Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 7th 2010, 17:42:45

More precisely, it only shows countries from previous rounds. So you won't have that restarting problem.

Tourney works a little bit differently, because players tend to have the same country name from round to round. It show only shows countries with country names that currently aren't being used.

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 7th 2010, 18:38:27

Dragonlance they can't. Only you can. For example you can look at my profile (I'm 6th in alliance NW all time for easy way to get there).

I agree they don't make this very clear however...

edit: whoops sorry didn't see the 4 replies to you already DL, my bad on being repetitive...

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 7th 2010, 18:48:32

Bobby: we actually added a message letting people know if they have privacy options are. But you're right, we probably need to fit in more explanation somewhere.

SMz Game profile

Nov 7th 2010, 19:09:14

some members in SoF on a good set , can outnet every single person on this server including LaF'ers and Evo'ers

de1i Game profile

Nov 7th 2010, 19:10:14

rofl

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 7th 2010, 19:12:35

Don't laugh, by "good set" he means having SOL FS the competition.

(this was a joke, settle the fluff down)

Edited By: Slagpit on Nov 9th 2010, 0:04:35
See Original Post

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 7th 2010, 19:17:40

Originally posted by ponderer:
NukEvil: You post with an alliance server alliance in your sig. Admitting to killing other alliance's restarts in that server can't be good for Evo's inter-alliance relations.

If those alliances can't understand that I played untagged that entire reset, and had an affiliation with Evolution that reset on the forums only, then this game's far more gone than previously thought of. It was just an experiment, a bit of fun on the side, and most of the people involved have learned from their mistakes because of me. And if I'm not allowed to take a break from netting and try something different every now and then, then what's the point of playing at all?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

dagga Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 4:36:41

Ahh yes, you're the Great Teacher. You really taught those stupid players a lesson! Those who were trying to get FA to help their alliance fight wars got killed by a gronk idiot who also happens to be a "Developer".

Good work buddy.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 4:54:46

i see.

This can easily confuse a drunken slob such as myself..

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 13:20:02

Originally posted by dagga:
Ahh yes, you're the Great Teacher. You really taught those stupid players a lesson! Those who were trying to get FA to help their alliance fight wars got killed by a gronk idiot who also happens to be a "Developer".

Good work buddy.

Ahh, yes, your alliance is the Great Warrior. You really taught those stupid netters a lesson! Those who were trying to get the top networth to help their alliance get a TNW/ANW crown got killed by a bunch of gronk idiots who also happen to be "SOL".

Good work, buddy.

See, I can do it too! But unlike yourself, I've killed 24 countries in a single reset, most of them single-handedly. And hey, nobody can blame me if those countries trying to get FA had stayed in protection and waited until they had FA lined up before coming OOP, right? Something so simple that would have most definitely helped their country to last longer.

On another note, I've noticed certain people using my status as a 'Developer' as a means to try to troll me, and if I remember correctly, at least one person has been banned for that very recently. I can appreciate the issue that's at stake here, but please don't try to use my position in the grand scheme of things as if it has anything to do with what's happened, k?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

dagga Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 14:50:58

Hah. Tough guy threatening bans because you don't like what I have to say?

If you can't see a connection with your role as a developer and your role as a restart killing douchebag, then you truly are viewing the world through rose tinted shades! :)
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

aponic Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 15:00:36

NukEvil: I was calling you lame because you have access to alphaFFA where you could easily test kill strategies on your own. Playing untagged and killing other untagged countries is lame. As for you killing SOF countries, I was completely unaware. Untaggeds participating in kill runs is common place as people forget to tag up. I could care less and I am sure any other tag at war felt the same way.

Slagpit: I've beaten you when we netted. I have won EC. Why don't you shove your lame comments up your pie hole. We don't need SOL to FS anyone to win top ten spots. Come to think of it, hasn't SMz won EC also?
SOF
Cerevisi

aponic Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 15:02:55

PS: If as mods you throw around trashy comments then realize how lame it is to threaten bans for people responding with the same derogatory mannerisms

Edited By: aponic on Nov 8th 2010, 15:06:39
See Original Post
SOF
Cerevisi

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 15:27:32

Originally posted by dagga:
Hah. Tough guy threatening bans because you don't like what I have to say?

If you can't see a connection with your role as a developer and your role as a restart killing douchebag, then you truly are viewing the world through rose tinted shades! :)

You're the one making the connection here, when there really is no connection at all. And since you seem insistent on doing so while being derogatory about it, I think I'll give you a small time-out. I do see what point you're trying to make, but you know that you could have made it without being so derogatory about it.

