Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 4th 2021, 1:39:57

It has recently come to my attention that some of the game moderators have been using the moderator tools in a way that is not strictly necessary to perform their duties. For example, looking up who owns a country in order to gain some kind of ingame or political advantage. There is incontrovertible evidence that Sov has used the moderator tools inappropriately, so he has been removed from the moderator position.

Game moderators act on behalf of the administrators. The buck stops with us, so to speak. On behalf of all of the game administrators, I apologize for the damage to the integrity of the game. In response to what happened, we have improved our auditing capabilities so that these types of situations should not occur in the future. However, we should have had the correct level of auditing and vetting in place much sooner.

I hope that the community will regain its lost trust in us over time. Please work with us to uphold the integrity of the game and to create a fair environment for all players.

Edited By: Slagpit on May 4th 2021, 1:45:29

Sov Game profile

May 4th 2021, 1:54:14

I apologize for the drama this has caused everyone. I’d like to make it clear that in this instance, what I did was use the mod tools to confirm a bot country was indeed a bot. This is out of line and I am prepared to accept full responsibility for it.

There was no malicious intent on my part in my use of these tools but nevertheless my actions were not in line with the conduct expected of a mod.

If anyone has any questions you are welcome to contact me about it.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 1:58:53

Originally posted by Slagpit:
I hope that the community will regain its lost trust in us over time. Please work with us to uphold the integrity of the game and to create a fair environment for all players.

Doing the right thing builds trust.

Thanks for keeping the game clean.

Edited By: Requiem on May 4th 2021, 2:52:47

Symbolic Game profile

May 4th 2021, 3:03:51

Won't be much of a game in 6 months anyways at this rate. Just the way players are dropping around here.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 3:17:21

That seems a bit harsh, I have heard of way worse behaviour being tolerated or looked the other way. He has been a active mod for a while could have deserved a warning.
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 3:19:50

I'm more worried about his ego....

J/K

:P
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 4th 2021, 4:08:35

Originally posted by Dark Demon:
That seems a bit harsh, I have heard of way worse behaviour being tolerated or looked the other way. He has been a active mod for a while could have deserved a warning.

I would appreciate a PM with the details of what you have heard.

Edited By: Slagpit on May 4th 2021, 4:52:14
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 4:45:20

I would appreciate a PM with the details of what you're heard.
Yeah ok. 🤣🤣🤣

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 4:54:59

https://m.earthempires.com/...addy-strikes-back-48743/1

Remember that one time the mod boss was tagged with a banned player and reinstated him after a server mod deleted him? That was p cool. And then pang got mad at me for asking for my money back. That was p cool too.

Y'all just don't like Sov as much or something. Lol. I quit playing for months over that trash, DD was well aware of it, and nothing ever happened. Ive never been fully active since because I dont trust yall not to play favorites. If you're gonna button it up, you can't. I would surmise that you have some other beef with sov waaaaay before I ever guessed that you would do the same things to certain mods you're more fond of.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 4th 2021, 5:05:23
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 5:04:27

Originally posted by DerrickICN:

Remember that one time the mod boss was tagged with a banned player and reinstated him after a server mod deleted him? That was p cool. And then pang got mad at me for asking for my money back. That was p cool too.

Y'all just don't like Sov as much or something. Lol

I miss that thread, it got wild lol
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 5:05:25

For god's sake, stop editing your posts a million times, Dee! You're killing me!
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 5:08:20

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Y'all just don't like Sov as much or something. Lol

I miss that thread, it got wild lol

It starts appropriately enough. I musta smoked crack if......

Some things never change nah mean. People especially.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 5:10:18

For god's sake, stop editing your posts a million times, Dee! You're killing me!
Sometimes when I go to shoot my mouth off I keep it tight and cogent you know because I used to respect some of these people. Then I remember why I barely play anymore lol

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 5:11:04

Sometimes when I go to shoot my mouth off I keep it tight and cogent you know because I used to respect some of these people. Then I remember why I barely play anymore lol

Fair enough, carry on my friend :P
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 5:24:25

Hey Koh. I'll name 2 things, you guess which one is gonna happen.

1) I give you Ohtani batter back in fantasy BB
2) Nothing ever happens about my getting totally hosed by a mod reinstating a cheater in his tag and ruining my gameplay experience

Kinda glad Sho-time got smoked in the elbow and got 2 SBs before getting removed yesterday so he could miss his pitching start with a sore elbow and mash a 2 run tator for me as a batter today instead.

Also, baseball is more worthwhile discussion than any PMs you could ever send, DD. I've sent them all and it doesnt do anything. You gotta be in the good old boys club or something.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 4th 2021, 5:51:53
See Original Post

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 6:50:55

Slagpit i think you and the other administrators needs to take a look at this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/...nciple_of_least_privilege

The moderators and administrators should only have access to the things they need in order to be successful with their work. If you don't need the access you shouldnt have it. How can a moderator that play on the alliance server be allowed access to mod tools for that same server?

This is the first time (to my knowledge) that a administrator have written that a mod have been demoted/removed. From my viewpoint and how this game have been moderated in the past i have a feeling that there is more to it.
You should have solved this internally, this is nothing the public has to know about. Just as you don't announce why users are banned/deleted from the forum or game. You should also let your moderators moderate the forum instead of trying to do their job.

Edited By: Mr Gainsboro on May 4th 2021, 10:20:59
Don of LaF

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 7:21:05

That’s a bit rough isn’t it?

Our man getting crucified for looking a bot up not an actual player a bot c’mon the mans as honest and as honourable as it come’s he enforces us all in SoF to abid by the rules.

The man’s among a hand full of people keeping this game alive reigniting SoF and helping rebuild other clans and just getting dormant players playing again in general.

A bit of a knee jerk reaction isn’t slag? A smack on the wrist would of been just surly
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 4th 2021, 8:15:38

*I understand the principle. It's a bit harsh for looking up a bot tho.
*Gains link explains well what I was going to say; don't give privileges people are not allowed to use.

We tag all the bots before any of them leave protection and it is nicely advantageous. As most of you know by now I think all bots should be marked yellow on alliance and in FFA just as they are in Express these days. It would have prempted this situation.
But certainly the best would be if no permissions are given that could be abused.

I call for an update of mod tools at some point. They don't seem sharp enough to catch cheaters on their own in many cases, with admin forced to step in to see things mods can't, and even when I know someone is cheating the mods sometimes can't proove it. Yet mods can see things they are not allowed to look at. Seems like you got a chainsaw where you need a scalpel.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 10:57:05

It wasn’t about looking up a bot. Quit spinning.

Hardy Game profile

May 4th 2021, 11:55:31

Originally posted by Requiem:
It wasn’t about looking up a bot. Quit spinning.

?

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 12:04:46

Y'all just don't like Sov as much or something. Lol. I quit playing for months over that trash, DD was well aware of it, and nothing ever happened. Ive never been fully active since because I dont trust yall not to play favorites. If you're gonna button it up, you can't. I would surmise that you have some other beef with sov waaaaay before I ever guessed that you would do the same things to certain mods you're more fond of.

Mod boss tagged with uj.
Uj got a msg from said player requesting to join his tag.
Uj let said player join his tag.

How was mod boss supposed to mod the ffa server and play it at the same time?
Where were the ffa mods?
How do we know it was really macdaddy?
Why are you still smoking crack?

The world will never know but I am sure we will get a novel over it.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 4th 2021, 12:12:09

Originally posted by BlueCow:

Mod boss tagged with uj.

Where were the ffa mods?

At that time the mod boss could mod servers he played.
That isn't UJ he is talking about.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 4th 2021, 12:22:03

I would appreciate a PM with the details of what you have heard.

Moving forward with the thread......
Slagpit did ask for a PM.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 12:23:11

Originally posted by galleri:

Mod boss tagged with uj.

Where were the ffa mods?

Damn... no fluff...
Re read it. Never said banned player was uj.
Prime could mod it but that would make him look bad as people could claim he was looking up players and targeting.

Probably time for a turnover of mods.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 4th 2021, 12:27:12

Mod boss tagged with uj.

Where were the ffa mods?

Damn... no fluff...
Prime could mod it but that would make him look bad as people could claim he was looking up players and targeting.

It is early! I just woke up! Lol
I can't even tell what the conditioner bottle and shampoo bottle are!

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 12:28:59

Mod boss tagged with uj.

Where were the ffa mods?

Damn... no fluff...

It is early! I just woke up! Lol
I can't even tell what the conditioner bottle and shampoo bottle are!

Coffee helps.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 4th 2021, 12:29:47

Monster energy drink ftw!

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 13:10:50

I'm feeling a disturbance.
I'm now channeling chevs.

"wow y'all sound salty your mod source is burned. Its funny two weeks ago when i was complaining to Derrick about bug and galleri outing us, he said we were misinformed and it was xyle all along. Are you a hypocrite, or just really stupid derrick?"

Slag 12 - Chevs -15

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 13:11:32

That was weird.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

table4two Game profile

May 4th 2021, 13:44:34

Oh thats cool, I didn't know you could get around bans by getting other players to post snarky comments on their behalf.

Is this the sort of standard we as a community should hold ourselves to when we speak of integrity?

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 13:47:56

Originally posted by table4two:
Oh thats cool, I didn't know you could get around bans by getting other players to post snarky comments on their behalf.

Is this the sort of standard we as a community should hold ourselves to when we speak of integrity?

So am I to ignore what he tells me and I find funny? Who the hell are you anyway?
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 4th 2021, 14:03:19

"wow y'all sound salty your mod source is burned. Its funny two weeks ago when i was complaining to Derrick about bug and galleri outing us, he said we were misinformed and it was xyle all along. Are you a hypocrite, or just really stupid derrick?"

I did what?

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 14:11:43

I did what?

No idea. He has left me. I'm confuzeled
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 4th 2021, 14:13:35

When he returns tell him it is hard to out folks when they put themselves out by going around and inviting everyone in the game (including mods) to the fake bro man society. ;)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 4th 2021, 14:15:36

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
Slagpit i think you and the other administrators needs to take a look at this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/...nciple_of_least_privilege

The moderators and administrators should only have access to the things they need in order to be successful with their work. If you don't need the access you shouldnt have it. How can a moderator that play on the alliance server be allowed access to mod tools for that same server?

A moderator only has access to the "mod tools" for the servers that he or she moderates. The only moderator with access to the alliance mod tools is Primeval. A very limited amount of information is available across servers for moderators in order for them to do their jobs. For example, if two countries appear to be working together on Primary then them being in the same clan on another server is an important piece of circumstantial evidence.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 15:00:55

I don't mean to jump on you, galleri. But given my experience this thread is a joke. I literally laughed out loud when I saw it.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 15:01:22

Hey Koh. I'll name 2 things, you guess which one is gonna happen.

1) I give you Ohtani batter back in fantasy BB
2) Nothing ever happens about my getting totally hosed by a mod reinstating a cheater in his tag and ruining my gameplay experience

Kinda glad Sho-time got smoked in the elbow and got 2 SBs before getting removed yesterday so he could miss his pitching start with a sore elbow and mash a 2 run tator for me as a batter today instead.

Also, baseball is more worthwhile discussion than any PMs you could ever send, DD. I've sent them all and it doesnt do anything. You gotta be in the good old boys club or something.

(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 15:13:21

Careful KoH. You keep talking like that and the admins will start completely ignoring you.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 15:24:02

Good! I never did like big brother effect...
(•_•)

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 15:27:05

You got proof it was macdaddy?

Edited By: Primeval on May 6th 2021, 17:33:07
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 15:28:15

When he returns tell him it is hard to out folks when they put themselves out by going around and inviting everyone in the game (including mods) to the fake bro man society. ;)

I think hes busy with work. I'll try to channel him later.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 15:48:57

Your memory getting bad? He posted with the nick horndog saying IT WAS ME MACDADDY. Mods deleted the thread when they deleted him for the 2nd time and banned his acct (3 days later I might add, prime wanted to make sure I was thoroughly fluffed I guess. Meanwhile warster saying to me he couldn't go back over primes head without conflict even tho there was an open admission). But I'm almost positive you posted in that thread.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 4th 2021, 15:57:56
See Original Post

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 16:06:00

Your memory getting bad? He posted with the nick horndog saying IT WAS ME MACDADDY. Mods deleted the thread when they deleted him for the 2nd time and banned his acct (3 days later I might add, prime wanted to make sure I was thoroughly fluffed I guess. Meanwhile warster saying to me he couldn't go back over primes head without conflict even tho there was an open admission). But I'm almost positive you posted in that thread.

Still not proof enough.

Remember that time I told crip I was going to play on an alt and he leaked it I guess.
But I wasnt on an alt I had went back to my original.

Good times.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 16:22:32

Chevs spirit says to buy stock in apple.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 16:23:26

Prove that he cheated maybe?
I can post that I have a 12 in fluff online. Doesnt mean I have a 12 in fluff.

Edited By: Primeval on May 6th 2021, 17:35:02
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 16:30:18

DOGE
(•_•)

BlueCow

May 4th 2021, 16:37:52

DOGE

Sold mine this am at .50 and flipped 70 options...
Not bad for taking a day off.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2021, 16:49:50

DOGE

Sold mine this am at .50 and flipped 70 options...
Not bad for taking a day off.

Nice, I'm holding
(•_•)

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

May 5th 2021, 3:49:04

There is more to all these stories.

I'm still waiting for Slag to actually message back with what I sent him a month or so ago. But he doesn't actually care about anyone, and neither does Pang or Qz for that matter.

If you all think that they actually do give a fluff about you, your opinion or evidence and your hurt feelings, you are sorely mistaken.

I'm sorry but this is a bunch of wanker politician bull fluff.

Edited By: Primeval on May 6th 2021, 17:37:29

BlueCow

May 5th 2021, 16:39:27

Any real evidence besides he said she said... sheshed

Edited By: Primeval on May 6th 2021, 17:39:19
Slag 12 - Chevs -15