Need an upgrade. Anything above 4m will do

Rob Game profile

Feb 1st 2013, 9:35:36

Still looking for a def ally upgrade - anyone over 4m will do. I have over 6m

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2013, 22:53:22

Send me one :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 1:15:12

KoH wana be my ally? =)

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 15:34:54

I'm not sure anyone wants to be your ally now that you are gonna be getting PS'd 5 times a day for the rest of the set. I told you repeatedly 72 hour retal window...

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 16:10:25

Silly Bobby, stupidest thing you could have done was landgrab me 5 times :)

Im going to be teaching you a few things about this game for the remainder of the set. I hope you learn some stuff, it would be nice to have more ppl on my level.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 16:15:37

You have enough jets to PS him 5 times? I guess tits is all jets.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 16:16:47

I had 2 mil turrets... He has 10 mil jets

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 17:11:50

smlandau's nickname is tits? Interesting...

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 17:21:05

Originally posted by smlandau84:
Silly Bobby, stupidest thing you could have done was landgrab me 5 times :)

Im going to be teaching you a few things about this game for the remainder of the set. I hope you learn some stuff, it would be nice to have more ppl on my level.

Since all I can do right now is landgrab you until you hit me again I don't see what else I could really do. But anyways I hope I learn stuff too, can't really say I'm an expert on what to do in these situations. Should we start a separate thread for our fight? Let people weigh in on who will finish on top/etc. ?

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 17:27:02

Hit me once and go all D and wait for me to retaliate however I want. It might sound stupid but it would have been your best move.

Because not only did you blow turns/cash building that land, but you're going to keep building...and probably keep grabbing but you will learn soon.

You're a fat netter and you just started a war with what is now a skinny dict... bad move Bobby

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 17:28:11

I go by Mr Titanium in rd, people call me tits for short or seth

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 17:28:21

you just admitted to everyone you have a skinny dict. I feel like I won already:P

LATC Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 17:36:19

smlandau, how come you let I WIN RoR you and get away with it?
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

crest23 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 17:40:55

Gogy's country isn't going anywhere no point wasting time there. Bobby's country however is probably screwed. My guess is that the next few weeks the other CIs will be hitting him.

Seth is playing this server to screw around.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 17:46:09

Actually, my plan was to top feed crest then attack gogy if i got through all my retals without being RoR... but gogy is also a larger break than any country in the T10, because he believes in defense, defensive bonus, maxing weapons tech etc.

He also has way more tech than anyone in the top 10, so a T10 country is a much easier battle ;)

I was also considering netting if I didn't get RoR, and I was in a good position too being a 30k+ dict farmer with good tech and tons of grabbing prospects, but I don't net anywhere lately because this is a war game and fighting is much more fun ;)

herbs12 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 17:46:48

Well I agree with Tits on this a fat commie with low military prices is in a disadvantage against a skinny dict farmer. But I don't think anyone is really set up for a war in any way. Spies I suppose from the Dict will go along way against Bobby. But on the same note bobby can raise his levels incredibly fast.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 18:37:10

The thing I find most interesting about my experience playing primary so far is that the GDI rules indirectly state that there is "retal window" whatsoever, by taking away coverage from a player against anyone he attacks twice for any reason.

I made 6 retals in the last week against countries that all decided to farm me at the same time, probably thinking if they kept hitting me I would be able to retal.

4 of them sent me messages saying "nice retal; wow, i knew i shouldnt have hit you, etc."
Gogy send me a message saying "I hit you back cuz i want to landtrade, lets landtrade we both always win"
And Bobby sends me 5 PSs.

Now, gogy is clearly a wildcard and doesn't give a crap if he nets or wars... but clearly the other 4 who are netting and want to continue to net are aware that they made a bad target choice, got retalled, and move on.

On the otherhand, Bobby and his personal 72 hours retal window got him in trouble. Maybe he could have pulled it off against a rep casher 1/3rd his size or less... but Im pretty confident Bobby's idea was that I had low defense, so we was going to farm me, continue farming me, maybe get hit by a missle every couple days, but pull so far ahead of me I wasn't going to be able to accomplish anything.

Bobby, I guarantee you that you won't have a top 100 finish. When you play a game with 500+ people, it's going to be a little challenging making your own rules and trying to get people to play by them when no one cares about who you are or what your rules are.

Anyways, good luck. I'm sure you'll learn to throw your retal policy out the window and pick targets better because clearly you wanted to net this set ;)

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 18:39:46

P.S., Rob, sorry to steal your thunder but do you still need a DA? Ive got 1.5mil turrets but with my weapons and dict bonus im getting up there is overall D ;)

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 18:56:35

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
smlandau's nickname is tits? Interesting...

