Verified:

The Cloaked Game profile

Jul 28th 2013, 17:44:09

I doubt it's three o allies working together. hits were too close to use each other's jets.

#4 double retalled for acres against 63 though. Maybe it will take one of the three topfeeders down in a war. If not 63, he might try it on one of the other topfeeders. But I doubt gogy will let retalling for acres go without a war.

the guy that hit serp... iunno. Maybe he thinks topfeeding is a good strategy? He made off with more acres on #4(after the retal) then he had for the 3 days previous combined.

LATC Game profile

Jul 28th 2013, 17:47:34

Is it just me or are there a TON of TF's being done this reset.. I'm afraid to jump in to top 10 right now..
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

blid

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2013, 1:44:51

#63 doesn't really understand what he's doing. He probably doesn't know that eestats exists so he just attacks whoever he sees on his score page. Most of his hits are inefficient and crappy trades.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Serpentor Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 2:14:08

118 is specifically running a topfeeder to seek revenge on the net gainers who all grab him every reset. Obviously he could be grabbing targets that can't hit him back, but he's looking for his own personal vengeance. Tbh, I'd be pissed too if I got hit 20x every set and gdi prevented me from ABing or missile Retal. That's how the server is set up though, so what can you do? Adapt and try to do your best.
The EEVIL Empire

qwertyh Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 3:48:40

I am pretty sure I never grabbed CCCP before until he attacked me ;/

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 4:04:54

I take it you are #4 then heh.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2013, 4:07:32

Originally posted by Serpentor:
118 is specifically running a topfeeder to seek revenge on the net gainers who all grab him every reset. Obviously he could be grabbing targets that can't hit him back, but he's looking for his own personal vengeance. Tbh, I'd be pissed too if I got hit 20x every set and gdi prevented me from ABing or missile Retal. That's how the server is set up though, so what can you do? Adapt and try to do your best.
I don't believe that at all, because if he's good enough to be top 30 right now, which he is, then he doesn't have to get attacked every set. He's just a guy that thinks he can profit big off better people's countries.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

LATC Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 4:16:39

Originally posted by blid:
#63 doesn't really understand what he's doing. He probably doesn't know that eestats exists so he just attacks whoever he sees on his score page. Most of his hits are inefficient and crappy trades.

Heh blid you always assume everyone's goal is to netgain. I'm pretty sure #63 knows exactly what he's doing.. either he's baiting someone into a war or he's trying to keep top countries down.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2013, 4:43:11

No, he clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

Serpentor Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 5:10:19

I already spoke to him blid. He's top feeding on netters because he's been farmed set after set. Said he wants to trade land on his terms this set and not wait to be hit by everyone and their dog first. Also ranted on how GDI protects the netters way too much. And i agree. Obviously he's learned how to play a high early net Indy which is very easy to do. Problem is he should be building off that to learn how to make a strong end game Indy.

It probably would have been better to call me and ask for pointers on how to stay ahead instead of top feeding me, but I do understand where he's coming from.

And yes LATC is right, some people do play to waste time and F around in a game they don't give two fluffs about. Not everyone wants to take it so seriously and net. The randomness of suiciders, and people who wanted to war, or the ability to Retal with missiles and AB's added a whole different dynamic to the old game B. I loved it back then and wish it could still be that way. If things were back to that way, we'd have different t10ers all the time depending on who better keeps a low profile to avoid suiciders, and who's forced into war, etc... It was a more exciting game back then at least. But this style of primary fits my strat well too, so I won't complain.
The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 5:18:06

Originally posted by qwertyh:

Just hitting top guys to trade land on his terms before he falls behind and gets grabbed a bunch. Nothing against you personally, since you change your country name every round, I'm sure.

More importantly...Who's next though? Lol

The EEVIL Empire

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 8:12:54

Well, he's in a very strong position right now to finish the remainder the rest of the reset "farming" smaller countries 1/4 his size. It would be far better than him land-trading with the countries larger than him if the goal is to be big.

