Verified:

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 17:25:45

HELLO NANCIES!

I RECENTLY EXCHANGED MESSAGES WITH A PRIMARY SERVER PLAYER REGARDING WHAT YOU SIMPLETONS CALL THE "ROR". IN THESE MESSAGES, HE REFERRED TO TAKING RETALS AS "SUICIDING" IF THE COUNTRY DOING THE RETALIATING IS SMALLER AND HAS TO GO HEAVY ON OFFENSE IN ORDER TO BREAK. EVEN IF THE RETALIATOR TAKES HIS RETRIBUTION IN UNDER 24 HOURS.

NOW I AM WONDERING WHETHER THIS IS THE PREVAILING ATTITUDE ON THIS SERVER. I HAVE NOTICED A FEW "ROR"S BY PLAYERS WHO I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WOULD NOT DO SUCH A THING. HAS THE PROTECTIONIST GDI ON THIS SERVER LED TO SUCH A SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT HERE THAT THE MAJORITY WILL NOT EVEN ACCEPT LEGITIMATE 1:1 RETALIATION?

SO, HOW MANY OF YOU ARE IN AGREEMENT THAT THE COUNTRY WHICH WAS AGGRESSED AGAINST IS "SUICIDING" IF HE/SHE BUYS UP A BOATLOAD OF JETS IN ORDER TO RETALIATE AGAINST HIS AGGRESSOR?

HA!

SAM

h2orich Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 17:30:39

no matter what he'she did to retal you, a retal is a retal.

Call it a suicide, call it smart, if you cant take it, go to war. simple as that.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 17:42:13

It's a retal. If they want to call it a suicide, then feel free to actually suicide and show him the difference.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 17:54:25

I SHOULD CLARIFY:

THE PLAYER IN QUESTION DID NOT "ROR" ME. I BECAME FRUSTRATED WITH "ROR"S LAST RESET, AND DECIDED TO DEDICATE THIS RESET TO GRABBING THOSE WHO COMMITTED "ROR"S ON OTHERS, THEREBY PARTIALLY ABANDONING THE WAYS OF VIOLENT PACIFISM. I SOON EXPANDED TO THOSE WHO MULTI-TAPPED ALL-X COUNTRIES.

THE PLAYER IN QUESTION ASKED WHY I HAD HIT HIM, WHICH RESULTED IN THE AFORMENTIONED CONVERSATION.

IT LOOKS AS THOUGH I WILL PROBABLY BECOME ALL-X AGAIN MYSELF NOW, AS ALL OF THE PLAYERS WHO FIT EITHER OF MY TARGETTING CRITERIA ARE EITHER TOO SMALL, COULD EASILY TAKE THE LAND BACK, MAKING THE ACTION POINTLESS, OR HAVE ALREADY BEGGED PREEMPTIVELY FOR MERCY.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 16th 2014, 20:02:31

SAM, are you that douche on express fkn the 999 guys?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 20:07:57

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

I DO NOT PLAY EXPRESS. ONLY PRIMARY AND ALLIANCE. AND I ONLY PLAY PRIMARY BECAUSE XINHUAN WAS SO RELENTLESS WITH HIS DEMANDS THAT EVERYONE PLAY PRIMARY.

IF I DID PLAY ON EXPRESS, I WOULD NOT BE A DOUCHE. I WOULD BE A TOOL. OR PERHAPS A DIPSTICK.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 16th 2014, 20:18:53

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:
HELLO NANCIES!

I RECENTLY EXCHANGED MESSAGES WITH A PRIMARY SERVER PLAYER REGARDING WHAT YOU SIMPLETONS CALL THE "ROR". IN THESE MESSAGES, HE REFERRED TO TAKING RETALS AS "SUICIDING" IF THE COUNTRY DOING THE RETALIATING IS SMALLER AND HAS TO GO HEAVY ON OFFENSE IN ORDER TO BREAK. EVEN IF THE RETALIATOR TAKES HIS RETRIBUTION IN UNDER 24 HOURS.

