Verified:

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 4:28:57

what is the reason they started going down in price?
does it have something to do with war or peace ?
will they go up if more alliances go to war?

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 4:30:21

its all those theos IMO. People are already starting to destock and with no 2 billion bug you can destock all at once so it only takes a few destockers to quickly crash the bushel market...

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 4:46:17

Genius.

If only he could better manage his contact info.

Thomas Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 5:09:57

That, in combination with PDM now unloading stock to war SoL.

Chewi Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 5:29:41

Food will be 39 by tomorrow.

locket Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 6:42:46

You also have to keep in mind that laf not netting affects it too. And all the restart farmers etc

Link Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 7:28:30

im pretty sure that now you can sell your food on private for 39 with enough military tech lol. i dont think anyone who is wise enough to get a decent grasp on the market would sell their stock for any less than 41 ( probably higher) on public.. then again people tend to do dumb things alot round these parts :P
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 7:46:10

Link, it will drop to $39. Chewi's probably right in saying that it will happen tomorrow but, even if he's wrong about the time, it will happen by the end of the reset.

In every reset in the last 10 years, food had always dropped down to maximum private market price towards the end. Up until now, that's always been $32. This reset, it's $39.

It's just a friendly suggestion, but you might want to make sure you understand why that's happened in every reset for the last 10 years before making any predictions about this reset being different. This is especially true if you're going to claim that anyone who disagrees with you isn't "wise enough to get a decent grasp on the market".

Selling at $39 isn't dumb, it's necessary. You'll become a much better player if you ask somebody why.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

gwagers Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 10:04:07

Taxes indicate that selling on the public for $39 is not bright.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 10:23:04

Seriously? It's not like you're new to the game gwagers. Do you really not have a basic understanding of how the food market has always worked?

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

gwagers Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 10:31:00

I trust my leadership, what can I say? "Basic understanding" comes from the people who taught me how the game works. If Alliance markets work differently than Team markets (where I learned how to net) now would be a good time to tell me. Otherwise, take it up with MKR leadership.

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

ZIP Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 10:45:02

it will be 39 cause a demo is the only one who can sell food on the private for 39, all others max sell price is 38. now if a demo sees the food for 38 or less he can make a profit, making 39 the floor. he will not buy for 40 cause he will be loosing money.

so to recap - 38 or less is good for demo, he buys -

40 or more he loses - bad.

39 is a courtesy buy-out
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 10:49:35

Okay, here's the run-down.

There's strategies that need to de-stock bushels that can't do so at $39 on the private market. The supply of bushels from these countries far exceeds the demand for bushels from other countries at this point in the reset. As a result, the majority of these bushels do not have buyers.

The only way to find a buyer is to make it worth someone's while to buy them. If they don't need the food to consume, that means letting them sell it. Usually these buyers are demo's, they'll buy any bushel that pops up at $38 immediately and resell it on the private market for a profit. Often, friendly demos will buy bushels at $39 and simply resell without suffering a loss.

Either way, if the bushel price is above $39 they won't get bought because a demo will lose money on that deal -- and there aren't enough food consumers to consume everything that's been stocked up to this point in the reset.

Hence, $39 for food.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 14:41:37

MBs still decrease private market sell prices. So some people with max military tech still can't sell for anything close to $39 on their PM. Let us now publicly mock Link and gwagers

M m i x X Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 15:54:00

yeah... only demo with max mil tech and no MB will profit on reselling bushels on the private market.
-=(M m i x X)=-

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 16:00:43

since when is there no 2B bug?? so what i can stock all my bushels on hand if i wanted to?

M m i x X Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 16:06:19

2B bug was removed from the start of this set.
-=(M m i x X)=-

M m i x X Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 16:07:14

-=(M m i x X)=-

Ivan Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 16:39:58

theres still decay serb and theres a small penalty for having more then 2 bil cash on hand like a small tax

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 16:56:12

oh i see pretty interesting

Zahc Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 16:59:54

you can have it all home aslong as you dont run any turns
llort orp s`fos

CrisX1

Nov 10th 2010, 17:02:58

The main reason the 2 bil limit was removed was for to make it easier and faster to destock, also for the resellers, but hold all your stock in hand cause there's no more limit? That's not a good idea at all serb.
ICN- Alliance Server

archaic Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 18:28:58

Well, I guess because I was the one that taught gwagers to run a farmer - and much like Yoda, never got a chance to finish the lessons, I'll add my 2 bits.

Right now there is just a glut of bushels because the TMBR's that think they can do better be reselling for the remainder of the set are destocking way more bushels then everybody can eat.

TMBR's still have to destock on the public market, so they essentially set up a cycle of selling the low priced bushels that demo's are buying out. Although the TMBR has been weakened a bit, it is still viable - so there will still be bushels hitting the market at or below the $38 dollar floor price - they just won't last very long.

Obviously, for pure farmers like me - this is the suxor time of the set. I HAVE to max my private market price by buying Mil-Tech if I want to sucessfully destock. Mil-tech has become as essential for farmers as Ag-tech, ironically making farmers a two-tech strat just like cashers. Fortunately, farmers can at least afford to wait until the price drops buyfore they buy Mil-tech.

