Verified:

Prime

Dec 17th 2020, 2:34:12

How many people here think its some sort of effort to place tracking devices? What about purposefully give us some sort of other disease? And who here thinks COVID is a hoax completely?
I'm just curious what the thoughts are in some of our players in general

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2020, 16:29:20

I think they're approaching it the wrong way, I'm not planning on injecting myself with a vaccine for a virus I may or may not be immune to, I'll hold off until there's a test for immunity before injecting more chemicals into my body without even understanding what the side effects will be, for every action there's a reaction.

Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Buch Game profile

Dec 19th 2020, 5:26:23

Why would anyone get a vaccine that only last 3 months?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 19th 2020, 13:01:21

Theres no one saying it lasts only 3 months. What they are saying is they have only tested it for 3 months so they only know it works for AT LEAST 3 months. Which is something completely different.

I will probably take a vaccine(dont know which). I wont get the opportunity to take it til its been injected into probably a few hundred million people, so if there are any major safety concerns they will have been noticed by then. :)

The issue with covid for me is not really concerns about my health. The issue is that I have people I care about in risk groups that I want to meet(grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts, coworkers), and I might not know if they are vaccinated. That will be partially solved by taking the vaccine.
Further, I'd like to be able to travel with less concerns of being stranded and forced into quarantine because I get sick somewhere. A vaccine will help against that as well.

TL;DR it makes traveling less cumbersome. It may help me avoid going to a funeral. So yes I will be very likely to take the vaccine.

Buch Game profile

Dec 19th 2020, 14:56:41

Ok sorry atleast 3 months haha. And they say you may still be able to catch and transmit to others. Still have to wear a mask social distance blah blah blah.

It seems worthless to me. Because according to the manufacturer it may not even stop the spread of the virus.

Change my mind tell me why I should get it

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 19th 2020, 17:12:40

They only tell people they still need a mask because of those 5% that do not get immunity to the virus. Its your idiotic american lawsuits that force such extreme positions. Otherwise ONE vaccinated person dies in covid because he was giving fellatio to 20 covid patients just because he assumes he is safe to do so, then his relatives sue Pfizer for 173 billion dollars.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 19th 2020, 17:51:03

I still need to wait. Considering I have allergic reactions to 15 known medications...
I have seen the UK thing and now the ones in the US.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 0:46:49

Originally posted by Gerdler:
The issue with covid for me is not really concerns about my health. The issue is that I have people I care about in risk groups that I want to meet(grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts, coworkers), and I might not know if they are vaccinated. That will be partially solved by taking the vaccine.

Wait, you mean you want them vaccinated as well, right? if you get the vaccine you don't become immune to transmitting it to others, If you're immune you still can pass it along and to my understanding the vaccine doesn't kill it, it just prevents you from getting sick, however you can still pass it on, so even with the vaccine you still have to wash your hands and wear the mask etc, etc, if someone with the covid 19 hugs you and then you hug someone who isn't vaccinated, that person will be exposed to the virus.

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Dec 20th 2020, 0:51:13
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 0:49:44

Dp
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 0:54:48

Has anyone heard about anything being developed to test your immunity to covid-19? I know there was a lot of talk about that in the first few months of the pandemic, but after drug companies said they're working on a vaccine I never heard anything else about immunity tests....and I believe that is extremely important information to have.
(•_•)

Buch Game profile

Dec 20th 2020, 0:59:53

I ain't caught it yet so I must be immunes

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 1:13:40

Originally posted by Buch:

You can still spread it, just as if you were vaccinated, you can still spread it.
(•_•)

Buch Game profile

Dec 20th 2020, 1:16:45

Oh and to answer your main question. Covids real but no where near the deadly disease it's made out to be in my opinion. If you is old stay it's serious. I think most of my town has had it. And it's an older community and havent heard of anyone feeling symptoms more than a day or two. But no one here sits still either...

