Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 12th 2021, 13:35:33

*picks up cricket*
*looks at it eye to eye*
*eats it*

Did the whole community get killed or just the talkative ones? I'm still here...or rather....here again. Can't say I miss yall if theres nothing to miss.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 12th 2021, 14:38:37

Deeeeeee
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

May 12th 2021, 21:13:12

Hi
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 12th 2021, 23:18:36

Well you know. I'm on fluff word probation but we can still have fun.

You guys ever play Jacks? You know. Knucklebones, snobs, tali, dibs, fivestones.....astragalus.

I think after that we can have a nice tall warm glass of milk and maybe then we can play with my train set if dad says it's ok.

archaic Game profile

May 12th 2021, 23:29:37

Thats some serious quality time right there
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Anarchist Game profile

May 13th 2021, 0:12:05

Warm milk? Disgusting unless it has marshmello and chocolate in it haha

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2021, 1:28:09

If I have warm milk it'll turn to a trip to the local sewage treatment plant....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2021, 4:34:07

Careful KoH. You're riding a fine line talking about poop around dad. He isn't a toilet.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2021, 17:30:40

Ah crap, sorry!
(•_•)

myerr21 Game profile

May 13th 2021, 21:21:51

what the fluff derrick, you promised to tag kill laf and sof by now
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

Link Game profile

May 15th 2021, 0:38:25

dont make me fluff in your pants
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2021, 5:03:08

Theres that fluff word again. What ever shall we do?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 15th 2021, 16:58:24

Derrick: you were already warned by someone else to stop spreading misinformation. As I already told you: "The moderators aren't perfect and don't see every post. If you find a rule breaking post that you believe should be deleted, free free to message the forum moderators."

Suicidal Game profile

May 15th 2021, 17:33:40

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Derrick: you were already warned by someone else to stop spreading misinformation. As I already told you: "The moderators aren't perfect and don't see every post. If you find a rule breaking post that you believe should be deleted, free free to message the forum moderators."

It is a shame that in this "woke" world, with so many "woke" websites available, that AT has to be a place for this.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 15th 2021, 17:45:50

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 15th 2021, 17:46:06

Nothing to do with "wokeness". The rules haven't changed for ten years.

If you'd like to explain from a business perspective why it would be a good thing to allow you guys to tell each other to commit suicide and other vicious garbage, I'm all ears.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2021, 17:46:14

Yeah my goal is not to get people banned. Thats not what I'm after at all. In fact, I think this community thrives on what some would call drama and others would call politics. Unfortunately agree with sui on this one. But to say I didnt have a conversation with a mod publicly on the forums where they said people should in fact be allowed to say it because english people called their cigarettes that in the 1950s is you know.......whatever. It's actually not worth talking about.

It's also easy to claim misinformation but a lot more difficult to say...prove it. I was told I was not complying with the forum rules, by you, and I was banned for calling people fluffs and telling them to go fluff themselves. Your words not mine. If indeed I was banned, in a dramatic shift from what I was told, for spreading misinformation, then again I would only ask to be corrected. The truth may set you free.

Theres always the option to tell the truth instead of calling me an idiot and a liar and threatening me. A rather simple choice imo that's killing the activity.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 15th 2021, 17:48:51
See Original Post

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 15th 2021, 17:54:27

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
But to say I didnt have a conversation with a mod publicly on the forums where they said people should in fact be allowed to say it because english people called their cigarettes that in the 1950s is you know.......whatever. It's actually not worth talking about.

This is exactly the problem. At no point did I say anything remotely resembling that. This is your final warning from me. Stop putting words in my mouth.

m0bzta Game profile

May 15th 2021, 18:39:46

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Originally posted by DerrickICN:
But to say I didnt have a conversation with a mod publicly on the forums where they said people should in fact be allowed to say it because english people called their cigarettes that in the 1950s is you know.......whatever. It's actually not worth talking about.

This is exactly the problem. At no point did I say anything remotely resembling that. This is your final warning from me. Stop putting words in my mouth.

its funny how a mod/GD changes to a new one they still are fluffs to the player with out us you have nothing

Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 15th 2021, 18:45:22

You can view it that way if you want to. Players being fluffs to the game developers is certainly part of the reason why 3/4 of them are inactive. Perhaps you should try viewing it as a mutually beneficial relationship instead of trying to achieve 4/4 inactive developers.

Being "nice" to players will not prevent them from abusing you. That has been proven many times over the years.

Edited By: Slagpit on May 15th 2021, 18:47:57

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2021, 18:55:03

That's the funny thing. I'd much rather be helpful. Haha.

