Verified:

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 3:06:20

The way the game is coded with GDI is simply if you choose to hit someone they have a right to retal it at any point they want.

That's the game we play, and choose to play. None of us code it so I don't think we should complain. If you want it to change, make suggestions to Qz.

Is it fair that people get bottom fed? If you ask the people who always get bottom fed they would probably say no, its not fair how bigger countries farm them and they don't get a chance to grow.

So why is it not fair when one of those smaller countries puts together something descent and makes a huge retal on a big country?

The people here that read this are mostly bottom feeders, and better players. When you bottom feed someone who is smaller, but a good player, you're going to regret it later. It's your mistake, deal with it :)

oldman Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 3:06:26

Well, there's no written rule on retal policy in primary since it's a solo server. When everything's said and done, you enforce whatever you choose to enforce and what's important at the end of the day is whether you can walk the talk.

Bobby: just one word of advice though, tits is a tough one to handle haha. Though I don't see you falling out of top100 because of this war, unless he somehow manages to kill your country.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2013, 3:15:34

Originally posted by smlandau84:
The way the game is coded with GDI is simply if you choose to hit someone they have a right to retal it at any point they want.
They can do that with or without GDI. The only thing GDI has to do with it is first strike, but that doesn't mean Bobby can't ROR if he has a problem with it, which he did.

The people here that read this are mostly bottom feeders, and better players. When you bottom feed someone who is smaller, but a good player, you're going to regret it later. It's your mistake, deal with it :)
That's fine with me. I'm just talking from an etiquette point of view. Hitting after a month or something like that is a low blow.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 3:25:54

Blid, I agree people can do what they want, but I am also showing that Bobby that he can take his policy and shove it up his ass, cuz I'd rather war someone with made up rules/policies then finish strong.

Posting on the forums that "I have a 72 hr policy" then sending an in game after 72 hrs that you can't retal me anymore... gets you in this situation. I had no intentions of fighting him, nor did I know about his retarded policy until he sent his in game message. And all that did was make it my #1 priority to retal him, so in essence, Bobby started this with his offensive actions this morning :)

I don't think anyone is going to argue that it's messed up to retal someone a month later, but it is what it is. I don't see anyone arguing against that length of retal, but in this situation, I would have to imagine that 95% of people would see Bobby at fault for what the remainder of his set will look like.
Regardless, maybe he wants a war, he was so open about telling me what the consequences of my retaliation would be.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2013, 3:29:23

He was talking about the 72 hour policy last set too. someone majorly top fed a guy, and the guy retaled after 80 hours, and Bobby commented that he would've gone to war for that. i was like wtf, that guy topfed him, and now you think he should go to war because the retal took a few hours "too long"? and he was like "yeah."
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 3:34:24

Well looking at Bobby's profile, assuming he's BobbyATA, the guy has played 17 times with 7 top 100s (6 of which are top 25) so I assume he gets a very well deserved war about 60% of the time, because clearly hes got top 25 potential when he doesn't invoke his personal policies.

Or, if he's not fighting people all the time he just gives up early when he can't get ahead and stay ahead, either way I'm not impressed :P

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2013, 3:48:00

Originally posted by blid:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Dont grab if you can't fend off retals, that is all.
This is one of those statements that sounds like a truism but when you think about it is actually ridiculous and meaningless. Almost everyone slips up and gets retaled sometimes, it doesn't mean no one should grab. Fiscal Cliff, Cloaked, James Craig, the list goes on, all got retaled.

And if some guy stocks for 30 days so he can buy 15m jets and retal me with a week or two left, that doesn't necessarily mean I made a mistake looking at the spy op when I decided to grab him, it really just means I had the bad luck to hit someone that carries insane vendettas and messes up people's rounds because of it.

Then don't cry when you get retalled.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

crest23 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 3:48:43

Wait, are you saying that he actually sent you a message before you retaled him to tell you that the 72 hour period is up? That's a first. I hope he doesn't do that for every country he hits.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 3:58:30

Originally posted by crest23:
Wait, are you saying that he actually sent you a message before you retaled him to tell you that the 72 hour period is up? That's a first. I hope he doesn't do that for every country he hits.

