Verified:

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Apr 10th 2021, 4:51:49

If possible when attacking in the iPhone. It gets hard as the screen changes every time
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2021, 5:29:37

on a browser update recently backspace got disabled, which slows down land kills dramatically

never tried landkilling on a mobile browser but that might be a pain without the attack again button

Edited By: enshula on Apr 10th 2021, 11:44:02
See Original Post

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Apr 10th 2021, 11:21:56

It’s a pain I play 80 percent mobile as well
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 10th 2021, 11:54:18

slow it on PC to match

BlueCow

Apr 10th 2021, 20:58:11

Originally posted by enshula:
on a browser update recently backspace got disabled, which slows down land kills dramatically

never tried landkilling on a mobile browser but that might be a pain without the attack again button

you have to use f5
Slagpit
Mar 31st 2024, 15:13:02

If you sincerely believe that the game admins are lying to you then you should obviously quit the game.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2021, 23:57:54

I haven't touched a computer in over a decade 🤭
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2021, 0:11:37

Same KoH. Frankly same.

I had to get one of these young bucks playing to teach my how to use excel again because I've been pure phone for so long sheets was actually better and excel just recently got good for us haha.

I'm pretty damn good at war but I even recognize my disadvantage by teaching things like 5 turn batches for pc users and 10 turn for mobile. I'd guess it's about twice as hard to wall or net or hit on phone. It's a massive disadvantage.

Edit: I dont know how badly people wanna get ABSOLUTELY RECKED by me if they balance it tho haha

Edited By: DerrickICN on Apr 11th 2021, 0:14:27
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2021, 0:42:48

We should have a war between PC vs Phone users, for fluffs and giggles!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2021, 0:49:39

We actually get all of the good wallers tho currently KoH haha. Unless dragon or gerdler or celphi wanna hold down the PC user front cell players like me and ashe and azn been walling the most hits and winning the most servers. If this game ever becomes balanced to mobile players look the hell out. Haha.

This isnt the best pc game out there but frankly I dont know a better mobile experience and I say that with every disadvantage I know I play with haha. If it was balanced for us we would trash them.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2021, 0:59:16

Perhaps...., would be fun to do it though.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2021, 0:59:33

The reason why, and I guess I should lay this down, people would call for mobile hitting to speed up and not for pc hitting to slow down is because the war has actually gotten too small. The memorial set for VicVixvi was a similar size of only people hitting each other out of love and it was actually too small for a few good wallers not to be unkillable.

You can do 1k vs 1k wars or 20 vs 20 wars with the current mechanics but you cant do 10 on 10 with 4 good wallers on each side and expect an outcome. Generally PC hitting should be slowed but wars are the very best thing for recruiting in this game and we been seriously lacking a blowout during the pandemic. Unfortunately targeting LaF because they are by far the largest clan and make up over a quarter of active players is the only thing that stirs any sort of activity.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 12th 2021, 1:35:37

Try https://alphaui.earthempires.com/ on mobile -- it should have attacking working and IMO is a better experience!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Apr 12th 2021, 5:25:05

Any idea when it will be done. Still can’t do ingame searches in the new ui. Sucks gave to go new yo to old ee for fourms
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 4:54:15

even on the new ui the attack button moves due to the screen zooming in and out
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 18:03:42

PC is definitely overpowered.

This could easily be solved with a mousedown event that fires once per second as long as you hold it down.
This same feature could be used on PC as well.

The reason F5 works is because you're simply rePOSTing the same POST variables to the page.

Here's a basic example: https://jsfiddle.net/8udky7s1/1/
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 18:05:50

You'd have to make some small tweaks to make that work on mobile but that's the PC example if you disabled rePOSTing on PC and wanted PC to be same level as mobile.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 19:48:45

On the JS attack again screen you can just hold enter and spam all your attacks in like a second. That seems excessive.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 19:49:22

I would like kills to be slower so you have more opportunities to wall which is the fun part!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 17th 2021, 20:34:59

I think kills should be slower as well but for that to be viable walling needs to be far weaker than now because if you can wall perfectly(which anyone can if the hits are comming in slow) and no one can rush you it will just be cancer to war.