Buch Game profile

Dec 20th 2020, 1:20:12

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

You can still spread it, just as if you were vaccinated, you can still spread it.

That's other people's problem. They can stay home holed up.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 1:29:39

Oh and to answer your main question. Covids real but no where near the deadly disease it's made out to be in my opinion. If you is old stay it's serious. I think most of my town has had it. And it's an older community and havent heard of anyone feeling symptoms more than a day or two. But no one here sits still either...

Agreed, I know lots of people that had it and only one ended up hospitalized, my sister is a physical therapist and one of her friends that is also a PT in another city spread covid-19 to her family without even knowing, she never got even the sniffles from it 🤷
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 20th 2020, 5:33:55

Wait, you mean you want them vaccinated as well, right? if you get the vaccine you don't become immune to transmitting it to others, If you're immune you still can pass it along and to my understanding the vaccine doesn't kill it, it just prevents you from getting sick, however you can still pass it on, so even with the vaccine you still have to wash your hands and wear the mask etc, etc, if someone with the covid 19 hugs you and then you hug someone who isn't vaccinated, that person will be exposed to the virus.

Yes and no. Assuming im not one of those 5-10% who the vaccine has no effect on I cant infect other people with the virus comming from me. But if lets say I hug someone with covid and get it on my hands I can ofc transfer it to someone else just like a covid person could touch a cell phone and through that infect another person. But I wont breathe virus, since I wont be infected.
Thats why social distancing will still be helpful(albeit not as important if you wash your hands between shaking different peoples hands etc).
Saying that you need a mask still is probably just because they are afraid of people taking their masks off and claiming they've been vaccinated while they have not been, or just a cheap precautionary effort.

Edited By: Gerdler on Dec 20th 2020, 5:36:24
See Original Post

Buch Game profile

Dec 20th 2020, 7:29:54

Yes and no. Assuming im not one of those 5-10% who the vaccine has no effect on I cant infect other people with the virus comming from me. But if lets say I hug someone with covid and get it on my hands I can ofc transfer it to someone else just like a covid person could touch a cell phone and through that infect another person. But I wont breathe virus, since I wont be infected.
Thats why social distancing will still be helpful(albeit not as important if you wash your hands between shaking different peoples hands etc).
Saying that you need a mask still is probably just because they are afraid of people taking their masks off and claiming they've been vaccinated while they have not been, or just a cheap precautionary effort.

Ope I'm gonna have to stop you there. According to my governor you can't catch covid by people touching things. Unless they are at a restaurant or gym. So you in fact cannot infect people by hugging or borrowing a cell phone.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 20th 2020, 8:42:13

Your governor isn't speaking the truth. Fomites do carry infection. To which degree, we dont know. Most scientists agree that for covid19 this is a minor pathway of transmission. For some other infections its the main pathway.

If fomites cause 1%, 10% or 30% of the infections no one knows yet. But it is possible.

If Im covid infected and I caugh straight onto your sallad at short distance it's probably safe for you to eat it(so you dont need to toss the salad :), but if you touch your plate and then touch your eyes or bottom of your nose you can get infected.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 20:08:22

Without Derrick-posting and just answering the question at hand, I'll say my mother asked me the same question because she works at a nursing home and will have access to the vaccine in the coming weeks.

In the vaccine trials people with allergies to other medications did have problems as galleri pointed out, but my mother does not. I told her to get it as soon as possible.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 21:12:30

Ope I'm gonna have to stop you there. According to my governor you can't catch covid by people touching things. Unless they are at a restaurant or gym. So you in fact cannot infect people by hugging or borrowing a cell phone.

I didn't know you live in Oregon!

/end sarcasm
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 21st 2020, 1:16:11

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Without Derrick-posting and just answering the question at hand, I'll say my mother asked me the same question because she works at a nursing home and will have access to the vaccine in the coming weeks.

