunity elsewhere. This is a fact and has nothing to do with me. Even with me not playing it's still true.

We already discussed back in the day it was the only choice, but there's clearly a better one now for netting. That's simply just true. Has nothing to do with me playing with sand.

Where did those noobs you bottom fed on go? Right, they quit. How much land did you get? Yea, not much. Are there many live players to bottom feed now? No...I'm not seeing any valid point from you, Trump.

Scott Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:18:30

I find your typing to be classic. And since when have you known to even interact with me? I don't even know a "Scott"

Lol, more nerd rage.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:20:13

I think you're misunderstanding fundamental game purpose and mechanics.

I'd venture to say you've been burned a few times lately by people that are playing the game better than you, given the unnecessarily high frustration on the topic and how quickly you were to become insulting to an apathetic reply by someone else.

Regardless, enjoy your public fit.

I've been Explaining mechanics. You're the one who obviously didn't understand that trading is mathematically not beneficial in most cases, and you mention mechanics?

Yea, it's really getting burned when you win, right?

Nice use of apathetic..if it were true you wouldn't bother posting, now would you? And I wasn't quick to insult, you were rude. Funny how you try to bait me with mentions of insults or fits when I'm merely discussing the concept of grabbing and its benefits and drawbacks. If you're not able to discuss things abstractly, that's your folly. Maybe you Should start reading again....

Edited By: ssj4goku17 on Aug 13th 2016, 1:22:35

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:20:44

Lol, more nerd rage.

I don't understand how asking who you are is rage?

Trump

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2016, 1:22:05

Where did all this rage come from, Trump? Whoever said anything about fear? I simply said it's stupid to reduce your own potential networth by attacking a good live player who retals when there's better opportunity elsewhere. This is a fact and has nothing to do with me. Even with me not playing it's still true.

We already discussed back in the day it was the only choice, but there's clearly a better one now for netting. That's simply just true. Has nothing to do with me playing with sand.

Where did those noobs you bottom fed on go? Right, they quit. How much land did you get? Yea, not much. Are there many live players to bottom feed now? No...I'm not seeing any valid point from you, Trump.
Your problem is that I am following a line of conversation that we are having but you keep forgetting it. So for example I am replying to what you said about how its way too easy to retal on this server and it was bad before bots and to Hammer saying it was just bottom feeding if you didnt get retaled. You dont seem to be following the conversation. It was great before bots back in the old days with more players! It sounds like you prefer this soulless bot world though. Well I say Make Earth great again!!!

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:24:00

I never said my preference....I simply said with the 2 options we have given the current environment, one option is better for netting than the other. Prove me wrong based on that and leave the personal insults for Scott and Primeval.

Hammer Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:25:15

Trump..for me, it is how I said it.

Hitting people who can not hit back in most cases is bottom feeding. In today's game, hitting people who cannot hit you back is hitting a bot. The human players who are left and have experience, and even many who do not have experience, will chase a person down to retal at all costs. There is one other factor to consider on this server that can almost be ignored on the other and that is turns. They come so quickly that a human player can retal anyone.

That was my point.

As a side note, I liked the game better when we had more people and allies as it made it easier to get to know people and for newcomers to learn how to play. We did only hit people, but there was a careful consideration, a respect so to speak, before doing so because we usually knew the person. As a solo server, a person who cannot wall or net will suicide because they have no other options.

As the game is today, grabbing a bot is more efficient unless one just wants a challenge that hurts both human players in the end.

Edited By: Hammer on Aug 13th 2016, 1:30:34

Scott Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:44:46

I never said my preference....I simply said with the 2 options we have given the current environment, one option is better for netting than the other. Prove me wrong based on that and leave the personal insults for Scott and Primeval.

Your bias is now showing. I spied you a few sets back and failed one. You sent message about I would be an idiot to grab a human... Big long cry fest. I then lg you and you sent your nerd rage at me. I love it.

Knock it off with the hollier than everyone else bullfluff. Have you ever measured how far your labia droops? I suspect it probably drags on the ground.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2016, 1:45:51

I just reread this whole thread.( a challenge for my beer addled brain, lol) I guess I will agree with Trump a bit too.
Just shut up and have another beer