There shouldn't be any reason for me to feel threatened by moderators, and certainly there shouldn't be a reason for an admin to step in. Were just not living in that dynamic. And I feel like being transparent about what occurred both with the homophobia (which is to say it started getting deleted only upon your return) and with other moderator situations I've previously described only to be ridiculed, called a liar, and provided no explanation.

I don't think it should be a huge ask for a little honesty and transparency. If the environment is such that moderators feel the need to threaten players because players are upset over a lack of transparency and seeming double standards, I dont think you remedy that issue by threatening, insulting, banning and deleting posts from the player base.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 15th 2021, 19:17:32

I'll share my point of view. You are someone who has loudly announced on multiple occasions that you aren't really playing the game anymore. You created this thread to say hello to the community. That's fine. Yet three days into it you go into an anti-admin rant and make false statements about me, seemingly without provocation. If I had come into this thread and taunted you by saying something like "Welcome back DerrickICN, did you enjoy your time off?" then I would understand. But I didn't do that. So I'm looking at a guy who says he isn't playing the game anymore who will apparently blow up in any thread without any warning or cause. How should I deal with that? If someone came into your business, said he wasn't going to buy anything, asked to speak to the manager and told him to fluff off, and kept being disruptive, what would you do in response?

Your last post contained at least five false statements and accusations. I'm done with this. Maybe your outburst was for attention. Ok great, you got some. Now stop.

By the way, I am not responsible for your feelings. You are responsible for your own feelings.

Edited By: Slagpit on May 15th 2021, 20:24:22

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2021, 20:04:34

Well. I do play team still and pay for both premium and patron so if it's about money, I'm here for you bro.

And again. If there is false statements here I feel like correcting them is totally dandy. And as a business manager myself, that's what I do for a living, if I have a paying customer who is upset whether with product, quality control, or service, typically the response is to address their concerns whether they're being rational or not. The goal is to remedy the situation. Engaging in their combative behaviors won't fix a problem.

After years of having my concerns ignored and being threatened by staff if I bring them up instead of providing a simple explanation, of course I'm an unhappy customer. But it doesn't have to be that way.

Link Game profile

May 15th 2021, 20:05:48

its super lame that talking fluff on the forums can now apparently carry such heavy consequences... especially if you piss in an admins cheerios..

people getting "final warnings"? for putting words in someones mouth?? wtf has this become?
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

myerr21 Game profile

May 15th 2021, 20:33:33

you guys care way too much about this game. Maybe if you care a little harder it will break up sof and laf so the game could actually be playable.
Elders

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 15th 2021, 20:37:03

Originally posted by Link:
its super lame that talking fluff on the forums can now apparently carry such heavy consequences... especially if you piss in an admins cheerios..

people getting "final warnings"? for putting words in someones mouth?? wtf has this become?

What "heavy consequences" are you even talking about?

By this point we've got to be all adults here, mostly 30s and older. There's a bunch of stuff that really ought to be common sense to people of that age:

- If you go on someone else's property then you have to follow their rules.

- If you enter a business and abuse the staff then you might be asked to leave.

It blows my mind as to why people care so much about posts getting deleted or being put in temporary time outs. Don't you have more important stuff to worry about?

myerr21 Game profile

May 15th 2021, 20:40:57

this game is my entire life bro. Ive been buying earth bucks on bitmart.
Elders

Link Game profile

May 15th 2021, 20:43:43

maybe because its encroaching on one of the last sources of actual fun here? no one really gives a fluff about the actual game anymore lol.

also... we didnt go on anyones fluffing property lol. we have been here for decades. at this point, we are the property.. fluff got twisted somewhere along the way it seems.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

myerr21 Game profile

May 15th 2021, 20:44:42

if im property, i demand 40 acres and a nuke
Elders

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 15th 2021, 20:52:35

maybe because its encroaching on one of the last sources of actual fun here? no one really gives a fluff about the actual game anymore lol.

also... we didnt go on anyones fluffing property lol. we have been here for decades. at this point, we are the property.. fluff got twisted somewhere along the way it seems.

The forums are hosted to further your enjoyment of the game. They are not hosted so that you can personally abuse others in some attempt to have "fun". If you aren't willing to follow the forum rules then don't post here.

myerr21 Game profile

May 15th 2021, 20:58:18

you guys would make great blizzard employees. WARNING WARNING, FUN DETECTED. As you said, by now we ARE all adults. If another adults words hurt you that bad, you shouldnt be on the internet. No matter what they said.
Elders

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 15th 2021, 21:01:05

From a business perspective, why is it a good thing to allow players to tell the game staff to kill themselves?