Cannon Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 12:46:51

Love it when my two D allies hit each other.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2013, 14:03:11

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Originally posted by qwertyh:

Just hitting top guys to trade land on his terms before he falls behind and gets grabbed a bunch. Nothing against you personally, since you change your country name every round, I'm sure.

More importantly...Who's next though? Lol

If he's this big this late then there's no reason for him to be getting hit as often as he describes in previous rounds. And even if he has been hit a lot before, it makes no sense to just top feed random people now... it's bitterness and silliness, and nothing more, if he's being honest about his reasons. It certainly won't stop people from grabbing countries smaller than them to grow.

I do agree that the current GDI rules are constricting in that they don't allow one to send even a single missile or even do a couple ABs, and that it's silly guys can run with 0 tanks. But I totally disagree about the old way being better. The old way made me quit this game for like 10 years. Oh, great, someone I never attacked just shot me with 30 missiles when I was having a good round. That's not fun, it's idiotic.

And #63 is just stumbling around blindly. He has no idea what's going on.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 15:15:23

As I understand it, #63 has insane SPAL.

Serpentor Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 19:32:31

Well it wasn't better for everyone. If you were a serious netter maybe it was frustrating because it wasn't all about netting and sometimes you had to deal with someone else's style of game play or hit someone who was looking to start fluff. I do like this server now a lot too. It's just different.

Oh and back to this guy. I offered him some indy strat help, but he said he normally doesn't play Indy and is an old returning player. Just playing Indy to... Do what he's doing I guess. Lol
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2013, 19:37:00

It was unplayable. I'd get suicided on for no reason a week or two in always, big waste of time trying to net. So I'd quit playing and it'd just be random chance whether I happened to remember the game existed on the 1st of the month to sign back up for the next reset. If not, then I'd have to wait another 30-60 days and I'd be even less likely to remember the next time.

Wait, he's a returning old player, then why does he need to make a statement about bottom feeding?

Serpentor Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 19:41:13

I dunno man. Probably just a frustration move. That's all. I don't think you gotta read into it anymore.
The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 19:54:25

On a side note, this is the first day I had my goods get stuck and it cost me a days grabbing. :-(
The EEVIL Empire

The Cloaked Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 19:57:03

atleast the stupidity is being spread around.

2013-07-29 19:07:50 PS Infinite Totality (#18) The Cloaked is always hungry (#159) 2346A (3374A)

/sigh

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 21:25:17

techers started stocking today (2 conversions to demo). Food is skyrocketing and tech is plummeting.

qwertyh Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 21:43:21

Cannon, you don't lose any units when your 2 def allies hit each other right?

blid

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2013, 21:54:47

You do

Cannon Game profile

Jul 29th 2013, 23:04:33

Yep. Not even a turn's worth but still

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 2:23:56

This is turning out how I thought last set was going to be. Expensive early tech, expensive oil, soon to be expensive food, and plummeting military prices. Woot!!
The EEVIL Empire

Cannon Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 3:12:22

I always pick the wrong strat.

The Cloaked Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 3:46:29

wrong strat>having idiot pick a fight with you

blid

EE Patron

Aug 2nd 2013, 4:01:31

I feel ya Cloaked. I really don't understand why someone would attack a top country like yours, and then after being retaled, attack again. It's just like, they knew they would be retaled when they made the hit, so why are they RORing? Just insisting on ruining someone's game.

h2orich Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 4:36:19

I feel ya Cloaked. I really don't understand why someone would attack a top country like yours, and then after being retaled, attack again. It's just like, they knew they would be retaled when they made the hit, so why are they RORing? Just insisting on ruining someone's game.

Why? because grabbing him will give him more land in the exchange(since cloaked is fatter) even knowing he will retal, he will still gain from it. Even after the 1st LG, on the 2nd LG he knows that he will get more land in the exchange since cloaked is still fatter, thus the 2nd hit which is known as RoR comes in

crest23 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 4:54:51

Still stupid to do. High food and high oil, just to build and rebuild the same land?

