Verified:

Jiman Game profile

Jul 8th 2011, 21:01:42

Agreed.

dagga Game profile

Jul 8th 2011, 22:20:38

"Jun 2010: SOL gets called by imag into LCN vs Imag war"

That is the LCN/Omega war. We got called into that war by then-allies imagnum. We were netting (or trying to net) and to be honest we didn't want to join that war, hence the 'dual' declaration and us telling LCN of our first strike time 24 hours in advance.

hanlong, please explain how 2 first strikes in 12 months (vs a bigger LAF and vs an equal LCN/ICN) fits your 'model'. This thread is one big justification to make yourselves feel better, but its based on BS.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

locket Game profile

Jul 8th 2011, 22:32:07

Bigger doesnt count when its full of people netting who dont want to war.

But again........

WHO MADE YOU POST THAT GARBAGE DAGGA!

dagga Game profile

Jul 8th 2011, 22:52:20

Ahh yes of course. Bigger doesn't count! I forgot.
signatures are stupid.

hanlong Game profile

Jul 8th 2011, 23:13:50

dagga... you didn't explain to me how you managed to upset both imag and lcn with whatever move you did that reset. just from you describing it as "telling LCN you were going to hit them 24 hours in advance and then dual declaration" tells me there was political manipulation going on.

again i wasn't around so i'm just an inquring mind =)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

archaic Game profile

Jul 9th 2011, 4:04:06

This thread gave me a head ache.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

ArsenalMD Game profile

Jul 9th 2011, 5:31:09

I clearly haven't read everything in this thread but I did see several nice things said about MD.

Thanks Derrick, it's really appreciated.

dagga Game profile

Jul 9th 2011, 7:53:16

What move? We hit LCN on behalf of imag (a dumb move by us) and broadcast our FS time as we probably felt guilty. Of course, Omega hit us roughly 24 hours later and the rest is history.

It was a crappy situation and it was poorly handled by SOL leaders. Still, we came to the aid of an ally and got smoked. Move on.
signatures are stupid.

Lucan Game profile

Jul 9th 2011, 8:18:30

BR - SOL ihk (#957) [SOL] -> Starcraft (#734) [MD] 6C 3B

we can move on. 30k acres and 1.9b in cash

POOF!!!!

somthing I can relate toooooooo. lmfao

Murf Game profile

Jul 9th 2011, 8:39:51

damn some serious long posts on this thread

Walding Game profile

Jul 9th 2011, 8:43:06

[quote poster=Lucan; 10764; 188956]BR - SOL ihk (#957) [SOL] -> Starcraft (#734) [MD] 6C 3B

we can move on. 30k acres and 1.9b in cash

POOF!!!!

somthing I can relate toooooooo. lmfao [/quote]

Thats why you stay with the short ones.

Academus Game profile

Jul 9th 2011, 8:59:32

thanks

XiQter MD Game profile

Jul 9th 2011, 18:08:56

Thanks Derrick! :)

Asing Game profile

Jul 10th 2011, 1:29:52

bonus..
SoL
CC

Samoan Game profile

Jul 10th 2011, 4:01:56

this thread is worthy of my bonus post

Derrick

Jul 12th 2011, 23:21:45

dagga. You obviously don't understand what a metaphor is. I am fully aware of the fact that you have not killed my country for two years straight, and I have also not quit playing the game. You just don't know what a metaphor is. It's your own lack of basic education that makes you sound like a fool. I for one can not help you there. As far as you saying I am an MD suckhole...I guess I am if that's what me publicly thanking them for kindness entails. Had you ever shown me kindness you'd have been complimented the same way.

hanlong: "we know it works for SOL and it might continue to work. no one doubts if SOL will survive or if their tactics will work in this game. you guys have more than proven that and i respect SOL for that. it's similar to how netters run 0 troop netter countries that farm untags because that will give you a better chance at top ranks/ANW/TNW titles. what i was trying to point out that both ideas are detrimental to the game in terms of building community. and until our current devs fix mehul's design flaws i was just hoping the community would collectively universally agree to some sacrifices to their tried and true methods for the sake of community building."

I agree totally with this. Netters are equally the cause.

I think the political justification for war is unnecessary. I believe that if everyone tried to be a better all around clan, like back in the day, they game would improve a bit. I'm a loyalist to ICN and a warmonger at heart. Those who know me know that. Fortunately, when my time comes, I'll be here. I think SOL would be a better clan if they netted once in a while. I understand that takes the fun out of it for some. I don't just net or just war. I've tried to hone my skills as a decent all around player. When I net, I reach the top 50. When I war, I usually take over 500 hits to kill. I believe that model would improve clans. However, we've all been playing this game long enough to know what our bread and butter is. SOL wants to war...as does imag. ICN wants to net, along with laf. I think if you made a 'best clans of the new earth era' list, you'd have to exclude all of those clans for their lack of overall play. Maybe that alone is the reason why netters feel blindsided and SOL seems to always get what they want (war, obviously this set not being a prime example).

If I remember anything about the MD of the past it is that they were a good all around clan. That's why I am happy to see them return. ICN used to be a good all around clan as well. SOL did too. I think ICN for now will stray away from war as much as possible. Which I find unhealthy to clans who prefer to war. You guys ran out of targets with a purpose years ago.

P.S. dagga.....it might surprise you to know I was in SOL at one time under a different name (long before your tenure). I still have friends there and I respect you guys a great deal. It's why I'd like to see some things mutually agreed upon between us. I understand now that I won't get that from you. You are far too bullheaded. This will be my last post directed at you ever. From now on I will only address logical somewhat educated people in your clan.