Verified:

Ayahuasca Game profile

Apr 25th 2010, 9:52:58

Okay so I may just be drunk and this is an "idea", but I think this idea would be great.

With all the wars and side taking going on in this game why don't we create factions?

Nothing is better and creates more loyalty than having to pick between two sides. Red vs Blue, (warcraft - Alliance vs Horde), North vs South, anything really.

Both sides could have the top netters and warmongers go at it. That way we all win.

just a thought.

If its stupid that's alright just let this thread drop to the bottom. I'm going to pass out.

Makinso Game profile

Apr 25th 2010, 11:08:47

Aren't Factions like coaltions then though.........

*scratches head*

Rick Game profile

Apr 25th 2010, 11:33:03

I'd rather see a "Domination" server be created where you're randomly slotted into "Red" or "Blue" team and the object of the game is to wipe everyone else out as fast as you can, or have the biggest NW at the end of the time.

Could be 10-day express style game.

Would be fun.

braden Game profile

Apr 25th 2010, 13:11:38

is it october already?

RED OR WHITE, PICK YOUR COLOUR!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 25th 2010, 13:55:57

what.. you don't want to be pink?
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Hellrush Game profile

Apr 25th 2010, 15:25:30

Ill be pink with you martian

braden Game profile

Apr 25th 2010, 15:29:26

my history is a little shady there, but i didn't know they offered a pink option?

that must have been trotsky. you can kind of see on his face.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 25th 2010, 15:57:11

you are mr pink!
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Sifos Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 0:13:36

How about Rick's idea but with 3 teams?
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Rick Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 0:16:45

FTW

danzigrules Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 0:44:35

Just take out the Networth, and make it the war game that it is supposed to be.

Hobo Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 1:14:20

I can't fight with Martian. His body odor is even worse than mine.

Ruthie

Apr 26th 2010, 1:16:05

martian still has my body, so I dont have many choices ;)
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 26th 2010, 5:05:50

That is just never gonna work. Trust me on this. First off there is too many personalities in this game that clash already. And this game is not like wow, in this game everyone seems to know just about everyone. And either they don't like someone or they love someone or they love someone's wife secretly. OR they just have secret mancrush on each other. Anyhow what happens when one clan gets put in a faction with another clan that don't get along or two leaders from each clan don't get along??
See where I am getting at?

Edited By: galleri on Apr 26th 2010, 5:08:21

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Rick Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 5:27:46

Nah, you don't get it galleri. Let me explain:

You signup for the server. It puts YOU into a random faction. There are no alliances to speak of. YOU are just a member of x or y faction for the duration of that set. And your goal is to destroy the other faction(s) or beat them in total NW. Each 'faction' would have a forum at their disposal, but the people assigned to each faction would change each set hypothetically.

= win

Rick Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 5:31:26

You could even call it "Elimination" or "Deathmatch".. it would attract a particular part of our population and may resonate with younger players who want to give the game a try and see the 'action' that lacks in the Alliance server.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 26th 2010, 5:31:29

right so what happens when Nuk & SS get put on the same faction, say faction A? Faction A implodes as its members attack each other?
Finally did the signature thing.

Rick Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 5:33:00

Ahahaha.

No one in the same faction could hit each other; you'd hardcode that one in. And your identities wouldn't really be known if they didn't want to disclose it. You'd just be known as

i like fluff (#xxx)

!!!!

AoS Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 5:47:55

Rick has a good idea in theory, except that everyone would have to get lots of turns. You wouldn't be able to organize everyone so easily, and you'd need at least some form of leadership, without lots of turns.

At the same time though, if you could get the kinks all worked out, that'd be pretty fun.
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

Rick Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 5:57:10

Absolutely. We'd need the game to be an express-mode. Instead of an express mode lasting 3 days, we make it 10+ days, or even a full month.

As for the leadership and coordination, I think letting those things develop organically with time is best. Eventually you'll get people operating properly with time because the same few people will always step up with their strategic thinking, etc. Much like alliances started out in Earth over a decade ago.

I think it'd be a fun 'new style' for the game. And I think if people could join the game and instantly be part of a team working towards a common goal, people may stick more often than not.

locket Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 6:12:48

Rick
I'd rather see a "Domination" server be created where you're randomly slotted into "Red" or "Blue" team and the object of the game is to wipe everyone else out as fast as you can, or have the biggest NW at the end of the time.

Could be 10-day express style game.

Would be fun

I like this idea. Give them an ingame forum for arguing insulting and setting KTs? :P

Rick Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 6:15:30

That sounds about right.