Yeah, I call tits tits because he goes by Mr.Titanium in RD on alliance (everyone calls him tits in RD), I rarely go by the atrociously hard to type "smlandau84", nor Seth which is the name he is more known by on Express.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 18:58:49

The irony of all this is the name Bobby used this set. I say this because his country is about to live it.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 19:01:28

I gave him the name tits. His real name is Seth. He usually runs multiple accounts, but they are all Seth.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 19:03:52

Define multiple. I never run more than 5 on any one server at any one time.

Bobby, if you notice random countries grabbing you over the next couple weeks, just assume they are mine.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 19:04:34

With AB so nerfed, seth's lack of missiles and the fact I can pump spies way quicker then he can I honestly am unsure what I should be so scared of. I'm quite curious how this goes...

BTW I do think 72 hour retal window is important. I don't like this new thing of people pumping jets for a week to retal. Am I the only one who feels this way?

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 19:16:38

My point exactly, you tried to enforce you "retal window" because you thought you could do so and net :)

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 19:21:33

hmmm sorry when I say I'm unsure what I should be scared of I don't mean to say that I'll still be able to net. What I mean is that I don't plan on logging into a barren wasteland of a country anytime soon, but that's what everyone else seems to think will happen. I enforced the retal window b/c it's important to me and I said I would. I don't generally say things as a bluff, although I wouldn't put it past me:P

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 19:32:33

You can't enforce a retal window and here is why.

The best shot you have is appealing to QZ to recode GDI with a 72 hrs window that keeps the GDI in effect if you get retaled after your initial 2 hour window.

If the game code changes, it still won't help you because...
If you then retal the first country's grab, he can obviously retal you again because he just did and then its going to lead to a war anyways since GDI protection would no longer be a factor.

So what it comes down to is this:
If you don't want to be retalled, don't landgrab
If you don't want to be broken, defend yourself.

You country was way too fat to sustain anything, and you couldn't defend yourself. Maybe you should do what #53 #171 or what #80 and many others are doing because clearly they don't have the same problems as you Bobby.

You won't be a wasteland anytime soon, theres like 5 turns/day. Buy you also won't be growing, and soon you will be getting farmed.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 20:08:48

Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2013, 20:12:31

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
With AB so nerfed, seth's lack of missiles and the fact I can pump spies way quicker then he can I honestly am unsure what I should be so scared of. I'm quite curious how this goes...

BTW I do think 72 hour retal window is important. I don't like this new thing of people pumping jets for a week to retal. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Spies are not possible to stop. Also I agree with you I'd be bitter if someone goes all jets for like 14 days or something to retal me but a 72 hour window is a pretty stringent demand and trying to enforce it is pretty ambitious. Not to mention, Seth spent the five days it took him to retal making other retals. According to your rule, what if 4 people hit a guy? The 4th guy gets off free? Or should he be able to look at the news and see that the other player had to take that long because he was busy making other retals?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Cannon Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 20:26:16

Why is there even a retal window? If someone hit me who I hit two weeks ago then oh well. If they hit more than once, that's when I would take offense and take it from there. I just dont understand why people get so bent out of shape about it. If a guy wants to pump jets out for two weeks to hit someone back then that's their perogative.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2013, 20:31:23

That would be lame though
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 20:50:19

Because when you hit that guy during the 2nd week in the set you gain about 300-400 acres. If he comes back 3-4 weeks later after pumping nothing but jets and makes his "retal" he is going to take 4-5+ times as much land as you took from him. This is not acceptable in my book, and why I like a 1 week retal window. They can still pump jets for a week to retal back probably, but the land you lose will probably be more comparable to what you took and it is a lot easier to accept.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 21:18:33

I couldn't retal them all in 72 hours, nor did I care to. But it doesn't make a difference, i could have retalled Bobby is 72 hrs but I wasn't following any made up retal windows.

FYI, Gogy was a bigger break 4 days ago at half the net then Bobby was today.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 21:43:07

Retal windows are dumb and I won't follow them. You can make up your own rules, I will make mine up afterall this is a solo server.

When you want to talk about fair you have to ask it in mathematical terms, afterall this is a mathematical game. What is the present value in week 5 of a 400 acre grab you made on a country in week 2. That 400 acres helped you grow for 3 weeks, and that lost 400 acres stunted the growth of whoever you hit.

It is better to hit a guy for 400 acres and use those resources to grow for 3 weeks and have it returned than it is to hit a guy for 400 acres and get retalled immediately for 4-5x more.