I feel for you Cloaked, I'm going through a little worse than you are.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

smlandau84 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 4:56:22

I think I'm gonna win this set... Just wait for it

The Cloaked Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 7:07:09

h20 - i guess since I consider this a war game. I'm surprised that anyone would assume that they can double tap me and I'll do is let them off with a 1:1 that nets him 1500 acres/hit.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 2nd 2013, 7:36:56

Originally posted by h2orich:

Why? because grabbing him will give him more land in the exchange(since cloaked is fatter) even knowing he will retal, he will still gain from it. Even after the 1st LG, on the 2nd LG he knows that he will get more land in the exchange since cloaked is still fatter, thus the 2nd hit which is known as RoR comes in
LOL, is this a joke post?

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 16:50:05

4 casher
3 commie
2 farmer
1 techer

blid

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2013, 19:24:08

Casher will win again.

eManny Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 20:13:18

I am a returning old-school player as well.
Started off thinking I will just do an all-x strat but realized that doesn't work anymore.

I'm kinda skinny but cash decently :)

What does topfeeding mean anyway? Above you in NW or something like top 25?

I remember grabbing some guy in top 50 last week, I logged on everyday scared lol >.>

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 20:21:01

A topfeed is generally accepted as an attack (SS/PS) wherein after the retal has occurred, you will come out ahead in land more than the person you have attacked.

Some people classify an attack has a topfeed based on intent though, that is, an attack is a topfeed if the attacker has no intention of avoiding the retal. If there is intention to avoid the retal and he does try (by buying turrets), then it would be classified as a midfeed. In contrast, a bottomfeed would be an attack on a country that has very little chance of retalling you.

In the olden days, a topfeed was defined by attacking someone larger NW than you, because in the olden days, doing so gave you more land the larger the target is. Now, attacking countries exactly your size (same NW) gives the maximum land (attacking larger countries gives you a land returns penalty just like attacking smaller countries), but doing so is almost always considered a topfeed because you have next to zero chance of avoiding the retal. Plus it is not economical to trade land like that due to high construction costs, much more turn efficient to bottomfeed.

qwertyh Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 20:21:13

With the top feeding happening, who know who'll win :)
And rainbow never worked..

eManny Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 20:27:19

when do cashiers/indies start the stockpile and stop the attacking phase? I figured some should have already done so, but judging by the land amounts required to win the game, it will be another week before ppl stop attacking...

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 20:29:41

Typically until about 10-15 days from end of set. It has sometimes proven economically better to even only start stocking 8-9 days from end of set, but only in abnormal market conditions.

This also depends on your bonus (like Expenses vs Construction costs). The new construction costs formula has made it more costly to build since last reset, so this may have shifted to 15-20 days from end of set for some country setups.

LATC Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 21:05:06

Ughh ran out of food today.. that hurts.

eManny Game profile

Aug 4th 2013, 0:40:18

if you have units on the market (not yet sold), do you pay upkeep costs for them?

AzNiZe Game profile

Aug 4th 2013, 0:48:39

Originally posted by eManny:
if you have units on the market (not yet sold), do you pay upkeep costs for them?

yes

blid

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2013, 1:00:08

Not food

Chewi Game profile

Aug 4th 2013, 5:16:15

Tech is taking a dump =(

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 4th 2013, 6:33:17

Military is sub 100 lol.
The EEVIL Empire

oldman Game profile

Aug 4th 2013, 6:36:29

oiler FTW!

blid

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2013, 6:52:35

Tech is actually still doing okay imo. I mean, this is WAY better than last round. Good enough to win? Hell no lol, but when is tech ever?

qwertyh Game profile

Aug 4th 2013, 22:54:16

Would've been awesome if I played Fascism.

Qazulight Game profile

Aug 6th 2013, 0:05:48

As I understand it, #63 has insane SPAL.

What is SPAL?

Cheers
Qazulight