There, that should save me from getting strat-pwned by an iMagger.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

trep Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 18:36:40

Shouldn't really affect you as a farmer now as you shouldn't really need to sell bushels much anyways. Military tech is the same as before for a farmer...you buy enough to lower military expenses while stocking.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 10th 2010, 18:47:18

rofl archaic. just because we choose not to net on the alliance server doesn't mean we don't understand the concept of strategy and netgaining.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

archaic Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 19:08:34

that was sarcasm, iZ, some of the sharpest folks left in the game are imaginary - although you guys are WAY to chunky this set if you are netting ;p

trep, the reason farmers need mil tech is to be able to destock on the private market because the public market has been deemphasized (in a good way IMO) by the rule change. Military costs during stocking are not really strat dependant, so to me that c/b cancels out.

Link Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 19:13:20

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
Link, it will drop to $39. Chewi's probably right in saying that it will happen tomorrow but, even if he's wrong about the time, it will happen by the end of the reset.

In every reset in the last 10 years, food had always dropped down to maximum private market price towards the end. Up until now, that's always been $32. This reset, it's $39.

It's just a friendly suggestion, but you might want to make sure you understand why that's happened in every reset for the last 10 years before making any predictions about this reset being different. This is especially true if you're going to claim that anyone who disagrees with you isn't "wise enough to get a decent grasp on the market".

Selling at $39 isn't dumb, it's necessary. You'll become a much better player if you ask somebody why.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

lol i appreciate you trying to help, but i have played this game for longer than you think, and with the new private market prices should come new public market sell out eventually, those that dont figure it out are going to lose out not by much but they will, for the same reason you wouldnt sell your food on public for less than 36 (demo aside) a bushel in the beginning, no one should sell on for less than 40 (probably 42)

i was simply trying to help people realize this.. maybe im wrong.. doubt it though. regardless, i'll be just fine :P
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Link Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 19:17:08

and again, im not speaking for demo's or mbr's of any kind, just for those who are dropping stock,(unless your a demo, or have converted to MB's) buying military tech and selling your food for 38 on private is better than selling it on public for 39. fact
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

highrock Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 19:20:37

food will get to $39 because all the MBRs must sell on the public market because those MBs will drop the private market sell price into the 20s. therefore, the price will converge to around $39/$40 toward the end of the reset. anybody who doesn't think so doesn't really know what they are doing...
formerly Viola MD

Link Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 19:24:15

i know it will, and the mrb's will likley have to make such sacrifices unless the drop stock before converting witch is retarded imo lol. in case i didnt say it in my first post, i was not speaking for demos/mbrs
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 21:23:19

Wait a second Link... you were disagreeing with Chewi about what would happen to the market (at least, so it seemed), but not bothering to take into account anyone with MBs, Democracies or Theocracies?

I know your post isn't explicit about disagreeing with Chewi, but I can't think of any other context in which it makes sense. No one else has mentioned $39 food prices or really touched on the topic of how far the market will crash. Were you responding to someone else? Or making a post entirely unrelated to what was already said in this thread?

I don't disagree that a lot of countries shouldn't sell on the public market for under $41... but that's a very round-about-way of saying they should sell on the private market at $38. But we're talking about the public market, which will still flat-line at $39 because of un-teched Demo's (potentially) and MBRs with huge stocks.

Anyway, you seem to (more or less) understand now, so I see no point continuing this discussion with you. If, as you claim, you were trying to make some point with your original post that got misinterpreted -- you were incredibly inarticulate in communicating that point. If (as I suspect) you're not just trying to cover up for a lack of knowledge that's embarrassing in someone with as much experience as you have -- you've still got a bunch of holes in your argument, I've taken the time to point out some of them though, so please keep spinning until you find a way to explain away your error.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

grimjoww Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 21:29:21

crash!!!

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 21:29:36

Originally posted by archaic:
There, that should save me from getting strat-pwned by an iMagger.

There's more embarrassing people to get "strat-pwned" by then me. I appreciate the jibe though. :)

And there's truth in what Zarcon said. iMagNum has a lot more netting potential than anyone seems willing to accept. I have top 10 finishes across various servers going back to 2001... and I'm not the best netter in iMagNum.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

trep Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 21:41:39

Originally posted by archaic:
that was sarcasm, iZ, some of the sharpest folks left in the game are imaginary - although you guys are WAY to chunky this set if you are netting ;p

trep, the reason farmers need mil tech is to be able to destock on the private market because the public market has been deemphasized (in a good way IMO) by the rule change. Military costs during stocking are not really strat dependant, so to me that c/b cancels out.

makes no difference if you're a farmer or casher or techer or oiler. everyone has bushels as stock. if you're going to destock on private market, it's the same regardless of your strat

archaic Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 21:49:16

told ya that you guys were too chunky to net

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 22:50:55

the amount of dumb in this thread is astounding...

Link Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 23:03:07

hey fool your the only one trying to argue here, i admit that i was stoned when i posted my first post and didn't clarify wtf i was talking about, but i was simply saying that anyone not reselling or not demo would be stupid to put food on public for less that 41, now troll me some more all you want.

also, do you actually hand type your sig on every post? lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 23:04:55

Fair enough. I know enough about drunk posting to realize that that's an easy way to make a mistake.

And yes, I do hand-type my sig onto every post.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Link Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 23:06:05

nice, lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Chewi Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 23:29:30

Hmm guess it won't hit 39. Not enough people panicking or stock dumping PDMers!

gwagers Game profile

Nov 18th 2010, 0:10:11

Sorry to bring a seven-day-old post out of retirement, but I kind of forgot to see the response to my part of the discussion back when it was relevant. Thanks for explaining, Foog and ZIP; I never understood reselling strategy, so this discussion was very informative.

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 18th 2010, 3:47:51

don't worry bud these days 7 days old is really brand spanking new:(