Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2020, 20:23:03

I run a nightclub and a restaurant in downtown philly. Cancelled without pay until april.

Who's with me on the couch atm?

LightBringer Game profile

Mar 16th 2020, 20:26:51

I've been off work for about, hmm, 3 years?
Hello

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2020, 20:39:00

Like retirement or what? 3 years on unep is craaaazy. I just meant your job getting coronavirus killed.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2020, 20:39:26

i work remote. its not a huge difference, i work remote when im in the office anyway.
Don of LaF

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2020, 20:42:59

I'm in food transportation so my workload has been increased a tad bit....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

The_Hawk

Mar 16th 2020, 21:36:20

Working for public health so opposite. Increased work and if we do get sick without enough sick/vacation they are kind enough to let us go into the negative as long as we pay it back by December... did the senate pass the bill yet?

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

braden Game profile

Mar 16th 2020, 21:37:06

Mother and sister both off work, paid (unions!). Mother came back from Florida with the grandkids and my sister returned from Australia /Bali 3 week trip so their both shut down for two weeks.

My season is just starting back up so I'm leaving ei and transitioning back to payroll. Unless they shut down the whole city.

Drinks on Derrick come April if you can make it to philly!

mrcuban Game profile

Mar 16th 2020, 21:43:47

That they say is the greater threat for most people, not the virus itself but the flow on effect from all these events / industries / isolation.

I will say that if it was proven the virus was birthed in Wuhan, China. Shouldn't we all send the bill to China recoup the costs? I saw first hand the lock down of Wuhan to be months too late, with suspending travel AFTER HALF THE fluffING POPULATION left (5m people left wuhan before they locked down).

Drow Game profile

Mar 16th 2020, 21:44:40

Not yet, but don't exactly have much to do. getting some training in on lighting desks and vision etc in the mean time
Work in events

Retired Earth type.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2020, 21:45:49

Drinks always on me but certainly not until april. I'm more bummed than financially hurt perhaps not like others in my industry. I'm salaried so funemployment for this old rat.

mrford Game profile

Mar 16th 2020, 21:53:11

fluff work. my 401k had dropped almost $100k in the last 2 weeks. lol

granted, it will come back, and I'm 30 years from touching it, but damn it is depressing to look at lol.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Banks Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2020, 22:16:59

I am remote for the next month..

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2020, 22:29:34

Working from home. fluff China.

braden Game profile

Mar 16th 2020, 22:31:53

I've been saying it for two fluffing decades. At least we had a decent concert after sars.

BigP Game profile

Mar 17th 2020, 12:54:30

Still at work being paid.
- SoF

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 17th 2020, 15:52:05

/me wonders how the Backpage hoes will supplement their income.... That's the real question here.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 17th 2020, 16:56:10

Yeah. Tis true. Its not just hard on bars and restaurants. It's also tough on whores.

Drow Game profile

Mar 17th 2020, 21:37:36

Not yet for me, but I suspect I won't be far off. I work in events, and everything 500+ has been banned here, and pretty much everything else has gone as well. Got a few small things still going on at present, but it's not pretty. Our government is likely to announce bans on anything over 100 people either today or in the next couple of days.

Retired Earth type.

Neil Game profile

Mar 17th 2020, 21:47:11

all my work is cancelled, fluffing sucks as well because i had my whole year figured out, right now ive lost at least 4,500 euros but will probably be worse............
In lockdown at the moment for the next 2 weeks, went for a run today (allowed for the moment) and the police stopped and questioned me.

braden Game profile

Mar 18th 2020, 1:05:05

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
/me wonders how the Backpage hoes will supplement their income.... That's the real question here.

Back pages was shut down.. at least up Canada way, we'll before any China flu. I haven't had meth and a blow job delivered to the corner of my street in a minute.

bigdogcwg Game profile

Mar 18th 2020, 6:04:08

I suspect way more layoffs will be happening. Right now my employer is forced to "work from home" but hearing that they might make some "sacrifices" soon. And being the newest member and least experienced...know I am on "the list" for sure based on some recent questions.

Big Dog
Clowns with Guns

Banks Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 18th 2020, 8:16:27

Originally posted by bigdogcwg:
I suspect way more layoffs will be happening. Right now my employer is forced to "work from home" but hearing that they might make some "sacrifices" soon. And being the newest member and least experienced...know I am on "the list" for sure based on some recent questions.