In the vaccine trials people with allergies to other medications did have problems as galleri pointed out, but my mother does not. I told her to get it as soon as possible.

If I worked at a nursing home I would take the vaccine even if I thought it was unsafe. I believe that inadvertently spreading a disease that kills one or several people you know can have psycological effects that are un-nice to live with. Doing everything I can to avoid that is just the obvious way to go about it imo.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2020, 2:00:52

If I worked at a nursing home I would take the vaccine even if I thought it was unsafe. I believe that inadvertently spreading a disease that kills one or several people you know can have psycological effects that are un-nice to live with. Doing everything I can to avoid that is just the obvious way to go about it imo.

I agree up until where people are going to let their guard down like it happened early on with the masks thinking they were protected from the virus, this has potential to make things worse if people that take the vaccine believe they're immune to spreading covid-19, even vaccinated you can continue to spread it, it's happening now with asymptomatics and people that don't get sick because something in their immune system shields them, most those people they don't even know they have it, happened with my sister's friend, she spread it to everyone in her family that she had close contact with, she had no clue she had it, her patients are tested before treatment and she gets tested every few days, it's clear that covid-19 has a very good contagion mechanism and it's half life is still unclear to most scientist, you ask 5 different scientist on how the virus spreads so effectively and stealthy and you get 5 different versions 🤷

That's my concern with the vaccine, people will have a false sense of security because they took it and people that didn't get vaccinated will still be at risk.

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Dec 21st 2020, 2:03:13
(•_•)

Buch Game profile

Dec 21st 2020, 2:01:30

Covid has already been through the nursing homes.... From when the out people with covid in them from The beginning......

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2020, 2:05:52

Covid has already been through the nursing homes.... From when the out people with covid in them from The beginning......

And people are getting covid-19 for a second time, remember when the so called experts were saying "once you get it you'll be immune" well that was bullfluff.... people that had it are getting it again.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 21st 2020, 2:35:51

I agree up until where people are going to let their guard down like it happened early on with the masks thinking they were protected from the virus, this has potential to make things worse if people that take the vaccine believe they're immune to spreading covid-19, even vaccinated you can continue to spread it, it's happening now with asymptomatics and people that don't get sick because something in their immune system shields them, most those people they don't even know they have it, happened with my sister's friend, she spread it to everyone in her family that she had close contact with, she had no clue she had it, her patients are tested before treatment and she gets tested every few days, it's clear that covid-19 has a very good contagion mechanism and it's half life is still unclear to most scientist, you ask 5 different scientist on how the virus spreads so effectively and stealthy and you get 5 different versions 🤷

That's my concern with the vaccine, people will have a false sense of security because they took it and people that didn't get vaccinated will still be at risk.

Difference is that while masks might have a tiny effect the vaccine is proven to stop 90-95% of the infections. Those people in risk groups will be very likely to take the vaccine and once they do the virus can still spread a but the death toll will be much lower.
I still have not worn a mask yet this year(I have not gone against recommendations, I just have avoided the few places where masks are recommended). But I will take the vaccine.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2020, 18:06:24

Yeah. I think it's important to realize what that 90% or 93% or 95% actually mean. It isnt as if it works perfectly in 95 people and doesnt work at all in 5.

The antibodies that the vaccine gives you will prevent the hook protein from attaching to a cell and thereby replicating 90-95% of the time. The way I understand it, which could be wrong because I dont understand necessarily all of the language in research papers, but we'd all still contract the virus and be contagious, we'd just be about 95% less sick and with lower appearances of virus per cell, in theory less contagious.

I'm more curious now if the UK mutation is still decreased by the current MHRA vaccines, but it actually seems like the goal is to distribute a vaccine that is very very safe and limits death to a non-hospital overwhelming level until community spread rates become manageable, and not to produce something like an inactivated protein vaccine without testing the long term ramifications (think like polio vaccine having extremely rare long term neurological side effects, that's extremely unlikely in this vaccine type, but this type just isnt 100% effective on anything).

