Verified:

Chevs

Nov 3rd 2010, 22:57:55

Originally posted by Pang:
although I'd argue that netters DO tend to fight better than fighters netgain, at an aggregate level.

and whats that argument based on :P? this set? hehehe sorry couldn't resist
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 3rd 2010, 22:59:56

I heard some sof members were upset about my post? Does anyone want to open up and talk about it?

Flamey Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 0:39:36

I'm upset, the only set I ever netted, you advised to switch TMBR and dump my oil stock a week before oil went up to $300. :'(

Thomas Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 1:49:53

Originally posted by Pang:
anything less will be a disappointment! :p
top country prediction:
$284,322,287 NW

Zahc Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 2:49:36

i think alot of the changes with EE will make it alot easier for netters to "bend the rules" so the top networths will be up there, but imo not legit

SoF has some great netters, but they obviously prefer to war and thats why they are in SoF not LaF, Evo, Omega. But in comparison i bet SoF would do ALOT better netting than netting tags would do warring.

Of course everyone will argue it but SoF holds its own in the netting department, even if we took 5 t10 spots people would find some reason to not give credit to us because LaF was warring, or evo got suicided, or omega got CDed out of the t10 or some BS
llort orp s`fos

aponic Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 3:23:36

This is just a pissing contest if debated further. SOF could take 4 top ten spots if netting regardless of the competition. The last time anyone saw us net, we took 3 or 4 top ten spots. Is it so ludicrous to think with another 20 experienced and mostly original SOF players like Helmet, Scorpion, etc, that we could do better? Quoting that the formulas have changed is really irrelevant unless you are insinuating that we don't have equal access to those formulas.

SOF was once the undisputed best OVERALL alliance. We will set the standard again in this new era; EarthEmpires.
SOF
Cerevisi

de1i Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 3:31:20

SoF will have 42 Top 100 spots.

locket Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 4:46:23

lol ok aponic. I think you guys would take all of the top 10.

I guess you forget that there are great netters in the netter clans when you say you'd take 40-50% of the top 10 :P

table Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 5:03:09

just let sof alone next set and see.

mick, dont make me download icq :P

Ivan Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 5:13:57

Well there seems to be plenty of good farm land in LaF we could grab and grow on locket :)

de1i Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 5:19:34

I'd love those retals, please do!

locket Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 6:50:31

lol ivan our police have complained as it is.

And I guess my opinion is more along what pang said. You are good but overall compared to the 3 top netters you are not up to their level. And I am quite sure you wouldnt get above 2-3 max top 10's. 4-5 is a ridiculous number. But meh ill drop the topic anyways :P enjoy NA

Prodde Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 16:01:30

The reason SoF is a warring alliance is simply cause we find no challange in netting. So if we semi-bother i say we get 2-3 spots but if we acctually put some effort in 2 it i say we have a shot of atleast 5 spots ;)

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 16:22:35

Originally posted by Prodde:
The reason SoF is a warring alliance is simply cause we find no challange in netting. So if we semi-bother i say we get 2-3 spots but if we acctually put some effort in 2 it i say we have a shot of atleast 5 spots ;)

For informational purposes only, neither SoF nor SOL have had any top 10 spots in the history of Earth:Empires. The closest to the top 10 ever achieved by SoF and SOL is SoF's rank 12 country in the Apr-Jun 2010 reset, and SOL's...well, I haven't even seen a single SOL country in the top 100 since Empires began.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

aponic Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 17:38:21

For informational purposes only, SOF has never outright netgained in EarthEmpires.

locket: Although I agree that those '3' alliances would certainly capture more top 100 spots, their members tend to be less intensive overall and too lackadaisical to put in the effort required for a top 10 finish. I think 2 top ten finishes would be disappointing, 3 would be realistic, 4 would be difficult, and 5 is somewhat unrealistic.

With that, I will drop the topic.
SOF
Cerevisi

hanlong Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 19:13:05

what exactly do you mean by "less intensive members"...

true netgaining is pretty intensive ;)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 4th 2010, 21:25:46

Meh - u guys would kill me 30 min before I wake up :-P

I wasn't gonna last much longer, but I wanted to make you work for it.

Chevs

Nov 4th 2010, 22:21:12

this thread no longer has merit.
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Drinks Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 2:27:02

Originally posted by Chevs:
try walling one of our 3 min KRs......

