Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2021, 12:24:41

Originally posted by Primeval:
Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
Originally posted by Requiem:
Originally posted by Slagpit:
Ask your question in a reasonable way if you want me to answer it. I'm not your doormat.

Dear Slagpit,

Could you please answer why the team based servers are excluded from this? (FFA, Team and Alliance)

LoL - war is war.

Mr. Rd - aka gains wants game staff to stop people from conducting war! How the mighty have fallen.

Edit for clarity: *war on team based servers

I have no problems with wars, it brings activity back to the server when you have a proper war/grudge.

I was more wondering about people bringing things from alliance server to FFA.
Example: req got upset I won over him in most missiles sent.
He knows I run some countries netting away in ffa and go find me there and AB me. Telling me I should just give up cause he will continue this until I quit producing missiles on the alliance server

His buddies finds me in the team server and req gets all happy when they ab me there as well.

I'm surprised someone legitimately thinks this is a situation worthy of game staff involvement.

Is cross server griefing not one of the explicitly listed reasons for applying military sanctions??

Edited By: Molotov on May 13th 2021, 12:37:17

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 13th 2021, 14:52:05

Ask your question in a reasonable way if you want me to answer it. I'm not your doormat.

Dear Slagpit,

Could you please answer why the team based servers are excluded from this? (FFA, Team and Alliance)

LoL - war is war.

Mr. Rd - aka gains wants game staff to stop people from conducting war! How the mighty have fallen.

I have no problems with wars, it brings activity back to the server when you have a proper war/grudge.

He knows I run some countries netting away in ffa and go find me there and AB me. Telling me I should just give up cause he will continue this until I quit producing missiles on the alliance server

His buddies finds me in the team server and req gets all happy when they ab me there as well.

My current thinking is for the clan-based servers to offer various degrees of protection: Team protects you from unwanted wars entirely, Alliance might have some restrictions on early wars, blindside wars, and untaggeds, and FFA would have basically no restrictions. FFA would be the place to go if you want politics decided entirely by the players. That type of experience may not be what everyone is looking for.

BlueCow

May 13th 2021, 15:08:28

FFA is the wild west it seems.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 13th 2021, 15:12:40

Originally posted by Molotov:

Dear Slagpit,

LoL - war is war.

I'm surprised someone legitimately thinks this is a situation worthy of game staff involvement.

Is cross server griefing not one of the explicitly listed reasons for applying military sanctions??

It ended up being a possible occasional result of the change that I'm sure was attractive to the small handful of players that have made repeat complaints on the forums, but I think the bigger issue being addressed was assumed cross-server cooperative play, especially when it was purposefully destructive.

Personally, I dont really recognize this idea of "griefing" for a couple reasons.

Edited By: Primeval on May 13th 2021, 15:15:50

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2021, 15:40:40

Originally posted by BlueCow:
FFA is the wild west it seems.

Except thats Team for the most part if anyone pays attention.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2021, 17:34:07

Originally posted by Molotov:

Dear Slagpit,

LoL - war is war.

It ended up being a possible occasional result of the change that I'm sure was attractive to the small handful of players that have made repeat complaints on the forums, but I think the bigger issue being addressed was assumed cross-server cooperative play, especially when it was purposefully destructive.

Personally, I dont really recognize this idea of "griefing" for a couple reasons.

Seems legit.....

LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2021, 21:29:05

I'm convinced that a vocal minority of players won't be happy until it's just players vs. bots.

Let's make a PvE server where you can only attack bots and move on.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2021, 22:58:38

I'm convinced that a vocal minority of players won't be happy until it's just players vs. bots.

Yes that way they can all sit in a circle singing kumbaya and smelling each other's farts...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 14th 2021, 13:18:13

Please keep discussion in this thread on topic. This is an important announcement for the community. Thank you.

BlueCow

May 14th 2021, 13:36:56

Please keep discussion in this thread on topic. This is an important announcement for the community. Thank you.

Sorry. Hate when they bash a mod that hasnt done anything when we have had worse which get passes.

Having this on solo servers is a great tool. Politics from alliance type servers should never spill over to a solo server. Creates a bad atmosphere.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2021, 13:59:02

Originally posted by BlueCow:

Sorry. Hate when they bash a mod that hasnt done anything when we have had worse which get passes.

Having this on solo servers is a great tool. Politics from alliance type servers should never spill over to a solo server. Creates a bad atmosphere.

LOL!

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2022, 18:21:15

In my oppinion this idea was too much work and headache for mods and game admins. Create a server where players only can attack bot countries and all who want to play that type of game (I would like that but i would also like to play in a server where being suicided on is a risk, just as it always was back in the days).

But that is just me, I am late into these discussions you all have probably argued over this for 10 years lol
HeadHunter

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2022, 18:23:59

I just noticed you wrote this. I agree! :)

Back in the days a "perfect" netting set would be bottomfeeding and attacking countries who had no chance to strike back. I'm sure people have oppinions on that but that was part of the game and alot of people like that.
HeadHunter