I don't believe it is "fair" to expect a CI with it's inherent explosive growth rate to place a "72 hr retal window" on a farmer who has been selling for $35 all month long.

My prediction how this will end? In the next few days and weeks Bobby's country will be hit by a few of the CIs, Reps, and with these food prices, farmers as he slowly falls down the ranks. This is assuming Seth is up to snuff of course. Further proving my theory that it is retarded to "enforce a retal window" to teach anyone a lesson when in the 1st place you don't use the same country name set after set (from whom is this lesson being taught from again?).

Edited By: crest23 on Feb 2nd 2013, 21:45:54
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

LATC Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 21:44:08

Retal windows are just policies made up by ppl, not rules of the game that need to be followed. Bobby chose to have a 72 hour policy. Tits, like anyone else, can choose to respect that rule or not.

Just because you declare a policy, it doesn't mean you're entitled to everyone having to obey it. The only thing that matters is you live with the consequences of your action. Tits chose not to follow Bobby's 72 hour window and his consequence was being grabbed 5x by Bobby. Bobby chose to enforce his rule and we're about to see the consequences of his action. Both are operating within the rules of the game, no one is right or wrong.. your personal opinions are your own, it's a waste of time trying to force argue your opinions on others.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2013, 21:52:03

Originally posted by OneMansArmy:

/eat popcorn
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

LATC Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 21:57:07

/grabs a seat next to KoH and OMA

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 22:01:54

KoH you still need a DA? I'll be a valuable ally :)

Magellaan Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 22:02:48

How many buildings would bomb structures destroy per succesful spyop on a 50k acres country?
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 22:08:05

More than you would expect. But as I suspect Seth will soon find out, it will be a very tall task to get him out of the top 100.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 22:10:12

My guess is 700buildings / hit

I think its somewhere between 1-2%

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2013, 22:24:25

KoH you still need a DA? I'll be a valuable ally :)

I do, but not one that is being farmed :(
(•_•)

Magellaan Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 22:32:01

700 per spyop.. that'll really hurt yea
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 22:46:23

holy crap @ 700 a hit. Did not realize that, now I think I have some sense of what to fear lol. Good thing less then 45k of that land is built:P

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 22:53:05

FYI, Gogy was a bigger break 4 days ago at half the net then Bobby was today.

FYI I think I might have been a bigger break 4 days ago too. Honestly since I knew it was coming I wanted you to get the retal in ASAP so we could get the party started...

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 2nd 2013, 22:58:40

Bobby quick ... Let me help you drop some acres before he hits!!!

:)
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2013, 23:11:46

Originally posted by crest23:
When you want to talk about fair you have to ask it in mathematical terms, afterall this is a mathematical game. What is the present value in week 5 of a 400 acre grab you made on a country in week 2. That 400 acres helped you grow for 3 weeks, and that lost 400 acres stunted the growth of whoever you hit.
I don't really buy this. If I hit someone for 400 and they hit back for 2000, the only way that's "equal" is if I had that 400 acres for a long time and the round is almost over (in which case why are they bothering to hit me?). And furthermore, we're talking about some little guy jetting up here, so we're also talking about me losing 2000 acres to a country that's much weaker than mine and that doesn't really have any business pushing me around. Moreover, if too much time passes before the retal, it's realistically more like a grab than any sort of reciprocal exchange, cause/effect of grab/retal becomes murkier and frays away more day by day. What we're basically talking about here is someone playing spoiler or hoping to take advantage of GDI rules. I mean which isn't cheating or anything, it's just pretty lame, that's all I'm saying. That's the justification someone might have for trying to enforce a "retal window." Ultimately no one can argue with what LATC posted.

Note that I'm not talking about something like what Seth did, or demanding a 72 hour window like Bobby, I'm just talking about a vague "worst case."

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2013, 23:44:53

Dont grab if you can't fend off retals, that is all.
(•_•)

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 2:22:56

Land seems very thin this round. There's going to be some risky grabs going on.
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2013, 2:34:42

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Dont grab if you can't fend off retals, that is all.
This is one of those statements that sounds like a truism but when you think about it is actually ridiculous and meaningless. Almost everyone slips up and gets retaled sometimes, it doesn't mean no one should grab. Fiscal Cliff, Cloaked, James Craig, the list goes on, all got retaled.

And if some guy stocks for 30 days so he can buy 15m jets and retal me with a week or two left, that doesn't necessarily mean I made a mistake looking at the spy op when I decided to grab him, it really just means I had the bad luck to hit someone that carries insane vendettas and messes up people's rounds because of it.