Edited By: DerrickICN on Dec 21st 2020, 18:18:42
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2020, 20:35:15

Yeah. I think it's important to realize what that 90% or 93% or 95% actually mean. It isnt as if it works perfectly in 95 people and doesnt work at all in 5.

The antibodies that the vaccine gives you will prevent the hook protein from attaching to a cell and thereby replicating 90-95% of the time. The way I understand it, which could be wrong because I dont understand necessarily all of the language in research papers, but we'd all still contract the virus and be contagious, we'd just be about 95% less sick and with lower appearances of virus per cell, in theory less contagious.

I'm more curious now if the UK mutation is still decreased by the current MHRA vaccines, but it actually seems like the goal is to distribute a vaccine that is very very safe and limits death to a non-hospital overwhelming level until community spread rates become manageable, and not to produce something like an inactivated protein vaccine without testing the long term ramifications (think like polio vaccine having extremely rare long term neurological side effects, that's extremely unlikely in this vaccine type, but this type just isnt 100% effective on anything).

And with that being said I will put emphasis on why haven't they developed a test for immunity rather than inject millions of people with a vaccine that has no track record? That's my problem with this whole thing, they just want to vaccinate everyone and they're acting as if nothing bad will come from it, sorry but I'm not going to be injecting an unknown into my body, I've never even had a flu in my 44 years on this planet, I'll continue my safe practices that I know work for me and everyone I'm in contact with.

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Dec 21st 2020, 20:40:42
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2020, 21:20:18

Again, shooting from the hip a little here but I think theres a couple reasons for that.

First, no one seems to be immune in immunoglobulin tests to the virus infecting them. Everyone can get the virus, some folks are just asymptomatic. So it's not really immunity you're referring to. There isnt a world where some people cant get and dont transmit covid. Being asymptomatic and being immune are 2 very different things, and generally speaking, the level of community spread we are seeing means most everyone at least is not immune to breathing covid infected particles.

Second, the range of symptoms from heart problems to neurological receptor reactions like taste and smell and covid toe and fever and not being able to breathe etc are actually all spectrums. And people land all over these spectrums. What a vaccine of this type would do is make the symptoms of the virus far more predictable, in addition to the side effects of the vaccine being smaller ranges and more predictable as well.

We still dont fully understand how the virus does what it does to the people it does bad things to. And until we begin to understand exactly what is happening in people with severe infections, it's likely impossible to tell whether or not someone will get covid toe from the virus.

I think you could be right that eventually when we have a great understanding of how covid symptoms come to present themselves, whether it be thru people with higher ACE-2 receptor levels from being lame and not smoking hella weed or whatever, we'll have some understanding why some people were asymptomatic. But the research just hasn't hit that point yet and I dont think waiting on it makes more sense than this.

We still dont even know why some people are asymptomatic and some are severe and that's information youd need proceeding a determination of ones likelihood of having expressed symptoms.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Dec 21st 2020, 21:31:17
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2020, 21:31:47

Again, shooting from the hip a little here but I think theres a couple reasons for that.

First, no one seems to be immune in immunoglobulin tests to the virus infecting them. Everyone can get the virus, some folks are just asymptomatic. So it's not really immunity you're referring to. There isnt a world where some people cant get and dont transmit covid. Being asymptomatic and being immune are 2 very different things, and generally speaking, the level of community spread we are seeing means most everyone at least is not immune to breathing covid infected particles.

Second, the range of symptoms from heart problems to neurological receptor reactions like taste and smell and covid toe and fever and not being able to breathe etc are actually all spectrums. And people land all over these spectrums. What a vaccine of this type would do is make the symptoms of the virus far more predictable, in addition to the side effects of the vaccine being smaller and more predictable as well.