Big Dog
Clowns with Guns

I would not say "least experienced"... just low man on the totem pole.

Suicidal Game profile

Mar 18th 2020, 10:03:20

Spring is coming

Symac

Mar 18th 2020, 10:32:36

Was already remote mostly, but no one works, so nothing gets stressed, and nothing breaks.
It's beautiful, everyone else I work with is from 3rd party, service, or provider companies, all their contracts are on hiatus. I am getting paid to watch a dead email for automated problem tickets, because there is no one in any office right now to generate them.

Not all that great though, family and I all probably got the wuhan. Who knows, you have to be cold on a slab before they will test you here, and there is no cure so it is what it is. Got passed around in my kids school. We knew we were screwed when her friend missed a week of school, then we hung out, heard the cough, her mom told us the symptoms, and then our states confirmed infections went from 0 to 20+ the next day. We isolated but had to keep sending to school and do some shopping. About 5 or 6 days later my kid got sent home from school with 103 fever, 2 days later they canceled school for a month. We all had symptoms within a few days. Kids both bounced back really fast but still have low fevers, cough, and headaches. Grumpy as hell too. Wife and I are not as easily but probably will fully recover.

Basically amounts to a really intense flu with cough and sometimes breathing problems. Wife and I both had 103.5ish fevers for about 24+. The spacing was weird. I was the last to finally be taken down a few days later than wife, who was a few days later than both kids who were basically the same time. Honestly, I make some joke of it a bit, but there was a solid 24 hours where I wasn't sure I would make it, and frankly that would have been just fine. It doesn't seem that bad because there isn't any digestive related issues, but besides that it is the sickest I have ever been.

Also a PSA against stockpiling. We went to Costco while we were isolating to buy fluffing toliet paper before the apocalypse people snatched it all, and likely spread this fluff to many others. Just another effect of stockpiling during a crisis. We could have made it 15 days with out but there was no telling what 15 days from then would be like. It took us 45 minutes to shop, and another 30 to check out...

Just buy a bidet toilet seat though, the only silver lining from all of this. Finally convinced my wife. Thanks Corona Virus!

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 18th 2020, 11:25:38

Where are you from Symac?

Drow Game profile

Mar 18th 2020, 13:03:43

officially home as of monday. com[any closing its doors for the duration. the change from no gatherings of 500+ to no gatherings of 100+ was the nail in the coffin. Still technically employed, and I have 1 week of leave to work with, but after that it's unpaid leave, until we can open the doors again.

Retired Earth type.

LightBringer Game profile

Mar 18th 2020, 13:03:44

Haha. Derrick, no. I've been traveling around the world.
Hello

Makinso Game profile

Mar 18th 2020, 13:11:44

Christ you americans have a stupid system.

Goverment support for anyone negatively impacted by Corona financially here has already been organized.
It won't be full coverage but they are pumping billions into civilian financial support. it is on a need to basis. So not everyone gets compensated you need to show that you will fall under minimal standards for income or get hit financially in a really hard and proveable way (don't know the exact calculations).

They organized it all in a 48 - 72 hours timeframe.

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 18th 2020, 14:15:00

Originally posted by Makinso:

Goverment support for anyone negatively impacted by Corona financially here has already been organized.
It won't be full coverage but they are pumping billions into civilian financial support. it is on a need to basis. So not everyone gets compensated you need to show that you will fall under minimal standards for income or get hit financially in a really hard and proveable way (don't know the exact calculations).

ahaha using the Netherlands as an example to laugh at America

here is how expats perceive the Dutch response: https://www.econjobrumors.com/...h-response-to-coronavirus

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 18th 2020, 14:18:47

The church I work for is shut down. But since I am the only person here in the week, and I have lots to do, the Pastor told me I still could come and be paid. I have stuff that needs shredding up on our third floor all the way 30 to 40 years ago. I have a lot of stuff that could get done during this time. So I am pretty thankful.

I have also told folks they MAY NOT come here to visit me unless they had to, phone calls only.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 18th 2020, 14:49:09

Originally posted by braden:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Back pages was shut down.. at least up Canada way, we'll before any China flu. I haven't had meth and a blow job delivered to the corner of my street in a minute.