Originally posted by aponic:
NukEvil: I was calling you lame because you have access to alphaFFA where you could easily test kill strategies on your own. Playing untagged and killing other untagged countries is lame. As for you killing SOF countries, I was completely unaware. Untaggeds participating in kill runs is common place as people forget to tag up. I could care less and I am sure any other tag at war felt the same way.

Testing kill strategies in a test environment is great and all, but doing so is not a reliable measure of how other, real, players will react to me. I could have created 16 countries and just kept killing them over and over again, but nothing would have been learned from it. Besides, I'm not a game admin, so while I may have access to alphaFFA, I really don't know, nor could I care, how to just instantly create countries in that server to my specifications.

And while you claim that you 'could care less', you sure do seem to post a lot about it. Just saying.

PS: If as mods you throw around trashy comments then realize how lame it is to threaten bans for people responding with the same derogatory mannerisms

I don't see any trashy comments coming from myself. I may be biased about that, but you have to admit that I've made sure not to unnecessarily nor directly call other posters derogatory names in this thread, unlike others. I have attempted, to the best of my ability, to stay professional, despite others' inability to do so.

And while I do admit that some of my posts have seem geared towards 'stroking my ego' so to speak, you really have to notice that things only went downhill when others called me out on it, WHILE connecting it to my position as a developer. If the 'Developer' stuff had been left out, it would have been just another troll-fest, hijacking yet another perfectly-good thread.

As such, this will be my last post about that particular issue. If I remember correctly, the topic of this thread had something to do with NA FSing SoF. Go NA. And SoF.

aponic Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 15:45:55

Originally posted by NukEvil:

Ahh, yes, your alliance is the Great Warrior. You really taught those stupid netters a lesson! Those who were trying to get the top networth to help their alliance get a TNW/ANW crown got killed by a bunch of gronk idiots who also happen to be "SOL".

Good work, buddy.

I would say thar taunting somoene is a derogatory mannerism... so it seems logical that dagga will then answer back with hostility. Just pointing out the cat and mouse game. Bans are really uncalled for.
SOF
Cerevisi

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 8th 2010, 20:07:20

Slagpit: I've beaten you when we netted. I have won EC. Why don't you shove your lame comments up your pie hole. We don't need SOL to FS anyone to win top ten spots. Come to think of it, hasn't SMz won EC also?

You never beat me in EC. Are you really that pathetic to have to lie about your accomplishments? I'm sorry that you feel so insecure or whatever, but it's really not my problem.

Ivan Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 21:10:17

er I think theres another 5-6 sofers that beat you in EC

Give it a rest already slag

de1i Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 21:20:56

I beat all of you then NA nuked the piss out of me :(

I win.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 8th 2010, 21:31:43

Since 2009 (when I came back to the game), I don't believe that SoF and I have ever netted during the same set.

Edited By: Slagpit on Nov 9th 2010, 0:04:04
See Original Post

Makinso Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 21:33:36

220 Posts!

Murf Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 21:36:34

slagpit if sof nets next set i guarentee that a sof country will finish higher than you

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 8th 2010, 21:40:17

The only way that you can guarantee something like that is by killing my country.

Murf Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 22:15:03

nope i just have faith in several sofers ability to net, thats why I guarentee it, your country wouldnt be touched, they'd just beat you straight up

Makinso Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 22:35:58

hhmmmm

Beat up slagpit?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 8th 2010, 22:56:22

I'm sure you are knowledgeable about your fellow clanmate's abilities, but what about mine? You don't know anything about how I play (unless you've been hiding in EVO under an alias for a year), so how can you make such a guarantee? Faith is not a guarantee.

For example, I wouldn't make any kind of guarantee that I would finish with more NW than you next set, if SoF netted. I don't know anything your style of play or what you're capable of.

de1i Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 23:03:55

I'll out netgain you next reset.

aponic Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 23:08:05

Slagpit, I won EC in fall of 2008. Why don't you choke on it?

and you know I meant I beat you on the primary server after you gloated about winning it the reset before.
SOF
Cerevisi

cypress Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 23:12:10

Didn't he suicide you or something in Primary?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 8th 2010, 23:16:31

I didn't play at all during 2008, if I remember correctly. Certainly not EC.