Yeah you know what I mean by immune, yeah there isn't a clear understanding of how each individual who gets it will react, but injecting millions with the vaccine including people that don't need it because they're strong enough to fight it off is simply silly, especially with the unknown side effects both long and short term of the vaccine, I don't have a problem identifying the most vulnerable based on what we already know and giving it to them, that's reasonable, but if they're going to mandate everyone getting it....that's overreaching and irresponsible especially when you can't answer simple questions, such as "what are my short term side effects and is it safe in the long term?"
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2020, 21:36:46

I forget the exact numbers, but I feel like the death ratio for people over 70 was like 1 in 5 and over 80 1 in 4.

It's kind of more about not killing your grandparents and not dying of a horrible fever and asphyxiation 30 years down the road. Because you'll continue to be able to be reinfected and transmit it until you get old enough to die of it.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2020, 22:54:54

I forget the exact numbers, but I feel like the death ratio for people over 70 was like 1 in 5 and over 80 1 in 4.

It's kind of more about not killing your grandparents and not dying of a horrible fever and asphyxiation 30 years down the road. Because you'll continue to be able to be reinfected and transmit it until you get old enough to die of it.

And the vaccine is still to be determined how long it protects you for, and even with the vaccine you can still spread the virus, so really the vaccine in my mind should be administered to people who really need it, it is not a one size fits all solution.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2020, 2:06:08

Well. We kinda all need it by that logic if we are going to be around people who are over the age of 70, or anyone else who might be around someone that age, were going to want to reduce the virus per particle as much as possible. I suppose we could just quarantine everyone over the age of 70 to prevent hospitals getting overwhelmed instead.

A 95% reduction of virus proteins in your body typically equals a roughly 95% reduction of virus proteins in your airborne respiratory particles.

You're right tho, it's going to be brutal still next summer without the right combination of people getting the virus severe that wont vax, people getting the vaccine, wearing masks, social distancing, staying home as much as possible. We ALSO have to lower community spread period. No matter how we go about this we cant succeed if 20% of people have it at once like some areas.

I dont really know what the solution is....it still doesnt seem like the endgame is anything other than less death. But I'm kinda ok with that until we learn more.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Dec 22nd 2020, 2:12:18
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2020, 3:14:03

No, those people needing it should get it, not me that never gets sick, all I've ever had was colds, I've gone years without one, again, even with vaccination you will spread it if you come in contact with sick people, if people that need it don't get it and come in contact with vaccinated people that got exposed to the virus they can still get it, I don't know how else to explain it.
(•_•)

Buch Game profile

Dec 22nd 2020, 3:43:37

I'm not ok with staying home anymore. I haven't since the beginning. I'm sick of this fluff. Pay nonessential people $600 a week plus their unemployment to stay home so that they can preach to me that I need to stay home but I need to continue my job because it's essential. I'm getting to the point where I think if you have stayed home part or all of this fluff you your useless to society anyways.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2020, 5:12:06

This is currently my one and only week home all this year, first time in 20 years I only take a week off from work and on day 3 I'm already itching to get back on the road 🤨
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 22nd 2020, 12:42:22

You forget that despite what everyone said this virus was very sensitive to summer or perhaps what activities we do in the summer. As soon as the weather got better the R-values in every country went well below 1, and as soon as it got fluffty again the R-value increased back over 1. Took months after summer before it became a problem here even tho it has been increasing ever so slowly since like August.
USA had 1/10th as many fatalities a day in the summer as you have now, we had about 1/100th what we have currently - you mean to tell me this is has nothing to do with the season?
The same thing will happen this year with the difference that while we enter summer most of our risk groups will be vaccinated and maybe half of the rest, plus some portion of the non-vaxxers will have disease mediated immunity.
Will be chill in the summer, Olympics will go on as planned and so will other sporting events. Autumn will start with less people infected and more people immune than now, so it will be chill for a long while, maybe forever.

Back in feb-april all the supply chains got rocked and it looked worrying, now they know better what they can't shut down so worst case you cant travel, go to a restaurant/bar/cinema/sporting event. So what? Get another hobby! Go fishing or some crap.