Blasphemy
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 18th 2020, 14:56:06

Originally posted by galleri:
The church I work for is shut down. But since I am the only person here in the week, and I have lots to do, the Pastor told me I still could come and be paid. I have stuff that needs shredding up on our third floor all the way 30 to 40 years ago. I have a lot of stuff that could get done during this time. So I am pretty thankful.

I have also told folks they MAY NOT come here to visit me unless they had to, phone calls only.

On the bright side, you've got God all to yourself!
(•_•)

Makinso Game profile

Mar 18th 2020, 14:59:25

Originally posted by smikke:

here is how expats perceive the Dutch response: https://www.econjobrumors.com/...h-response-to-coronavirus

LOL,

I read it fully, but it is written colorfully. The lines people are talking about? For sex shops / coffee shops etc? Was only about coffee shops selling weed. And people buying their legal amount before closing shops down. It was never about restaurants etc. Far as I can see all gyms, restaurants etc in my area are closed.

It also fails to tell the goverment following WHO and RIVM guidelines on group immunity and how these shut downs were set to be evaluated in 3 weeks. Evaluation criteria are based on group immunity. also WHO presses the fact that full lockdowns won't give group immunity.

Yes the dutch are lightminded by nature and yes we usually tend to take light measures at first. But we know how to upgrade those quickly if need be. That same type attitude in governing and child education makes dutch people / childeren among the happiest in the world.

I understand the perception of an expat...... but it only tells half a story.

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 18th 2020, 19:20:14

LOL,

I read it fully, but it is written colorfully. The lines people are talking about? For sex shops / coffee shops etc? Was only about coffee shops selling weed. And people buying their legal amount before closing shops down. It was never about restaurants etc. Far as I can see all gyms, restaurants etc in my area are closed.

It also fails to tell the goverment following WHO and RIVM guidelines on group immunity and how these shut downs were set to be evaluated in 3 weeks. Evaluation criteria are based on group immunity. also WHO presses the fact that full lockdowns won't give group immunity.

Yes the dutch are lightminded by nature and yes we usually tend to take light measures at first. But we know how to upgrade those quickly if need be. That same type attitude in governing and child education makes dutch people / childeren among the happiest in the world.

Do you actually know how to scale up to serious measures though? The Dutch are #5 in Europe in deaths and are about to pass South Korea (the first big crisis outside of China) in deaths in less than a week. It shows that either the Dutch are unable to judge the situation correctly (given that the measures were until Monday looser than in countries with fewer than 5 deaths) or then that the Dutch are making a very economic calculation about an acceptable number of deaths that other countries refuse to make.

Symac

Mar 18th 2020, 20:36:05

Originally posted by Bug:
Where are you from Symac?

Iowa in the US.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 19th 2020, 0:50:04

You all wanna know a country that's fluffed up this week, Australia..

Basically they have left it up to businesses to close themselves, the spread is bad and the fact that our hospital system is already showing signs of struggling means this will only get worse. The idiot in charge basically is doing nothing, wont even bring parliament back to implement the financial aid he was talking about last week. So Italy 2.0 here we come.. 17-22 days from now expect Australia to be very high in related deaths.

Drow Game profile

Mar 19th 2020, 0:53:27

Bug: yep.
Here on our side of the country, cases are low, with no community transmission yet, but that's only because we aren't testing for it.

Retired Earth type.

Original Skywise L Game profile

Mar 19th 2020, 22:35:13

I skipped every every post to just answer the thread topic...No.
I even work 12's this weekend, because plastic is sooo needed in this world.
Realistically though, glad to be making money right now.
Skywise

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Mar 20th 2020, 3:20:42

Everyone at my company was told to work from home starting last monday. Woot.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Zorp Game profile

Mar 20th 2020, 3:57:39

I worked for a sign company with about 25 people employed. Yesterday, everybody hired during their expansion in the last year, 5 people including me, were let go. I was told off to the side that if fluff gets better and business picks back up soon they want to rehire me, so I'm basically done there. I don't see this getting any better for months at the very least.

Luckily before this job I worked at a family owned sub shop. They're busy as ever with so many other restaurants closing down, and they haven't found somebody to really fill my position since I left 5 months ago. So I'm back to cooking and making sandwiches in the hood, being exposed to hundreds of people a day. Until we get forcibly shut down anyway. So happy.

