Verified:

Rasp Game profile

Oct 15th 2021, 13:08:06

Currently, you can see a LIVE/DEAD country's PREVIOUS countries (reverse lookup).

Has there been any thought about a DEAD country's current/subsequent countries?

Basically a forward lookup of what is currently in place.

Example:

Current:

Country of Y (#2)
DEAD
Restarted from Country of X (#1)

Suggestion:

Country of X (#1)
DEAD
Restarted AS Country of Y (#2)

This could later be chained like the following:

Country of X (#1)
DEAD
Restarted AS Country of Y (#2)
DEAD
Restarted AS Country of Z (#3)
LIVE

Edited By: Rasp on Oct 15th 2021, 13:43:17
See Original Post
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2021, 13:10:59

Um, I think the way it runs in the database is only on the 2nd countries creation does it fill in that data, so it would require a bit of database adjusting to keep track forwardly.

Rasp Game profile

Nov 5th 2021, 12:45:56

How about adding it to the API then so that us 3rd party devs can extrapolate the data ourselves? :)
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 5th 2021, 16:06:29

It could make an excellent metric for some war stat(s).

+1

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 5th 2021, 19:22:28

I think backwards lookup in the API would be epic for 3rd party devs. I guess either forward or backward would be fine, or both, but it shouldnt be necessary.

Im thinking all that would be needed is an extra column in the ranks update, called restartof#, with default value of 0 for all originals(including latestarts) then for all restarts its the number of the country it restarted from instead. This would be enough for 3rd party devs to track everything through their tools automatically.

Rasp Game profile

Nov 6th 2021, 1:19:18

Originally posted by Gerdler:
I think backwards lookup in the API would be epic for 3rd party devs. I guess either forward or backward would be fine, or both, but it shouldnt be necessary.

Im thinking all that would be needed is an extra column in the ranks update, called restartof#, with default value of 0 for all originals(including latestarts) then for all restarts its the number of the country it restarted from instead. This would be enough for 3rd party devs to track everything through their tools automatically.

Agreed. If we don't have the resources to develop a forward lookup, at least post the data in the API updates so someone with the motivation will work on it for a 3rd party tool.

Rasp Game profile

Nov 6th 2021, 1:20:09

implications:

1) Tracking restarts of known suiciders.
2) warstats
3) ?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 7th 2021, 16:43:07

3) general user friendlyness

- I think one of the main issues with ee is its extremely clunky to navigate.

For instance when you go to the scores list and see a country you might want to look up its news, message it, send an alliance offer to it, spy it, grab it, or just search it... why isnt this an option right there on the scores list? there should be a link to spy it, or search it, or check its news, or message it, right there. instead you have to remember or copy its number, if you remember it wrong there could be a disaster of some kind, and even if you dont its so fcking 90s navigation.

Rasp Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 16:52:48

Originally posted by Gerdler:
3) general user friendlyness

- I think one of the main issues with ee is its extremely clunky to navigate.

For instance when you go to the scores list and see a country you might want to look up its news, message it, send an alliance offer to it, spy it, grab it, or just search it... why isnt this an option right there on the scores list? there should be a link to spy it, or search it, or check its news, or message it, right there. instead you have to remember or copy its number, if you remember it wrong there could be a disaster of some kind, and even if you dont its so fcking 90s navigation.

Maybe create a new [SUG] thread about it. :D

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2021, 18:16:52

With the current UI, I'd think a right-click (on the country name or #) -> context menu for things you can do to interact with that country would be cool.

That way, you don't have a million links cluttering up the screen if you don't want them.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2021, 6:45:47

^^ I like that idea a lot..

But, alas.. no development..

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 9th 2021, 21:13:03

I think that can be done with a browser plugin that anyone can make, no?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2021, 22:48:43

I didn't think about that, but yes, a plugin could be made to do that.