kwmi Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 21:07:46

PS Feb 14, 17:56 Renegade (#20) Fresh Tofu (#27) 468 A
NM Feb 14, 19:09 Fresh Tofu (#27) Renegade (#20) 464 A
NM Feb 14, 19:09 Fresh Tofu (#27) Renegade (#20) 441 A
NM Feb 14, 19:09 Fresh Tofu (#27) Renegade (#20) 418 A
CM Feb 14, 19:10 Fresh Tofu (#27) Renegade (#20) 312 B
19,666 C

And then he threatens me with endless war if I do not make peace, what a joke.
MKR - HFA

kwmi Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 21:19:27

obviously ruins the game for me, but also ruins the game for other people, next time I make even a single landgrab on somebody I'm going to have to sabbotage all their missiles because of fluff like this.
MKR - HFA

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2011, 22:41:07

thanks for the post, kwmi

the concerns you raise have been raised by others as well, and we're looking at ways to make the server more enjoyable without removing the intricacies that make tourney fun :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 6:36:58

why would you attack him unprovoked if you did not want to fight?
it is a war game!

(Just a different point of view)
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

TNTroXxor Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 8:53:23

Every action has a reaction. If you dont want any reaction, go all explore. Stop whining pls. Its so annoying people kept complaining they get overretalled. What ? Did you expect everything to go according to your plan ?

p/s i'm not the above nuker.
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

kwmi Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 22:52:24

its fine i'm just saying next time i try to set up land grab i'm going to have to sabbotage all his missiles because of fluff like this. Its unfortunate that it has to happen but I need to protect myself from retards like this.
MKR - HFA

TNTroXxor Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 4:53:15

There is no protection in tourney... Without missile they could still dedicate half the set massing enough stock to screw you over, twice
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Trippster Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 8:45:00

Yep, the only "rules" in tourney have always been what you yourself can enforce. Grabbing someone ... even once ... means that you are taking a GAMBLE weather or not he will retaliate. Retaliation is not always going to be what ... or when you expect it. It is a chance you are willing to take. If you are going to grab you have to decide how much SDI to carry ... how many tanks to keep on hand ... how many turrets you need ... weather you need to diffuse his missiles. It is ultimately,more the choices you make that determine what happens to your country. Some people will nuke you over a grab ... some will AB you ... some may even suicide you ... OH WELL, deal with it. Grabbing is dangerous business. Be careful who you grab.

Pang/slag/qz Please! Please! Please! Don't turn this into another server (express) where whiny titty babies can piss and moan about getting attacked in ways they don't want to be attacked. Otherwise there is no point in having missiles, tanks, troops, spies or SDI tech.
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.
I may or may not be here.

SaRaveok Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 9:10:34

Originally posted by kwmi:
... threatens me with endless war if I do not make peace

Ok, To make that LG, did you declare war on him?
General of The Fallen
---------------------------
MSN:
IRC: #thefallen on Gamesurge

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

kwmi Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 9:52:41

nope, did not declare war.
MKR - HFA

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 13:42:35

Kwmi, its your fault or attacking him. Also, if you grab me and diffuse my missles, i will make it a point to dedicate the rest of my set ruining yours. Diffusing missles is never good.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 13:43:57

They are right, Kwmi, you are acting like a baby. Stop crying and take it like a man. Suck it up- get some SDI. Hit him back- BUT STOP BOTHERING US WITH YOUR CRYING.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Rob Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 17:51:16

Had that quite a few times already. Now I make it a point not to hit anyone with nukes.

MorTcuS Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 4:40:57

I always run all x in tourney.
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

kwmi Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 6:16:22

So I store turns for a day and destroy this guy and this is what he has to say:

Have you read the forum posts lately? Hahahahahaha! Hit me all you want, I'm leaving for vacation in Mexico

HAHAHAHHAHA.

GG WP buddy. Next time you threaten somebody to war you should make sure you can back it up. Have fun in game B again next set
MKR - HFA

Mrredmanbhs Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 14:41:57

I think we should be able to sell missles in the market. I bet that would make things bit more interesting.
-MrRedManbhs

Trippster Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 15:28:51

All right, you grew a set. That's the way to do it. Now get back in there and finish the set the best you can. Don't let it kill your enthusiasm ... if it does he has won anyway.

Buying and selling missiles????? That would sure change things up. I don't think I'd like that though. It would make things to easy for those people who suicide for no reason ... and yes there are sill plenty of those out there.
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 15:33:52

Buy and sell missiles, but have the floor price like $50 million and have them limited to the max missile/acre formula. And only be able to sell like 1 of each type of missile per day.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Naminef Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 15:36:20

you git him...you deserved to get hit back. Honestly with the amount of grabbing that you've been doing I'm surprised that nobody has hammered you sooner.

Trippster Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 15:36:34

nevermind ... read nami's post

Edited By: Trippster on Feb 17th 2011, 15:52:31
See Original Post
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 19:11:05

ya if you don't diffuse missiles this can happen. But if you do diffuse missiles/repeatedly farm to make sure that somebody you hit can't ever grow big enough to hurt you back you are a bully and destroying the game. Standard rock and hard place....

kwmi Game profile

Feb 18th 2011, 0:28:20

standard, i stop netting to teach him a lesson and now he plays the "i don't care I'm going to Mexico soon anyway". Oh well, still worth it to teach him a lesson. I'll still make it to game A next set, while this guy will not.

and Naminef, I don't grab that much in tourny, I always grab from 4k to 10k acres, never hitting the same country more than twice. Yes it is a risk, but most people will accept a few LGs everyset, its not like I'm repeatedly farming.
MKR - HFA

joedro Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 6:24:09

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Buy and sell missiles, but have the floor price like $50 million and have them limited to the max missile/acre formula. And only be able to sell like 1 of each type of missile per day.

I like this idea, but limit the amount that you can buy (5)

No offense kwmi but I know how you play, I bet you deserved every bit of it. And I wouldn't diffuse mine either, you already seen how that worked out for you!

Edited By: joedro on Feb 22nd 2011, 6:48:11
See Original Post
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

MorTcuS Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 15:53:34

then u cant buy more than 1 of each type a day :P.
174099715 (not in use)

Naminef Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 19:59:07

Joedro, is that you that is wrecking kwmi's country?

It's a nice conflict to watch the news for, hehe

kwmi Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 0:58:23

Originally posted by joedro:

I like this idea, but limit the amount that you can buy (5)

No offense kwmi but I know how you play, I bet you deserved every bit of it. And I wouldn't diffuse mine either, you already seen how that worked out for you!

i posted the news, it was one landgrab and the guy retalled with 4 missiles and harmful spy ops. If that is what I deserve for making ONE LANDGRAB, then so be it, but it is far from even after that, in my opinion.

This is the second set in a row I have been suicided on for one landgrab. This is why I was arguing that all XP strats are better in tourny, you get more consistantly good finishes because you don't have to worry about wankers like this over retalling a single landgrab.
MKR - HFA

jedioda Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 12:23:03

Retalling 1 single PS with 4 nukes can be a good strat. If i look to this guy's news, I won't do a PS on him.

kwmi you were just not lucky.

Rob Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 19:11:39

Consistently good finishes, yes I agree, but if a techer is gonna win a particular set - it will never be an all-x techer anymore. Thus, that would mean settling for 2nd place or below almost everytime, with almost no shot at winning. Only a casher or indy stands a chance as an all-x to win game A - and only provided tech prices suck (like this set - it sucks bad)

Rob Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 19:12:42

I forgot farmer. A farmer could win too as an all-x if bushel prices are good

kwmi Game profile

Feb 24th 2011, 22:57:45

ya you will probably not win as all X, but you will get top 10, maybe top 5, almost every time. Grabbing is necessary to win tournament in most cases, just gotta avoid the mine filed of retards who think its fun to over retal and then war you with their terrible countries.
MKR - HFA

Trippster Game profile

Feb 25th 2011, 4:46:18

I have to admit all-x has treated me far better than grabbing. I know my countries would win if I could just grab an extra 4k land per set. It's just not worth it to me. I can finish top 10 most of the time playing all-x but I don't expect to win a set unless the market is in my favor for the entire set. Never happens ... but it could.
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 26th 2011, 4:56:31

i was pretty much set to win game c this set, then i grabbed a guy once and got ab'd 6k and nuked for 2k....

didnt log in again heh

MorTcuS Game profile

Feb 27th 2011, 2:41:43

Originally posted by jedioda:
Retalling 1 single PS with 4 nukes can be a good strat. If i look to this guy's news, I won't do a PS on him.

Precisly this.
174099715 (not in use)

Brink Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 6:20:37

At one point long ago you could buy missiles on the market.

braden Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 6:26:26

i got hit in tourny this reset, was fully intent on retalling, missed a few days of military sales, missed out on the retal. the person, as a grown adult, got away with a single landgrab. as a grown adult, i could have nuked him and destroyed the acres from the game, but i took my loss, my own inability to retal (wasn;t able to run turns to produce the jets to retal) and i moved on.

i could ruin his reset right now if i wanted, but wait for it.. i don't want to.

Dopplegangah Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 1:10:48

i ran an all-x this set and was hit several times for grabs that i didnt retal since they were actually ppl that knew how to grab and move on....though yesterday i logged in and found a nutjob had started a run of failed spyops and landgrabs, with several missiles getting through....he did the same today, and finally replied saying he didnt like my country name, or country #

some people are just crazy/insane/dumb...i didnt mind too much, though i could've done better than i did with my ending nw :P

spawn Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 21:59:01

didnt read any posts but the first few, but its a "tournament" so you can do whatever you want to keep the competition low, no?
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 16:50:53

I refuse to accept that I only have 3 days to Retal!!!

but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

uldust Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 1:51:50

grabbing is an act of war. No one should allow anyone to keep what thay grab.

Z Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 18:04:27

Grabbing is eventually becomes a necessity, Doing it in such a manner as to not receive massive retals is an Art form...

BigRick Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 12:11:15

You just have to take it in stride. I was hit 6 times, couldnt break the dude so sent him a missile, so he retals with a missle plus 5 more hits lol. Didnt ruin my set, just means I have a different set plan that originally planned. I may fail horribly but ahh well.
***Leader of DeathKnights***
Pink Elephant Tamer

Warhorse Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 3:24:17

Yup!

Warhorse Game profile

May 20th 2011, 4:41:25

:)

HomeTurf Game profile

May 26th 2011, 18:18:12

Drexel Spivey anyone tell me who runs this pos country in B tourney. what a douchebag.

renegade Game profile

May 31st 2011, 21:00:24

part of the game
don't attack if you can't take retaliatioN...

jeffpatate Game profile

Jun 5th 2011, 13:13:25

murphy law lol

shanelee Game profile

Jun 21st 2011, 14:45:43

recently there are some noobs like to AB'ing ppl as retal...

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 22nd 2011, 1:19:07

To be fair shaney, you RoRed that guy twice and then tried to run from the retal. If everyone grabs fairly, everyone benefits. If people don't respect common grabbing courtesy, then it all flies out the window.

Rob Game profile

Jun 22nd 2011, 2:31:12

What do you mean by run from the retal?

jedioda Game profile

Jun 23rd 2011, 19:08:02

You can run from the retal if you're very very fast