*Ticks that off on his list of things to do*
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

dagga Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 3:45:10

NukEvil -

How many SOL/SOF members lead the following categories -

Attacks
Pop Killed
Kills
Successful Defends
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Ivan Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 5:43:58

Earth: Empires Stats - alliance server - war

Good Guys
tag hits kills hpk defends deaths hpd
xNAx 3911 8 489 6460 27 239
Total 3911 8 489 6460 27 239

Bad Guys
tag hits kills hpk defends deaths hpd
SOF 6460 27 239 3911 8 489
Total 6460 27 239 3911 8 489

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 5th 2010, 6:34:13

There is no "Successful Defends" fyi.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 5th 2010, 9:15:41

is a defense win percentage. But hink u said that only pertains to LG's
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Flamey Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 12:53:08

Originally posted by Drinks:

Try walling one of our 20 minute killruns.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 12:58:44

Originally posted by Flamey:
Originally posted by Drinks:

Try walling one of our 20 minute killruns.

I think they die from boredom, rather than not being prepared.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 13:44:46

Originally posted by dagga:
NukEvil -

How many SOL/SOF members lead the following categories -

Attacks
Pop Killed
Kills
Successful Defends

Good question. Bart leads in Pop Killed, but I don't remember what alliance he's in. I've no idea who leads in the other 3 categories (I assume you meant 'Defends', rather than 'Successful Defends'), being they're all un-linked accounts.

aponic Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 16:43:06

those all time stats are rather lame imo. they have little merit since different alliances do different things set to set. a 'best for the reset' ranking would have much more merit.
SOF
Cerevisi

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 17:01:37

I wholeheartedly agree, but for one reason only:

I am #4 in kills in the alliance server. 26 kills in all.

24 of those kills were acquired last reset, as a part of my experiment on landthin restarts. I seriously doubt anyone else got more than 24 kills that reset. So, had it been by reset, I would have been #1 in kills for that set.

Still, it's quite odd that someone who's played in Evolution since before the beginning of Earth:Empires would have so many kills already. So I guess that's something.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 17:10:46

Oh, speaking of landthin restarts, some people simply refuse to learn.

Llaar, I'm looking in your direction...

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 5th 2010, 18:06:23

Really? We're upset because not everyone can feel like a winner? Speaking of which, all of your kills were pretty much useless Nukevil. You went around killing players for no reason. That'll really encourage people to play on this server. Now you want to be recognized for that on top of a leaderboard? Completely ridiculous.

We're probably not going to provide single reset leaderboards because hosting and stat sites can do a better job with that. Nearly all of the information for those leaderboards is available through APIs. Furthermore, single reset leaderboards make it trivial to figure out who owns which country. For whatever reasons people have, only 14 accounts out of 306 linked accounts allow other players to see their countries.

If anyone actually has any good ideas, I'd be happy to hear them. But it seems like there are a shortage of those around here.

Ivan Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 18:46:12

Why not just make a list of records instead? that everyone can view, like top 10 in all categories

most civs killed 1 set, most land gained, most nw gained, most hits walled etc

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 18:50:18

perhaps slagpit you could prompt user when they link acct whether they would like to allow people to see their countries. I think many people simply don't realize others can't see their countries( b/c they can see their own countries, I was in this category for a few hours)...also there may be some "well nobody else is doing it so neither will I..."

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 5th 2010, 18:50:29

what does this have to do with NA DoW on SoF..

NOTHING

YOU ALL NEED MORE fluff

++martian
SoF head of Ivan
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Loafer Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 18:59:39

RIP drinks :P

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 5th 2010, 19:01:04

WHAT ABOUT A fluff LEADERBOARD: USERS RANKED BY HOW MANY TIMES THEY SAY "fluff" ON THE BOARDS?

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 19:48:17

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Really? We're upset because not everyone can feel like a winner? Speaking of which, all of your kills were pretty much useless Nukevil. You went around killing players for no reason. That'll really encourage people to play on this server. Now you want to be recognized for that on top of a leaderboard? Completely ridiculous.

I went around killing players for no reason? Wrong. I did it because I wanted to learn how easy it was. The fun that came with it was just icing. Besides, every country I killed belonged to either an inactive player or a player whose alliance was at war. Those players knew the risk of being so vulnerable, and they paid for it. I targeted not a single netting country.