Fast attacking (which is overpowered) partly balances the extremely overpowered walling at the moment. It's not a great state currently, but surely almost anyone can see that removing fast attacking without doing something about walling will put war in a very bad state lol.

Edited By: Gerdler on Apr 17th 2021, 20:38:31

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 20:41:40

I'd be ok with some compromise there if it means you can play more and not just be RIP in 6 seconds!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 20:43:06

TBH., (slagpit) could add notifications within EE instead of needing IRC to alert you via text message. Not sure why it's not added. Usually the time a player dies is around a minute or more. If it's below that it's likely because your defenses are trivial. The problem is the notification system that alerts you that you're getting hit is delayed and by the time you open your browser, login and get to screen to wall,. you're already dead. I certainly believe there should be a page dedicated to walling. Like it updates your current population, displays your current military, allows you to buy military (perhaps values a user can set) and has a button to call military off market.

To throttle actual attacks would be a challenging thing to do since a player could be using turns to request attacks that may ultimately later be invalid attacks. Also by throttling attacks smaller clans would have a significantly harder time killing anyone.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 20:46:30

Perhaps another idea is to give each player a secret hash good for one set allowing clan members to wall for them. (But only use the wall page as i described in the previous post).

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 17th 2021, 20:53:24

Smaller tags already have a very hard time killing someone. :/

This
No walling = Dead in 6 seconds, at low resource cost
Walling = Alive, having cost the enemy a ton of resources

Should be less binary also with small tags.

I've pushed for attack specific DR on special attacks that go away if the target take an ingame action. This will cause kills to be slower and more resource demanding without a throttle, since it will either lead to more hits or hybrid kills(costing more resources and taking longer to finish for certain) on everything.
An alternative would be only applying the DR to the defenders military losses instead of the civ losses so that the attackers can push through fast at great cost. I think this will make FS absurdly strong tho, so I think it's a bad choice unless coupled with other changes that mitigate it.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 21:01:55

6 secs? That's a bit of an exaggeration dont you think? I'm on a computer almost 24/7 bc of my job and i cant even get to the market screen in 6secs.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 21:03:16

If kills are happening that fast then the size of clans perhaps should be limited &|or those who are making wars should put a cap size on either team.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 21:22:20

Wow. I just wanted to be able to hit a little faster mobile or have the screen not moving. We don’t need to nerf the computer haha
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 21:35:11

:D

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 21:43:36

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 17th 2021, 21:47:24

Originally posted by Celphi:
6 secs? That's a bit of an exaggeration dont you think? I'm on a computer almost 24/7 bc of my job and i cant even get to the market screen in 6secs.

I just used the example previously given. Either way there are very few games that require user imput at 6, 30 or even 120 seconds notice at any point you cant control 24/7. Most kills (in real wars) with no walling are done in less than 120 seconds, right?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 21:55:29

There are plenty of examples of 6-second kills in eestats; that's why I picked that number at random. The point still stands, like Gerdler mentioned.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 22:17:30

Dying in 6 seconds is like 60 hits per second.

Throttling is not possible.

Which leaves a few other options:
1.) Notify user quicker
a.) whenever a spy ops fails
b.) using in game notifications

2.) limit number of hitters (clan members)
3.) reduce the population killed by GS by 90%
(which would make a 6second kill 1 minute)
(which means wallers would be even stronger)
(which means even if you decided 50% over 90% it would make 6 seconds take 12 seconds) (not really significant)
(which means the resources to kill one player would increase significantly as well)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 22:36:01

Increase readiness losses if attackers attack too fast.

But whatever solution to the problem can be talked about as long as we all agree there is a problem to solve in the first place.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 17th 2021, 22:55:24

What I suggested would be under your #3 but doesn't make walling stronger by itself, but makes kills take longer which would enable more people to have fun walling. How much all depends on a bunch of parameters dev can set:
Attack specific DR that is reset if the target takes an ingame action. This can be set up so that GS kills are anything from impossible, or so that they take as many hits as now or so they take twice as many hits as now. If such a change was made tho it will be possible to make hybrid kills save so many turns that they would actually be the standard, rather than a 1/200 kills occurrence as now. Hybrid kills are going to be impossible to conduct as fast as a straight GS or BR kill and they are actually possible to defend against if you built a strong enough country since it isnt enough that someone removes 80% of your GS break to kill you, they actually have to break down those 70% readiness turrets as well.

It's all in what parameters you use, how strong is the DR, what is the base kill on GS/BR etc ofc tho.

Edited By: Gerdler on Apr 17th 2021, 23:00:41

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 23:10:59

The readiness idea req has makes sense.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 23:13:36

Gerdler,. i can't speak for everyone else,. but i wall the best when im almost dead. So to add DR would certainly make me harder to kill.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 17th 2021, 23:14:29

Rate limiting attacks is technically possible. We'd probably never implement some form of attack queuing though.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 23:14:56

Unless you mean some sort of inverse DR where the DR is higher in beginning and gradually gets lower.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 23:17:48

Slagpit, how could you rate limit atks? I'm assuming you'd have to do it on server.

So, if I'm mashing attack button on a client are you just going to throw a bunch of errors at me? And if you did attack que.,

say my turns is 100 and I que 10 attacks and so does all the other players. What would my turns show? 90? What happens if that player dies before the que uses all the attacks? Would you then have to refund their turns?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 17th 2021, 23:21:07

Gerdler,. i can't speak for everyone else,. but i wall the best when im almost dead. So to add DR would certainly make me harder to kill.

It resets when you make an action. Adding DR and doing nothing else isnt what I suggested. I didn't put numbers because it goes beyond the scope of this thread but you have to see that attack specific DR would allow for rather steep increases of the base civ kills, and/or the min civ kills, right? I mean unless we just add DR and stop kills completely which isnt at all what Im suggesting.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2021, 23:28:24

DR = Diminishing Returns.

I'm assuming the thing that is diminishing are the number of civilians dying per attack.
I'm assuming a turn is an action.

I'm assuming DR can only lessen the damage you do and not increase it.

I'm assuming if had no DR my civilian would die at the current rate.
I'm assuming if I had DR my civilian would die slower thus making me live longer.

I'm assuming how you're suggesting DR to work like how OOW protection works, where your mininum is as low as 1 civ per turn.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 17th 2021, 23:45:42

Not at all.

Im saying that if we kill civs at max(Base%_of_target_pop,5) now on GS we would add DR to that with some formula in a similar way as it is to grabs so that he formula instead is max( f(DR) * Base%_of_target_pop,New_min_pop_kill) where f(DR) is some function that starts at 1.00 and decreases with the number of hits of that specific type the target has recieved since its last ingame action.

If we then calibrate this so that a GS kill takes about as many hits as now (for a base example, which would be super easy in excel or a google sheet) you would end up with higher base kills and/or higher min kills on those GS in order to achieve that. If we increase min civ kills it will make turn-walling less fruitful. And increasing the base kill % would perhaps do a little bit of that as well since you usually take turns to above 5 civ/GS when you wall anyway.

The idea is to push the tags towards a slower way of killing their targets that place more emphasis on building a strong economy and crippling the enemy's economy than mashing an attack again button really fast. This will naturally benefit mobile users since both mobile users and PC users might have equal brains, but the PC user has a faster way of mashing that attack again button.

Edited By: Gerdler on Apr 17th 2021, 23:48:02

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2021, 0:56:13

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2021, 1:18:29

Slagpit, how could you rate limit atks? I'm assuming you'd have to do it on server.

So, if I'm mashing attack button on a client are you just going to throw a bunch of errors at me? And if you did attack que.,

say my turns is 100 and I que 10 attacks and so does all the other players. What would my turns show? 90? What happens if that player dies before the que uses all the attacks? Would you then have to refund their turns?

Rate limiting could be soft. Something like "Your missile collided mid air with another missile because too many missiles were launched too quickly at the target" makes a certain amount of ingame sense as long as you don't think about it too hard.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 18th 2021, 1:39:28

Exactly!

Lol I forget you speak in code.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2021, 3:58:50

fluff, more random negative events.... lovely.
(•_•)

Anarchist Game profile

Apr 18th 2021, 22:42:55

What the fluff is a computer?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2021, 23:51:22

Originally posted by Anarchist:
What the fluff is a computer?

First world problems. Phone peasants!

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron