Verified:

assassinsxcreed Game profile

Dec 13th 2014, 1:48:11

I am a new player and I was wondering what the market cap is? I wanted to basically store millions of food/oil on the market but I don't know the limit. Also is a one time limit as in, x food for one turn, then x food for another turn, with x being the sale cap?

Dec 13th 2014, 1:49:30

Or is the sale cap the total max you can have no matter how many sales you have at once?

Marshal Game profile

Dec 13th 2014, 2:38:46

you can have as many sales as possible at the same time on market and only limits are minimum of 5k military units (max is 25% (as commy its 35% (outside express)) of units owned (of course if all jets are ps'd out then those can't be sold) and not in market) and bushels and oil (both all has available) and if selling techs then min is 10 points (again max 25% of tech putting on market).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Dec 13th 2014, 3:16:37

Thank you a lot! I had no clue lol. By the way I've only played express and express is probably the only server I'll ever seriously play, so what is the sale cap there for units?

Marshal Game profile

Dec 13th 2014, 11:06:12

no sale cap besides those min and max either but commy can sell more (60%) of whatever it is selling.

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 13th 2014, 12:13:26

Very informative posts by Marshal. However on express I can sell 45% of all military and tech. That is as Republic so presumably it should be the same for all other govs except Communism. On all other servers it's 23% though.

Also, if you get the feel for express you might want to try out the Tournament server. It has almost exactly the same amount of turns.

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 13th 2014, 15:29:48

But s l o w e r.

I am not sure what you mean by cap.

There is no upper limit on the number of unts of any good that you wish to place on the market. There is a minimum as has been said, mostly 5,000 units of military and 10 units of tech. There is a minimum price in the sense that if you try to offer the good at a very low price the market buys it up. In Express, for example, tech is bought by the market at $1,000 a point or lower.

I rather think there is also an upper limit on price in that the market will refuse to accept goods offered above that limit. But I am afraid I cannot give an example of that, I have only rarely seen it discussed.

The way goods are stored on the market is to place them for sale at a price which no-one will pay for them. So you might put 5 million bushels on the market at $150 or $200. When the bushels reach the market they are unlikely to appear there for sale because there will amost certainly be other, lower priced bushels up for sale. When the bushels have sat unsold for long enough they are returned to you and you can cycle them round like this endlessly. While in the hands of the market the bushels are not subject to decay.

Edited By: Furious999 on Dec 13th 2014, 18:40:38
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Dec 13th 2014, 16:26:52

by wiki:

Market Sale Cap

All governments (except Communism) may only place up to 25% of each unit or tech type (they own*) for sale at a time. Communist governments may place an additional 35% of each unit type and/or tech.

*and not in market.

max price is ~3 times priv market price besides techs which max price is 10k+.