Edited By: Zorp on Mar 20th 2020, 3:59:48

Makinso Game profile

Mar 20th 2020, 10:40:23

LOL,

Do you actually know how to scale up to serious measures though? The Dutch are #5 in Europe in deaths and are about to pass South Korea (the first big crisis outside of China) in deaths in less than a week. It shows that either the Dutch are unable to judge the situation correctly (given that the measures were until Monday looser than in countries with fewer than 5 deaths) or then that the Dutch are making a very economic calculation about an acceptable number of deaths that other countries refuse to make.

Your numbers are off, we're number 8 - 10 switching up and down. But recent statistic measures of COVID-19 spread have shown 3 things correlate with these death numbers. Total of residents in a country but also population density and average age. Netherlands is a very population dense country. So us being high up in numbers isn't strange. Another discussed variable is ethnic background vs biology. It is hypothesized at this very moment that the southern europeans but also arabs in the netherlands (our younger people getting COVID and heavy health problems seems to be pre-dominantly of non-dutch background) carry more of the ACE2 proteïn which is one of the proteïns COVID-19 jumpstarts and spreads on.

As for knowing how to escalates measures. We are prepared, Netherlands has all protocols in place to switch scenarios in a matter of hours. Every (semi) government institution has a 3 - 4 scenario playbook ready to switch immediately. For instance the institution I work in is in scenario 2 atm. Meaning all childeren are prohibited to go on leave to their parents or leave the facility without guidance. Leaving the facility is only in a need to situation. All neccesary employees falling into the health risk category or having relatives in that category are on forced paid leave, other employees will put in more time to compensate.

Scenario 3 has been setup. We have rented half a hotel which is 100 meters away from us and fully vacant due to dutch government measures. We will quarantaine any childeren that are hit with COVID-19 there. In collaboration with hospitals and the local health department a new set of caretakers with medical protection etc. will be installed in case of quarantine.

Scenario 4 is total lockdown. Which means only a select group of volunteering employees will keep the facility running at 150% pay. These volunteers are mostly non-young parent / health risk employees. And will likely not leave the facility during lockdown AKA live here temporarily. If it''s a long lockdown it will be in 2 groups shifts of 7 days on 7 off. In the 7 days off the employees being off will live in the quarantine hotel we rented.

Working closely with police i dare to say they have the same preparation. Special teams with the army have been formed to lockdown the Netherlands completely if need be. Those measures can be in place within 1-2 hours of the command to lock the Netherlands down. Our biggest risk (small country densily popuplated) is also our protection in this case.

So yes we are prepared.

Symbolic Game profile

Mar 20th 2020, 11:38:27

The world if shut down for 2-3 weeks so far. I'm sitting at home for this war I guess :D

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 20th 2020, 14:54:57

Anyone else experiencing slower than usual internet speeds? I was doing a FIFA20 update on my Xbox yesterday and when I normally have 15mbs to 30mbs I was rarely getting into double digits, more than half the time dropping to kbs, the file was 5gig and it took a more than 2 hours to download the update 😣

Everyone and their grandparents are on the web...
(•_•)

BigP Game profile

Mar 20th 2020, 15:09:13

Day 2 of being at home and Ive got playdough all over my keyboard from my 3 year old.
- SoF

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 20th 2020, 15:31:11

Originally posted by BigP:
Day 2 of being at home and Ive got playdough all over my keyboard from my 3 year old.

Good times!
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Mar 20th 2020, 15:35:24

Ha! New country name: zorp made me a rueben with bacon

Too long I think :(

braden Game profile

Mar 20th 2020, 15:36:53

If my company is shut down for my updated resume should I put day drinking under experience or special skills?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 20th 2020, 16:06:42

Originally posted by braden:
If my company is shut down for my updated resume should I put day drinking under experience or special skills?

Sure, but add a disclaimer...."I don't drink Corona"
(•_•)

BigP Game profile

Mar 20th 2020, 16:46:57

lol
- SoF

archaic Game profile

Mar 20th 2020, 23:41:08

fluff no, I work in the oil field - I've been standing in calf deep mud in the pouring rain all week. My wife is off though, she invaded my home office and wo-MAN spread her fluff everywhere.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov