Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 19th 2021, 18:43:34

The "Allow other players to see you on leaderboards" preference option has been removed. All players will be visible on leaderboards. The bot account still shows up on some leaderboards as an unlinked account. That will be corrected at some point.

The "Allow other players to see your previous countries" option has been renamed to "Allow other players to see your previous countries created before 2021". Existing configuration values will be preserved. Think of this as revealing ownership for all new countries for all players going forward. Here are the first rounds in which this will be in effect:

* Express = the current round that started on Feb 17
* Primary = the round beginning in March
* Tourney = the round beginning in March
* Alliance = the round beginning in April (the announcement previously said Feb - this was not correct)
* Team = the round beginning in April
* FFA = the round beginning in April

If you see any issues with the leaderboards or profiles please let us know so we can investigate.

Edited By: Slagpit on Apr 12th 2021, 0:13:25
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 19th 2021, 18:53:08

Do you think there is any problem with people being able to change their nicks on the scores list by just changing their default forum name in preferences?

For my part, my login name has never posted on the forums because it's like a username I want to keep safe. Should we perhaps have a one time scores list/default forum name that we enter one time perhaps?

You've mentioned you like alt Nick's for other things, but it seems weird that someone can change their name as much as they want on the scores list still, and potentially impersonate the Nick's surrounding them.

Otherwise it looks great!

Edited By: DerrickICN on Feb 19th 2021, 18:55:32
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 20th 2021, 20:47:40

Originally posted by Slagpit:
The "Allow other players to see your previous countries" option has been renamed to "Allow other players to see your previous countries created before 2021". Existing configuration values will be preserved. Think of this as revealing ownership for all new countries for all players going forward. Here are the first rounds in which this will be in effect:
Originally posted by Slagpit:

* Tourney = the round beginning in March

Tournament is a special case since you get the same name next round. Maybe you already thought of that and it is revealed only when you change name or only when you restart in lower level or something?

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2021, 8:57:44

disappointment :(

went here to check what was up and saw the edit

i assume this is due to technical reasons because there was already notice given

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 12th 2021, 13:38:42

Originally posted by enshula:
disappointment :(

went here to check what was up and saw the edit

i assume this is due to technical reasons because there was already notice given

The change occurred after the February round of alliance already started. It would have been unfair to open up countries after players had already created them.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 12th 2021, 18:18:22

I'd argue its quite unfair to play 95% of a reset under the assumption that this change would apply.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 12th 2021, 22:40:33

I regret the error in the original announcement.

table4two Game profile

Apr 13th 2021, 10:04:53

All good, mistakes happen. Good to know this will implemented for the current round.