Verified:

MILORD Game profile

May 2nd 2021, 4:56:04

I ask you dear developers to think about the following:
1 To enable players on other servers, such as a tournament and others, to sell oil on the private market, as is now happening on the express.
2 On the "Team" server I changed the government but forgot forgot to change production ....
https://skr.sh/s7rzZohiQW7
As a result, I made a starting dash for 150 moves, and the factories did not produce anything. I think this needs to be fixed.
born in the USSR

MILORD Game profile

May 6th 2021, 16:26:31

Was my offer ignored?
I would like to know for what reason?

Edited By: MILORD on May 6th 2021, 16:32:13
See Original Post
born in the USSR

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

May 6th 2021, 22:28:10

Point 1) Milord, that sounds good actually and there isnt a real reason as to why it isnt possible in all servers, maybe it will come about..

Point 2) The tutorial if turned on would have told that. But yeah under utilised indy production would be a nice warning..

As for them not replying to you. Theres one guy who is working his but off at the moment so he is trying.

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

May 6th 2021, 22:42:48

I did that for a few turns last round before I caught it. I was telling someone that in BRE, Mehul had it so that unassigned industries produced cash (relatively ineffectively, it was still better to sell on private).

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 7th 2021, 12:20:18

Some people use this to attack small targets faster. Like when humanitarians range is near. I been so pissed at that many times. Asking: "what are you producing?" when I see them taking 100 turns gaining no NW while being an indy...

And the answer: "nothing :)"

makes my blood boil...

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 7th 2021, 18:14:11

Oil was added to the private market on Express to solve some very specific issues. The nature of the server makes it difficult for the oil market to work well. Even if you have someone playing oiler, that person may be playing turns on a different schedule than many other players. It simply isn't fun to login during the hour or so you have to play to find the game only to find an empty oil market or oil for more than $1000. Even today on Express I saw oil for $1138, despite it being for sale on the PM. The public market makes this game unique and I prefer for players to use it for their oil as much as possible. Tournament will at some point have many more countries contributing to its public market so the situation should improve a bit.

For the indy production question, I'm considering have unused production generate a small amount of cash.