Edited By: Gerdler on Dec 22nd 2020, 12:45:02
See Original Post

Buch Game profile

Dec 22nd 2020, 13:40:42

Fishing! Well we can now because we just got to 4 inches of ice. Which is way behind schedule. And there's only one month left before fishing season closes. All hunting seasons close next week. And the great minnesota governor had the boundary water canoe area closed for awhile this summer.... You can't socially distance anywhere in the us more than up there!!!!! You're supposed to go to work so the stupid jobless people can eat and then sit at home alone because it's also against his order to have anyone in your own house.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2020, 19:38:53

You forget that despite what everyone said this virus was very sensitive to summer or perhaps what activities we do in the summer. As soon as the weather got better the R-values in every country went well below 1, and as soon as it got fluffty again the R-value increased back over 1. Took months after summer before it became a problem here even tho it has been increasing ever so slowly since like August.
USA had 1/10th as many fatalities a day in the summer as you have now, we had about 1/100th what we have currently - you mean to tell me this is has nothing to do with the season?
The same thing will happen this year with the difference that while we enter summer most of our risk groups will be vaccinated and maybe half of the rest, plus some portion of the non-vaxxers will have disease mediated immunity.
Will be chill in the summer, Olympics will go on as planned and so will other sporting events. Autumn will start with less people infected and more people immune than now, so it will be chill for a long while, maybe forever.

Back in feb-april all the supply chains got rocked and it looked worrying, now they know better what they can't shut down so worst case you cant travel, go to a restaurant/bar/cinema/sporting event. So what? Get another hobby! Go fishing or some crap.

I don't know anyone that said anything about season 🤷

Clearly covid-19 doesn't discriminate, people got infected all year.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 23rd 2020, 8:07:26

I don't know anyone that said anything about season 🤷

Clearly covid-19 doesn't discriminate, people got infected all year.

Now I never lived in south america. But theres some weird fluff going on, I dont know if its something they had a referrendum about or what but at least I know they have summer when we have winter and vice versa.

Look at any graph of confirmed covid deaths, hospitalizations or ICU patients where countries from south america, europe and north america are included and tell me that this virus spreads equally regardless of season.

This graph for instance:
https://tinyurl.com/ybs7fr4s

R0 doesnt go to 0 in summer but it sure as heck doesnt come close to 1. And you americans tried everything from protests, to motorcycle rallies, political rallies and other superspreader events as well as riots and you still couldnt get the R0 well above 1 til about November. As you can clearly see in the link; when summer got covid under control in europe and USA, south america was dying, and now they are mostly doing just fine and we are in the fluffter again.

Did south america just suddently become good at fighting the spread of covid? Or did something else happen? I wanna google and see what season they have there right now because I have no idea.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 23rd 2020, 20:10:29

Ahhhh I love getting sent down a research paper highway. You bring up some interesting points made scientifically here: https://msphere.asm.org/content/5/4/e00441-20

Based on the data, it depends a bit how much virus is present and what type of surface it is on, but exposure to 149 degrees (65 C) temps will kill all traces of the virus in about 3 minutes, and I was able to find about 4 studies into this that included washing clothes or N95 masks on the hot washing machine setting. The research holds up in all cases. But even temperatures as low as 120 F (50C) can kill the virus after about 50 minutes of exposure. The lower the temp, the longer the exposure time needed to kill virus particles.

I havent found research into this where they go below 50C and test for a period of some length, say hours around 40C, but they seem to conclude the virus will survive for longer on surfaces during colder weather days. Essentially the colder it is, the longer the virus will survive. Hypothesis confirmed.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Dec 23rd 2020, 20:15:10
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 23rd 2020, 20:48:55

Yeah it is Summer in Southern hemisphere as of yesterday, and I remember Dr Fauci saying something along the lines of them believing that warmer weather slows down covid-19, they didn't specify how it slows but I did hear from other doctors that the virus half life is dependent on weather, the hotter the shorter the half life.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 25th 2020, 9:49:15

Its not only temperature. The sun is the most powerful UV lamp we got. But even that isnt all of it. Its also that we meet and spend time indoors less in summer, and because we open windows and dilute the virus when we are indoors.