Link Game profile

May 15th 2021, 21:02:04

talking fluff to eachother has ALWAYS been more than half of said enjoyment the forums provide.. huge line between that and "abuse"

lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 15th 2021, 21:11:52

If you beat someone in a war and want to trash talk their performance, go ahead and do that. If you want to trash talk another alliance in an FS thread, go ahead and do that. If you're known someone for years and want to engage in some lighthearted banter, go ahead and do that. None of that is against the rules. That is not what is being discussed here.

If you feel entitled to go further than that, then these forums may not be a good fit for you. We have always set out to host a game where players are, for the most part, civil to each other. It's been that one since day 1. That's why there are rules on country names, ingame messages, and what can be posted on the forums.

"Ingame messages are used to communicate with other players, find allies, or resolve disputes. Please be polite in all of your messages: sending offensive messages can have dire consequences for our country!"

"Note: Use of inappropriate language may result in deletion."

Lately, we haven't done a good job with enforcing the rules on the forums. The forums have grown wild and are overflowing with personal hate. That drives away some players from participating in them and the game. It's bad for business.

myerr21 Game profile

May 15th 2021, 21:20:46

What drives people away from the game is you guys changing rules to fit the playstyle of "certain people". fluff like laf and sof having 80% of the players on the server and just letting them do whatever they want.
Elders

myerr21 Game profile

May 15th 2021, 21:21:53

which I do think that they should be allowed to do whatever they want. If thats how they want to play, good for them. It cant possibly be fun, but when other servers get straight 40's germany rules, its pretty wack.
Elders

Suicidal Game profile

May 15th 2021, 21:23:40

I plan on being more polite.... example:

galleri, fix me a sammich.....Please

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2021, 21:27:18

But slag, we discussed consumerism and business management here. I have extremely specific problems with management which I've addressed repeatedly for years.

You can disagree with me, but the responsible thing to do as administration is not to alienate your consumer base, call them a liar or engage in combative or threatening comments. That will only further exasperate the problem. Address my concerns. You can even do it privately. I don't mind and in fact would even maybe prefer it.

Whether or not I'm exactly correct doesnt matter. I deal with about 2000 customers a day and the idea that all of them will say completely pleasant nice and correct things all day is a farce. I'm going to encounter problematic customers several times per day. Whether problematic due to mistakes on our end, or just an irrational customer, the success of my business hinges almost exclusively on correcting mistakes. And the easiest way to do that is by being transparent about what has occurred, and doing all I can to remedy their ill will.

If that fails, I might throw them out, but I'd never threaten or insult them because it literally ALWAYS will escalate the problem.

So now you have a problem that you've let escalate to unreasonable levels, and yet the response still seems to be further threats and insults. That's literally just poor business management practices. You need to de-escalate, not go instantly to defense mode. There's no reason to be defensive unless some of the things I'm saying are in fact true. Otherwise a simple explanation should be totally fine to address concerns.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 15th 2021, 21:32:46

Originally posted by myerr21:
you guys would make great blizzard employees. WARNING WARNING, FUN DETECTED. As you said, by now we ARE all adults. If another adults words hurt you that bad, you shouldnt be on the internet. No matter what they said.

How rude! Lol I have been giving out GM jokes when someone messages me.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 15th 2021, 21:59:00

Some customers will never be satisfied no matter what you do. Some customers also simply aren't worth the trouble.

If you feel that I'm doing a bad job with the game, that's fine. You still can't repeatedly break the rules of the forum.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2021, 22:21:24

You're making that decision without even attempting a remedy. And you're speaking to someone who has played the game for decades and only been problematic recently after a couple specific instances that all but made the game unplayable for me. You could at least attempt to address them and then see if it elicits a positive response.

You're going into it thinking none of us will ever be satisfied and in this instance it simply isn't the case. At the very least you could compromise. Give me an actual response and if I'm still an asshole then ban me forever or whatever you feel. There's more than enough reason to give it a shot.

Assuming a bad response to responsible practices is the same thing as assuming bad practices will provide motivation for people to fall into line. And I think you're clearly seeing from the responses here that that simply will not work.

Again, it only escalates.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 15th 2021, 22:31:52

Lots of people have PMed me about their issues. As far as I can tell, I usually resolved their problems in a satisfactory way.

If you feel the game isn't fun and have felt that the game staff have been incompetent for years, my response would be that it sounds like we don't deserve your money.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 15th 2021, 22:38:42

You are talking past each others without knowing it.

Either way, on the one hand you want more drama but on the other hand people cant call you this or that... is that where we are at?