Edited By: Slagpit on Nov 9th 2010, 0:05:21
See Original Post

de1i Game profile

Nov 8th 2010, 23:17:00

I R 1337 NETGAINER HEAR ME ROAR

Chevs

Nov 8th 2010, 23:31:53

Slag you are so awesome nobody can beat you at a text based game! you are so beyond godlike you must brag to your parents and your dog about how good you are at EE!

You are simply too good to lose! If you lose its because you ran a joke strat and weren't trying! Thats how good you are!

Please teach me via paypal and contact me at . This game is way too hard netting is impossible!
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 8th 2010, 23:36:24

I never even said I was good at EE in this thread.

Don't you clowns have anything better to do than make fluff up?

Chevs

Nov 8th 2010, 23:52:03

Originally posted by Slagpit:
I never even said I was good at EE in this thread.

Don't you clowns have anything better to do than make fluff up?

not really no.

why dont you guys all chill out. because my daddy can beat up all your daddy's anyway
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 0:01:04

All these comments about slagpit from some SoF clowns are ridiculous.

He does run joke strats all the time Chevs, not b/c he is so l33t dominate at this game that winning str8 up is just too easy (in fact he never has won EC I don't think). He runs them b/c he is a math nerd who loves trying to optimize his NW subject to some set of constraints. The game is way better off thanks to what he has learned via these experiments I am sure. And to call Slagpit a braggart is so off-base its not even funny.

Would SMz beat Slag if both netted "seriously" next set. If I had to guess I'd give it better than 70% odds, b/c SMz would camp more targets (as well as be the first to snatch up retals clanmates don't want), end up higher in land than Slag the whole stocking phase, and jump competently. But even SMz would be absurd to say he would guarantee victory, anything can happen in any given set...I beat some people in EVO 2 sets ago and lost to them last set. Is this really shocking to people that player A can win in one set and player B in another?

As for everyone else in SoF, I really don't know how well any of you net, but I'd be surprised if after so many sets of warring, and outside of this set, not warring that well I might add, that you would actually be able to beat Slagpit (or more generally place in the top 10 say). Am I gonna guarantee you won't...no, like I (and slagpit) have said earlier that would be silly.

I disagree with Slagpit on one thing tho. I could guarantee beating him in NW next set without killing his country. I think 100 ABs a day from friends would do the trick... =)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 9th 2010, 0:06:26

I'm not editing out the "clowns" part!

Chevs

Nov 9th 2010, 0:08:41

Well I was just flaming for the sake of flaming. This whole thread is too absurd to be taken seriously

I woulnd't spend money on EE anyway :P
SOF Head Of Poop

Murf Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 21:01:35

makes me just wanna FA evo for old times sake lol

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 21:06:31

is that A supposed to be an S lol?

Murf Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 21:29:49

lol yea stupid typing

aponic Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 22:00:07

So to summarize:

Slagpit did not net in 2008.
The last time SOF netgained was 2008.

If EVO wants to try and out-netgain SOF, we will be happy to drop our pact for next set.
SOF
Cerevisi

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 9th 2010, 22:09:15

Sof netted at least three times during 2009-2010, why do I have to correct you on this?

Prodde Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 22:16:48

U do know there is a difference between netting and not ending up in a war right?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 9th 2010, 22:21:49

Ah, I forgot that you guys warred ICN in August - Sept 2009. My bad.

Which set are you making that claim for, Apr - May 2010?

Prodde Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 22:26:47

I never claimed either set as this is my first set back for perhaps 6-7 years. I just asked if u knew the difference. Simple question i would thought.

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 1:25:58

is this war over now that sof is policing for others?

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 1:41:08

Originally posted by Prodde:
U do know there is a difference between netting and not ending up in a war right?

actually a very good point.

I would add there is also a difference between netting and ending up in a war. And thus, I'm not sure dropping a pact is a good way to try to outnetgain an alliance aponic=)

trep Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 1:53:54

People still net? I thought we just come here to have a place to idle around during the daytime while playing mafia.

Jeez quite a lot of old SoFers around still =P

hai! where is khan skitch and hombre?

"Somebody from Avengers"

aponic Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 2:12:45

Unlike EVO who netgains every reset, SOF almost always war preps. To compare an outright netgaining effort with an alliance that is war prep'ing half the reset is just illogical.

Edited By: aponic on Nov 10th 2010, 21:44:18. Reason: ...
See Original Post
SOF
Cerevisi

aponic Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 2:15:00

Trep: hombre is MIA for the last year. Skitch and Khan idle in #m0m0 still.
SOF
Cerevisi

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 10th 2010, 2:49:24

I was told that SoF planned on netgaining during the first set of EE. If that was wrong, fine.