Yes, he did. I'll post the message whenever I choose to login and start fighting back...

But, like I said, there was no rationale to why I chose to attack him last, I just did. I could have broken him within the 72 hr period if I wanted to, but with a "72 retal window" never crossing my mind, I selected targets from the bottom up whenever I logged into hit them. But regardless, I like this way better.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2013, 3:59:19

Dont grab if you can't fend off retals, that is all.
This is one of those statements that sounds like a truism but when you think about it is actually ridiculous and meaningless. Almost everyone slips up and gets retaled sometimes, it doesn't mean no one should grab. Fiscal Cliff, Cloaked, James Craig, the list goes on, all got retaled.

And if some guy stocks for 30 days so he can buy 15m jets and retal me with a week or two left, that doesn't necessarily mean I made a mistake looking at the spy op when I decided to grab him, it really just means I had the bad luck to hit someone that carries insane vendettas and messes up people's rounds because of it.

Then don't cry when you get retalled.
that's not what i'm saying...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2013, 4:03:41

LOL, but you don't get it....

trolololololololololololo :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Magellaan Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 4:07:56

Well, Bobby was fully aware Seth was going to war if he RoRd and Seth was fully aware Bobby would RoR him if he retalled after 72hour and he say's he likes it this way
Let them have their fun I guess :) They wanted this, but ultimately it's Bobby's decision to RoR and go to war. So if gets hammered it's his own fault for holding on to a silly retal policy (silly if you want to finish at the top).
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 14:03:21

Well looking at Bobby's profile, assuming he's BobbyATA, the guy has played 17 times with 7 top 100s (6 of which are top 25) so I assume he gets a very well deserved war about 60% of the time, because clearly hes got top 25 potential when he doesn't invoke his personal policies.

Or, if he's not fighting people all the time he just gives up early when he can't get ahead and stay ahead, either way I'm not impressed :P

I thought my profile let's you see my countries as well. Almost all of my non top-25s (really non top 10s) are when I sign up and decide not to play very early in set, usually I'm still in protection.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 14:14:43

My guess is 700buildings / hit

I think its somewhere between 1-2%

how disappointed were you to see the actual results :P?

h2orich Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 14:56:43

What were the actual results? Share?

blid

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2013, 15:04:04

Does it depend on you having similar building types, networths, etc?

Magellaan Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 15:05:51

Im getting about 1.2% on a small target that's been bugging me..
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 15:35:07

Enemy operatives destroyed 240 buildings!

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 15:35:31

~.7%

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 15:40:54

You bomb a lot more buildings only if you and the target share the same built building types.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2013, 15:48:26

240 buildings still hurts. That's $30m per pop.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 16:07:07

Ya but it's not 700 bad. And I'm not doing spy ops on him and I'm pumping spies so I figure in a day or two my SPAL will crush his.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2013, 16:07:44

Your SPAL doesn't matter, ask Rockman hehe

http://forums.earthempires.com/...&z=spy-page-incorrect

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 16:30:26

Rockman had 200-300 SPAL. People still broke him on harmful ops about 1/3 of the time (until DR kicks in).

It would look like harmful ops are on a different formula from non-farmful ops in terms of success rate.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 17:46:05

Originally posted by BobbyATA:

Ya but it's not 700 bad. And I'm not doing spy ops on him and I'm pumping spies so I figure in a day or two my SPAL will crush his.

You can't afford to pump spies :)

And Ill still break you

Rob Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 18:30:45

Whats up with this SPAL thing? Why does it seem to me that it works differently in Primary than any other server. In Express or Tourney with a good SPAL, i rarely fail but in Primary no matter how much spies I have i seem to fail more

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 18:56:54

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Rockman had 200-300 SPAL. People still broke him on harmful ops about 1/3 of the time (until DR kicks in).

It would look like harmful ops are on a different formula from non-farmful ops in terms of success rate.

heh I just ttt'd that thread so hopefully something is done about that:P. Altho it's hard to keep up with Seth's SPAL at the rate he is losing land heh...