If the forum wasn't let to freefall the past years were hate speech, irl threats, doxing, harassment etc became standard operating procedure, you wouldnt have been called this or that a year ago, you would not have been harassed by a dozen fake nicks by a few people that you have problem with because they were authorized by one or two mods you think has it in for you etc...

If we just had a reasonable tone on these boards, those things wouldnt have happened. Yet you want more drama, louder screams, nastyer attacks, as it brings people to the game, or so you say... just as long as they are not directed towards you?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 15th 2021, 22:48:27

I am not sure that is what Derrick is talking about either at the end of your statement Gerd. I see his point, I see Slagpit's point. I see everyone's point and I have heard everyone for 1.5 years, trust me.
I also see where one side isn't seeing the other sides views and vice versa.

So the question is where do we go from here and how can everyone move on and make things enjoyable again? I am not even enjoying myself as a player or mod at this point ...and that is not the way I want things to be.

Sui: I made you a sammich like 10 years ago and you have yet eat it. Why would I make you another?

Link Game profile

May 15th 2021, 23:19:06

i can has sammich?
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

m0bzta Game profile

May 15th 2021, 23:21:05

Slagpit why not take the code and make you own game with your rules in them see how that does :P
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 15th 2021, 23:42:50

i can has sammich?

I need to go get more bread lol

Originally posted by m0bzta:
Slagpit why not take the code and make you own game with your rules in them see how that does :P

Umm he did that with the other 3 devs for this one..... ;)

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2021, 0:04:15

There's lots of things that shouldn't be allowed on the forum in order to make it a more inviting place, things like hate speech, death wishes, and so on. Otoh you do have to be judicial with when to punish because people will quit if they feel like they're being trampled on with bans/suspensions and can't share their perspective.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2021, 0:53:11

I mean. It's probably easy for galleri to see both sides because she was very helpful to me in this situation...as was warster. I dont care to explain my perspective on it anymore than I already have, mostly because the people involved just start screaming at me and calling me a liar and banning me about it. I've been banned for talking about it 2 times now.

I started by asking. Like legit just asking questions. And when I got told quite literally to fluff off, and got insulted for asking, I got angry and flippant (side bar...this all happened before slag returned. He walked into the fluffshow and i sort of dont blame him for being annoyed by it). It literally could just be a misunderstanding, but I wouldnt know due to the crass responses I've recieved about it.

The fact that my countries were ruined repeatedly for years by a banned player is whatever. The fact that I began calling every suicider by that name is a fact, because it often led to me finding out their identity if I was wrong. I was absolutely telling little white lies while calling on the mods to take a look for me. Galleri and warster can absolutely confirm. They know I was specifically telling those lies because like....if you were suiciding me and I called you hellrush for example, you might be like HEY IM NOT HELLRUSH. That's helpful, and part of my strategy for identifying players.

To be ridiculed by a moderator with the actual information publicly for being wrong on that....still not my issue, but it happened. And well. I'll keep my opinions to myself because frankly it does no good. Theres no deniable plausibility because the post is still active and open and searchable. You can literally go view me getting ridiculed for being wrong about the identity of my suicider by a mod.

And that's also not the problem I had. I dont even cite that as my actual problem. It's silly man really. A very clear disconnect happened and I don't even know how else to approach it.

End of the day I just want two questions answered which are
1) when I was ridiculed about being wrong about macdaddy's identity for 3 days, why then did galleri show up after a vacation and delete them saying it was rule breaking. And why didnt the mod ridiculing me for being wrong about their identity delete it if it was indeed rule breaking
2) I'll just say "reinstated." Anyone privy to the situation should know what I'm talking about. It felt like harassment but it could have been a genuine misunderstanding. I'm open to amends. Something very strange happened targeting me and I'd just like to understand why it happened.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2021, 1:20:48

End of the day tho, theres a pile of current players who would say when I'm fully active I'm one of the best netters to play team and FFA. And a lot of current wardogs would say I'm a one of a kind warleader. I dont ask for that. I only ever did it to hold a community I love together. A community that supported me thru good times and bad. Link paid for me to eat when I was actually a homeless drug addict, and those comments referencing that make me feel some type of way yeah. I'm not going to sit here and say I play for any other reason.

But when the people I play with are targeted, whether by a misunderstanding or with actual malicious intent by game mods, it perturbs on an actual personal level. And an explanation would more than suffice, because more often than not, there's more to the situation than I could possibly know.

I think looking at me and saying "some customers will never be satisfied" is frankly an open acknowledgement of the fact that you've never had an open conversation with me about this. Or else I'm certain you wouldnt feel that way.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 16th 2021, 1:26:31
See Original Post