NOW I AM WONDERING WHETHER THIS IS THE PREVAILING ATTITUDE ON THIS SERVER. I HAVE NOTICED A FEW "ROR"S BY PLAYERS WHO I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WOULD NOT DO SUCH A THING. HAS THE PROTECTIONIST GDI ON THIS SERVER LED TO SUCH A SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT HERE THAT THE MAJORITY WILL NOT EVEN ACCEPT LEGITIMATE 1:1 RETALIATION?

SO, HOW MANY OF YOU ARE IN AGREEMENT THAT THE COUNTRY WHICH WAS AGGRESSED AGAINST IS "SUICIDING" IF HE/SHE BUYS UP A BOATLOAD OF JETS IN ORDER TO RETALIATE AGAINST HIS AGGRESSOR?

HA!

SAM
Heh, if the person can hit back within 24 hours, it means the retal was pretty easy for them. It means the person making the original attack made a bad grab. There are certain cases where players seem to be obsessed with the idea of retaling a bit too much, where they do really stupid things in order to make their retal, so in some cases people RORing might be, at least from some people's perspective, rightly pissed off.

It's mostly a matter of opinion, but I think something like the guy who hit me with 2 days left in the set, 10 days into my stocking period, in exchange for a grab that was 31 days old at that time, are just tools trying to grief people's rounds and the original grab has less to do with it than the type of person they are. I think any retal within 72 hours is pretty legit and sometimes retals that take longer are deserved as well (farmers get going later, for instance, so why should they have to hit back a commie within 72 hours? That would basically just mean the commie gets to hit all the farmers they want in the early part of the set).

Edited By: blid on Feb 16th 2014, 20:22:26
See Original Post
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Viceroy Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 20:23:17

Also, the retal can be an important tool to discourage future land grabs. I'm sure there are people who watch the news for countries that rarely or never retaliate. In this regard, their actions which would otherwise be stupid could be the preventative medicine they believe they require for long term health.

Even true suiciding can be an effective deterrent when warranted and utilized correctly.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 16th 2014, 21:52:15

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

I DO NOT PLAY EXPRESS. ONLY PRIMARY AND ALLIANCE. AND I ONLY PLAY PRIMARY BECAUSE XINHUAN WAS SO RELENTLESS WITH HIS DEMANDS THAT EVERYONE PLAY PRIMARY.

IF I DID PLAY ON EXPRESS, I WOULD NOT BE A DOUCHE. I WOULD BE A TOOL. OR PERHAPS A DIPSTICK.

Fair enough, well that cat claims to be a DANGER guy, so I'll try and figure who it is haha
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 8:23:25

Retals and RoR's are an Alliance server thing Sam. Here you play how you want and hit how you want. You just gotta deal with the consequences of your actions. Nobody is entitled to anything here. If someone thinks their 1A "rights" carry over to here... They better be prepared to fight for them. And that's and endless and frustrating fight to say the least.
The EEVIL Empire

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 19th 2014, 4:14:39

OH YEAH, I AM AWARE OF THAT SERPENTOR. I HAVE JUST BEEN SURPRISED BY HOW MANY ON THIS SERVER WILL HIT SOMEONE AGAIN IF HE DEMONSTRATES THE ABILITY AND WILL TO HIT THEM BACK.

NOT THAT THERE ARE A TON OF PEOPLE "ROR"ING HERE, BUT I SORT OF EXPECTED THAT THERE WOULD BE ALMOST NONE. THAT'S WHY I POSTED THIS POLL.. IN ORDER TO TRY TO GET A BETTER HANDLE ON HOW MOST PEOPLE HERE OPERATE.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 19th 2014, 4:22:50

That's why I carry so many missiles, SAM, makes them think twice before RoRing.
(•_•)

The Cloaked Game profile

Feb 19th 2014, 6:42:50

I haven't played in two sets.

that said, I always considered the retal window the whole set. And I always warred anyone who RoRd. And I carried a safe amount of missiles.

yylim80sss Game profile

Feb 19th 2014, 11:26:49

BTW SAM..WHATS WITH THE CAPS??