Fewer people also have vitamin D deficiency, which means fewer people are walking around with a compromised immune system.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 25th 2020, 22:16:20

Its not only temperature. The sun is the most powerful UV lamp we got. But even that isnt all of it. Its also that we meet and spend time indoors less in summer, and because we open windows and dilute the virus when we are indoors.

Fewer people also have vitamin D deficiency, which means fewer people are walking around with a compromised immune system.

Yup, vitamin D is very underrated and extremely important, I had my vitamin D counts in the basement, literally single digits last January when I had blood work done, I was prescribed 8 dozes of 50,000 cu of vitamin D over a two month period, then covid-19 happened, I spoke with my doctor during the shutdown and he told me it was perfect timing especially with my line of work, will have another blood work next month, everything else looked great.
(•_•)

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2021, 18:22:07

I appreciate the thought that went into some of these posts. For what it's worth, this is how I see it.

1. The entire pandemic (plandemic) was put into motion for a number of reasons, not the least of which is as an economic first strike against the US, by a foreign actor who I will not name, but has close ties to the Biden Family.
2. Doctor Fauci MUST be TRULY clairvoyant. He KNEW and stated in public that the newly elected Trump Administration would face a pandemic. OR, Dr. Fauci had prior knowledge of such an occurrence. Pick your own version if you like.
3. There is documentation that has been released that strongly suggests the US CDC funded that particular Lab in Wuhan, China.
4. The extreme measures that were put in place by fiat in a very large percentage of the population caused massive financial devastation among small to medium sized businesses, primarily owned by the middle class. Yet big box stores like Walmart, Target, and others operate normally, and in fact, were fairly crowded in a lot of cases.
5. The numbers killed by this virus were seriously inflated by adding in people who died in car accidents who tested positive during their autopsy as covid victims. Thus amping up the fear factor for weak minded people.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2021, 18:25:39

Go ahead and tell me to put on my tinfoil hat, I don't give a flying f*ck at a rolling donut what anyone else thinks, or rationalizes it. Our Liberty is being stolen right in front of our eyes, and the stupid Americans are going right along with it. NO WONDER the rest of the world thinks we're stupid, BECAUSE WE ARE IN SERIOUS VIOLATION OF THE 5% RULE!
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

RickyDee Game profile

Jan 14th 2021, 18:47:22

I for one will not be taking a vaccine that was rushed through clinical trials through this so called "Operation Warp Speed".
I think the Trump government has done the world a terrible disservice in rushing these vaccines to market, bypassing all of the normal checks and balances of the vaccine development process.

This is the first time an mRNA vaccine has ever been tried and I doubt it would have ever been approved if the FDA had gone through the proper process. So I'll wait and see how the first year or two goes first

People should do so some research into the times we've had Mass Hysteria and Mass Psychosis in the past because that is what we are currently experiencing. I think the best thing anyone can do for their own health and sanity right now is to turn off their television and turn off the news programming. Fear isn't good for the immune system and makes you are much more likely to get sick. Find out what you can do to enhance and protect your immune system with things like vitamin D, and proper diet and exercise.

Last time I checked the survival rate for the virus is at approx. 99.7% so I don't think that sticking a needle in your arm to inject yourself with a truly experimental vaccine (produced by a computer guy that openly states he wants to drastically reduce the worlds population) is a very smart idea.

Edited By: RickyDee on Jan 15th 2021, 3:12:55
Ricky Dee

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2021, 20:20:49

This seems pertinent
https://youtu.be/tQChlzMZAvg
👽