Oh, and not all my kills were useless. If you'll read the #840 thread, you'll see where I killed a few restarts which had full turns, getting ready to receive FA so they could hit stuff. That had an impact on whichever alliances were going to use those countries in their war efforts.

The part of my post about wanting a leaderboard dedicated to each reset solely because of my #1 ranking in kills for last reset was more of a joke than anything else.

Trying to indirectly put me in the same caliber as warring alliances demolishing netting alliances "for no reason" is what's completely ridiculous. If you're so butthurt about the way I played that reset, then perhaps I should do it more often. You know, for the attention and all. And for the awesome kill stat.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 5th 2010, 20:10:48

Wow, you really couldn't fit any more classic suicider justifications in your post! I didn't say you were like warring alliances hitting netters. That's stupid. I said you were suiciding.

You want to know what pissed me off? The first part was someone with "Developer" under their name gloating about doing activities harmful to the game. If you really can't stop yourself from doing it, fine. Just don't gloat about it.

The second was your completely useless public criticism. If there's something broken on the forums or something that I don't like about them, do I bash your work on AT? No, I respect your work enough to put any criticism or suggestions in the proper place. Stop acting like a fluffing AT troll.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 5th 2010, 20:26:52

You may not have said it (and I didn't say you said it), but you definitely went in that direction by using the words "harmful to the game" and "for no reason", simply because warring alliances hitting netters is the ONLY context you've used those words in. At least for the alliance server.

Harmful to the game? So a late-starting country at low networth land-killing restarts and cherrypicking kills off other alliances is harmful to the game? You may as well get rid of the war room and the spy center while you're at it, then. And I'll gloat about anything I wish, and you can't stop me, thank you very much.

As to my "completely useless public criticism", I'm assuming you were referring to me talking about me wanting reset stats on the leaderboards. Unless I missed something, I don't see that as criticism. Also, if you'll actually read my post, you'll see that it was a JOKE. Do you read me? A JOKE. You know, a collection of words that often invokes laughter.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 0:57:15

Why are you guys hijacking our thread?
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 2:55:45

Your thread?

dagga Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 12:22:57

It was lame Nukevil. The fact you posted on your "kill thread" both as your alias and your real handle made it a cry of "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK HOW NINJA I AM!!". You were meddling for your own ego.

The stats are an excellent initiative - it's a given also that they will be tweaked - it is these sort of advancements to the game that build membership base (that and maybe some sort of achievement system - a la Steam).

Also, it would be good if you could somehow link a cumulative reset-to-reset alliance based set of stats - that would be awesome.
signatures are stupid.

aponic Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 12:53:17

Wow, I agree with Slagpit and dagga. You're lame NukEvil. Go play AlphaFFA. You are a developer afterall.

dagga: You would call him a turkey in that case because turkeys fluff their feathers when they feel vulnerable so that they appear larger.
SOF
Cerevisi

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 13:40:20

Dagga, please tell me what 'alias' I posted under in that thread. As I can remember, I only posted under the account I'm posting under now.

And if 'gloating' about killing 24 countries in a single reset makes me lame, then so be it. I'm beginning to think that dagga's and aponic's posts are there only because their alliances paid the most for my little experiment. I don't remember how many from each alliance I killed. Perhaps I even killed a few of their own restarts. I could be horribly wrong, though.

dagga Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 13:51:15

You possibly killed some SOL, possibly killed some LaF. Who cares, it was a douchebag move.
signatures are stupid.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 6th 2010, 13:57:27

You still haven't told me what alias I posted under...

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 7th 2010, 12:17:27

make it 15 Slag, i didn't even realise we had this option:p

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 7th 2010, 12:20:17

on 2nd thoughts i'm deselecting that option again.

didn't realise people could see your current country..

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 7th 2010, 13:32:51

No, YOU can see your current country. Other people cannot.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2010, 14:05:28

still if someone knows when your last country died they can know roughly what number range your restart will have

might be better to do last reset and before countries for other people only

ponderer Game profile

Nov 7th 2010, 15:23:59

enshula: since boxcar is nice enough to tell us when each country is created and dies, we can do even better than a rough number range. Add in other factors like playing time, tag, and naming pattern, and it gets easier to pinpoint.

NukEvil: You post with an alliance server alliance in your sig. Admitting to killing other alliance's restarts in that server can't be good for Evo's inter-alliance relations.
m0m0rific