Verified:

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 28th 2023, 15:07:14

Again the post above shows you and your crew initiating all aggressions and then getting killed for it.

Yet you say that everyone is against you. For example fastcars formally known as HCnFC (fast cars n hot chicks) has never been part of darkness. We warred them for many sets and then became friends.

I assumed you saw that in your forum deep dive?

You AB’ed them which is why they attacked you this round.

Darkness hit you with two teams why? Because you hit us two rounds in a row and yet according to you we are at fault?

Also you bring up express. You are complaining about me reporting you and getting you deleted? You violated the same rule from tourney. What did you expect? Also like I posted earlier you keep working with your teammates in solo servers.

Anways you see what I did? One polite land grab cuz it’s express and I don’t want to void GDI and give anyone the ability to AB me which is why I stick to one LG

For the record I have died probably 20 times for voiding GDI by farming people like you do. I have a pile of dead countries resulting from Jack ass play….

Edited By: SuperFly on Jan 28th 2023, 15:12:39

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2023, 18:29:20

BH - I think part of the issue is you're hearing things from like 15 different people, who have varying opinions.

For the most part, they're trying to teach you the etiquette of the game - if you want to fight right out of protection, darkness is more than happy to accommodate you. They're probably used to it in a lot of ways given their recent opponents (the RUSSIA group before your resistance, and a variety of suiciders prior to that). But you will likely lose enthusiasm pretty quickly if you go for that method, and it's most used to try and make people stop enjoying the game. So it somewhat depends on your goals - if you want to spend a little more time of each set growing your country and learning the game, having a delayed start is probably better for your war effort, education, and enjoyment - it does partially depend on if you are having fun being the resistance and want to valiantly fight for the title in a war game, or if you have taken their trash talking to heart and want them to just suffer as people/players.

Suiciders is a general term for people who don't really do well but have their goal simply to be that others don't do well either. They're usually new / ignorant to the games mechanics, but sometimes they do it just to be rude. They are not well-respected and repeatedly get killed / give up on the set. The distinction here is probably goals and team work. If you have a set enemy and are working as a team to fight them, I wouldn't put you in that bucket currently (though SF's comments about what got you initially killed leans a little more that way). Tying this back to the above comment, warring can help develop mutual respect and long term pacts, whereas suiciding leads to decades old grudges and insults.

If you want to become a mighty warring group within the game, I think plenty of people would love to give new players some advice. If your goal is to shake up the server by forcing change on a lot of players such that they will no longer enjoy it, it will be hard to find veterans who will support you in that mission. Specifically, fighting darkness for some fun wars is a great goal. Grouping every other team on the server as part of some vendetta against all explore or netting strategies will make you a lot of enemies, in game and personally, and it will be that much harder to find people willing to provide you even basic suggestions.

Kudos to you for reading so much history on this server. Unfortunately, I'll note that some of the main pieces of politics were actually never documented on the boards, as it occurs in IRC/discord chats and in game messages, unless there's something that a team wants to publicly make aware for political or clarification purposes.

Cathankins Game profile

Jan 28th 2023, 19:00:31

I didn’t realize Req played with you guys. No idea how I missed that one.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2023, 22:52:00

Diplomacy always beats politicking in a game where might makes right. You can't say you're playing the politics at all if all the vets are mad at you. Lots of folks are willing to help new players who aren't trying to strong arm them to change. I'll weigh in again because you asked and say something I've already said. You should try to steelman some of your strawman arguments. Even if you view it as your strongest form of propaganda, it makes you appear wrong on a variety of levels to most people because you're often arguing fallacies.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 28th 2023, 23:02:26
See Original Post

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 28th 2023, 23:02:10

I missing reading BH posts on the boards. He is sticking to his guns of not posting anymore :(

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2023, 5:10:00

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Diplomacy always beats politicking in a game where might makes right. You can't say you're playing the politics at all if all the vets are mad at you. Lots of folks are willing to help new players who aren't trying to strong arm them to change. I'll weigh in again because you asked and say something I've already said. You should try to steelman some of your strawman arguments. Even if you view it as your strongest form of propaganda, it makes you appear wrong on a variety of levels to most people because you're often arguing fallacies.

Lol, when it comes to politics I'm in the top 1% of understanding. I've been watching political coverage every week since I was 14 freaking years old. But political novice like you think that you actually have an understanding because of the fact you pay attention once every 2 or 4 years. Yeah keep dreaming. Bernie could easily come out and say that having the debate during the fluffing NCAA finals limit exposure to the American people, and that as a true believer in democracy he feels that the American people should be given the best chance to hear the information necessary for them making their democratic decision. And that he doesn't know why Hillary Clinton doesn't want to make the time to reach a large national audience to inform them about what she wants to do for the county. And why she would purposely choose the date that forces the American people to make a choice between watching the final game of the series they've been watching all month, and informing themselves on the difference between the Democratic candidates? Yeah, I guess politics shouldn't be commented on by people who have no idea what they are talking about.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2023, 19:27:55

Let's go Brandon!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!