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 19:18:57

Congratulations on removing ghost acres from the equation and shooting my SPAL through the roof :)

You obviously have no concept of what you should be doing to help you vs what you are doing to help me.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2013, 19:24:34

If you wanna lose acres so badly why not drop them yourself?

The Cloaked Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 19:26:30

well, 1 ps got tits 4k acres, 4 ps's from bobby lost tits 4.8k acres.

but another week of trading and tits won't have much left. I assume that right now tits probably has 17k acres built vs bobby who probably have 35k acres built.

with current food prices assuming you both have avg tech I assume tits is outproducing bobby by around 20%/acre/turn and has a 25%dict military bonus. On spies bobby has the advantage because bobby has full control over the amount of spies he produces and is producing at +60% the rate/acre as tits. Tits isn't too far behind though because he does have 130% spy value.

I don't think this is overly lopsided. I have no idea why tits' returns on BS are so bad. But imo, whoever catches the other guys' jets at home will own. Last set I was warring a guy who had 4m jets(I had 10m) and my BAs took out 250k/op.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 19:31:26

Blid, because he will attempt to rebuild, he doesn't get it. Obviously it's better overall for me if he loses acres, but the higher cost he rebuilds at the more costly it will be for him in the long run. If his building production goes down 15%/day but his acres stay the same for awhile, he's going to lose big in the exchange.

I have 500 empties

crest23 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 19:43:10

No matter how you slice it, Bobby is screwed, by this time next week, a few of the commies and reps will have started bottom feeding him. Probably starting with Serp and herbs. My guess is Serp, lol.

Primary is rough, once the first guy goes in on him, the rest will soon after follow. Then Seth would have learned his lesson, right Bobby?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 19:45:11

Returns will be crappy, my guess in bobby will have 25k acres and 10k buildings in 1 week, is that worth bottom feeding?

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 19:47:49

question, are spy DRs on 24 hour thing, or are they reset at midnight every day?

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 19:53:41

Next week? I was thinking this afternoon. Lol
The EEVIL Empire

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 20:19:13

24 hours, need any other tips?

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 20:20:03

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Next week? I was thinking this afternoon. Lol

Only way I can do that is with missles I don't have, but maybe Ill get lukcy and get 3 nukes tomorrow.

I can't farm him, he's got 2 top 20 CI DAs :(

crest23 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 20:44:33

Don't nuke him, we will want the land. The DAs will drop him soon after the hits start. They will both probably grab him as well after they drop him.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

The Cloaked Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 20:47:13

Nah, I doubt either of them will be truly in farm range for a week or so. Either one of them can easily come up with the 13-14m jet raw attack required to hit anyone in the game.

Bee Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 20:50:19

You know what would be funny, if someone farmed both of them and they agreed to a CF and killed that guy instead.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 20:54:51

I dont cease fire :(

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 21:44:01

Serp, you should grab me too to make it fair :)

crest23 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 22:51:54

Didn't take Serp long.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 22:54:08

I'm going to retal Serp and it really won't be that hard. I have 31k indies (had 35k tahnks serp:P) and a good base of jets. I don't know why people think my country is suddenly going to be farmland, so far the only damage Seth has done is due to missiles and grabs. Other then that he bombed maybe 1k buildings at a cost of 100k spies yesterday lol. But anyways just a caution stay away I will retal you back and it won't be that hard for me to hit any of you (at least at this point)

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 22:58:17

Yeah dumb impulsive move.
The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 23:02:14

Oh well, I'll eat it. Super Bowl time!!!!!
The EEVIL Empire

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2013, 23:19:21

You make it sound like me using 25 turns and you losing 7k acres, 2k buildings, and 2mil jets while pushing your expenses up 1mil/turn in my first 24 hours isn't a lot of damage

This is primary, it happens slowly :)

And Bobby, you are farmland

Edited By: smlandau84 on Feb 3rd 2013, 23:24:41
See Original Post

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 0:41:55

Serp, you should grab me too to make it fair :)

I almost missed the smiley at the end of that lol.